PDA

View Full Version : 14.5 upper legality?

LibertyCola
11-24-08, 18:57
Could I order one in Washington State and then send it to adco to get a perm vortex legally? Assuming I never attach the upper to the lower is this legal?

lwoper
11-24-08, 20:08
i ordered my 14.5 upper in indiana and when i received it i kept it at a diff location than my upper till i had it welded. i think if you kept them both in the same place it isn't legal. even if they are not togather maybe someone who knows the law better will chime in

mmike87
11-24-08, 20:16
If you're worried about it, can you have the place you're buying from attach the hider for you?

Saginaw79
11-24-08, 20:16
The catch is 'Constructive intent' one of ATFs favorite charges, but as long as your door isnt gonna be kicked in soon you're GTG. Technically it isnt illegal unless you assemble it onto a lower.

WallaS
11-24-08, 20:19
Have the upper dropped shipped to the company that is going to install and pin the flash suppressor if you are worried.

LibertyCola
11-24-08, 23:05
Thanks for the answers, I will move my lower to a different house when my upper is delivered. Right now it is "pending" from LMT so it might be a while.

lwoper
11-24-08, 23:24
i just got my lmt 14.5 complete and ready to zero the aimpoint. can't wait to fire it off

rmecapn
11-25-08, 09:45
I have found that BATF agents follow the delivery truck right to your door and when you take receipt, they will ask to see your SBR stamp. If you don't produce, you're arrested on the spot.

My, my, such paranoia. And you wonder why folks will gladly hand over their AR's when the new AWB has no grandfather clause. Heaven forbid you should break the law. :rolleyes:

Ya'll must live in very interesting environments. I've never had anyone ever, ever, ever ask to see my SBR stamp for my 14.5" barreled AR. Not one person has asked, not one LEO, not one dumbass range officer on some non-descript range. No one. I'm sure glad I live where I do instead of areas where they want to see "your papers".

markm
11-25-08, 10:00
I have found that BATF agents follow the delivery truck right to your door and when you take receipt, they will ask to see your SBR stamp. If you don't produce, you're arrested on the spot.

My, my, such paranoia. And you wonder why folks will gladly hand over their AR's when the new AWB has no grandfather clause. Heaven forbid you should break the law. :rolleyes:

Ya'll must live in very interesting environments. I've never had anyone ever, ever, ever ask to see my SBR stamp for my 14.5" barreled AR. Not one person has asked, not one LEO, not one dumbass range officer on some non-descript range. No one. I'm sure glad I live where I do instead of areas where they want to see "your papers".

Thank you! I was wondering if there were ANY MEN left on the planet! :rolleyes:

Just don't build ANYTHING ILLEGAL!!! WE'RE NOT SPLITTING ATOMS HERE, FOLKS!

p.s. - The UPS Driver is actually the undercover Agent incharge of "Intent".

mmike87
11-25-08, 11:11
The UPS Driver is actually the undercover Agent incharge of "Intent".

Well, uh ... there was an incident in my neighborhood a few months ago where the UPS guy actually WAS an undercover DEA agent ... so just don't smoke any dope while assembling your upper!

markm
11-25-08, 11:27
Well, uh ... there was an incident in my neighborhood a few months ago where the UPS guy actually WAS an undercover DEA agent ... so just don't smoke any dope while assembling your upper!

GLPstandard would probably benefit from this info! :p

Dr. Quickdraw Mcgraw
11-25-08, 14:28

are you really in Iowa? I only ask because it is not legal to possess any SBR in the state of Iowa, unless you are a class 3 dealer that is...

rmecapn
11-25-08, 16:47
are you really in Iowa? I only ask because it is not legal to possess any SBR in the state of Iowa, unless you are a class 3 dealer that is...

Yes, I really live in Iowa ... you missed the point.