PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Academy...

L.F.O.D
11-24-08, 14:44
Has any one taken any of the rifle course's? I am blessed that they are next door (@2 miles away). Didn't know if anyone has taken any class's there?

of188
11-24-08, 23:05
I took Police Rifle in 2007. The class was about 12 students with one instructor. I took the class because I am an instructor and I wanted to go over/re-learn/practice the basics and to get some time on the range where I wasn't teaching.

This was the first non-instructor class I have taken from a school and I was pretty happy with it. The round count was much lower than the ammo requirements would have led me to believe but we also got 3 inches of rain - at least - while we were on the range. One thing I did like was that in addition to what the instructor had planned for the day he asked each student at the beginning of the class if there was anything in particular they wanted to try or accomplish.

I have been trying to get back to take the course again but haven't made it back yet. I felt I learned and got to practice some useful things and I would recommend it to others with the only qualification to that statement being that I haven't taken a user course from anyone else.

L.F.O.D
11-25-08, 06:41
Wow thanks. I cant wait till spring so i can take the rifle course. This winter is the pistol course. Cant wait!

ramplit
11-25-08, 08:08
Hello,

I've taken three courses down there, all pistol based. It's a great facility and have enjoyed every course. They do evening classes as well as multi-day and weekend classes. I wish I were closer so that I could get to the evening classes, what an opportunity!

As with any class, the experience will vary with the instructor and the skill level of the other students, but I've been pleased with my experiences there. During my pistol classes there I've worked on low-light, force on force with simunitions and moving targets all in the context of thier concealed carry classes. I'd really like to get down there and take the precision rifle school (Blaser LRS 308s are the school rifle), the defensive carbine class and the AR15 Armorers class.

This is the only formal training school that I've been to other than local classes and it is certainly in my mind a world-class traing facility. Certainly that was demonstrated to me when one of my lunch mates from last class was from Turkey and was one of the best shots in the class.

best regards,

ETA: BTW, my wife and son are signed up for one of thier December pistol courses.

L.F.O.D
11-25-08, 17:35
Thanks. Next time you are getting down here let me know. always love to go shoot with good people.

ramplit
02-02-09, 10:42
LFOD,

Just signed up for the Sigarms Extreme Close Quarters Battle Long Gun to be taught in April. Hoping for a good course. My son and I are going and are looking forward to it.

Best regards,

L.F.O.D
02-02-09, 16:09
very very cool. let me know when you are in town we will have to go get lunch and talk guns.