PDA

View Full Version : Mr Robot (Review)

WillBrink
05-12-20, 08:41
Just finished season one and wow. Words fail me as you to describe this show. Any descriptions I see online are not even close. I'm surprised I have only just learned of this show. Easily one of the most brilliant all around shows I have ever seen. It's The Matrix meets Fight Club meets True Romance. A full description fails me, so I will use what others have:

"Elliot, a brilliant but highly unstable young cyber-security engineer and vigilante hacker, becomes a key figure in a complex game of global dominance when he and his shadowy allies try to take down the corrupt corporation he works for."

That's not even close to actually covering it, but I can't come up with anything better. Cast, acting, soundtrack, etc. all top tier. I don't know know if the following seasons are good, but season one is A+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBiJ_SzJTA

jmoore
05-12-20, 10:03
My wife and I really, really TRIED to watch this series when it first came out - no joy!
I can’t begin to describe the many levels of fail (and honestly, have forgotten most:).
As they say - “opinions vary” :). YMMV, so give it a try. And FWIW - tried several times to watch and like Matrix - no joy:)

geezer john

SteyrAUG
05-13-20, 14:50
Was really getting into Season One when it first came out, then it got weird, then it got stupid, then I changed the channel.

Along this theme, sorta, "Halt and Catch Fire" was far more interesting.

WillBrink
05-19-20, 10:29
Was really getting into Season One when it first came out, then it got weird, then it got stupid, then I changed the channel.

Along this theme, sorta, "Halt and Catch Fire" was far more interesting.

You and I tend to have very similar tastes in such things, but on this one, clearly not. Goes in a weird direction, for sure. Stupid? I find it one of the best written/directed/acted shows I have ever seen. I'm into S2 now, and it continues to be good.

Never seen "Halt and Catch Fire." Seems to also get high ratings.