PDA

View Full Version : What are you're thoughts about Buying a Beta C Mag

rooster2412
05-13-20, 09:34
I already know hauling around 100 rnds. of ammo in one these plastic bullet holders is brain dead, like why wouldn't you just have 3 - 30 rdn mags, easier to stash, less bulky, and there are a number of other logical reasons. After the assault weapons ban 1994-2004 I told myself I'd never buy another one although I can remember selling 3 or 4 of them during that era for $ 800. - $ 900. a pop and everybody was thinking, oh this my last opportunity to buy one.... Lol..

The last one I bought was oh within the last year or so and it was $ 100.00 bucks used no pouch, no loader, no nothing just the C Mag itself and I ended up flipping it for a $ 75.00 profit and the buyer was happier than a pig in shit ! Well, I saw found another one and this time it's NOS, new old stock, with the pouch with the loader, graphite, instructions, no box for $ 100.00 bucks and yeah this guy probably has a screw loose just like me but I'm not going to tell him what I'm really thinking. I keep telling myself, "how can I go wrong" but in the back of my mind I keep telling myself no don't do it cause I can buy a Colt AR barrel or something else that'll sell a whole quicker and probably make a better % margin than this ole' plastic bullet holder, but it draws attention my tables at the show, ya know it reels them in and then they lock on to something else in the display.

What do ya'll think ?

https://images2.imgbox.com/b2/83/MRhWEr2S_o.jpg

Wake27
05-13-20, 09:39
So you’re only asking about whether it’s worth it to buy one just to sell it for a higher price later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rooster2412
05-13-20, 09:55
Wake, when you decide to sell you're gear do you just dump it ?

markm
05-13-20, 10:06
They're silly nonsense. The only good reason to take on the burden of storing it, it so make money off of some goober later.

Uni-Vibe
05-13-20, 10:25
If you're just going to speculate, buy ordinary magazines.

You can get Pmags for $11 each if you look; D&H under ten bucks.

After Biden gets elected, and the Senate turns over, you can sell these for $50? $75? $100?

Or buy Pmag D-60 for around $130; they'll be worth their weight in supermodels after the election (if there is an election).

Renegade
05-13-20, 10:50
What are you're thoughts about Buying a Beta C Mag

They area blast for F/A dumps. Not much use for anything else.

minuteman1636
05-13-20, 11:23
I bought one just to have in the collection. It just sits on the shelf. As others have stated, they aren't practical. The Army tested them in Afghanistan and decided they were not useful either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rooster2412
05-13-20, 13:29
Back before the AWB I purchased 2 new in box Rocky Mountain Arms Patriot pistols as investments before the prices went ape shit on AR's, one was a standard upper & lower receiver model & the other was milled upper & lower receiver. The milled gun was finished in green (can't remember the name of the finish) cause I wanted it to be different. The Beta C didn't lock into the mag catch of the milled receiver cause the milled receiver just didn't allow the necessary room for everything to click into place. It made the Patriot look pretty narly just sitting in the magwell but again the set-up was not practical at all.

https://images2.imgbox.com/ed/e3/QuOcgMp2_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/b4/82/ZxMWaULD_o.jpg

The_War_Wagon
05-13-20, 14:21
They're silly nonsense. The only good reason to take on the burden of storing it, it so make money off of some goober later.

That's pretty much what I discovered. Sold mine I bought before 9/11 (Got 'em at a markdown AFTER Y2K fizzled!), during the OBAMANATION run-up in '08. Made triple my money, thankfully.

ViniVidivici
05-14-20, 15:29

My thoughts exactly. Do not want.

lowprone
05-14-20, 18:36
Do you have a machinegun?
If not it is foolish.

1_click_off
05-14-20, 18:55
Or buy Pmag D-60 for around $130; they'll be worth their weight in supermodels after the election (if there is an election).

Supermodels are on sale for $99 at arms unlimited and they qualify for free shipping....

TomMcC
05-14-20, 19:48
I already know hauling around 100 rnds. of ammo in one these plastic bullet holders is brain dead, like why wouldn't you just have 3 - 30 rdn mags, easier to stash, less bulky, and there are a number of other logical reasons. After the assault weapons ban 1994-2004 I told myself I'd never buy another one although I can remember selling 3 or 4 of them during that era for $ 800. - $ 900. a pop and everybody was thinking, oh this my last opportunity to buy one.... Lol..

