PDA

View Full Version : What options are out there for a LW 1.93" 30mm AR scope mount?

titsonritz
04-30-20, 21:42
There are not as many 1.93" mounts out there as I thought there would be. Looking to replace a LaRue QD mount for something lighter weight, it needs to be 1.93" 30mm. Non-QD will be preferred unless the mechanism is light weight such Scalarwork. I'm familiar with Badger Ordnance, Geissele, Scalarworks and Spuhr, what other options are out there.

omegajb
05-01-20, 05:55
American Defense makes a 1.93 mount, I'm not sure if weights less than what you currently have.

Also try Warne they might have something that works.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Valhalla
05-02-20, 06:18
I'm familiar with Badger Ordnance, Geissele, Scalarworks and Spuhr, what other options are out there.

I believe out of your list Scalarworks mounts are by far the lightest at 5.88oz, although many don't consider it a "QD" mount. I would concede it being "tool-less" though. If you are just looking for options, Bobro also makes a true-QD 1.93:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/Single-Lever-193_p_98.html

I just weighted mine, it's 8.5oz.

You could in theory make your own 1.93 by adding a raiser to existing rings; the Aero Precision rings are about 3 oz and very well-priced; as ghetto as it may be, if you can find a raiser in the 3oz range you'd have an inexpensive 1.93 mount that's 1/3 the price of Scalarworks but just as light.

VT

Ironman8
05-02-20, 07:18
Your list sounds about right for all the quality 1.93 mounts out there. I have or have had the Badger, Geissele, and ADM. I’m pretty sure the Geissele and ADM are both north of 8 ounces. If I can find my notes on that, I’ll come back to post it.

I just weighed my Badger C1 1.93 mount at 6.7 ounces. If shaving off less than an ounce is worth the extra $100, then Scalarworks is probably the option to go for. Not familiar with Spuhr and what they weigh. There’s apparently a Nightforce 1.93 that I’ve heard rumored to be in the 4.5-5 oz. range but I think it’s not available to the public currently.

ETA: Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.

Furbyballer
05-02-20, 09:41
ADM is 7 oz with the TI clamps. I would also recommend the badger if you can stomach the additional oz to save the money.

titsonritz
05-02-20, 18:18
Your list sounds about right for all the quality 1.93 mounts out there. I have or have had the Badger, Geissele, and ADM. I’m pretty sure the Geissele and ADM are both north of 8 ounces. If I can find my notes on that, I’ll come back to post it.

I just weighed my Badger C1 1.93 mount at 6.7 ounces. If shaving off less than an ounce is worth the extra $100, then Scalarworks is probably the option to go for. Not familiar with Spuhr and what they weigh. There’s apparently a Nightforce 1.93 that I’ve heard rumored to be in the 4.5-5 oz. range but I think it’s not available to the public currently.

ETA: Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.

Same conclusion, the Badger. Thanks for checking your notes and passing on the weight. I, also, looked for the Nightforce and had the same luck.

The riser/ring thing was never an option.

titsonritz
05-02-20, 19:29
Oops there

Defaultmp3
05-02-20, 20:01
Midwest Industries makes a QD, though it's not what I'd consider lightweight: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-30MM-High-QD-Scope-Mount-with-1-4-in-Offset-p/mi-qd30smh-blk.htm

Valhalla
05-03-20, 10:44
Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.

On hindsight I probably should've asked what the setup's purpose was, before making that suggestion. My apologies.

phlegm
05-04-20, 16:19
In the "hopefully some day" category: The ADM full titanium mounts and the Nightforce Ultramount.

For now? Badger C1 all the way.

ETA: KAC has a 1.94" mount, but it's heavier than the Badger.

Biggy
05-04-20, 19:08
Unity Tactical has a 1.930” high,
30mm and maybe a 34mm scope mount coming out, hopefully late this summer or early this fall. It looks really nice.