PDA

View Full Version : Primary Arms/Strike Industries new rifles

Slater
05-08-20, 09:02
Apparently a 1/7 twist barrel isn't on the menu (at least initially)

"Primary Arms and Strike Industries have partnered up to launch a series of new rifles – the Sentinel and Sentinel Elite. The new Sentinel rifles (pistols coming soon) are chambered in .223 Wylde and are priced between $749.99 and $1149.99 (MSRP)."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/05/07/primary-arms-joins-with-strike-industries-on-sentinel-rifle-lines/

B Cart
05-08-20, 10:35
I didn't think Strike Industries had the best quality reputation on parts? At any rate, in today's AR market, that price seems a little high for a PA/Strike combo rifle. If i was going to spend in the $800-$1,200 range, there are a LOT of better proven options out there.

justin_247
05-08-20, 11:20
I didn't think Strike Industries had the best quality reputation on parts? At any rate, in today's AR market, that price seems a little high for a PA/Strike combo rifle. If i was going to spend in the $800-$1,200 range, there are a LOT of better proven options out there.

A lot of folks consider Strike to be something like Spike's. SI also apparently thought including a sig rune on their logo was a good idea.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-08-20, 11:30
Stroke Industries parts are straight up garbage and I can't believe that Primary Arms would team up with them.

Slater
05-08-20, 11:49
Maybe Primary Arms is looking to become the next Palmetto State Armory (except pricier)?

n8vmind
05-08-20, 12:14
Carbine gas system on 16" barrel at that price point? Better off spending less and getting a M&P15 sports 2.

Torquetard
05-08-20, 19:04
You mean the strike industries SARS semi automatic rifle system

Vegas
05-08-20, 19:51
Those look like hot garbage. Frankly, I'd rather give my money to PSA if I was buying an AR at that end of the market. How much of that gun is made in Taiwan?

HCrum87hc
05-08-20, 22:47
It's a no from me dog. I'm slightly disappointed in PA for teaming up with SI.

Diamondback
05-09-20, 00:19
Apparently a 1/7 twist barrel isn't on the menu (at least initially)

"Primary Arms and Strike Industries have partnered up to launch a series of new rifles – the Sentinel and Sentinel Elite. The new Sentinel rifles (pistols coming soon) are chambered in .223 Wylde and are priced between $749.99 and $1149.99 (MSRP)."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/05/07/primary-arms-joins-with-strike-industries-on-sentinel-rifle-lines/

I've never seen a Wylde in 1/7, and this is disappointing. I woulda expected PA to do better.

Sry0fcr
05-09-20, 01:00
Seems like this is just an "exclusive" distribution type deal. I don't see a PA logo or part on the gun. Part of their customer base are cheap asses that like red/blue anodizing. I'd expect these to hit the street at $600 or less.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Circle_10
05-09-20, 04:57
Yeah the way I’m reading it is that PA is just going to be the exclusive distributer of rifles that are made by Strike. As much as I like PA, they do sell products from a fair number of “budget” brands already, including Strike, so this move isn’t overly surprising. On the other hand PA also sells high end stuff as well.

Vegas
05-09-20, 18:37
Yeah the way I’m reading it is that PA is just going to be the exclusive distributer of rifles that are made by Strike. As much as I like PA, they do sell products from a fair number of “budget” brands already, including Strike, so this move isn’t overly surprising. On the other hand PA also sells high end stuff as well.

For me, PA is a fantastic vendor. They ship quick, have very fair prices and are great to deal with if you need them. I can't blame them for stocking the guns as they will sell, so agreed, not really surprising.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-09-20, 18:40

For me, PA is a fantastic vendor. They ship quick, have very fair prices and are great to deal with if you need them. I can't blame them for stocking the guns as they will sell, so agreed, not really surprising.

To quote Neil McCauley from Heat There's a flip side to that coin...

Companies are known by the products they sell, similar to the saying people are known by the company they keep. If these SI rifles end up being hot garbage like most think they will, that can hurt PA's reputation and cost them customers.

Sry0fcr
05-09-20, 19:32
To quote Neil McCauley from Heat There's a flip side to that coin...

Companies are known by the products they sell, similar to the saying people are known by the company they keep. If these SI rifles end up being hot garbage like most think they will, that can hurt PA's reputation and cost them customers.I mean they already sell F1 and Radical...

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-09-20, 21:09
I mean they already sell F1 and Radical...

So does a million other places. They're going to be the exclusive distributor of these SI guns.

Plus, I'd bet a wooden nickel these are going to be worse than F1 and Radical.

flenna
05-10-20, 08:23

I agree, and PA has been a great vendor for me. They sell the gamut from budget items to high end parts and kudos to them for that. Not everyone out there can afford to pay for premium parts or rifles .

Tony617
05-10-20, 16:04
I agree, and PA has been a great vendor for me. They sell the gamut from budget items to high end parts and kudos to them for that. Not everyone out there can afford to pay for premium parts or rifles .

I have ordered quite a bit from PA over the past few years as well. Depending on your budget they have lower priced parts as well as higher priced items as well.

Eazyeach
05-10-20, 18:56
No.
Thank.
You.