The last one I bought was oh within the last year or so and it was $ 100.00 bucks used no pouch, no loader, no nothing just the C Mag itself and I ended up flipping it for a $ 75.00 profit and the buyer was happier than a pig in shit ! Well, I saw found another one and this time it's NOS, new old stock, with the pouch with the loader, graphite, instructions, no box for $ 100.00 bucks and yeah this guy probably has a screw loose just like me but I'm not going to tell him what I'm really thinking. I keep telling myself, "how can I go wrong" but in the back of my mind I keep telling myself no don't do it cause I can buy a Colt AR barrel or something else that'll sell a whole quicker and probably make a better % margin than this ole' plastic bullet holder, but it draws attention my tables at the show, ya know it reels them in and then they lock on to something else in the display.

What do ya'll think ?

https://images2.imgbox.com/b2/83/MRhWEr2S_o.jpg

What do I think? I think I wouldn't buy jack off you.

Wake27
05-14-20, 21:57
Wake, when you decide to sell you're gear do you just dump it ?

I don’t buy bullshit with the intent of selling it later.

JoshNC
05-14-20, 22:04
If you're just going to speculate, buy ordinary magazines.

You can get Pmags for $11 each if you look; D&H under ten bucks.

After Biden gets elected, and the Senate turns over, you can sell these for $50? $75? $100?

D-60 absolutely sucks to load.

rooster2412
05-15-20, 07:45
I must be a glutton for punishment cause I was awake this morning around 2:00 am & the Auction was closing at 7:35 am eastern standard time & I placed a final bid of $ 145.00 on the new in bag Beta C Mag and I got the confirmation moments ago that I had won. $ 6.00 shi for a total investment of $ 151.00. Well some goober is going to get a deal!

Alex V
05-15-20, 20:08
Not gonna lie, as soon as I moved out of NJ I ordered a D60. Since then I got a couple more, a D50 and even a 50 round drum for a Glock. Why? Who cares. Cause I can :-)

I know I can get 9 or 10 M3 PMags for the price of one drum but living with 15 and 10 round mags my entire gun owning life I couldn’t help myself.

Last night I was looking at Beta C mags before bed.

If you want one, get one. Yeah, I’m sure you can sell it for a premium in January.

rooster2412
05-17-20, 21:11
TomMcC,

your wife didn't give you enough ging a ling allowance last week ? too bad, I feel for ya' dude. For an out of pocket expense it's just $ 51. more than a LEO Beta & no, where it go paperwork. It'll be a paperweight for 6 mos & next fall after Colt parts HTF I can probably double or triple my investment orjust hang on to it & wait for the right opportunity. Prior to the AWB I had 3 beta's & tripled my $ on each of them off GunBroker. The right opportunity comes around, cowabunga dude as Bart would say. https://images2.imgbox.com/73/f6/4SkkYpp8_o.jpg

Wake27
05-17-20, 22:20
TomMcC,

your wife didn't give you enough ging a ling allowance last week ? too bad, I feel for ya' dude. For an out of pocket expense it's just $ 51. more than a LEO Beta & no, where it go paperwork. It'll be a paperweight for 6 mos & next fall after Colt parts HTF I can probably double or triple my investment orjust hang on to it & wait for the right opportunity. Prior to the AWB I had 3 beta's & tripled my $ on each of them off GunBroker. The right opportunity comes around, cowabunga dude as Bart would say. https://images2.imgbox.com/73/f6/4SkkYpp8_o.jpg

Cool story. This really isn’t the forum to brag about price gouging.

rooster2412
05-18-20, 00:01
wake,

I don’t buy bullshit with the intent of selling it later.

That's the way a lot of people think. wake, I'm not bragging about anything. I was raised in a retail environment, my father owned his own business, and retail was instilled into all of the children at a very early age. It's like anything, if it's priced too high or too much, ignore it & keep on moving. The AWB was 26 +/- yrs ago, and when Y2K fizzled, the prices on C mags fizzled too. When the ban expired in 2004 a person could buy one for pennies on the dollar. Again C mags are virtually worthless, they get by on their reputation from the past and the only reason why I bought this one is because it was too cheap for one New in Pouch & only $ 51.00 over the cost of a LEO C mag. I have no intentions of selling it for a profit right away. I cant replace it with another one for what I paid for it so it'll sit around & become a paperweight for the time being. If someone offers me double or more what I paid, chances are it'll have a new home but no intentions of advertising it.
Never a dull moment with TomMcC around, I wouldn't buy jack off you. Lol