PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Restrictions?

yoni
05-03-20, 07:50
That is it, I am done with sitting.

I can't do what I need to do, which is get on a plane to Zurich, because the virus is still to strong there to make this a good choice. Money is great, but it isn't worth the risk.

So I want to do a road trip to family in Kansas.

This will mean driving through the following States; Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas.

Do I run a risk of harassment, citations, arrest in any of the listed states?

I will be on I70, only stopping for gas along the way, and of course bathroom breaks when I fill gas. Will not leave I70, when I need to sleep, I will sleep in the car.

Not looking for editorial comments, just knowledge of restrictions. I went to each states highway patrol or state police web page, but saw nothing that raised red flags.

ABNAK
05-03-20, 08:03
I have understood most states being concerned with what you do while in their territory. I have not heard of "Just passin' through" being an issue. Like "You can be here as long as you're headed somewhere else". Concern otherwise would entail actually closing down a state's border, and I haven't seen where that was actually done. Now the FHP at one point was watching for NY and TX plates crossing into Florida, but with things gradually loosening you'll be fine.

utahjeepr
05-03-20, 09:46
Just asking, why not fly? I fly every week. Planes are getting more "crowded" lately, like maybe 1/2 full. The private jet experience is over but flying is still way down, security is starting to get lines again but only about 5 min or so. In my opinion flying is the way to go if it is an option logistically, especially lately.

Fares are freaking cheap too.

Arik
05-03-20, 10:03
You're on a highway, I don't think anyone is going to give a shit what you do.

I live in SE Pa and you wouldn't know there's a quarantine by driving around. Lots of people out going somewhere. No one is being stopped for paperwork check

arptsprt
05-03-20, 10:23
I think you’ll be fine. As mentioned, check any Kansas requirements when you arrive there. My awesome local elected officials had a “mandatory” self isolation order requiring anyone entering the county and each of the individual cities in the county to self isolate for 14 days... Not that there was anyway to enforce it other than turning to a true police state.

Like airports, the interstate highway system is an interstate commerce function that is under the jurisdiction of the federal government and is deemed essential infrastructure. Unless the federal government shuts it down orders the governor to do it, the system will remain open for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoug
05-03-20, 10:51
I only know about western states, but my brother just arrived in Alaska after driving from Texas to Alaska through Canada. He had zero issues. I also just completed a round trip to North Dakota from Alaska with zero issues, but that was primarily in Canada.

mack7.62
05-03-20, 11:34
If you plan on using rest areas check to see that they are open, I know some states shut them down for a while which hurt truckers.

Tx_Aggie
05-03-20, 11:52
I recently made the drive from SW VA (starting on I-81) to western Arkansas, and back, without issue. All driving was on the interstate and stops were only for gas/bathroom breaks. Traffic was relatively light, driving was easy. I never did more than about 5 over the limit and had no contact with LEO, state, local, or otherwise.

That was approx 2 weeks ago. I'll likely be doing the same towards the end of this week, though only driving as far as approx an hour east of Nashville this time.

Evel Baldgui
05-03-20, 12:20
In the past seven weeks I've driven from south FL, to central Fl on two occasions, to South Georgia once, and SC once, all without issues. They were short 2-3 day jaunts, in scattered intervals, but no problems, obstacles, checkpoints, or hassles of any sort.

just a scout
05-03-20, 14:39
Illinois and Missouri you’ll be fine. Just have a mask with you. Mainly only problems are Chicago and Karen’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yoni
05-03-20, 16:08
I will have a keffiyeh, kufiya, shemagh, I have red and white if I am in a Jordanian mood or black and white if I want to pass as a degenerate.

ST911
05-03-20, 22:21
yoni- Minor inconveniences along the way for goods/services. No issues with continuity of travel. For nosy people, you know how to talk and what to say.

yoni
05-04-20, 07:11
yoni- For nosy people, you know how to talk and what to say.

I will wrap my black and white shemag over my face and tell the people I am fleeing Zionist persecution.

WS6
05-04-20, 09:30
That is it, I am done with sitting.

I can't do what I need to do, which is get on a plane to Zurich, because the virus is still to strong there to make this a good choice. Money is great, but it isn't worth the risk.

So I want to do a road trip to family in Kansas.

This will mean driving through the following States; Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas.

Do I run a risk of harassment, citations, arrest in any of the listed states?

I will be on I70, only stopping for gas along the way, and of course bathroom breaks when I fill gas. Will not leave I70, when I need to sleep, I will sleep in the car.

Not looking for editorial comments, just knowledge of restrictions. I went to each states highway patrol or state police web page, but saw nothing that raised red flags.

I live in Missouri. We are no commies. I've been hitting the gym daily to beat out my frustrations with the human animal.

yoni
05-04-20, 09:37
Agree 100% with working out, I didn't have a chance for 3 days to workout and a black mental fog started to creep in.

Good night sleep last night, 30 minutes yoga this morning, soon 45 minute body weight TRex type work out and then later 45 minutes with a 40 pound pack on my back.

Will be fit as a fiddle.

chuckman
05-04-20, 10:30
No issue on the interstates. Edited to add, no issues on non-interstate highways, either. You are good to go.

WS6
05-05-20, 00:15
Agree 100% with working out, I didn't have a chance for 3 days to workout and a black mental fog started to creep in.

Good night sleep last night, 30 minutes yoga this morning, soon 45 minute body weight TRex type work out and then later 45 minutes with a 40 pound pack on my back.

Will be fit as a fiddle.

Jujitsu has come to a halt, sadly, so I am still not as neutral as normal, but have edged into the negative a good bit. Typically I'm a neutral mindset with a hint of realism.

Sam
05-06-20, 08:31
I will have a keffiyeh, kufiya, shemagh, I have red and white if I am in a Jordanian mood or black and white if I want to pass as a degenerate.

Or one of these if you want to pretend you're Southeast Asian :) the scarf not the gat.

https://i.imgur.com/9SDJlqy.jpg?1

yoni
05-06-20, 08:49
More of a CZ guy. When you said gat, I thought of kat or gat the leaves chewed in east Africa and the Middle East.

Sam
05-06-20, 08:53
More of a CZ guy. When you said gat, I thought of kat or gat the leaves chewed in east Africa and the Middle East.

I know you're a CZ guy but the pizza gun was handy for the picture. Not kat/gat leaves that people chew, I've read about those. Gat as in gun. :)

yoni
05-06-20, 09:01
I have eaten it, to me it was like about 6 shots of espresso. In other words no big deal.

How you like that pizza pistol?

ffhounddog
05-06-20, 09:37
I drove from Virginia Manassas area NOVA to the locals to Montgomery Alabama and was not stopped. Things were getting more crowded when I was in TN but I was going about 85 mph until I hit GA and AL and it was 75 mph because I do not know how to drive slow. My Car is good up to 120mph then I have to beat the govnorer. I was also lugging 10k rounds of ammo to the AL casa.