PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rocsteady
05-30-20, 16:46
Working in the Bureau's Phila office operations center tonight and seeing multiple police cars burning, protesters hopping all over the PPD's armored vehicles, three (so far) officers suffered chemical burns to the eyes as protesters have chemicals in water guns, trying to burn the Rizzo statue, tore into a TD bank, siege at the municipal services building??, all around city hall, smaller group just left liberty bell area. No real response from police that we've observed other than some non-lethal such as OC from officers in the armored car. Oddly enough, heard PPD put out a description of a guy who was open carrying an AR15, had a permit and they left him alone.
Bureau restricting any employees coming in that are not part of incident response so it looks like I'm in for a long night...

ABNAK
05-30-20, 17:23
There was a protest in Nashville today but it was reportedly peaceful. Good on those involved for keeping it that way.

kwelz
05-30-20, 17:30
Getting pretty ugly in Louisville, KY. We had a really bad police involved shooting a couple weeks before all this started so it was already pretty tense here.

BoringGuy45
05-30-20, 17:32
I know a number of Philly cops, including a friend I used to work with as a CO. Sending prayers!

TomMcC
05-30-20, 17:35
35 miles south of downtown LA. All quiet, looks like a normal quiet Saturday with people shopping and going about their biz. LA on the other hand might blow up any minute like it has in the past.

rocsteady
05-30-20, 17:48
Now it's turned to City Hall and widespread vandalism and looting, Apple Store, a Starbucks and a TD bank among the early victims. Only gets worse as the sun sets has been my experience.

ap1220
05-30-20, 18:39
Pretty sporty in Fayetteville, NC now. Smashing windows downtown, and a few stores shut down around 1230est before the protest started.

Det-Sog
05-30-20, 18:41
You guys stay frosty. I have a feeling that last night everywhere was just the warm-up.

TomMcC
05-30-20, 18:53
You guys stay frosty. I have a feeling that last night everywhere was just the warm-up.

I'm loading mags right now...I kid, they were already loaded.:rolleyes:

Grand58742
05-30-20, 19:09
I'm checking out Twitter and it seems like every five minutes a new city is trending because of violence.

Salt Lake City? For real? You know shit just got real when SLC is having riots.

ap1220
05-30-20, 19:12
Just had a historic building set on fire...and a guy running out of said burning building....on fire.

kwelz
05-30-20, 19:16
My actual Town (Jeffersonville, IN) had a protest just now. Completely peaceful cops and protesters chatting, etc. They blocked traffic for a while and then moved when police asked them too.

ABNAK
05-30-20, 19:20
My actual Town (Jeffersonville, IN) had a protest just now. Completely peaceful cops and protesters chatting, etc. They blocked traffic for a while and then moved when police asked them too.

Just don't block an interstate please.

Circle_10
05-30-20, 19:25
Maine had a couple of protests so far, but they were peaceful.

kwelz
05-30-20, 19:40
Just don't block an interstate please.

Nah they were downtown.

flenna
05-30-20, 19:44
I mentioned it in another thread but last night I slept with the windows open so I could listen to the whip-poor-wills, crickets and frogs croaking down by the creek. I did run into town today and it looked like a regular busy Saturday, though no sign of protesters.

rocsteady
05-30-20, 19:54
I always want them to get people the hell out of the roads; authorize teargas and such. I got caught up in one in NYC a few years back, in a buddy's car and hundreds of derelicts converged on the area; walking on top of cars and such. Was very glad I didn't have loved ones with me as you can only carry so many rounds...Pretty crappy situation.

MGWS
05-30-20, 20:01
In Seattle, 2 cop cars set on fire. National Guard activated (no firearms) and a 5pm curfew. Looks like it got spicy for everyone involved with a few ways out of the city shutdown between protesters blocking the highway and public transport centers not offering service.

BoringGuy45
05-30-20, 20:15
In Seattle, 2 cop cars set on fire. National Guard activated (no firearms) and a 5pm curfew. Looks like it got spicy for everyone involved with a few ways out of the city shutdown between protesters blocking the highway and public transport centers not offering service.

I can't believe they're rioting in Seattle. :rolleyes:

MountainRaven
05-30-20, 20:17
All quiet on the (South) Western (Montana) front.

Grand58742
05-30-20, 20:19

I would assume they have some form of LTL devices on hand already?

Uni-Vibe
05-30-20, 20:32
Houston: Thousands demonstrated downtown yesterday, 200 arrests, tear gas, police injured, freeways blocked, police cars smashed, cell phone stores looted. Today all entrances to downtown are said to be closed (doubt it, downtown is BIG) and there are more demonstrations. Nobody is dead yet.

Grand58742
05-30-20, 20:38
This is what happens when you lock down a country and spread fear. People have pent up aggression, they are angry, they are tired of being told what to do and all it takes is a spark to set them off.

That a-hole in Minnesota just provided a flame thrower.

Grand58742
05-30-20, 20:50
MSNBC has some great reporting lol

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/05/29/msnbc-anchor-says-minneapolis-riot-is-mostly-just-a-protestas-a-building-burns-behind-him-n2569653

MSNBC reporter in Minneapolis: “I want to be clear on how I characterize this. This is mostly a protest. It is not generally speaking unruly."

Buildings on fire, no big deal.

Evel Baldgui
05-30-20, 21:30
In Miami a 10pm curfew was just instituted, Interstate 95 was closed off by police due to 'protestors' from downtown wandering unto the highway. I'd venture a guess come Monday things will be back to normal. Maybe.

Arik
05-30-20, 21:40
It's mostly in the center city area. I heard even Rittenhouse, which is old money!

I'm out in the central part of the northern suburbs. I think I heard two squirrels fighting an hour ago

rocsteady
05-30-20, 21:59
Salt Lake city police department overrun, officers presumed down. Philadelphia under 2000-0600 curfew (8pm-6am). Not helping much but, police are making a ton of arrests, buses in loops picking up and transporting to precincts for processing.

titsonritz
05-30-20, 22:36
A local security guard taking care of business...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U34vjUHaJQ&feature=emb_title

https://mynorthwest.com/1902233/watch-security-guard-bravely-disarms-rioters-of-ar-15-in-seattle-protest/?fbclid=IwAR1bqMWvbxiADpbRybrHSMXT0KBMFrY4h2-i0ZzMKnLlMYETYdgy8GAP9Io

Budget
05-30-20, 22:36
Detroit is meh. Not as bad as it could be. The chief is publishing stats on where arrestees are from and of 60+ arrests less than 20 are from the city. One shot and killed yesterday in a drive by during the protests. One arrested for attempting to run over a PO who was on a bicycle.

Aldo seems peaceful protests I Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor. They're upset for Minneapolis and a local dep punched some lady who was biting his arm and wouldn't let go.

Lansing is having demonstrations daily.

Lots of surrounding agencies are getting ready to help put as needed.

JediGuy
05-30-20, 23:16
NWIndiana (essentially a Chicago suburb now) had some protestors attack an officer blockading the route to Interstate 80. Protestors got hit with teargas. News article and photographs only show poor protestors who got hit with tear gas.

ABNAK
05-30-20, 23:19
NWIndiana (essentially a Chicago suburb now) had some protestors attack an officer blockading the route to Interstate 80. Protestors got hit with teargas. News article and photographs only show poor protestors who got hit with tear gas.

But if they had gone onto the interstate they might have gotten hit by a car or three. That would be soooo sad.

Yes, I'm daring to suggest that blocking an interstate freeway is NOT a peaceful protest.

JediGuy
05-30-20, 23:34
It’s an interesting dynamic. St. Paul and Chicago reporting a lot non-locals involved. But, I can look through the local news article and recognize the wife and kids of a former coworker, the son of one of my former professors at Christian college. Some of it is legitimate and well-intentioned.

223to45
05-30-20, 23:52
Seattle under a 5pm-5am curfew.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ST911
05-31-20, 00:17
This thread is "what's happening in your AOR." Take the side topics on no-knocks, your standing gripes with LE, and related to some other thread. This is the only warning for this thread, and the only warning for the offending members. Off topic content has been deleted.

jbjh
05-31-20, 00:48
LA Country now under state of emergency. Citywide curfew 8p-530a. National Guard en route. Midnight ETA.

March started around noon, and went to shit soon after. Mid-town Los Angeles is looting and burning. Basically cars going up and down side streets, diving into the main thoroughfare, then smash and grab.

Police just announced that if you’re on the street, you’ll be arrested. They’re clearing the area walking a skirmish line backed by patrol cars, and turning traffic away from the area (there’s a ton of people just cruising thru the chaos, checking it out).

That said, it’s fairly localized to a couple of hot spots. Not as widespread as 92.

Sent from 80ms in the future

05-31-20, 04:42
Just had a historic building set on fire...and a guy running out of said burning building....on fire.
I’m not surprised that shit would kick off in Fayetteville.

Some rioting has occurred in Charleston and Columbia, with attacks on police or police vehicles. I don’t see anymore days off in my near future.

Edit: just yesterday morning we were talking about this, and were optimistic that the Charleston area would be mostly free of this stuff. Then the sun went down.

The_War_Wagon
05-31-20, 06:36
ONLY 44 arrested in Pittsburgh - 4 cops hospitalized (more injured).

LIVE UPDATES: 44 people arrested during looting, rioting following peaceful protest (https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/allegheny-county/live-updates-gov-wolf-signs-disaster-emergency-declaration-assist-pittsburgh-other-pa-cities-after-protests/VIUHYBVPJJHW3B6R2XFOZVTDOY/) :rolleyes:

I love how our mayor, Three Dollar Bill (Peduto), like his effete Minneapolis counterpart, IMMEDIATELY blames "outside agitators."

Libtard Official's Playbook, Rule #1 - "Blame somebody ELSE!"

Novak
05-31-20, 07:29
The usual suspects, aided by Antifa-types, rioted in Erie, PA last night. I don't know where you draw the line. Deep down, I think both those groups know that they can't get away with this outside their own neighborhoods. If they don't, they'll find out in a hurry if they try.

sva01
05-31-20, 08:12
Grand Rapids, MI thousands came out to peacefully protest which later turned into smashed windows, looted businesses, and cop cars set on fire. Watching the news this AM I have not seen much about arrests last night and it looked like a light police presence.
African American City Manager made a statement this morning that he will not expect a similar result if there are more protests as he plans to flex the muscle of local law enforcement going forward.

ABNAK
05-31-20, 08:43
There was a protest in Nashville today but it was reportedly peaceful. Good on those involved for keeping it that way.

Well I spoke too soon I guess. Nashville got violent last night like a bunch of other places.

Grand58742
05-31-20, 09:10
I think a good majority of the protests started off with peaceful enough intents yesterday. The one in Denver I thought was very well planned to be non-violent. However, extremist agitators are the ones that are leading the way of turning peaceful into violent. It's going to take a unified effort of both the police and the protest leaders to identify these people and remove them from the equation. Which seems far less likely at this moment in time as the police have had to use overwhelming force to stop the rioting and looters.

Social media isn't helping as there is a lot of misinformation out there. Some very likely planned to inflame the situation.

What has struck me as odd is some of the cities that have been involved. Salt Lake City, Fargo, Milwaukee, Rochester and Jacksonville aren't exactly known hotspots for such violent activity.

sandsunsurf
05-31-20, 09:14
Reno, NV got ugly last night starting around 7:30pm local time after a peaceful protest during the day. Police station vandalized, City Hall got broken into, Patagonia store looted. News reporting (we have reasonably fair reporters here) that the rioters and looters didn’t seem to be locals, shortly after that a vehicle with CA plates cruises through the shot of flames and the courthouse being guarded by deputies. ANTIFA admittedly from CA also came to instigate more looting and property destruction.

ETA: Grand, add Reno to your list. Citizens, police and media here have had pretty darn good relations for decades.

Rifleman_04
05-31-20, 09:27
What has struck me as odd is some of the cities that have been involved. Salt Lake City, Fargo, Milwaukee, Rochester and Jacksonville aren't exactly known hotspots for such violent activity.

In Fargo we have *very little* race tension and a very professional police force so it was a surprise to us all until reports came in that buses from out of state were found at different staging areas dropping off what we assume now are paid instigators.

