PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a product

robbuffie1
05-04-20, 17:32
Can I get a step by step guide on how to successfully sell a rifle? I am new and have no idea where to begin.

JulyAZ
05-04-20, 17:36
Get the shamwow guy to do your infomercial.

That or make a product people want to buy.

Or are you talking private sale? Internet sale? Setting up a booth at a gun show?

Your post is very vague.

The answer even depends on where you’re located.

MikhailBarracuda91
05-04-20, 17:59
So your first post is a question on how to sell a rifle?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

everready73
05-04-20, 19:50
Do you mean a used rifle in the equipment exchange?

It is harder for someone with low posts and no feedback. People have to trust you to ship the rifle to their FFL after they pay you.

Honestly if this is s one time thing I would just sell it local unless it is s valuable item. Then maybe list on GunBroker or if really higher end have an established auction place do it for their cut

Looking at GunBroker completed auctions should give you an idea of what it is worth

If it is just a run if the mill rifle list it on any local forums, classifieds, etc. Make sure to post pictures and enough info. Also know any local laws. Beware of scams and meet in person

If you just need to sell one rifle you could also just call a couple local gun stores and see what their consignment fee is. They take care of selling for you and take 10-15% usually. Done places will sell on GunBroker for you as well

GH41
05-05-20, 09:50
So your first post is a question on how to sell a rifle?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Also looks that way to me. The question is dumb but the answer is easy.. decide what you want for it, advertise it, if it doesn't sell lower the price untill it does.

Stickman
05-05-20, 16:56
Can I get a step by step guide on how to successfully sell a rifle? I am new and have no idea where to begin.

Might be helpful to say what country and state you are in. The laws of Canada are different than that of NY and AZ.

Valhalla
05-10-20, 01:07
Get the shamwow guy to do your infomercial.

No love for Billy Mays??? :D

vicious_cb
05-10-20, 01:12

Ask M4c how to sell a rifle
???
Profit

Its amazing how some people can completely lack tact.

rooster2412
05-10-20, 18:17
Price it high cause it's easier to come down than go up.

Dino11
05-11-20, 03:46
Sold an AR yesterday in 2 min. on Armslist. The guy drove three hours to come pick it up. And while I was waiting for him to show up I probably got 20 more hits on it. I got full on retail price for it as well. The market must really be drying up inventory wise.

rooster2412
05-11-20, 04:13
Honestly it depends on which model it was too, as you know some models are more desirable than others, say for example R6450 9 mm Green Label manufactured 1984 - 1989 with large front pivot pin, DIAS ready/no sear block and mil spec fcg is more valuable than the same model R6450 9 mm Blue Label manufactured 1991 with a small front pivot pin, over size fire control group pins, steal sear block, and no bayo lug. Another prime example is the R6520 Govt. Carbine green label vs the same model in a blue label. Among some of the rarest models ever made is the AR6721 A3 Tactical Carbine where there were only 134 preban manufactured before the 1994 AWB. Serial Number BD000134 and below.
Congrats Dino11 on the sale of you're AR.

mark5pt56
05-11-20, 05:47
I'm closing this as in my opinion a sly way to sell one.