PDA

View Full Version : pmag grip tape stuff

taliv
11-24-08, 16:48
back in '07, i bought some stuff that was basically skateboard tape pre-cut to fit the little square indents in pmag bodies. I really like it because the adhesive is good (it hasn't peeled in a year of use) and it makes a huge difference in being able to hang on to the mags.

but i have more pmags now and i can't seem to remember what that stuff was called or who sold it.

anyone know what I'm talking about, maybe help me out here?

thanks,

Failure2Stop
11-24-08, 16:59
Sounds like the EMG (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=792), available from Rainier Arms.

taliv
11-24-08, 17:02
yep, that's it! Thanks!

seems a little pricier than it was last time...

xm15
11-24-08, 18:10
McMaster Carr . com

a 100ft roll for $17

kbrdann
11-24-08, 20:40
Just a little FYI. I bought a roll of grip tape at Lowes the kind you put on wooden steps and i make my own. One roll of tape is $9.95

Dave_M
11-24-08, 21:25
Just a little FYI. I bought a roll of grip tape at Lowes the kind you put on wooden steps and i make my own. One roll of tape is $9.95

My thoughts exactly.

Gentoo
11-24-08, 22:44
Thats a very clever idea.

Skateboard grip tape is about $5 for a sheet 35"x9".

Half the time they will just give you a sheet for free if you ask.

theblackknight
11-25-08, 00:12
Thats a very clever idea.

Skateboard grip tape is about $5 for a sheet 35"x9".

Half the time they will just give you a sheet for free if you ask.

Ive never been in a skateshop that gives away free grip. Its always included in the price of a deck tho.

Skate grip is always more agressive then industrial type,as per some riders like more grip and some like less. MOB brand is the most agressive stuff out there. And if you put it on right the 1st time with no bubbles and such, it will take a hairdryer to peel off. Skateshops buy it by the roll if you really want to get serious.

Gentoo
11-25-08, 01:07
MOB is really good stuff, I agree that they won't give that away. Actually Flik and FKD have camo, brown and od green griptape, and I know for sure Flik does clear tape.

And yeah you are probably right about them giving it away. Its just the few times I've needed a replacement sheet they just gave it to me. Anyways, it can't hurt to ask! ;)

theblackknight
11-25-08, 01:13
aww sheet! camo?Thats tuff actin tanactical! .havent seen it tho. Is is digi or blob? seen the colors tho.

Gentoo
11-25-08, 03:16
Its the oldschool woodland style:

Clicky (http://www.skatewarehouse.com/descpageGTFKD-FKDMGT.html)

Not tacti-cool, but would go nice with a oldschool 20" setup. :p