Grand58742
05-31-20, 09:32
Reno, NV got ugly last night starting around 7:30pm local time after a peaceful protest during the day. Police station vandalized, City Hall got broken into, Patagonia store looted. News reporting (we have reasonably fair reporters here) that the rioters and looters didn’t seem to be locals, shortly after that a vehicle with CA plates cruises through the shot of flames and the courthouse being guarded by deputies. ANTIFA admittedly from CA also came to instigate more looting and property destruction.

ETA: Grand, add Reno to your list. Citizens, police and media here have had pretty darn good relations for decades.

Honestly, it was just a smattering of the cities you wouldn't expect on a "violent, looting" list. You could add Nashville to that list as well since it's never been a place that's seen widespread civil disorder. I mean, probably not since the Civil Rights movement.

In Fargo we have *very little* race tension and a very professional police force so it was a surprise to us all until reports came in that buses from out of state were found at different staging areas dropping off what we assume now are paid instigators.

I have this feeling that's happening in a lot of places.

TommyG
05-31-20, 09:46
Harrisburg was sporty for a bit. We are far removed and were watching just to see how widespread it would get. Reason # I've Lost Count why we love living in the boonies.

Daylong clash between Harrisburg police, George Floyd protesters ends at night in tense but quiet standoff.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/daylong-clash-between-harrisburg-police-george-floyd-protesters-ends-at-night-in-tense-but-quiet-standoff.html

Grand58742
05-31-20, 09:57

Along those same lines:

https://twitter.com/realBenjiirby/status/1267069329427828737

ABNAK
05-31-20, 10:12
Okay, if the national intelligence apparatus can spy on domestic political opponents surely they can use some sigint and track down those planning and sponsoring these importations of terrorists. Soros, whoever is paying and then the planners and logistics guys. THEN bust their fvcking heads in the streets. That's right, smash this operation from top to bottom. I'll be quite fine with police brutality if it's directed against these organized shitheads, and I mean severe bodily harm, even death. I'm finally sick of hearing about this. END IT NOW with an iron fist. These professional agitators have no rights as far as I'm concerned.

05-31-20, 10:16
Protestors are being bussed into Summerville SC to have a protest at the WalMart. Its in a major shopping area with lots of businesses, such as Target.

Det-Sog
05-31-20, 10:31
I'm former law enforcement and about as pro LEO (local state AND federal) as one can get. WTF is this though? Seriously. Am I missing something? More to the story??? Is the video a FAKE??? WTF!

https://youtu.be/z7Fuwk3N2ek

ABNAK
05-31-20, 10:35
Dude it's Bizarro World. Unfreakingbelieveable.

Like someone in another thread said "Yeah, go into the suburbs and flex on people while the rest of your city burns and you don't do jack shit about it".

flenna
05-31-20, 10:37
I'm former law enforcement and about as pro LEO (local state AND federal) as one can get. WTF is this though? Seriously. I NEVER would have followed an order like this... Am I missing something? More to the story???

Unbelievable. The inner cities are burning with rampant, unhindered crime but the police are in the suburbs harassing and shooting pepper balls at peaceful citizens??? LE is going to turn their biggest supporters against them.

But don’t worry guys, these are the same officers who will stand in solidarity with us and refuse to follow orders when told to go house to house confiscating guns from law abiding citizens.

rushca01
05-31-20, 10:44
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!

tn1911
05-31-20, 10:54
Unbelievable... LE is going to turn their biggest supporters against them.

Going to?

I'm afraid we're long past that point.

The circle I run with these days is largely made up of middle aged white men who voted for Trump and overtime the conversation of police and policing in this country comes up, even long before this current dumpster fire. The comments were universal and always the same. Quietly they don't trust the police anymore.

I spend time as a patrol officer in the 2000's in Georgia and I find myself unable to defend what's happening today. Not just the current riots but any of it. From the long history of riots caused by excessive police actions all the way to the crazy lockdown enforcements.

Its all nuts... glad I'm no longer in uniform.

MegademiC
05-31-20, 10:55
NW of philly is quiet.

“Protest” yesterday that ended uneventful from what I could tell.

Evel Baldgui
05-31-20, 11:01
Seriously? This appears to be a sedate middle class neighborhood, and these weekend warriors react like third world twats to what seems like a mom and kid on their porch ? Deploy the NG in the urban ghetto areas where severe rioting is happening, not patrolling soccer mom 'burbs FFS!

Det-Sog
05-31-20, 11:03
Well... I am in total disbelief. IS THIS VIDEO A FAKE??? For the life of me, I cannot fathom a rational detachment paint-balling women and children on their own front porch. Are we being played? It's a serious question.

If it's fake, we need to find out and debunk it. If it's real, then the whole world needs to see it.

ABNAK
05-31-20, 11:05
Tennessee is one of the states that has called out the NG.

Diamondback
05-31-20, 11:13

There've been rumblings about a centrally organized, well-lawyered-and-financed core cadre of professional domestic-terrorist agitators traveling the country looking for sparks to fan into flames since before the 1990s Seattle WTO riot. If we rounded up all the photo and video of the outbreaks of violence and fed it into facial recognition systems, I wonder if we'd find a few "common denominators"...

tn1911
05-31-20, 11:15
Apparently it's real...

Its on the local news WCCO. When the Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Corrections was showed the video he said, "We do not want there to be collateral harm, we know that can happen and it's regrettable" He advised that when you know cops are in the area to hide indoors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zeauprMJ0&feature=youtu.be

Uni-Vibe
05-31-20, 11:23
They were violating curfew by sitting on their front porch. Somehow the police got wind of it, sent in a militarized force, shot the porch-sitters with paintballs.

tn1911
05-31-20, 11:23
and apparently you can be outside on your own property after curfew...

Grand58742
05-31-20, 11:46
Well...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267129644228247552

The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.

utahjeepr
05-31-20, 11:57
That is unbelievable. I have absolutely no desire to fight national guard troops, but WTF. I'd have to see in person, anyone know how much does that actually resemble live fire?

If I thought my neighbors were being fired upon, I don't know...
This is very, very dangerous behavior. Heads should roll over this. Dead careers and prison time for the brass.

Jellybean
05-31-20, 12:07
Like someone in another thread said "Yeah, go into the suburbs and flex on people while the rest of your city burns and you don't do jack shit about it".

Seriously, though, I'd guess that's the long and short of it. They can't arrest or stop the people that need to because politics, and they're just taking it out on the next group of people. I mean, if you're told to enforce a curfew, but people that are breaking it can't be touched, well, you find somewhere else to march around with all your high-speed gear for a few hours so you can come back to the dept. after shift all nice and sweaty and tell your supervisor/mayor/etc "yessir, we went out and enforced the curfew just like you asked."
Kinda like playing video games all day inside, then going outside and running through the lawn sprinklers a couple times so when mom gets back it looks like you spent all day outside instead... :laugh:

But don’t worry guys, these are the same officers who will stand in solidarity with us and refuse to follow orders when told to go house to house confiscating guns from law abiding citizens.

Well, not to be to much of a dick, but if you watch this or most other "large scale police action/raid" videos, all it's going to take is one person down the street with decent marksmanship to put and end to that sort of nonsense real quick...
Then shit will get serious after that, but still...

TomMcC
05-31-20, 12:29
I don't know what to make of that. I hope it's fake, and those aren't really the police. But then if it isn't the police, who the heck is it and what's their deal, what's their end game. To cause us to hate the police? Are they going to use different ordnance next time? Whoever it was, they had what looks like a NG Humvee.

yoni
05-31-20, 12:33
But let us remember this happened before under Lincoln in 1863.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwLxOK7xLc&list=PL2B62DE2A912216CE&index=11

Obviously a movie, but the events did happen.

Averageman
05-31-20, 12:44
I'm former law enforcement and about as pro LEO (local state AND federal) as one can get. WTF is this though? Seriously. Am I missing something? More to the story??? Is the video a FAKE??? WTF!

I'm sorry, I am failing to see the "Protect and Serve" here.
I've been pretty pro Law Enforcement my whole life, but we are slipping. This kind of misdirected anger and enforcement of BS notevenalaw dictates from on high only means I will never stick my neck out.
I'm sorry as I have said before, I want very little if any interaction with Law Enforcement, I mean not even to "Thank You for you Service." I'm sorry, just never again.

223to45
05-31-20, 12:53
, all it's going to take is one person down the street with decent marksmanship to put and end to that sort of nonsense real quick...
Then shit will get serious after that, but still...

I would pay to see that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ABNAK
05-31-20, 13:01
Looking closely at that clip while there are NG guys trotting along down the street it was a COP who shot the paintball, not a NG member.

If I was a senior NCO or officer with that unit I'd let those cops know that was some bullshit and if it happened again they'd be on their own, consequences be damned.

mrbieler
05-31-20, 13:01
A callous indifferent officer sparks a protest. Angry and feral anarchists take over a protest and create a riot. The riot creates angry and frustrated cops who take it out on the innocent. And the wheel just keeps spinning.

OH58D
05-31-20, 13:07
I posted this in the Minneapolis thread:

The question should be: When does the mission of law enforcement supersede the rights of lawful citizens on their own property - in this case on the front porch of their house?

I don't live in an urban or suburban residential environment so I don't have to deal with this sort of thing, but I wouldn't be inclined to listen to anyone barking orders at me from a public street while I'm enjoying the comfort and safety of my private property. Especially when I am lawful in my actions.

What's the old saying: "When you're the hammer, everyone else looks like a nail".

Nightvisionary
05-31-20, 13:12
Don't forget this:

https://jimbovard.com/blog/2013/04/22/boston-death-sentence-for-looking-out-window/

https://jimbovard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/watertown-gun-aimed-at-photogrphaer-923495_10200611106256641_1972215990_n-800x706.jpg

tn1911
05-31-20, 13:17
I posted this in the Minneapolis thread:

The question should be: When does the mission of law enforcement supersede the rights of lawful citizens on their own property - in this case on the front porch of their house?

I don't live in an urban or suburban residential environment so I don't have to deal with this sort of thing, but I wouldn't be inclined to listen to anyone barking orders at me from a public street while I'm enjoying the comfort and safety of my private property. Especially when I am lawful in my actions.

What's the old saying: "When you're the hammer, everyone else looks like a nail".

I would say the only time the mission of law enforcement would supersede the rights of lawful citizens on their own property would be when a valid warrant was being lawfully executed. Beyond that nothing...

sva01
05-31-20, 16:11
Update for Grand Rapids:
Dozens of citizens were out at daybreak this morning cleaning up glass and helping shop owners board up storefronts and clean.
Mayor has declared emergency and by doing so is able to access National Guard if desired, 7 arrests last night, Antifa flags spotted in the crowd, rampant speculation that there were many people brought in for the event last night from other communities. Curfew is on for the next 48 hours from 7pm to 5am. City Manager again made it clear that they will not accept any similar outcomes. His words are that "tonight is not the night to try us."

Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

Slater
05-31-20, 16:23
From watching this whole shitshow, it's evident to me that current riot control procedures are largely ineffective.

Diamondback
05-31-20, 16:44
From watching this whole shitshow, it's evident to me that current riot control procedures are largely ineffective.

It occurs to me that riot doctrine needs immediate amendment to go full Red Sash on Molotovs: "you see a incendiary you shoot the man holding it," with apologies to Marshal Earp.

ubet
05-31-20, 16:49
All quiet on the (South) Western (Montana) front.

They protested in Billings yesterday. Hopefully if they try it again it stays peaceful. Missoula will be the first to erupt though probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediGuy
05-31-20, 17:02
Tuned in to the scanner this afternoon. Sounds like we had Illinois plated vehicles rolling in loaded with young males wearing masks. Attempted looting on the Indiana side (nearest mall area is a solid 20-30 min highway from the border. Full scale riot/looting just over on the Illinois side in the Calumet City mall area. Apparently a shooting, as well. Hammond, the largest city in the closest couple counties, has closed all entrance from the west. Understand, the Hammond mayor is himself from something of a thug family, and he is running for the national Congress as a democrat after years as mayor after his dad’s tenure as mayor ended.

Aries144
05-31-20, 17:03
I'm checking out Twitter and it seems like every five minutes a new city is trending because of violence.

