https://youtu.be/nUbQhw4eIPI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckman
05-18-20, 15:05
Can you BLUF it?

zombiescometh
05-18-20, 19:11
Can you BLUF it?

Might seem a little negative overall some good information but definitely needs a listen for your own opinions

Main takeaways
AAC-sold to Remington-sig-Q
A little tortured genius vibe
0-300m 300blk is the best choice and for longer range the 556 is good but would rather have a 308
His ideas and designs are the best, though he admits he does make mistakes
Faster twist rates is definitely an interesting subject one test 3x more energy
Making a 308 blackout version
Hybrid/multi-caliber silencers are stupid/pointless
Flow through design is bs
Firearm and silencer should be same caliber
Likes dead air and mike but all they do now is copy and will copy cherry bomb within the next year
Most of the industry and competitors are jealous, copiers, and some try to take him down with anonymous posts and lies.
Things should be quality and beautiful example hk vs glock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05-19-20, 04:46
Lol, wut? That dude says some wild stuff.

pointblank4445
05-19-20, 10:07

Some of his temper tantrums on the Hide regarding his Fix rifles are legendary. As much as this industry likes to eat its own; I'm astonished that this guy is still around.

WickedWillis
05-19-20, 11:52
Some of his temper tantrums on the Hide regarding his Fix rifles are legendary. As much as this industry likes to eat its own; I'm astonished that this guy is still around.

I agree, he has had some unflattering exchanges on social media with competitors and customers.

He truly deserves the crown for being the driving force and innovator for making the 300Blk what it is today. I feel if he was not so persistent and constantly evolving the caliber might have become irrelevant.

markm
05-19-20, 17:55
Silencer and Firearm should be the same caliber eh? We shot a lot of different cans, some of which are over bore for the host. And I've never noticed any appreciable difference.

Renegade
05-19-20, 19:34
He truly deserves the crown for being the driving force and innovator for making the 300Blk what it is today. I feel if he was not so persistent and constantly evolving the caliber might have become irrelevant.

That was Robert Silvers.

BWT
05-20-20, 06:05
That was Robert Silvers.

That’s very true.

God Bless,

Brandon

VIP3R 237
05-20-20, 07:48

Did he talk about his stalking charges or how he can’t legally be around firearms anymore? :jester:

I think KB is brilliant, but extremely narcissistic. It’s also funny how he lets guys like griffin and cgs live rent free in his head

markm
05-20-20, 07:56
I feel if he was not so persistent and constantly evolving the caliber might have become irrelevant.

The propaganda and back room dealings that made 300 worthless get traction still blows my mind. I don't know HOW they did it.

scooter22
05-20-20, 08:23
The propaganda and back room dealings that made 300 worthless get traction still blows my mind. I don't know HOW they did it.

Go on...

WickedWillis
05-20-20, 11:30
That was Robert Silvers.

I would argue not since AAC dissolved. He may have been the heart and soul of the whole process there though, I'm not really sure.

Brittingham is huge on branding and building a brand, really trying to make his name synonymous with the 300blk cartridge. He did work with Sig in like 2010-ish right when they started moving towards the "Complete weapon system" manufacturer they are today. If I remember correctly he had a hand in making the MCX to be a better suppressed system moving on from the 556xi, as well as helping Sig to make good suppressors.

Not taking anything away at all whatsoever from Robert Silvers, but from what I see, read and hear, KB has been the force keeping the train going.

Renegade
05-20-20, 11:40
I would argue not since AAC dissolved. He may have been the heart and soul of the whole process there though, I'm not really sure.

Brittingham is huge on branding and building a brand, really trying to make his name synonymous with the 300blk cartridge. He did work with Sig in like 2010-ish right when they started moving towards the "Complete weapon system" manufacturer they are today. If I remember correctly he had a hand in making the MCX to be a better suppressed system moving on from the 556xi, as well as helping Sig to make good suppressors.

Not taking anything away at all whatsoever from Robert Silvers, but from what I see, read and hear, KB has been the force keeping the train going.

Silvers did all the technical work and got it SAAMI approved with of course help from Remington. Both certainly promoted it. The most popular 300 BLK website is run by Silvers to this day.

Britt did not work for Sig in 2010, in fact he was with AAC until fired 12/2011, he dropped off the map for a while as he fought his lawsuit and waited out his non-compete. He joined sig in 2014. By then 300 was firmly established.

WickedWillis
05-20-20, 12:18
Silvers did all the technical work and got it SAAMI approved with of course help from Remington. Both certainly promoted it. The most popular 300 BLK website is run by Silvers to this day.

Britt did not work for Sig in 2010, in fact he was with AAC until fired 12/2011, he dropped off the map for a while as he fought his lawsuit and waited out his non-compete. He joined sig in 2014. By then 300 was firmly established.

Fair enough. I'm almost positive I saw an interview with KB in which he said he got the SAAMI approved, so if he is openly lying about that there is another knock on his character.

I was not sure on his date at Sig 100%, which is why I said 2010-ish. I knew it was earlier in the decade.

Thanks for the clarifications

Renegade
05-20-20, 12:23
Fair enough. I'm almost positive I saw an interview with KB in which he said he got the SAAMI approved, so if he is openly lying about that there is another knock on his character.

Well as President of AAC, of course he takes blame/credit for many things. That is normal. But I would be shocked if anything around 300BLK was the work of a single person. And I would agree that right now, he is working toward success of 300BLK, more than anyone else. Q making HBs has certainly revived interest in 300BLK.

