PDA

View Full Version : Here we go - West Palm Beach gun & ammo purchase ban

GH41
06-03-20, 10:30
Gun and ammo sales banned. No carry in public places.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/west-palm-beach-mayor-bans-guns-ammo-sales-in-response-to-rioters/

sgtrock82
06-03-20, 11:08

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/west-palm-beach-mayor-bans-guns-ammo-sales-in-response-to-rioters/I bet the brick yards are still open

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Grand58742
06-03-20, 11:28

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/west-palm-beach-mayor-bans-guns-ammo-sales-in-response-to-rioters/

Okay, have rioters and looters used guns down there so frequently this was necessary?

[rhetorical question mode off]

teufelhund1918
06-03-20, 11:45
Lol... I would bet this is on the way through the courts now. I can see a bunch of law suits coming out of this kind of action. My local Walmart pulled all weapons and ammo off the counters and display cases. I can understand that action in areas that have riots and looting going on to keep the guns out of getting into the hands of thugs. But Ben Hur VA for cryin' out loud...???

Arik
06-03-20, 11:50
Makes sense to me. Rioters often run into a gun store in the middle of a riot to buy more stuff

Grand58742
06-03-20, 11:56
Interesting stat from The Federalist on the same subject:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/03/florida-mayor-bans-sales-of-guns-and-ammo-during-state-of-present-danger/

May 2020 marked the third consecutive month of record-high firearm sales, bringing the total to an estimated 6 million guns sold since the coronavirus outbreak began in March. According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a large portion of the sales records were driven by first-time gun owners.

“Our recent survey of firearm retailers shows us that 40 percent of these gun buyers are buying a firearm for the first time,” Mark Oliva, a spokesman for the group, said in a statement. “Of those first-time gun owners, 40 percent are women and these buyers are overwhelmingly purchasing handguns for personal protection.”

PracticalRifleman
06-03-20, 12:25
I’m not sure this will hold up in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic79
06-03-20, 12:43
You guys remember a long long time ago when certain members were raising serious concerns about all the bullshit governors were pushing through for the greater good and to protect the health of their constituents from covid, Pepperidge Farm remembers. You had to know this was going to be abused to protect the masses from the evil guns. Its for the greater good, please comply.Stop being so selfish and comply with the orders.

Wildcat
06-03-20, 12:49
That order was applied May 31st and is due to expire at 9pm tonight (Wed).

ABNAK
06-03-20, 17:38
Of course if you were prudent and already had what you needed.......:rolleyes:

REDinFL
06-03-20, 17:52
Anyone who was arrested for a "violation" needs to get a good lawyer for the lawsuit. And, the Governor needs to come down hard on the city. Florida law contains preemption, firearms law is within the purview of the State. DeSantis needs to make an example of the city, because all the tinhorn dictators, otherwise known as mayors want to make up all sorts of regulations to show their own power. Worse, the anti-gun crown who can't win in an election or the courts figures they can end run the legitimate mechanics of government to impose the way they think things should be.

"790.33 Field of regulation of firearms and ammunition preempted.—
(1) PREEMPTION.—Except as expressly provided by the State Constitution or general law, the Legislature hereby declares that it is occupying the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, including the purchase, sale, transfer, taxation, manufacture, ownership, possession, storage, and transportation thereof, to the exclusion of all existing and future county, city, town, or municipal ordinances or any administrative regulations or rules adopted by local or state government relating thereto. Any such existing ordinances, rules, or regulations are hereby declared null and void."

duece71
06-03-20, 18:33
Of course if you were prudent and already had what you needed.......:rolleyes:

Indeed. No further discussion required.

SteyrAUG
06-03-20, 22:56

Sloppy wording, but it doesn't seem like conceal carry with permit or lawful carry securely encased is actually banned.

The ban on sales or display for sale is pretty amazing. They just shut down all the gun stores. Wonder if police supply stores will have to comply.

JoshNC
06-05-20, 22:21
FL has state preemption over all gun laws.

SteyrAUG
06-06-20, 00:41
FL has state preemption over all gun laws.

Will be interesting to see what is actually enforced and what is the legal response to that enforcement.