Salt Lake City? For real? You know shit just got real when SLC is having riots.

A ton of californians have moved into Salt Lake in the past 20 years. Leftwing extremism came with them.

Get on top of your local schools and make sure you know what kids in your area are being taught. There's a major push on from radicals in universities to encourage radical teaching in grade schools in rural areas.

pag23
05-31-20, 19:35
It is quiet where I am, about an hour from Philly, those I know in LE are on edge, most of it due to the increase of pop up agitators in the city and some spreading into the burbs...

Uni-Vibe
05-31-20, 19:37
George Floyd funeral will be in Houston. Hope that goes well.

05-31-20, 21:11
Some cats we rolled up here have confirmed that they are being paid. Many are bussed in. They’ve also been promised bail money.

Arik
05-31-20, 22:18
Those in Bucks Co. Supposedly a planned protect I Warminster on Tue

Diamondback
05-31-20, 22:25
Looting in Bellevue Square, one of the more high-end areas of Metro Seattle.

Times like this make me wish I could afford a ranch like OH58D's... or just somehow enough space to drop a comfortable house onto with utilities and road access on the edge of one. Somewhere with more cattle than people, plenty of trouble for hostiles to come out to and lots of advance warning when they do, and a culture of neighbors helping each other...

titsonritz
05-31-20, 22:32
Well I spoke too soon I guess. Nashville got violent last night like a bunch of other places.

Look like they nailed the turd that burned down the Historic Courthouse...
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/25-year-old-arrested-on-charges-of-setting-fire-to-nashvilles-historic-courthouse

OH58D
05-31-20, 22:44
Times like this make me wish I could afford a ranch like OH58D's... or just somehow enough space to drop a comfortable house onto with utilities and road access on the edge of one. Somewhere with more cattle than people, plenty of trouble for hostiles to come out to and lots of advance warning when they do, and a culture of neighbors helping each other...
If I cut the cable on the satellite TV and internet, you wouldn't know the world was on fire in the major cities. I can't even get an FM radio station out here. I am a news and information junkie so I bring the hell here via satellite.

25,000 acres with 900 + head of cattle, plus a ranch horse raising operation is labor intensive. I work early in the morning to late at night, but with breaks in the middle. I run a business, but the cattle actually run me. Beef prices for growers are at the bottom right now, and I am forgoing the Feedlots in Amarillo, Texas this Fall after roundup. I am contracting with local processors and will sell directly to them, but will sell fewer cattle. That means my employees will still get paid, the health insurance premiums get paid, the business insurance premiums get paid, the SEP retirement plan gets funded, but I will put a lot less into my pocket this year, and maybe next year. I only pay myself after everything else is taken care of. Years of good money then lean times. That's ranching.

rocsteady
05-31-20, 23:34
Philadelphia - Looting tailed off Saturday night after about 0200 but started right back up again at 0900 Sunday, continued through the day and still going on now at 1234 Monday morning.

Diamondback
05-31-20, 23:40
If I cut the cable on the satellite TV and internet, you wouldn't know the world was on fire in the major cities. I can't even get an FM radio station out here. I am a news and information junkie so I bring the hell here via satellite.

25,000 acres with 900 + head of cattle, plus a ranch horse raising operation is labor intensive. I work early in the morning to late at night, but with breaks in the middle. I run a business, but the cattle actually run me. Beef prices for growers are at the bottom right now, and I am forgoing the Feedlots in Amarillo, Texas this Fall after roundup. I am contracting with local processors and will sell directly to them, but will sell fewer cattle. That means my employees will still get paid, the health insurance premiums get paid, the business insurance premiums get paid, the SEP retirement plan gets funded, but I will put a lot less into my pocket this year, and maybe next year. I only pay myself after everything else is taken care of. Years of good money then lean times. That's ranching.

Hence why I say "a small plot on the edge"--I know I don't have it in me to live the cattleman/livestock rancher life day in and day out (just the sun exposure alone is a killer with how easy I burn, plus I'm too soft and used to comfortable desks), just the idea of that kind of neighborhood. :)

Bantee
05-31-20, 23:49
Des Moines Iowa turning into a mess, lots of broken glass, attempted lootings, & a 9PM-5AM curfew for Polk County...lots of tear gas being deployed.

jbjh
05-31-20, 23:50
Well, so much for hoping that Sunday would be better here in Los Angeles. It’s been a widespread melee all across town, and in most every corner.

Cars pulling up curbside, people jump out (often with tools), smash and grab. There’s so much of it that the cops can’t keep up.

TomMcC
05-31-20, 23:50
Hence why I say "a small plot on the edge"--I know I don't have it in me to live the cattleman/livestock rancher life day in and day out (just the sun exposure alone is a killer with how easy I burn, plus I'm too soft and used to comfortable desks), just the idea of that kind of neighborhood. :)

Don't you live in the Seattle area? It's not too far to Lewiston, Idaho where I was on my way until all this Wuhan business started. It's pretty inexpensive compared to where I live in SoCal.

TomMcC
05-31-20, 23:52
Well, so much for hoping that Sunday would be better here in Los Angeles. It’s been a widespread melee all across town, and in most every corner.

Cars pulling up curbside, people jump out (often with tools), smash and grab. There’s so much of it that the cops can’t keep up.

Any word if they are moving south toward OC where I live?

Uni-Vibe
06-01-20, 00:04
Very little violence and looting in Houston, compared with other places. Surprising perhaps for such a large population but it never has been a big riot town. Thousands protesting and about 400 arrested so far. Police Chief made an arrest himself.
The rest of S.E. TX seems quiet.

ubet
06-01-20, 00:33
Bussed in protestors arrived in Klamath falls Oregon, met by several hundred well armed citizens.

Montana is quit from what I’m seeing so far. Minot has some scuffles last night.

AKDoug
06-01-20, 01:05
As you'd expect, Alaska is quiet. I am quite surprised that things are cropping up in small cities like Minot. Anchorage, our largest city, is 7 times the size and 10 times the size of Klamath Falls. I'm wondering if the biggest factor is that Alaska is a shoot a looter kind of place.

AKDoug
06-01-20, 01:08
Bussed in protestors arrived in Klamath falls Oregon, met by several hundred well armed citizens.

Montana is quit from what I’m seeing so far. Minot has some scuffles last night.

Klamath Falls also had a protest from farmers about water rights on Friday. I don't see many of them siding with current protesters.

vicious_cb
06-01-20, 01:11
A M4c boolagoo commando or a UC? Who ever it is, GJ keeping an AR out of that retard's hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOXe2sl6QAE

AKDoug
06-01-20, 02:14
A M4c boolagoo commando or a UC? Who ever it is, GJ keeping an AR out of that retard's hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOXe2sl6QAE

According to reports I read he is former SF working freelance as security for one of the news crews. Nice work securing that errant firearm. Notice he had another one slung on his right shoulder that had been cleared and had no mag and how he cleared the one he recovered. He looks like he knew what he was doing.

jbjh
06-01-20, 02:20
Any word if they are moving south toward OC where I live?

Santa Ana was heavy last night. HB got a little squirrelly today. Haven’t heard much else, but I don’t follow the scanner twitter feeds from down there.

This isn’t a single group. This is widespread opportunistic lawlessness. Wherever the police are tied up with normal protesters, the looters show up on the periphery and start their smash and grab antics.

And protesters are starting to be attacked by the criminals. The worst ones are starting to take over, and when this went down in 92, it took forever to stop. These guys don’t care. They want to beat and rob. ANTIFA wishes they were this hard.

Not that ANTIFA and others aren’t a problem, but that’s not who’s driving the bus from what I’m seeing. Not now.

rocsteady
06-01-20, 02:49
SoHo being shown on the news around 0300 and every single store was cleaned out. Looters just wander about as NYPD patrols come by and then clean the places out when the cops are out of sight.

pag23
06-01-20, 07:05
Those in Bucks Co. Supposedly a planned protect I Warminster on Tue

Great, this changes my work schedule..... Wonder if the protesters will try and loot near Bunker Gun shop....that would be a mistake..

Arik
06-01-20, 07:16
Great, this changes my work schedule..... Wonder if the protesters will try and loot near Bunker Gun shop....that would be a mistake..And they're right next to the corner Verizon cell phone store!

I heard it from my sister, she lives in Warminster, I don't, but I'm only a few miles up the road. I see if she can get me the info of where she heard it

EDIT; I can't post it but it's up on the township Facebook page

teufelhund1918
06-01-20, 08:57
Heard this morning that protests are being organized in some smaller towns like Wise, Va here where I live. I think they know if they turn to looting and violence around here, it won't turn out good for them. :nono: :nono:

06-01-20, 11:06
Heard this morning that protests are being organized in some smaller towns like Wise, Va here where I live. I think they know if they turn to looting and violence around here, it won't turn out good for them. :nono: :nono:

They’re using Mosby’s strategy of making us guard a thousand points. This is an insurgency. The looting and violence, I mean.

Grand58742
06-01-20, 11:22

Apparently, there's a protest scheduled for Norman, OK today.

Guess where I'm working today...

teufelhund1918
06-01-20, 11:28
They’re using Mosby’s strategy of making us guard a thousand points. This is an insurgency. The looting and violence, I mean.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.... also Sun Tzu's strategy of the death of a thousand cuts.

TomMcC
06-01-20, 12:10
Santa Ana was heavy last night. HB got a little squirrelly today. Haven’t heard much else, but I don’t follow the scanner twitter feeds from down there.

This isn’t a single group. This is widespread opportunistic lawlessness. Wherever the police are tied up with normal protesters, the looters show up on the periphery and start their smash and grab antics.

And protesters are starting to be attacked by the criminals. The worst ones are starting to take over, and when this went down in 92, it took forever to stop. These guys don’t care. They want to beat and rob. ANTIFA wishes they were this hard.

Not that ANTIFA and others aren’t a problem, but that’s not who’s driving the bus from what I’m seeing. Not now.

Thx...looked up the news in OC this morning. Saw a bit of trouble in those two areas. Quiet now.

TomMcC
06-01-20, 12:12
According to reports I read he is former SF working freelance as security for one of the news crews. Nice work securing that errant firearm. Notice he had another one slung on his right shoulder that had been cleared and had no mag and how he cleared the one he recovered. He looks like he knew what he was doing.

When my wife saw this she said...good and I hope he picked up that magazine.

WickedWillis
06-01-20, 13:02
Spokane, WA had a protest that turned at some point to looting, and breaking windows downtown. The Mayor of Spokane believes that many of the people are not from here, and are just here to stir up trouble.

Allegedly tear gas, and rubber bullets were shot at local news channels, as well as protesters. Hard to sift through the weeds.

Nightvisionary
06-01-20, 14:22
200 person BLM march yesterday in my quiet residential neighborhood about 25 minutes Southwest of Downtown Portland. It was peaceful but a strange sight to see that many people walking down a residential side road a block from my house.

Pacific5th
06-01-20, 14:53
Spokane, WA had a protest that turned at some point to looting, and breaking windows downtown. The Mayor of Spokane believes that many of the people are not from here, and are just here to stir up trouble.

Allegedly tear gas, and rubber bullets were shot at local news channels, as well as protesters. Hard to sift through the weeds.

My neighbor got called in last night to deal with it. Haven’t talked to him since I went to work this morning. When we rolled through downtown this morning (I’m a railroader) everything was quite but all the streets were wet like they had been washed. There was police at the Amtrak depot but I think they were using it for staging. Another rail posted a video from the Amtrak depot last night and there was cops and fire all over the bus parking area.

Grand58742
06-01-20, 14:58

Okay, I have one question to ask about a lot of these "people aren't from here" comments. I'm not doubting it in the least that certain ones have been dropped off to cause trouble. But how in the blue eff are they finding these people for such widespread mayhem? There has to be some chatter about it out there somewhere.

Artos
06-01-20, 15:23

The Rio Grande Valley hasn't skipped a beat in regards to the protest & basically ssdd...wife showed me this & gotta cheap chuckle. Border life here is unaffected & feel for you guys dealing with this nonsense.

Heck, covid is settling down as well...Took the boy out for a college graduation dinner on Friday & the place was packed w/ no hint of distancing. It was awesome to be with a crowd of people who are done with this crap.