WickedWillis
05-20-20, 12:36
Well as President of AAC, of course he takes blame/credit for many things. That is normal. But I would be shocked if anything around 300BLK was the work of a single person. And I would agree that right now, he is working toward success of 300BLK, more than anyone else. Q making HBs has certainly revived interest in 300BLK.

Yeah the HB lead a lot of people (including myself) to the cartridge that didn't know about it prior.

AKDoug
05-20-20, 19:57

But they basically took the idea from J.D. Jones' .300 Whisper.. https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/11/5/shades-of-gray-300-whisper-300-aac-blackout/

Coal Dragger
05-20-20, 20:25
Yep, strait up ripped off JD Jones.

chadbag
05-22-20, 10:32
Yep, strait up ripped off JD Jones.

Yes and no. They took the 300 Whisper and improved the chambering so it could be used at a lot higher pressure than the 300 Whisper could. The difference is not the brass dimensions but the changes to the chambering. You can fire 300 Whisper in a 300 Blk gun but not vice versa.

Xhado
05-22-20, 12:30
Did he talk about his stalking charges or how he can’t legally be around firearms anymore? :jester:

I think KB is brilliant, but extremely narcissistic. It’s also funny how he lets guys like griffin and cgs live rent free in his head

He does talk about his arrest and the issues with his wife.

Nothing about can't owning firearms (source?).

He also shit talks Josh Parker and CGS saying they've been around longer than Q and nobody owns their cans.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-22-20, 15:23

He also shit talks Josh Parker and CGS saying they've been around longer than Q and nobody owns their cans.

In many jurisdictions, you cannot be in possession of firearms while someone has a restraining/protective order against you.

VIP3R 237
05-22-20, 15:50
In many jurisdictions, you cannot be in possession of firearms while someone has a restraining/protective order against you.

You are federally prohibited if you have an active protective order against you due to harassment, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner (18 U.S.C. 922) he violated a protective order in 2019.

He was also arrested Feb 7th 2020 for witness tampering charges.

Xhado
05-22-20, 16:16
Are the restraining/protective orders still active?

He did make a comment about suing the city and buying a new pool with his winnings. Then followed up with something along the lines of "I'll speed another couple of nights in jail for another pool".

05-22-20, 16:20
redacted because I don’t know the whole story

MegademiC
05-23-20, 08:07
Are the restraining/protective orders still active?

He did make a comment about suing the city and buying a new pool with his winnings. Then followed up with something along the lines of "I'll speed another couple of nights in jail for another pool".

Sounded like a wrongful arrest.

TMS951
05-23-20, 10:37
While Kevin B is a narcissistic douche bag, he in fact has a lot of accomplishment in the industry. Many of his silencers over the years were the best of their time. I’m certainly interested in his perspective on things.

On the other hand I only made it 30 minutes into the pod cast because I found Colon Nior to a shit terrible interviewer with a level of narcissism on par with Kevin B, difference being he has none of the accomplishments of Kevin B. I eventually had to stop listening because of Colon constantly cutting in with dumb anacdote about him self and what he knows. He should do the thing a good interviewer does. Ask good questions and listen, then ask poinient intelligent follow up questions. But he doesn’t, and he just can’t wait to talk about himself again.

I’ve only ever known of Colon Noir from his fluffed up, always posative and lacking substance you tube reviews. Which I don’t enjoy or find educational. Now I know his interviews suck even more.

Business_Casual
05-23-20, 19:57
What are Colion’s bona fides?

TMS951
05-23-20, 20:26
What are Colion’s bona fides?

He’s a lawyer and civil rights/gun activist.

He was picked up by the NRA in 2013 and is thier "most prominent black commentator," per Wikipedia.

He likes guns. He does YouTube reviews where your product is guaranteed an awesome review.

soulezoo
05-23-20, 23:01
I believe that Colion is no longer associated with the NRA. I read something to that effect recently. I don't know the truth of it or why.

Xhado
05-23-20, 23:05
I believe that Colion is no longer associated with the NRA. I read something to that effect recently. I don't know the truth of it or why.

I believe so.

NRA shut down most of their content creators when they broke ties with Ackerman McQueen and sued them.

MegademiC
05-24-20, 11:27
While Kevin B is a narcissistic douche bag, he in fact has a lot of accomplishment in the industry. Many of his silencers over the years were the best of their time. I’m certainly interested in his perspective on things.

On the other hand I only made it 30 minutes into the pod cast because I found Colon Nior to a shit terrible interviewer with a level of narcissism on par with Kevin B, difference being he has none of the accomplishments of Kevin B. I eventually had to stop listening because of Colon constantly cutting in with dumb anacdote about him self and what he knows. He should do the thing a good interviewer does. Ask good questions and listen, then ask poinient intelligent follow up questions. But he doesn’t, and he just can’t wait to talk about himself again.

I’ve only ever known of Colon Noir from his fluffed up, always posative and lacking substance you tube reviews. Which I don’t enjoy or find educational. Now I know his interviews suck even more.

Ive seen that with a lot of Podcasts lately. Freeraange american with Garand Thumb was the worst, and Glenn becks interview with Mat Best... both hosts kept interrupting and talking way too much about themselves.

t1tan
05-24-20, 13:01

Most likely people talking out their ass like usual.