PDA

View Full Version : Active shooter Az

C-grunt
05-20-20, 22:37
we just had an active shooter here in Glendale. Guy filmed his shooting on SnapChat.

News is reporting 2 shot currently and him in custody.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/at-least-2-shot-1-person-in-custody-after-shooting-at-westgate/article_00ba5d66-9b0e-11ea-b21a-8be1eae76b1f.html

turnburglar
05-21-20, 01:46
we just had an active shooter here in Glendale.

... and thats why I live on the eastside.

Ron3
05-21-20, 08:42
That stinks.

It's just a "shooting", btw, not "active".

Kinda like saying, "I'm having lunch yesterday."

Anyway I'm curious what the rest of the details were.

Voodoochild
05-21-20, 10:38
There was a shooting at Corpus Christi base as well. Guess the craziness is getting to people.

markm
05-21-20, 12:25
So what happened? I've pretty much quit watching any news since I've come to the conclusion there is absolutely ZERO credibility to these script reading imbeciles.

titsonritz
05-21-20, 13:58
I use to live just down the road from there back when I was going to school.

C-grunt
05-21-20, 18:35
That stinks.

It's just a "shooting", btw, not "active".

Kinda like saying, "I'm having lunch yesterday."

Anyway I'm curious what the rest of the details were.

An active shooter is a law enforcement term for someone who is actively seeking out multiple people to shoot for whatever reason. So yes it was an active shooter.

C-grunt
05-21-20, 18:37
So what happened? I've pretty much quit watching any news since I've come to the conclusion there is absolutely ZERO credibility to these script reading imbeciles.

Guy was bullied so he got drunk and decided to shoot up Westgate to "get back at society" and to "gain respect". Filmed it on Snapchat. Shot 3 people and was then arrested. I think he ran out of ammo and just gave up.

WickedWillis
05-21-20, 19:08
Guy was bullied so he got drunk and decided to shoot up Westgate to "get back at society" and to "gain respect". Filmed it on Snapchat. Shot 3 people and was then arrested. I think he ran out of ammo and just gave up.

I shouldn't have watched the snapchat video.

Slater
05-21-20, 19:11
Apparently he was also celibate and girls didn't like him.

Ron3
05-21-20, 20:06
An active shooter is a law enforcement term for someone who is actively seeking out multiple people to shoot for whatever reason. So yes it was an active shooter.

Its a present-tense phrase though. Not a past-tense phrase.

"Active" shooter means "someone IS shooting now." If they aren't, NOW, you HAD a shooting, there WAS a shooting, people WERE shot.

Almost as bad is "At this point in time...". Just say "now" or "right now".

Or "Gentleman" being used when its obvious a person is committing a horrible crime.

"At this point in time the gentleman can be seen active shooting at the other shoppers 6 hours ago." 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Sorry, but Police jargon, especially when repeated / paraphrased by naive / ignorant media often sounds stupid and is grammatically incorrect.

The_War_Wagon
05-21-20, 20:21
Its a present-tense phrase though. Not a past-tense phrase.

"Active" shooter means "someone IS shooting now." If they aren't, NOW, you HAD a shooting, there WAS a shooting, people WERE shot.

Almost as bad is "At this point in time...". Just say "now" or "right now".

Or "Gentleman" being used when its obvious a person is committing a horrible crime.

"At this point in time the gentleman can be seen active shooting at the other shoppers 6 hours ago." ����������

Sorry, but Police jargon, especially when repeated / paraphrased by naive / ignorant media often sounds stupid and is grammatically incorrect.

http://youtu.be/5drjr9PmTMA :rolleyes:

Vandal
05-21-20, 20:26

This tracks with most mass shooters and the wanna-be's.

Ron3
05-22-20, 15:34
http://youtu.be/5drjr9PmTMA :rolleyes:

Yea, that's what I'm sayin'...😄😄

Ron3
05-22-20, 15:35
This tracks with most mass shooters and the wanna-be's.

It's a common theme for sure. Even the two Columbine killers wrote about this.

jbjh
05-22-20, 17:07

The term used for this is “incels”. Short for Involuntarily Celibate.

Sent from 80ms in the future