Diamondback
06-01-20, 15:29
Okay, I have one question to ask about a lot of these "people aren't from here" comments. I'm not doubting it in the least that certain ones have been dropped off to cause trouble. But how in the blue eff are they finding these people for such widespread mayhem? There has to be some chatter about it out there somewhere.

https://crowdsondemand.com/

In all seriousness, I've long suspected it's less "finding" than a certain permanent "core cadre" that travel from riot to riot, who then recruit individuals personally known to them to have the desired political and violent leanings.

HardToHandle
06-01-20, 15:37

We are getting very detailed intel from the ground in varied smaller cities where the riots are kicking off - starting “peaceful” then going to looting in record time (Examples Reno, Omaha, etc.). They are LOCALS. Occasionally the arrest record or other details point to links somewhere else, but the 90% answer is effectively LOCAL.

I am not buying into the narrative of these being wide-scale outside agitators in those locales, it is organic population. Places like Ferguson MO or the Dakota Access war in North Dakota were predominantly outside agitators supported by various funding streams. That is not the situation we are seeing now across the country, but potentially a metastatic leaderless capacity developed under Occupy, Black Lives Matter and environmental protests.

That said, the limited good data I have seen/heard from MSP and DC may indicate that organized protest groups are playing a part. Those places may have lightning rod status.

Diamondback
06-01-20, 15:41
We are getting very detailed intel from the ground in varied smaller cities where the riots are kicking off - starting “peaceful” then going to looting in record time (Examples Reno, Omaha, etc.). They are LOCALS. Occasionally the arrest record or other details point to links somewhere else, but the 90% answer is effectively LOCAL.

I am not buying into the narrative of these being wide-scale outside agitators in those locales, it is organic population. Places like Ferguson MO or the Dakota Access war in North Dakota were predominantly outside agitators supported by various funding streams. That is not the situation we are seeing now across the country, but potentially a metastatic leaderless capacity developed under Occupy, Black Lives Matter and environmental protests.

That said, the limited good data I have seen/heard from MSP and DC may indicate that organized protest groups are playing a part. Those places may have lightning rod status.

Doesn't take many, only a handful to hijack the crowd. As a friend over at RedState put it:
"This is classic Marxist urban guerilla strategy right outta the 70's. The objective is for a radicalized, conspiratorial vanguard of the revolution to join legitimate protests and radicalize the protestors. Once sufficiently indoctrinated the duty of the revolutionary is to lead the proletariat in aktions designed to discredit the authorities and stimulate an over-reaction by the security organs. Senseless and indiscriminate violence which will drive more of the proletariat to follow the leadership of the vanguard of the revolution.

It matches the script so perfectly that I almost hafta laugh. These people don't think...they rigidly follow the script. They are as predictable as the sun rising in the east. They never do anything off the script. We know how they will act...all that remains is the will to thwart them without overdoing it."
http://disq.us/p/29n4jb9

Coal Dragger
06-01-20, 15:53
Black Hills, Rapid City area nothing shaking that I know of. Typical late spring early summer.

Went to the lake yesterday and it was packed with people recreating.

Crow Hunter
06-01-20, 16:05
Protests are supposed to be kicking off at the local mall here shortly. My wife had been notified and she is going to take a different route home. Hopefully they will remain peaceful. Not really much left to loot in that mall but there is a Verizon, AT&T store, Wal-Mart, Kroger, and a Walgreens within a very short walk. I don't know if the local furniture or quilting store is on the "List".

Luckily my favorite gun store has moved from that area, so no reason to worry. :)

It does mean that my wife will not be getting the bread and milk that she was going to stop by and get on her way home from work.

As an aside, while we are a fairly significant distance from the starting point, I will be carrying my G19 with 2 mags when we walk the dogs this afternoon rather than my normal G42 in the pocket. You never know.

flenna
06-01-20, 16:13

The Rio Grande Valley hasn't skipped a beat in regards to the protest & basically ssdd...wife showed me this & gotta cheap chuckle. Border life here is unaffected & feel for you guys dealing with this nonsense.

Heck, covid is settling down as well...Took the boy out for a college graduation dinner on Friday & the place was packed w/ no hint of distancing. It was awesome to be with a crowd of people who are done with this crap.

Haha. I’ve eaten at that Church’s several times.

Straight Shooter
06-01-20, 16:17
Very little I know of here in the Huntsville/Decatur AL area. A lot of lip flappin on social media...but not much more that Ive heard. We've been working 6-7 days a week now for about 2 months, so Im not as up to date as others may be.
I too, am up-arming....carrying the G19 or G17 now with 2 reloads and leaving the Shield behind. Dang Ive gotta get an Galco ankle holster for that thing one day.
Ive got news for these schmucks wanting to loot/riot down here- THIS AINT "UP NORTH".
Our laws on SD are different, our police attitudes are different, our gun laws are different, and our attitudes on the level of shit we will take is different.
IF there is gonna be a place where these Godless wretches get mowed down..itll be here in the South somewhere.
They can burn the hood all day- hell, Ill help. They wanna "come to the suburbs"..itll be their last mistake. I know MANY who are ready for it.

Arik
06-01-20, 16:35
Great, this changes my work schedule..... Wonder if the protesters will try and loot near Bunker Gun shop....that would be a mistake..Seems like it was cancelled. The organizers cancelled the event. It was supposed to start at 6pm on Old York and Henry and proceed to the Warminster PD station, roughly half a mile. And was supposed to be over by 7.30pm.

Doylestown had one but it was what you'd expect from Doylestown. I doubt they talked above a whisper as to not disturb anyone and probably cleaned up after themselves and apologized for the inconvenience

sgtrock82
06-01-20, 16:53
Seems like it was cancelled. The organizers cancelled the event. It was supposed to start at 6pm on Old York and Henry and proceed to the Warminster PD station, roughly half a mile. And was supposed to be over by 7.30pm.

Doylestown had one but it was what you'd expect from Doylestown. I doubt they talked above a whisper as to not disturb anyone and probably cleaned up after themselves and apologized for the inconvenienceSee, I some how expected some over the top demonstration/riot in Doylestown because they know they could safely pull it off there. Half the population would be tripping over themselves to make sure they are seen in the streets on camera being accommodating and supportive of the protesters.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

mrbieler
06-01-20, 16:59
West LA. This CVS is 3/4 mile from our house. Walk there all the time. Saturday night, the area just East of us got him (3rd and Fairfax). Last night, Santa Monica a few miles West of us got hit. We got passed over both nights. Tonight we shall see.

CVS around the corner getting ready for tonight
https://i.imgur.com/BBFH1Po.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BBv1Niw.jpg

MountainRaven
06-01-20, 17:22
I saw a map showing that there had been protests over the weekend in: Bozeman, Missoula, Helena, Great Falls, and Billings. Have heard nothing to suggest that any violence occurred at any of them or that violence had been expected at any of them.

rocsteady
06-01-20, 17:58
One my way back in the office today and one of my charges got caught up in the idiots blocking the Vine Street expressway in phila; as I'm heading her way in my "perfect for this event" Ford Raptor, police/SWAT rolled into the area, tear gassed the crap out of the protesters and arrested a bunch. Kept her on the phone throughout and then watched it later on local news. I do enjoy watching all the dolts kneeling in the shoulder, zip tied.
It's been constant today as we're continuing to interview those arrested and id those caught on video since this all started. The top tier FBI officials may have lost their way, but the "on the ground" folks working daily are on point.

Arik
06-01-20, 18:04
See, I some how expected some over the top demonstration/riot in Doylestown because they know they could safely pull it off there. Half the population would be tripping over themselves to make sure they are seen in the streets on camera being accommodating and supportive of the protesters.

Sent from my SM-A205U using TapatalkThe burough? I don't see that happening. People pay a lot to live in a postcard

kwelz
06-01-20, 18:12
Major escalation in our area. Innocent bystander was shot and killed by police. Again no bodycams. They have been pepper balling cars with open windows, etc. Police chief was just fired today. It is getting ugly in Louisville.

sgtrock82
06-01-20, 19:09
The burough? I don't see that happening. People pay a lot to live in a postcardThey do..... their kids dont. Though I do admit your version of events is much more realistic.

I was just thinking with the extra juice some of these demonstrations appear to been getting and the masses of out of school kids any sort of demonstration could be quickly hijacked and spiral out of control.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Mozart
06-01-20, 19:10
They closed my wife’s job down early due to a 7pm curfew. 300+ peaceful (so far) in Lynchburg. Last night there was some vandalism and officers injured by thrown objects. My next door neighbor is NG And was deployed to Richmond today.

Mozart
06-01-20, 19:12
There were flashbangs audible during Trumps statement in the rose garden. Don’t know why, but that has really shaken me up with anxiety. The sound of chaos right outside the gates while the president makes a public statement . . . . it’s Hollywood-esque, but it’s real.

rocsteady
06-01-20, 19:58
So Philadelphia PD basically shut down the scanner feeds that people were getting on aps to make it harder for the rioters to listen in. Smart move as they were always a step ahead in the last few days. There's a surprising amount of coordination being noted among these "protesters"

Coal Dragger
06-01-20, 20:11
Major escalation in our area. Innocent bystander was shot and killed by police. Again no bodycams. They have been pepper balling cars with open windows, etc. Police chief was just fired today. It is getting ugly in Louisville.

Sounds like you guys have a bad local PD.

BoringGuy45
06-01-20, 20:15
The burough? I don't see that happening. People pay a lot to live in a postcard

It would not be wise for Antifa to venture anywhere above Bensalem; even in Doylestown, there's too many guns and people who aren't going to stand for any rioting.

Arik
06-01-20, 20:25
They do..... their kids dont. Though I do admit your version of events is much more realistic.

I was just thinking with the extra juice some of these demonstrations appear to been getting and the masses of out of school kids any sort of demonstration could be quickly hijacked and spiral out of control.

Sent from my SM-A205U using TapatalkI get what you mean. For some reason I see middle Bucks as vanilla. I just can't see these kids ruining their own neighborhood. When I think of a Antifa like kid from Newtown, Doylestown, Ivyland, Richboro, Wrightstown i just see some soft wannabe soyboy. Maybe if they were far from home.... I could be wrong

Phillygunguy
06-01-20, 20:38
It would not be wise for Antifa to venture anywhere above Bensalem; even in Doylestown, there's too many guns and people who aren't going to stand for any rioting.

KOP mall was hit yesterday. https://www.google.com/amp/s/philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/12-arrested-looters-target-king-of-prussia-mall/amp/

Arik
06-01-20, 20:59
KOP mall was hit yesterday. https://www.google.com/amp/s/philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/12-arrested-looters-target-king-of-prussia-mall/amp/Franklin Mills was hit too

pag23
06-01-20, 21:01
I get what you mean. For some reason I see middle Bucks as vanilla. I just can't see these kids ruining their own neighborhood. When I think of a Antifa like kid from Newtown, Doylestown, Ivyland, Richboro, Wrightstown i just see some soft wannabe soyboy. Maybe if they were far from home.... I could be wrong

I agree..upper bucks is pretty well armed...and won't deal with a bunch of Antifa

Arik
06-01-20, 21:01
So Philadelphia PD basically shut down the scanner feeds that people were getting on aps to make it harder for the rioters to listen in. Smart move as they were always a step ahead in the last few days. There's a surprising amount of coordination being noted among these "protesters"My buddy is listening. Said someone just blew up an ATM

Police J band

chadbag
06-01-20, 21:03
Salt Lake City has just put in place a curfew from 8pm to 6am. Exceptions for going to work, church, getting supplies, etc. Came across the mobile phones as one of those obnoxious alerts.

June 1 - June 8

pag23
06-01-20, 21:04
One my way back in the office today and one of my charges got caught up in the idiots blocking the Vine Street expressway in phila; as I'm heading her way in my "perfect for this event" Ford Raptor, police/SWAT rolled into the area, tear gassed the crap out of the protesters and arrested a bunch. Kept her on the phone throughout and then watched it later on local news. I do enjoy watching all the dolts kneeling in the shoulder, zip tied.
It's been constant today as we're continuing to interview those arrested and id those caught on video since this all started. The top tier FBI officials may have lost their way, but the "on the ground" folks working daily are on point.

