PDA

View Full Version : SOPMOD Stock and a Colt 6920?

JSandi
11-25-08, 03:46
Will the SOPMOD Stock slide onto a Colt M4 Mil Spec Tube w/o any needed tinkering or added dooflotchies, or is there anything I need to buy to make it work?
:confused:

JSandi
11-25-08, 03:48
http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=181&cid=3&session=19a1bd5358a01ff08842a7bb98e3b114

Iraqgunz
11-25-08, 05:13
If your 6920 has a Milspec lower receiver extension, which I believe that it does then you are good to go. Simply pull the locking latch all the way down(out) and remove the stock. Place the SOPMOD stock on the lower pull the locking latch all the way down(out) and slide it down.

Will the SOPMOD Stock slide onto a Colt M4 Mil Spec Tube w/o any needed tinkering or added dooflotchies, or is there anything I need to buy to make it work?

Dave L.
11-25-08, 05:28
Yes, Both companies use the Mil-Spec (TDP) size RE Tubes. It should slip right on with no problems.

JSandi
11-25-08, 16:27
Thanks!

Will be ordering ASAP!
:D

RogerinTPA
11-25-08, 20:13
Yes. That's exactly what I did with my 6920. Slipped the Colt stock off and the FDE SOPMOD stock on.

NickB
11-25-08, 20:40
Thanks!

Will be ordering ASAP!
:D

Do it. I love the SOPMOD.

nickdrak
11-25-08, 21:23
The only thing I would add, is to make sure you are getting the newer version of the SOPMOD stock which has the integral QD sling swivel attachment point. Im not sure if any dealers have them in-stock yet, but they can also be ordered directly from LMT in black.

cathellsk
11-25-08, 22:43
The only thing I would add, is to make sure you are getting the newer version of the SOPMOD stock which has the integral QD sling swivel attachment point. Im not sure if any dealers have them in-stock yet, but they can also be ordered directly from LMT in black.

Thats the version I waited on. got it this past Friday after ordering it on Halloween. No one online had them but LMT themselves, prices were all the same so I just went with them.

Darkop
11-25-08, 23:35

Remember, if you just install the stock and not the receiver extension, you won't have the numbered position indicators visible through the sight window. Not a big deal but nice if you need quick position indication.

Until that day,
Darkop