PDA

View Full Version : Which Glock MOS plate do I use for a Trig RMR?

Rrotz
06-04-20, 02:04
Nevermind, I went with the type 02 plate. But I have a seperate issue of which screws to use on the RMR to mount on the plate.

I used the OEM plate cover screws to mount the plate but none of the included screws that came with the plate kit are long enough.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

kwelz
06-04-20, 04:20
I suggest ditching the stock plate and going with either a CHPWS or Forward controls plate.

06-04-20, 04:30
I suggest ditching the stock plate and going with either a CHPWS or Forward controls plate.

Plus 1

crossgun
06-04-20, 04:41

I have both and really like the Forward Controls. For sure dont expect much out of the Glock plate except for your RMR to shortly go flying of your slide.

06-04-20, 04:57
I have both and really like the Forward Controls. For sure dont expect much out of the Glock plate except for your RMR to shortly go flying of your slide.

If it catches your skull, it leaves a good lump.

arptsprt
06-04-20, 10:44
I cannot speak for the CH plate, but I have the FCD RMR plate on a G45 and I like it. Closing in on 1500 rounds and still very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWH24
06-04-20, 18:26
I cannot speak for the CH plate, but I have the FCD RMR plate on a G45 and I like it. Closing in on 1500 rounds and still very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can speak about the C&H plate. I have V3 and V4 is out now. Takes up all of the open area between the RMR and the slide, to lessen the sling shot effect of the RMR to the Cranium or EYEBall and nasal area.

MRDS Mounting http://chpws.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/MRDS-Mounting-22_MAY_2020.pdf

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/24780118/414288556.jpg

Rrotz
06-29-20, 07:58
On the same topic, is there a better aftermarket plate for the m&p 2.0 core?

Neville
06-29-20, 09:55

Which one is better?

Rrotz
06-29-20, 10:01
I suggest ditching the stock plate and going with either a CHPWS or Forward controls plate.I can't find, for the life of me, any Glock plates...only CZ.

signal4l
06-29-20, 10:13

This is 100% correct. I used the MOS plate/screws to attach an RMR to a Glock. I used loctite and a torque wrench. Everything was installed properly. Friend was shooting the pistol when the RMR flew off and cracked him in the forehead. Made a nice little bloody cut.

I switched to the CHPWS plate and used VC3 threadlocker. This works perfectly and has not moved in 1,500 rounds. Highly recommended

HCrum87hc
06-30-20, 09:34
As others have said, I'd look no further than C&H Precision or FCD. You can't go wrong with either of them.

IKnowNotEverything
06-30-20, 12:08
I went with the CHPWS V4 mil, and have been pleased with it so far. Machining looked great and I like the T-turrets as an advancement on the V3 design. Spec says torque to 10 in/lbs, which seems low to me.

The Forward Controls design looks like what the OEM plate should have been. I really like the forward and rear lugs. This was honestly my first choice, but unavailable.

I'd pick whichever is in stock, and not look back.

Xhado
07-01-20, 08:23
I went with the CHPWS V4 mil, and have been pleased with it so far. Machining looked great and I like the T-turrets as an advancement on the V3 design. Spec says torque to 10 in/lbs, which seems low to me.

That's typical for the small screws they're using.

Same spec for the Agency AOS plates.