The police cleaned them off 676 pretty quick... That PSP trooper with the AR was pretty intimidating to them as well..

rocsteady
06-01-20, 21:09
I agree..upper bucks is pretty well armed...and won't deal with a bunch of Antifa

Friend of mine with Florida Highway Patrol was talking about rioting starting in Fort Myers and said that if they were smart, they would stay in the cities because if they come out into the suburbs, they're going to find a whole different response from the citizenry. They're scrambling to get FHP to Collier (IIRC) now as some ritzy areas were really starting to get bad. Evidently some HIGH end jewelry stores and stuff. I guess if you're gonna loot, you're not gonna look for the dollar stores.

jbjh
06-01-20, 21:23
West LA. This CVS is 3/4 mile from our house. Walk there all the time. Saturday night, the area just East of us got him (3rd and Fairfax). Last night, Santa Monica a few miles West of us got hit. We got passed over both nights. Tonight we shall see.

CVS around the corner getting ready for tonight
https://i.imgur.com/BBFH1Po.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BBv1Niw.jpg

The Valley is lighting up now. Other side of the hill north of us Westsiders.

Watched Culver City PD sweat cars full of ner-do-wells at least three times where I was down the road from the mall. There was a chopper overhead circling the mall from about 2pm on (once Santa Monica went ballistic). Basically tailed them out of town.

And as for “out of towners”, or organized groups, these are organic, home grown jerks. While I don’t doubt there are plenty of internet ANTIFA warriors rolling in the protests, they would be the ones in it for cop fighting. The looters are loosely organized criminal caravans that come in behind protesters. While the cops have their hands full, these come and do their smash and grab.

If the protesters were doing their thing away from shops, there would be less looting, that’s for sure.

SomeOtherGuy
06-01-20, 21:40
They're scrambling to get FHP to Collier (IIRC) now as some ritzy areas were really starting to get bad. Evidently some HIGH end jewelry stores and stuff. I guess if you're gonna loot, you're not gonna look for the dollar stores.

Not in the jewelry business but acquainted with a few who are - I was under the impression that nearly all jewelers either (a) have a true bank vault on site, usually by buying a former bank building as their store, or (b) store all the expensive stuff at a bank safe deposit box every single night.

Rogue556
06-01-20, 21:53
Some cats we rolled up here have confirmed that they are being paid. Many are bussed in. They’ve also been promised bail money.Seems there is content out there that certainly backs that info.

https://youtu.be/ee77LzcbxAw

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

AndyLate
06-01-20, 21:58
Very little I know of here in the Huntsville/Decatur AL area. A lot of lip flappin on social media...but not much more that Ive heard. We've been working 6-7 days a week now for about 2 months, so Im not as up to date as others may be.
I too, am up-arming....carrying the G19 or G17 now with 2 reloads and leaving the Shield behind. Dang Ive gotta get an Galco ankle holster for that thing one day.
Ive got news for these schmucks wanting to loot/riot down here- THIS AINT "UP NORTH".
Our laws on SD are different, our police attitudes are different, our gun laws are different, and our attitudes on the level of shit we will take is different.
IF there is gonna be a place where these Godless wretches get mowed down..itll be here in the South somewhere.
They can burn the hood all day- hell, Ill help. They wanna "come to the suburbs"..itll be their last mistake. I know MANY who are ready for it.

I'm not fretting in North Alabama. I unlocked the gunsafe in my bedroom tonight, but no need to carry.

Andy

JediGuy
06-01-20, 22:07

Going off second hand info, but a friend is pretty confident on this being (in his opinion) warranted. Not saying I agree, but apparently this was a couple blocks from the rioting (hence...the police columns moving through on their way) and the full video shows them being told to get inside about 25 times. Haven’t seen the whole thing, but I’ll defer to the local on this.

Arik
06-01-20, 22:08
Going off second hand info, but a friend is pretty confident on this being (in his opinion) warranted. Not saying I agree, but apparently this was a couple blocks from the rioting (hence...the police columns moving through on their way) and the full video shows them being told to get inside about 25 times. Haven’t seen the whole thing, but I’ll defer to the local on this.They're on their own property. Why can't I sit on MY front porch?

BoringGuy45
06-01-20, 22:21
KOP mall was hit yesterday. https://www.google.com/amp/s/philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/12-arrested-looters-target-king-of-prussia-mall/amp/

Didn't say they wouldn't try. Just that it wouldn't be wise.

Uni-Vibe
06-02-20, 01:02
There will be a March tomorrow with George Floyd's family. 25,000 are expected.

Grand58742
06-02-20, 02:50
It's really getting out of hand in some places.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1267688080841961472

https://www.foxnews.com/us/4-st-louis-police-officers-shot-at-george-floyd-protests-still-taking-fire

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suv-plows-through-buffalo-police-2-seriously-injured

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/metro-sources-metro-officer-shot-in-the-head-at-circus-circus-working-another-shooting-in-front-of-federal-courthouse/

Circle_10
06-02-20, 04:21
Got violent in Maine last night. Still pretty minor compared to most other locales but I’m concerned about escalation now that a precedent has been set.
I’m approximately 45 minutes from Portland so not super close but I wonder where else it will spread. Portland may be one of the few places in the area with the population density and err... demographics to actually be able to get a big enough group together to really get the mob vibe going (that’s assuming an organic origin vs people being bussed in or something)

https://wgme.com/news/local/fourth-night-of-portland-protests-turn-violent

teufelhund1918
06-02-20, 05:23
12 arrested last night in Johnson City after police ask them to walk on the side walk and not in the street. Video shows the protesters blocking the roadways. Police removed them. A couple of sources told me that there are bus loads of Antifa thugs coming to the Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City area this weekend from several areas to cause problems. People at work talking about this too this morning. Bad idea for them. Not going to turn out like the other cities in the USA. This is crazy. Never thought I would see anything close to this in my lifetime.

Grand58742
06-02-20, 06:14
12 arrested last night in Johnson City after police ask them to walk on the side walk and not in the street. Video shows the protesters blocking the roadways. Police removed them. A couple of sources told me that there are bus loads of Antifa thugs coming to the Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City area this weekend from several areas to cause problems. People at work talking about this too this morning. Bad idea for them. Not going to turn out like the other cities in the USA. This is crazy. Never thought I would see anything close to this in my lifetime.

I grew up in Erwin and my folks still live there. I hope that nonsense passes quickly in the Tri-cities area.

Itsahak
06-02-20, 07:28
We had riots on Sunday and Monday night. We were able to keep the damage to a minimum, used gas and flashbangs to move the crowd out. 2 arrests made, both using the bean bag rounds. More bullshit last night with 2 or 3 more arrests. Shots have been fired both nights but no one shot so far. My squad car was hit by rocks on Sunday night. The city has enacted an 8pm curfew. We are expecting night 3 tonight so we shall see.

Straight Shooter
06-02-20, 07:44
I'm not fretting in North Alabama. I unlocked the gunsafe in my bedroom tonight, but no need to carry.

Andy

Well, at work last night...got some news. Supposedly..Bridge Street Shopping Center was hit last night...and Belk's got looted. Not a sign of police anywhere Im told, but cannot verify.
I agree with you for now- no need to carry anymore than my normal stuff. Staying in a High Yellow/Low Orange alert mode for now until/unless I see something to raise it.

Adrenaline_6
06-02-20, 08:19
We had riots on Sunday and Monday night. We were able to keep the damage to a minimum, used gas and flashbangs to move the crowd out. 2 arrests made, both using the bean bag rounds. More bullshit last night with 2 or 3 more arrests. Shots have been fired both nights but no one shot so far. My squad car was hit by rocks on Sunday night. The city has enacted an 8pm curfew. We are expecting night 3 tonight so we shall see.

Be safe.

Arik
06-02-20, 08:44
Several people tried to break into a gun shop in Philly in the early hours. Store owner was sleeping there, heard them, guns were drawn, one perp took a round to the head the rest ran away

https://6abc.com/gun-store-shooting-burglary-philadelphia-police-news/6226476/

ABNAK
06-02-20, 08:58
Saw a video last night on TV, not sure where it was from, of Cretans assaulting piled-up cars that were blockaded by "peaceful protesters". They were beating on cars and trying to pull people out. THAT is exactly the kind of situation that a PCC or small M4 would be necessary in. A Glock 19 with a mag or two might not cut it. Although I live in the country I work in the city M-F dayshift (my wife works 12 hour nights in the city). I am going to rethink the standard "gun in each vehicle" policy we currently have in place. Might need to "up-arm" for a little while.

Arik
06-02-20, 09:01
I know it's RT.....

Bricks suddenly appear at protests

https://www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks-appear-mysteriously-cities-riots/

Life's a Hillary
06-02-20, 09:11
Going off second hand info, but a friend is pretty confident on this being (in his opinion) warranted. Not saying I agree, but apparently this was a couple blocks from the rioting (hence...the police columns moving through on their way) and the full video shows them being told to get inside about 25 times. Haven’t seen the whole thing, but I’ll defer to the local on this.

Do as you're told like a good little boy, the state knows what is best

Diamondback
06-02-20, 10:02
I know it's RT.....

Bricks suddenly appear at protests

https://www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks-appear-mysteriously-cities-riots/

Also reported at Breitbart, RightScoop and RedState IIRC. Back in the '15 Baltimore riots entire pallets of bricks were being stolen from construction sites and similarly "seeded"...

ETA: Get a load of this... https://godfatherpolitics.com/tell-me-this-wasnt-an-organized-attack-chicago-rioters-jammed-police-radios-confounding-cops/

Garden variety protestors don't have the means or skills to MIJI police comms, just enough to listen in with scanners. This tells me that SOMEBODY is providing them with Gov Grade gear and tech support to operate it... As the criminologists ask, Cui Bono?

The_War_Wagon
06-02-20, 10:13
Saw a video last night on TV, not sure where it was from, of Cretans assaulting piled-up cars that were blockaded by "peaceful protesters". They were beating on cars and trying to pull people out. THAT is exactly the kind of situation that a PCC or small M4 would be necessary in.

Our 4WD Club had our first business meeting since early March, in the parking lot of a local tavern last night (ate our take-out out there!). SOUTH of the city, but the Allegheny County Police mounted (horse) unit passed me going the opposite direction (toward downtown) - lights & sirens going - so I knew last night's protests were expected to be bigger than Sunday's.

KNOWING that would probably be the case, this was MY "I'm-for-DAMN-sure-getting-home" piece last night.

https://i.ibb.co/JCM6NF8/100-6226-crop.jpg

Battlebelt & chest rig went with me.

The CBP's ("Cracka's Be Protestin'" - BLM farms THAT out to college kids up here :rolleyes: ) haven't made it much out of downtown YET... and they didn't LAST night. I live only 4 miles away, but we're ready for 'em.

LAST night's festivities.

TIMELINE: 9 officers injured, 20 people arrested when violence erupted after peaceful protest Monday (https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/live-updates-several-businesses-vandalized-numerous-arrests-made-after-3rd-day-unrest-pittsburgh/BLETYCTT7JFAJNTYC4XY44FS6U/)

PITTSBURGH — Thousands of protesters gathered in Pittsburgh’s East Liberty neighborhood Monday afternoon.

It wasn’t until a few hours later when police said a small group of people split off from the peaceful protest and began to damage businesses in the area. Police said they started to throw rocks and other items at law enforcement, and smoke was thrown after officers gave numerous orders for them to disperse.

Crowds have gathered across the Pittsburgh area the past three days to rally in response to the death of George Floyd in Minnesota. Floyd died while in police custody last week.

UPDATE 11:15 p.m.: Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Wendell Hissrich said nine officers were injured. All officers were evaluated and released from the hospital.

Hissrich said at least four windows were broken, but it doesn’t appear any businesses were looted.

WickedWillis
06-02-20, 11:52
The city I work in, Coeur D' Alene, Idaho had BLM and antifa trucked in from out of town last night. A pile of bricks was dropped off on 4th street, downtown according a customer I have that works at the city streets department. They were met by armed peaceful counter-protesters, and basically everyone said "Not in our town" I'm very proud of everyone over here right now.

http://https://www.kxly.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-demonstrating-in-coeur-dalene-additional-group-there-to-protect-idaho/

https://youtu.be/bIS4C7ym5YM

yoni
06-02-20, 12:14
Bricks being dropped off, sounds like a place for snipers to take the high ground and wait. Sorry I forgot where I was, it will never happen. But it should!

