PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cam!

WillBrink
04-30-20, 15:00
Cam on LEOs gun. LEO lit that vehicle up and even when shot, stayed in the fight. I didn't even see the shot gun pointed at him until the slow mo. Are PD's adopting that tech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvQo98h47o&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2WDx_oVXVK8hqBU3uOlxGMvJPi7HMA6R2V-SnlPKlvcVy1RNMtZ5WhAIA

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-30-20, 18:19
Wow, that’s awesome.

The amazing thing to me is that the officer said nothing after shots were fired, not after being hit, not after having issues with the mag change. I would’ve been carpet F bombing.

8 hits on the BG and he lived. Let that sink in.

20 gauge with bird shot- 12 gauge with buck in the shoulder might have changed things. Nice work by the cop.

TexHill
04-30-20, 19:20
Wow, that’s awesome.

The amazing thing to me is that the officer said nothing after shots were fired, not after being hit, not after having issues with the mag change. I would’ve been carpet F bombing.

20 gauge with bird shot- 12 gauge with buck in the shoulder might have changed things. Nice work by the cop.

You have a 70% chance of surviving being shot with a handgun regardless of caliber.

https://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk

WillBrink
04-30-20, 20:34
Wow, that’s awesome.

Let's all repeat together: pistol ammo in typical duty loads are poor man stoppers.

The examples of goblins taking full mag dumps of (fill in your favorite pistol caliber here) and continuing to fight until someone with a long gun shows up to end it, are numerous.

rero360
04-30-20, 23:08
Let's all repeat together: pistol ammo in typical duty loads are poor man stoppers.

The examples of goblins taking full mag dumps of (fill in your favorite pistol caliber here) and continuing to fight until someone with a long gun shows up to end it, are numerous.

Which, while I have a pistol readily available in one part of my home, I have a 16" AR carbine loaded with 77 gr SMKs traveling at roughly 2600 fps that is my true to go. The ammo is my attempt to recreate MK-262 ammo without excessive pressure while being in a node and getting great groups regardless which gun I'm shooting it through. I hope it never happens but if someone were to kick in my door they're going to get a controlled pair to the chest and two more to the face.

WillBrink
04-30-20, 23:20
Which, while I have a pistol readily available in one part of my home, I have a 16" AR carbine loaded with 77 gr SMKs traveling at roughly 2600 fps that is my true to go. The ammo is my attempt to recreate MK-262 ammo without excessive pressure while being in a node and getting great groups regardless which gun I'm shooting it through. I hope it never happens but if someone were to kick in my door they're going to get a controlled pair to the chest and two more to the face.

Data finds that what ever gun you start the fight with is the gun you will finish the fight with, so the "fight my way to a long gun" mantra does not hold up.

rero360
04-30-20, 23:28
Data finds that what ever gun you start the fight with is the gun you will finish the fight with, so the "fight my way to a long gun" mantra does not hold up.

Totally makes sense, I just have the pistol in one half of the house and the rifle in the other half. I initially wanted to put my AR pistol where the pistol is now but it proved to be unworkable so, depending on where I am in the house if something happens, determines what I grab, I don't feel at a loss with the pistol as I shoot it well and it'll stop the threat, might not kill the bad guy, but he will certainly stop being a threat.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-01-20, 02:39

How many people have more than on gun available, or even try to get to it. Reminds me of how many rounds fired actually was about how many were available- wheel vs mag fed.

yoni
05-01-20, 06:35
Unless the officer was running a longer mag in his pistol, it somehow got hung up and didn't drop out. Because he tried to shove the new mag in with the old one still in the grip of the pistol.

I would love to know where the pedophile got hit with the 8 shots.

May he be put into general population, so a fun time can be had.

Arik
05-01-20, 09:15
Unless the officer was running a longer mag in his pistol, it somehow got hung up and didn't drop out. Because he tried to shove the new mag in with the old one still in the grip of the pistol.

I would love to know where the pedophile got hit with the 8 shots.

May he be put into general population, so a fun time can be had.Or, in the heat of the moment, he tried to shove a new mag before ejecting the old one

1_click_off
05-01-20, 13:51
Or, in the heat of the moment, he tried to shove a new mag before ejecting the old one

Pause and watch it frame by frame or best you can. The empty is partially ejected and he actually shoved it back in with the fresh mag.

Ron3
05-01-20, 15:09
Or, in the heat of the moment, he tried to shove a new mag before ejecting the old one

Could be. Glocks do have mushy mag release buttons and empty poly mags are often slower to drop than steel mags unless you sling / flip them out. (I've never seen a cop do that. Maybe some get trained to but I'd bet few)

Or he just missed the button and went to step 2. Shit happens I'm not picking on him.

I'll bet if he had one regret it would be that he didnt stay ON the guy when he saw the shotgun OR that once he decided to fall back he wished he'd gone low and towards the passenger rear of BG's truck and maybe kept going for better cover if available.

Falling back in the direction he did was his biggest mistake.

But, shit happens and he kept himself alive, in the fight, and shot up the BG. That's the good thing about these videos. To learn what went well, what didnt, and how to improve training.

Ron3
05-01-20, 15:11
Pause and watch it frame by frame or best you can. The empty is partially ejected and he actually shoved it back in with the fresh mag.

Ah. Weak Glock mag ejection.

kwelz
05-01-20, 16:07
I have seen people in training classes grip the gun so hard that mags don't drop free. In the stress of a shooting situation I have no doubt he was squeezing that poor gun hard enough that there are frames back at the factory feeling it.