PDA

View Full Version : TacomHQ Alpha TARAC

JediGuy
05-13-20, 07:49
Tony Cowden sang some praises. Looks like an interesting concept.

Here’s an article from the inimitable Mr. Gurwitch:

https://www.defensereview.com/alpha-tarac-optical-accessory-flip-up-lens-doubles-your-red-dot-combat-optics-point-of-impact-video/

Anyone have experience with these?

https://tacomhq.com/alpha-tarac/

just a scout
05-13-20, 08:06
Looks great. Very HSLD. What does it do? And how? Because it looks like just a flip up piece of glass sitting on a rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

05-13-20, 09:06
There was a different company making this in the past with a less tactical name that I don’t remember.

Failure2Stop
05-13-20, 14:51
I saw these last year and thought they were pretty cool.
The company is well known for their extreme long range periscope device.
I hope that they expand the line a little to better capture some niche applications.

Failure2Stop
05-13-20, 14:55
Looks great. Very HSLD. What does it do? And how? Because it looks like just a flip up piece of glass sitting on a rail.

It's a prism that angles the entry of light to make the image appear to be a specific value in MOA lower than the normal light path.
The practical effect is that you can "flip up" a long range zero without touching your optic.

titsonritz
05-13-20, 15:02
Pretty cool concept. I like the idea since I prefer a 100yd zero for my red dots, it would be nice to "flip up" and increase in yardage for those rare occasions.

JediGuy
03-06-22, 18:10
I think someone else posted about this later, but I’m too lazy to look for it.

I finally ended up ordering one of these during a sale in January. Apparently they had some material lost by a shipper, so I don’t have in hand yet.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to mention that they responded to a customer service query within four minutes on a Sunday evening. I appreciate that; it wasn’t expected.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-06-22, 23:57
Seen one in person. If I could find better 556 ammo and find it reliably in a specific load, I'd order one in a heartbeat.