WickedWillis
06-02-20, 12:35
Bricks being dropped off, sounds like a place for snipers to take the high ground and wait. Sorry I forgot where I was, it will never happen. But it should!

Once discovered, white dudes with AK and AR's surrounded it, and it became a non-issue. Thankfully.

Arik
06-02-20, 13:06
Bricks being dropped off, sounds like a place for snipers to take the high ground and wait. Sorry I forgot where I was, it will never happen. But it should!And snipe who? The truck driver? The people picking up the bricks?

yoni
06-02-20, 13:23
And snipe who? The truck driver? The people picking up the bricks?

The little piece of Antifa shits picking up the bricks.

Truck driver was doing his job, his boss is Home Depot, not George Soros

WickedWillis
06-02-20, 13:33
The little piece of Antifa shits picking up the bricks.

Truck driver was doing his job, his boss is Home Depot, not George Soros

All the people that local Law Enforcement took into custody were from California and Oregon from what I'm being told. They are also planning to come back on Thursday. This time, I will be down there.

Nightvisionary
06-02-20, 13:52
I found this interesting bit of information in a Portland Police news release. My wife's office was damaged during this attack.

Shortly before midnight, a group of approximately 100 protestors gathered at Southwest 4th Avenue and Salmon Street. Some of the protesters started throwing projectiles at the officers, including glass bottles and rocks. One officer suffered minor injuries from a thrown projectile. The sound truck notified the group that they were involved in an unlawful assembly and needed to disperse. When they did not, officers used crowd control munitions to disperse them.
During this time, officers observed several vehicles that were moving through the streets with the protestors to provide them with a continual source of supplies. Officers observed one driver handing out items to subjects on foot. Traffic officers stopped that driver, but before they could detain her, she struck multiple vehicles in an effort to elude police. She sped away and the Air Support Unit was able to provide updates on the vehicle location and direction of travel. Spike strips were deployed and the vehicle stopped near Southeast 14th Avenue and Franklin Street. Officers arrested the driver. One officer suffered minor injuries in this incident.

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/read.cfm?id=250826&ec=1&fbclid=IwAR3FwU0xOSPXnfWrhUjnOBlmrULIkoHIDjKsrpqdhxODwhXzLkLfut8rb7Q

A search of Multnomah County Jail Bookings show this person as having been arrested for crimes that would meet the description in the narrative. She was released on her own recognizance with no bail required for multiple felonies:

https://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1504628

https://www.linkedin.com/in/asarrah-bohbot-butler-6127b9181

It appears she is no longer a brand ambassador for a company called Cacoco

Straight Shooter
06-02-20, 15:21

Let me answer: Shoot the truck driver & ESPECIALLY the ones coming to get the bricks.
As a former OTR driver- you're not gonna tell me that in the past few days, seeing what every person in America & most of the world has seen, that a "driver" wouldnt know better than to drop a load of brick or stone or whatever..in a riot zone..nowhere near construction..with no one to sign for it, ..along side a street or on a sidewalk. BULL SHIT. I wouldnt have done it- job be damned. Antifa plans it, buys it, delivers it..and uses it. Dont play stupid- unless you really are.

ABNAK
06-02-20, 17:07

Yeah, what's your point? So fvcking what?

ABNAK
06-02-20, 17:23
Not looking down my nose at anyone. It's just seems to be a common theme that everything becomes end of the world instantly.

No problem with violence. Throw that brick at me and find out (not you literally).

I would submit that dropping a pallet of bricks off in the middle of a city, with no discernable need for it nearby, would be prime bait for LEO to stake out. And yeah, nab the driver and find out the who/when/where it was paid for. There needs to be intel gathered to bust those higher on the food chain.

Please excuse any hostility perceived from my previous posts. This is just starting to piss me off.

ABNAK
06-02-20, 18:13
Pissin' us all off, bro, on top of the unnatural, unnecessary and absurd mass lockdowns that've already made us all a bit edgy.

That's what I'm starting to suspect is up with this, particularly the timing, the Dems and Deep State are TRYING to turn this country into a powder keg and "party like it's 1914/1994 Sarajevo."

I agree with Arik in that I'm sitting here on my laptop with a cold one waiting for dinner. The world isn't ending for me. My wife and I live out in the sticks but shop in what would be considered suburbia (not at night either) and generally pay attention if there's trouble. There hasn't been thus far, and we both work in the city to boot. So other than watching the news or the internet we have been untouched. I hope it stays that way but I am preparing for if it does go south. Not "The Big One" but a riot-related criminal act.

We also worked through the whole COVID thing. We are lucky ("blessed" if you are the religious type) and I don't look that gift horse in the mouth.

flenna
06-02-20, 18:13
Pissin' us all off, bro, on top of the unnatural, unnecessary and absurd mass lockdowns that've already made us all a bit edgy.

That's what I'm starting to suspect is up with this, particularly the timing, the Dems and Deep State are TRYING to turn this country into a powder keg and "party like it's 1914/1994 Sarajevo."

Diamondback
06-02-20, 18:37
I agree with Arik in that I'm sitting here on my laptop with a cold one waiting for dinner. The world isn't ending for me. My wife and I live out in the sticks but shop in what would be considered suburbia (not at night either) and generally pay attention if there's trouble. There hasn't been thus far, and we both work in the city to boot. So other than watching the news or the internet we have been untouched. I hope it stays that way but I am preparing for if it does go south. Not "The Big One" but a riot-related criminal act.

We also worked through the whole COVID thing. We are lucky ("blessed" if you are the religious type) and I don't look that gift horse in the mouth.
Ditto, sorta--while not as dialed-in as I'd like out here in the suburban foothills and not as far from the Concrete Jungle as I'd like, since I telecommute work has been unaffected (though with Main Office being in Italy it's made a few challenges with everybody on telecommute). Biggest nuisances have been reduced bus schedules when I need to go run Crabzilla the Bedridden's errands and reduction of restaurant menus/services complicating my keto diet and lunches when I help my seventysomething aunt with her groceries/mail/etc twice a week. No worry about keeping a roof (or floor as some here see it since I'm "just a filthy undesirable civilian basement dweller") over my head or my next meal, and we're debt free. I have no doubt that God is watching over me and my folks and taking special care of us, probably better than some of us deserve...

Bingo.

chadbag
06-02-20, 20:15
Philadelphia Gun Store owner shoots and kills intruder (looter)

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/philadelphia-gun-shop-owner-shoots-and-kills-looter/

Sam
06-02-20, 21:25
On the losing end, an Atlanta gun store was broken into and 43 handguns were stolen. One had a price tag of over $4000. Must be a Wilson.

https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/northside_sandy_springs/news/43-guns-stolen-have-been-from-chuck-s-firearms-in-buckhead-amid-protests-and-looting/article_9cd28d40-a43c-11ea-9ba6-a7f7f448cdcd.html

SteyrAUG
06-03-20, 00:08
On a street corner today in front of Hardee's was about 15 people holding up the usual "Black Lives Matter", "Justice for George", etc. Looked like maybe a church group.

Getting pretty sporty here in Mayberry.

grizzlyblake
06-03-20, 12:05
I have to keep this vague since it's from my work and all protected by NDAs.

I work in communications infrastructure construction. We got an email this morning from a carrier that this Saturday 6/6/20 is Global 5G Protest Day and there are threats against the power grid and communications infrastructure as part of the current civil unrest.

It was essentially a CYA for anyone working for them to not engage protestors, call LE if you see any attacks, etc.

This is the first I've heard of this so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Anyone in the business knows how fragile the comms infrastructure is and how easy it would be to take down all comms for huge areas.

I suppose keeping your vehicle full of fuel and a bunch of cash on hand is the only way to be prepared.

Diamondback
06-03-20, 12:43
Quick at-a-glance radar site you guys might find useful: [StateName].liveuamap.com - I've been using it to keep tabs on the Seattle/Bellevue riots. Patch.com might also be worth monitoring.

lowprone
06-03-20, 13:14
Nothing !!!

It is a 6 hour drive here from any substantial population center,
that's why I live here.

Diamondback
06-03-20, 19:31
I thought this was a hilarious bit of Laser Guided Karma...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/655633256561115187/717897903468838912/nextlevel-png.png

pag23
06-03-20, 20:01
I thought this was a hilarious bit of Laser Guided Karma...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/655633256561115187/717897903468838912/nextlevel-png.png

Lol...I would hate to mess with him!

Evel Baldgui
06-04-20, 06:52
Situations here are going from bad to worse in Brooklyn. One NYPD officer stabbed in neck, not fatal. The other two assisting officers shot at by assailant. Additional responding NYPD shot suspect 22 times, no word on whether he survived.

Vic79
06-04-20, 07:02
Situations here are going from bad to worse in Brooklyn. One NYPD officer stabbed in neck, not fatal. The other two assisting officers shot at by assailant. Additional responding NYPD shot suspect 22 times, no word on whether he survived.

There wil be additional riots for that guy.

jpmuscle
06-04-20, 11:34
Worth a read:
"For a tangible ground game disruptor, President Trump could consider taking advantage of the leverage of air forces. The US could task the emergency use of surveillance assets temporarily detached in a support role to augment overstretched police air support. These additional air resources can be tasked to maneuver into position rapidly enough to observe and identify the persons and cars of the looting flash mobs. No bureaucratic excuses please. If the news helicopters can do it and we don’t take advantage of the leverage the public has seen every day on the news, shame on us.

These air observation resources can be tasked to capture and document vehicles, persons, license plates, record evidence and, working with the full power of satellite uplink/downlinks to information fusion networks. Then the race is on to see who’s better at the game, the mob or the system. Once identified, US surveillance systems have the capability to track vehicles in real time for extended periods of time. That buys time to begin to deliver assistive information to police response task forces.

I mean its not like we do not know how to do this. Point of fact, the United States can find a single cell phone in a country in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the planet. We perfected the technology to use against similar amorphous threats in other parts of the world. I see no reason not to start a conversation about using these tools we already have, to counter, what in the end is a clumsy domestic field expedient on a shoestring budget, easily defeated by such a technology rich nation.

The deterrent value of discussing we are looking at doing such a thing would be significant. The target to disrupt is the lower and middle level operatives relying on anonymity as cover to participate in the movement. This would be ice water being poured on their parade. It would create a tangible cloud of risk; a behavior pattern changing category of risk. Who is going to want to risk the car they drive to work in their daytime disguise being tagged and coded? To those owners, I suggest the “shock and awe” that they will be unmasked, and subjected to anti-terrorism investigation, has great deterrent value.

Furthermore, the US has invested in a world class cyberwar data fusion capability. This system can be used to further deny cover to these perpetrators. I would aggregate the data from every data source and load the plates of the suspect cars into the databases of every license plate reader camera nationwide so there will be no place to hide. And when the vehicle is stopped, don’t tell them whether it was high tech or good old gumshoe detective work that caught them, just tell them the contact tracing has started and won’t end until contract tracing unravels the amorphous network that is the loosely knit Antifa.

Then again, they can always turn themselves in to the local police station along with everything they have stolen, admit to whatever they may have destroyed, offer to make amends, and throw themselves at the mercy of the court. Ideally, before the FBI comes knocking on the door and FINCEN freezes their bank accounts.

And no, I do not have any pity for the people who’s lives will be unmasked and subjected to the full force of US anti-terror law in this process. Unlike the peaceful protesters, they are culpable for the damage they have done. They have destroyed the lives of too many good people already. The reports are out there."
https://www.redstate.com/dennis_santiago/2020/06/03/how-can-america-fight-antifa/

No. Fvck no.

There’s no need to usher in a totalitarian wet dream. We did enough stupidity thanks to 9/11.

Let a free people be armed and treat these groups like the organized crime entities they are. RICO all of them.

Sam
06-04-20, 11:38
I have a homework for you guys, read post #34.

Sam
06-04-20, 12:36
Back to the chaos report:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/santa-monica-music-center-looters-armed

flenna
06-04-20, 13:00

They are just upset about the institutional racism and this is within their rights to take what they want. Maybe the good citizens of Santa Monica will keep voting “D” to support their social justice.

StovePipe_Jammer
06-04-20, 13:21
I'm about 30 minutes outside of Chicago. Think 50/50 cornfields and buildings. For the past few days the looting and general lawlessness has been migrating this way. Thankfully, those organizing this stuff are using social media. Everything that can be found concerning their future plans is easily discovered and instantly forwarded to the authorities. Although, it's hit or miss whether the police actually intervene.

There have been reports of vans and buses loaded with "protesters" showing up an unusual distance from the blue cities in the state and they have U-hauls in tow to store all of the "redistributed" property. It's almost a form of "criminal tourism". It seems to have slowed some but the weekend will probably see an uptick.

yoni
06-04-20, 13:22
I can't think of a faster shift in public mood as what has happened in the last 9 days. I can't get over seeing in Chevy Chase, rich white people that became rich pimping the federal government at the cost of the American people, holding signs defund the police, stop the genocide of black people.

I fear, we are now seeing our Potemkin moment. 4 Days ago I was sure that the President would win in November, now I am not sure. But if Biden wins, we will see a radicalization if the democrats also take Congress that will make Obama look like Nixon. The last time I watched a country go off the rails this bad was when Obama and France injected themselves in the election in Cote d'Ivore. I was on the ground and you could see and feel the civil war as it unraveled. I have the same feeling now, here.

pag23
06-04-20, 13:30
Nothing really happening in my area but people are more vigilant...I starting carrying 2 extra mags vs 1 and keeping a few extra in the truck..

pag23
06-04-20, 13:32
I can't think of a faster shift in public mood as what has happened in the last 9 days. I can't get over seeing in Chevy Chase, rich white people that became rich pimping the federal government at the cost of the American people, holding signs defund the police, stop the genocide of black people.

I fear, we are now seeing our Potemkin moment. 4 Days ago I was sure that the President would win in November, now I am not sure. But if Biden wins, we will see a radicalization if the democrats also take Congress that will make Obama look like Nixon. The last time I watched a country go off the rails this bad was when Obama and France injected themselves in the election in Cote d'Ivore. I was on the ground and you could see and feel the civil war as it unraveled. I have the same feeling now, here.

Not good if the hair on the back of your neck is standing up. Very weird times and I really worry about outside influences..

Vic79
06-04-20, 13:36

Yes!! I need more. I’m hoping to see an uptick and looting, violence and overall shenanigans this weekend again. California has a lot of wealth and excess that needs to be pillaged in redistributed to the less fortunate.

Itsahak
06-04-20, 13:55
Be safe.

We have had protests every night, but our tactical guy is a genius. We started shutting down the roads that they were protesting on. No audience, no ability to get reinforcements to them and limited ability to escape. The city enacted a curfew so the only people standing around were protesters. They were gone within an hour. Wednesday night they did another protest that drew about 50-75 people. They stood around chanting, spouting the usual BS, etc etc. They were there for about 3 hours and by the time curfew came around there were only 20 or so left. They were hoping to challenge the curfew and get us to wade in and use force to remove them, all while the local media filmed it. We drove off and left them there. 5 minutes later the media was gone, and within 15 minutes, they were all gone. Apparently their convictions are only as good as the amount of an audience they have.

jbjh
06-04-20, 15:22
Yes!! I need more. I’m hoping to see an uptick and looting, violence and overall shenanigans this weekend again. California has a lot of wealth and excess that needs to be pillaged in redistributed to the less fortunate.

Thanks. Appreciate the love.

You do know you’re talking about actual people and their lives right? Maybe try not being so glib.

Vic79
06-04-20, 16:05
Thanks. Appreciate the love.

You do know you’re talking about actual people and their lives right? Maybe try not being so glib.

Yes I realize that, I’m sorry if that affects you. But a police free world is not going to be the utopia of these people think. Unfortunately they are too dumb to realize that so they must experience it, hopefully.
Lessons not learned blood are soon forgotten. I would get so much joy if those same looters that John legend, Natalie Portman and others bail out would go to the Hollywood hills and loot and burn down their mansions.

rocsteady
06-04-20, 22:40
So in from 1400 to about 2200 today and every two minutes the police radio would crackle with "approximately 10 people, with baseball bats vandalizing houses on x street"; 3 people on bikes with pipes vandalizing cars on y street"; store z on a street, robbery in progress; ATM on x street being vandalized/burglarized" all manner of descriptions of the perps, from hispanic to black to white to even one describing the perps attacking another person as "white females, in their 20s with short skirts and..." so there seems to be a pretty fair representation of a bunch of ethnic groups out staying busy.
Lots of military in the family and been in law enforcement since 06 and it still makes me pause when I'm leaving the federal building tonight and see 10-15 national guardsmen at a street corner a block from the Phila side of the Ben Franklin bridge.

jbjh
06-05-20, 03:50
Was pretty quiet here in LA, and yesterday there were several huge protests that remained just that - protests. No looting that I heard of, no clashing with the police. Just marching and chanting.

Hopefully it will stay that way.

prepare
06-05-20, 04:04

A conflict is coming and its going to get very ugly. I feel like the Jews must have felt when Hitler was elected. You dont know for sure whats coming only that whatever it is, is not good!

Ron3
06-05-20, 07:38
A conflict is coming and its going to get very ugly. I feel like the Jews must have felt when Hitler was elected. You dont know for sure whats coming only that whatever it is, is not good!

It is very similar, isnt it?

That your ethnicity and maybe political affiliations are being blamed for everything wrong in the country and the world by nearly everyone and the solution is your subjugation.

Alpha-17
06-05-20, 08:02
We have had protests every night, but our tactical guy is a genius. We started shutting down the roads that they were protesting on. No audience, no ability to get reinforcements to them and limited ability to escape. The city enacted a curfew so the only people standing around were protesters. They were gone within an hour. Wednesday night they did another protest that drew about 50-75 people. They stood around chanting, spouting the usual BS, etc etc. They were there for about 3 hours and by the time curfew came around there were only 20 or so left. They were hoping to challenge the curfew and get us to wade in and use force to remove them, all while the local media filmed it. We drove off and left them there. 5 minutes later the media was gone, and within 15 minutes, they were all gone. Apparently their convictions are only as good as the amount of an audience they have.

Congrats on your "tactical guy" denying protestors the right to be heard. Well done, allowing the wording of the law stand while he guts the meaning. Absolutely great. And yes, I noticed you specifically said protestors, which means either they're peaceful, but the "tac guy" doesn't want anyone hearing what they say, or you don't see any difference between them. Absolutely well done. :blink:

ffhounddog
06-05-20, 09:01
Congrats on your "tactical guy" denying protestors the right to be heard. Well done, allowing the wording of the law stand while he guts the meaning. Absolutely great. And yes, I noticed you specifically said protestors, which means either they're peaceful, but the "tac guy" doesn't want anyone hearing what they say, or you don't see any difference between them. Absolutely well done. :blink:

There are ways to protest and then there are ways to instigate a response. The current protests probably from Intel they want to instigate a response and then fade away.

Det-Sog
06-05-20, 10:35
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dallas-officials-remove-texas-ranger-statue-love-field-71078998

The war on police moves forward at breakneck speed.

TomMcC
06-05-20, 10:39
And people mock California for it's loopy ways.

Averageman
06-05-20, 11:09
Man, I really cannot believe it.
WTF is it coming to?

Det-Sog
06-05-20, 11:16
And people mock California for it's loopy ways.

If hundreds of thousands of Californians had not moved to Texas in the last 20 +/- years. Arizona will be next. The entire country will be blue in 50 years. Stick it with a fork.

26 Inf
06-05-20, 11:23
While I doubt many folks looking at the statue would know the history, I'm not particularly surprised or upset.

We live in a different world than we did in 1963, black folks even get to use the same restrooms and sit at the same lunch counters.

Hopefully the airport would give the statue to the Texas Ranger Museum (I'm sure there is one).

TomMcC
06-05-20, 11:28
If hundreds of thousands of Californians had not moved to Texas in the last 20 +/- years. Arizona will be next. The entire country will be blue in 50 years. Stick it with a fork.

So, you know 1. That displaced Californians are all liberal/ leftists 2. There are sufficient leftist/liberal Californians to join with Texas' own commies to pull this off? Sure thing.

Det-Sog
06-05-20, 11:45
So, you know 1. That displaced Californians are all liberal/ leftists 2. There are sufficient leftist/liberal Californians to join with Texas' own commies to pull this off? Sure thing.

You know what... In fairness, lots of people from NY/NJ moved in too... I grew up in and lived in Texas for over 40 years. I had a front row seat. Texas was always pretty evenly split in the big cities. Throw in a few hundred thousand people from CA and "up north", it COMPLETELY changed the state from the late 80s- early 2000s.

No, not everyone coming in from CA is liberal. I'd safely say that 3/4 of the people coming out of CA are liberal. Same from "up north". It HAS changed the political demographics almost as much as the illegal aliens have. Good thing that MOST of the illegals aren't voting. Yet...

Smash
06-05-20, 11:54

If they protested lawfully from the sidewalk then they could be heard by everyone passing. Even "peaceful" protestors want to unlawfully block roadways, which forces people to stay in their vehicles and listen. There should be freedom for everyone, restraining vehicular traffic from leaving is not allowing that freedom.

Ours have actually been heard saying they're mad that police are blocking traffic because that doesn't allow them to block traffic.

It also protects the protestors because people get pretty angry and drive through protestors when they block roads, so blocking off roads from outsiders allows them safety during their display of their 1st Amendment.

Itsahak
06-05-20, 13:10
**** off with that shit. These same people have ruined businesses, destroyed police cars shot at officers, shot the tac truck, thrown rocks at cars and officers and hit an officer in the face with a brick. They can't stay out of the street, even when traffic is moving, are causing disruption to the general population, in the black community, that calls and wants them moved away, spewed full auto fire during one of their so called "peaceful" rallies, and harrass every person that walks by and ignores them regardless of color. If limiting their ability to have an audience sends them home with no property damage done and no one hurt, so be it.

ABNAK
06-05-20, 13:57
It is very similar, isnt it?

That your ethnicity and maybe political affiliations are being blamed for everything wrong in the country and the world by nearly everyone and the solution is your subjugation.

Yeah, well, about that.......:rolleyes:

Riiiiiight.

Averageman
06-05-20, 14:00
While I doubt many folks looking at the statue would know the history, I'm not particularly surprised or upset.

We live in a different world than we did in 1963, black folks even get to use the same restrooms and sit at the same lunch counters.

Hopefully the airport would give the statue to the Texas Ranger Museum (I'm sure there is one).
Just an observation;
Anyone so sensitive that the presence of historical statues, books, works of Art, or free speech, should be able to explain why logically, not emotionally and present a valid, coherent case.
I'm not sure what I am missing but the Texas Rangers are who the Governor calls when there is a question about the integrity of the system in our great State. No small number of those calls concern civil rights and/or investigations of Police corruption.
I'm not sure, but there wouldn't be a Texas had it not been for Texas Rangers.

And hell yes they have a Museum. It's in Waco, not too far from the Dr Pepper Museum.

Uni-Vibe
06-05-20, 14:08
The Texas Rangers have a long and and bloody history of oppression and murder particularly, but not exclusively, of un-whites. Read Monica Munoz's history of the Rangers, and tell me if it's all fake news.

markm
06-05-20, 14:15
I think the end game is to force Cops to walk off/strike/whatnot, and let the filthy animals run wild. Destroy our country rather than let Trump succeed and the Obamagate corruption gets off the minds of the imbecile masses.

Uni-Vibe
06-05-20, 14:24
I think the end game is to force Cops to walk off/strike/whatnot, and let the filthy animals run wild. Destroy our country rather than let Trump succeed and the Obamagate corruption gets off the

Post minds of the imbecile masses.

No, the end game is for the police to stop beating, extorting, sexually assaulting, falsely charging, and illegally searching, their fellow Americans. And if achieving that "destroys our country," then such a country shouldn't exist.

titsonritz
06-05-20, 14:39
The Texas Rangers have a long and and bloody history of oppression and murder particularly, but not exclusively, of un-whites. Read Monica Munoz's history of the Rangers, and tell me if it's all fake news.

The book is called The Injustice Never Leaves You, Anti-Mexican Violence in Texas not "History of the Rangers".

Uni-Vibe
06-05-20, 14:41
I meant the term generically, like referring to Churchill's history of ww2.

WickedWillis
06-05-20, 15:09
**** off with that shit. These same people have ruined businesses, destroyed police cars shot at officers, shot the tac truck, thrown rocks at cars and officers and hit an officer in the face with a brick. They can't stay out of the street, even when traffic is moving, are causing disruption to the general population, in the black community, that calls and wants them moved away, spewed full auto fire during one of their so called "peaceful" rallies, and harrass every person that walks by and ignores them regardless of color. If limiting their ability to have an audience sends them home with no property damage done and no one hurt, so be it.

Let's see this full auto fire

TomMcC
06-05-20, 15:20
Evidently the Rangers of today are the same murderous swine as their murderous swine predecessors. They should be completely defunded to heal the nation of it's all the time, everywhere racism... its definitely as bad or even worse than in the days of Jim Crow. Just ask certain people on this board, you'll get the truth.

ryanm
06-05-20, 15:43
I can't tell if you are Boog or Antifa but you are definitely here to gas this board Univibe.

jpmuscle
06-05-20, 15:49
I can't tell if you are Boog or Antifa but you are definitely here to gas this board Univibe.

This is like acquiescing to claims branding the Tea Party movement as alt right (a made up pejorative mind you by the left in order to flip the narrative) and therefore a right wing hate group by a default.

Pure fallacy

SeriousStudent
06-05-20, 16:38
This thread is exactly why we can't have nice things. I am am truly sick toi death of the way some of you slander folks you have never met, or organizations you know nothing about.

Univibe - you and others would be well served to look up the racial composition of the Texas Rangers these days. You in particular have a history of making statements on this board without any basis in fact. I'd strongly encourage you to read one hell of a lot more, and post an awful lot less.

Particularly if you wish to remain a member here. That's not a threat, by the way. Please feel free to ponder that for the new few weeks.

Uni-Vibe
06-05-20, 16:38
I'm not gassing anybody. I'm saying that there are a lot of nuances here; and whoever's uncomfortable with facts has to resort to myths. Would you prefer Texas Ranger facts, or Texas Ranger myths?

One more: the issue of police- community relations goes beyond race. Plenty of whites are victims of the same kind of treatment. What about that? Do we address a solely racial problem, or is there also a police problem?

Another: all those Confederate statues and memorials they want to remove? Were they put up after the Civil War? Not at all. The vast majority were set up between 1890 and 1920, long after most of the Civil War generation was gone. Why should that be?

History is complex.

yoni
06-05-20, 16:44
I am very sad at this news, of the removal of the Ranger.

I am tired of idiots that judge the past with the PC mind set of today.

I am against tearing down statues, we have some part of the history of this great country that we must remember for if we don't at some point in the future G-D forbid we might repeat some sad chapters.

SeriousStudent
06-05-20, 16:45
Sigh. Another saying we have in Texas is "Don't double down on stupid".

For those unfamiliar with the Texas Rangers, they spend the vast majority of their time investigating political corruption, and assisting local law enforcement with investigative resources. They frequently serve as an outside review in cases that are highly visible and politically charged, such as shootings, bribery of public officals, etc.

But that's not sexy, doesn't sell politically-slanted books, and does not get web-clicks.

Evel Baldgui
06-05-20, 17:28
Back in South Florida from NY just in time for the protests planned for tomorrow 6/6 in downtown Miami, and basically almost all major cities .... Any place in the US not having protests?

At one point, I thought that given the tremendous size of this nation, events in Seattle /LA would not have major impact in NY/NC/GA etc.....DAMN was I ever wrong. But then again, I was thinking about isolated weather issues, hurricanes in FL, tornadoes in the Midwest and the like; not the mass coordinated planned insurgency of sorts that is transpiring now.

WickedWillis
06-05-20, 17:32
Back in South Florida from NY just in time for the protests planned for tomorrow 6/6 in downtown Miami, and basically almost all major cities .... Any place in the US not having protests?

At one point, I thought that given the tremendous size of this nation, events in Seattle /LA would not have major impact in NY/NC/GA etc.....DAMN was I ever wrong. But then again, I was thinking about isolated weather issues, hurricanes in FL, tornadoes in the Midwest and the like; not the mass coordinated planned insurgency of sorts that is transpiring now.

We've had protests in a town of 51,000 twice in the last two weeks. Last night was super peaceful, and about 200 or so protesters marched down our main downtown street to the courthouse. BUT, a few large sprinter vans full of people wearing black showed up. Looked around and saw the main drag lined with armed people, and decided to leave.

I firmly believe there is strong funding here. Someone is paying for antifa to show up in small ass towns in Idaho and attempt chaos.

Grand58742
06-05-20, 17:35
This is like acquiescing to claims branding the Tea Party movement as alt right (a made up pejorative mind you by the left in order to flip the narrative) and therefore a right wing hate group by a default.

Pure fallacy

Don't forget, Hawaiian shirts are now "Alt Right"

Evel Baldgui
06-05-20, 17:48
We've had protests in a town of 51,000 twice in the last two weeks. Last night was super peaceful, and about 200 or so protesters marched down our main downtown street to the courthouse. BUT, a few large sprinter vans full of people wearing black showed up. Looked around and saw the main drag lined with armed people, and decided to leave.

I firmly believe there is strong funding here. Someone is paying for antifa to show up in small ass towns in Idaho and attempt chaos.

Does the name George Soros ring a bell? He is the most likely provocateur, but I would not doubt that Red China via some shell charity /organization is also involved, maybe Billy Gates as well. I would wager the Clinton foundation, unknown actors from the ME with Iranian backing perhaps, hell probably the DNC, assorted left wing Hollywood miscreants, Obama, Oprah ? The suspect list could go on and on...

WickedWillis
06-05-20, 17:52
Does the name George Soros ring a bell? He is the most likely provocateur, but I would not doubt that Red China via some shell charity /organization is also involved, maybe Billy Gates as well. I would wager the Clinton foundation, unknown actors from the ME with Iranian backing perhaps, hell probably the DNC, assorted left wing Hollywood miscreants, Obama, Oprah ? The suspect list could go on and on...

Well that is who I believe is funding antifa, yes.

SeriousStudent
06-05-20, 18:10
Don't forget, Hawaiian shirts are now "Alt Right"

And all these years, I just thought they were comfy.....

I haz a sad.

yoni
06-05-20, 18:14
I always thought the Texas Rangers had a degree of cool off the chart.

As a mater of fact in the height of one of the intifads, I had to go sit in a meeting with the Minster on Internal security. After 2 hours, I was tired of the BS, so I opened my mouth and offered a solution.

The Minister responded My dear friend here in not Texas, we don't do such things here.

I responded, with no respect due to you, have you ever wondered why Texas doesn't have an intifada?

G-d Bless Texas and the Rangers. Texas gave my family a place to go after Yankee carpet baggers stole every thing they had.

For those that have problems with Texas or the Rangers, I can't say what is in my heart. Just imagine all the evil I could wish upon you and yours and multiple it by infinity. My grandmother always taught the family Texas gave us a place to survive after we were made destitute by Yankees.

MegademiC
06-05-20, 18:52
Well that is who I believe is funding antifa, yes.

Its going to be a lot of people funneling money through NGOs. I bet $ to pesos Antifa and blm share many of the same donors/NGOs.

My opininion: this is an attempted disruption to cause people to embrace heavy govt hands . The people on the ground dont know that, but the Big donors do. Increase govt control, and they already control govt via deep state... which is why trump is such a threat.

Note- i recognize trump is a simp, but hes the best we have at that level. Shitty situation for a lot of us.

Grand58742
06-05-20, 19:04
And all these years, I just thought they were comfy.....

I haz a sad.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=hawaiian+shirts+right+wing

Straight Shooter
06-05-20, 19:20
This thread is exactly why we can't have nice things. I am am truly sick toi death of the way some of you slander folks you have never met, or organizations you know nothing about.

Univibe - you and others would be well served to look up the racial composition of the Texas Rangers these days. You in particular have a history of making statements on this board without any basis in fact. I'd strongly encourage you to read one hell of a lot more, and post an awful lot less.

Particularly if you wish to remain a member here. That's not a threat, by the way. Please feel free to ponder that for the new few weeks.

THANK YOU-OHH THANK YOU.

ChopsUnleashed
06-05-20, 19:49
Nothing much has happened in Louisiana to speak of and I hope it stays this way.

ABNAK
06-05-20, 19:57
Anyone think they'll bum-rush the White House this weekend? They're feeling pretty froggy, but that is probably "a bridge too far" for even their obscene fantasies.

TomMcC
06-05-20, 21:49
Anyone think they'll bum-rush the White House this weekend? They're feeling pretty froggy, but that is probably "a bridge too far" for even their obscene fantasies.

Man, I hope not. The whole thing is crushing my hoped for happy retirement.

SeriousStudent
06-05-20, 22:31
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=hawaiian+shirts+right+wing

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sarchasm

teufelhund1918
06-08-20, 05:29
I was over in Bristol Va at the end of the week. It sounded like a lot of things went on behind the scenes. From talking with a couple of people "in the know", my understanding is that the lady that put the peaceful protest together was shown a Facebook page where these ANTIFA types were talking about what they were going to do and how to go about things. She joined the discussion and tried to talk to those folks. She was eventually removed from that page. After realizing what was going to happen if the protest proceeded, she cancelled the peaceful protest. The antifa types were suppose to meet up at exit 7 and spread out into the peaceful protest, then create their chaos and disorder from there. But with the peaceful protest cancelled, the rest of the plans apparently fell apart with the naughty people either not showing up or going to other areas. There were some other protests, but nothing violent.

rocsteady
06-08-20, 21:04

The QRF set to engage if the white house was under any sort of threat last weekend would shock most non military people. Suffice to say that whoever had any ideas of that is very lucky that they didn't attempt it.

jbjh
06-08-20, 22:48
Been quiet here in LA the past week (as far as I’ve seen/heard).

Lots of protests, but the organizers seem to have sorted out how to keep the ANTIFA types at bay (I’ve seen pics of them protecting police cars and businesses, and hassling a-holes out of the protest), and the cops figured out to let the protesters march around and work it off, while keeping an eye on the perimeter for looters and other shitheels. Seems to be working.

Agree or not, people have the right to assemble.

SteyrAUG
06-09-20, 19:32
The QRF set to engage if the white house was under any sort of threat last weekend would shock most non military people. Suffice to say that whoever had any ideas of that is very lucky that they didn't attempt it.

LOL. Might as well storm Area 51 again.

Sam
06-13-20, 21:03
After almost a week of quiet in ATL, the savages are back at it tonight.

Tried to burn down the Wendy's where there was a shooting last night by APD. They're also blocking I-75 and I-85. APD first lesbian chief resigned today.

https://www.ajc.com/news/gbi-rely-statements-videos-for-wendy-parking-lot-death-probe/CnfjcSh04OFbRyNastH6pL/

ABNAK
06-13-20, 23:09

Tried to burn down the Wendy's where there was a shooting last night by APD. They're also blocking I-75 and I-85. APD first lesbian chief resigned today.

https://www.ajc.com/news/gbi-rely-statements-videos-for-wendy-parking-lot-death-probe/CnfjcSh04OFbRyNastH6pL/

I think a good way to clear freeways of POS is to use fire trucks and hose them off. Don't care what it's reminiscent of (at least we wouldn't be using German Shepherds) because "peaceful protest" does NOT include blocking interstate traffic. Beat the fvcking shit out of 'em or use fire hoses, I don't care, but clear the g-damn highways.

pag23
06-14-20, 07:32

Philly had peaceful looting and the blowing up ATMs last night all in the name of BLM...

rocsteady
06-14-20, 08:19
Just your run of the mill 300 or so people rioting and looting at an EXXON station and then busting up a police cruiser's windshield when PPD showed up. Those silly "protestors"

flenna
06-14-20, 09:51
Looks like there are racist deer in NJ, time to burn down the forests.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-new-jersey-protest-south-brunswick-deer-crowd-woman-injured