PDA

View Full Version : Experience with TRIJICON.inc~!

kit0074
11-09-06, 18:14
Hi there yr guys here is my first post, sorry for bad English:D

Well, I want to share this with yr guys. I was pissed but now I'm cool

I got story from Trijicon TRI POWER

I have it for a while and lens bented during my traning

It's seem like the lens is bent in and the TRI dot seem to out of focus

and yes I sented it to

TRIJICON office to

estimated the damage....after couple day they get the price back to me

it's cost $539.95 for a new replacement unit not include shipping yet

very werid I bought it original for just $429.00 brand new

so I said no and please shipped back to me

They said ok but I have to take out the electronic inside I was unhappy

after that I been with EOTECH and AIMPOINT even since ;)

LukeMacGillie
11-09-06, 18:17
Well Shoot, I ate lunch with one of the Tirijicon LE/Mil factory reps today. Sure wish I could have asked him about this. :rolleyes:

Hi there yr guys here is my first post, sorry for bad English:D

Well, I want to share this with yr guys. I was pissed but now I'm cool

I got story from Trijicon TRI POWER

I have it for a while and lens bented during my traning

It's seem like the lens is bent in and the TRI dot seem to out of focus

and yes I sented it to

TRIJICON office to

estimated the damage....after couple day they get the price back to me

it's cost $539.95 for a new replacement unit not include shipping yet

very werid I bought it original for just $429.00 brand new

so I said no and please shipped back to me

They said ok but I have to take out the electronic inside I was unhappy

after that I been with EOTECH and AIMPOINT even since ;)

kit0074
11-09-06, 18:26
Well Shoot, I ate lunch with one of the Tirijicon LE/Mil factory reps today. Sure wish I could have asked him about this. :rolleyes:

please do so

I own ACOG which is my first scope but TRI POWER customer service give me bad experience

Thanks again in advance LukeMacGillie

cyclops
11-11-06, 08:56
I've neer had anything but great service from Trijicon. I've owned 2 ACOGs and have had to send one in for service. They were fast, helpful and courteous. I too have met their reps and found them to be top notch subject matter experts who were always willing to help. I hope that your experience is an isolated one.

VA_Dinger
11-11-06, 09:01
This was Trijicon USA or some foreign importer?

kit0074
11-11-06, 10:46
USA HQ :D

VA_Dinger
11-11-06, 10:57
I would assume they based their decision on the fact that their product did its job. I mean it was not a warranty issue. Like you said it "The lense was bent (I assume cracked or broken) during training.

If you buy a new car and crash it two miles from the dealership it would be hard to get the dealer to fix it cheaply or otherwise.

What I want to know is why they had to remove the "Electronics" before they ship it back to you?

Welcome to M4carbine by the way.

kit0074
11-11-06, 13:17
I would assume they based their decision on the fact that their product did its job. I mean it was not a warranty issue. Like you said it "The lense was bent (I assume cracked or broken) during training.

If you buy a new car and crash it two miles from the dealership it would be hard to get the dealer to fix it cheaply or otherwise.

What I want to know is why they had to remove the "Electronics" before they ship it back to you?

Welcome to M4carbine by the way.

I totaly understand that part as I said before Trijicon let me down abit when he gave me new price unit for $539.95 ( I can bought it new include mount from other dealer)

I just want to share my experience That's all. it's all about customers relationship.

Now I had EOTECH with serve me very well. How ever my friend used it and yes it's damage the front lens is broken and he e-mailed Eotech and This is what they responded

[/QUOTE]

Dave,

We’d be happy to get the sight in for repair.

It takes 7 to 10 days for the repair, and we cover the cost of repair and return shipping.

In order for the sight to be processed, I need to provide you with a Return Authorization Number (RA#). I will need your contact phone number and the address where we'll be shipping the repaired sight to; please email me this info and I will provide you with further instructions for the return.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Dennis Finnegan

Customer Service Manager

L-3 Communications - EOTech Inc.

3600 Green Ct. STE 400

Ann Arbor, MI 48105

734-741-8868 x3919

dennis.finnegan@L-3com.com

[/QUOTE]

Again If Trijicon gave me offer the price between $350-$200 to replace my unit. I would not complain.

Even now if they gonna give me an offer I would refuse it

I just gonna keep that TRI POWER for story about bad consumer service

;)

Patrick Aherne
11-11-06, 16:34
We've had 18-20 compact ACOGs in use for about 5-6 years. Last rifle quals. an officer told me that his reticle was no longer illuminated. He was able to qual with the black reticle. I removed the ACOG and saw that neither the fiber optic nor the tritium was illuminating the reticle. I called Trijicon, got an RMA and sent it back. Three weeks later, I received the much used ACOg back with all new internals, tritium, fiber-optic and cleaning, plus a new lens, all at no charge.

Our ACOGs aren't all that abused, but they are seriously used on general issue LE patrol rifles.

I haven't had anything but good things to say about Trijicon's customer service.

I also have had great luck with EOtech's customer service, but they have broken a little more frequently when we first got them.

kit0074
11-11-06, 23:38
May be mine is just a bad luck

GreenMtnTac
11-12-06, 11:11
There is probably a logic to Trijicon's policy, but it is not clear what it is. Patrick Aherne got his broken unit refurbished for free. I have an old handle mounted TA01 in which the tritium has faded significantly. When I called to inquire about restoring it to new condition I was quoted a price of $250. I suspect if I had whacked it with a hammer and reported the unit broken they would have fixed it for free.

It might also be like the IRS: it just depends on who at Trijicon you hook up with.

kit0074
11-12-06, 14:27
they guys name there is JIM

Glockster35
11-19-06, 18:16
A few months ago I bought a Reflex II sight from a friend. He had both the carrying handle mount, and a flat top mount with it. The screws for the flat top mount were missing.

I sent Trijicon an e-mail at their website, and John Houghton from Trijicon contacted me back. I talked to John on the phone to request the screws, which I intended to pay for, however; no price was discussed and the screws arrived a few days later. They were the wrong screws though, and another call was placed to John.

He apologized, explaining the screws they sent were for the taller mount (which I though I had) and again John sent out the screws no charge.

That is good customer service, they owed nothing to me, I didn't buy new from them. So there was no benefit for them to assist me for no charge. Yes, screws probably cost them pennies, but to me, it shouldn't matter the cost!

Kit0074, it sounds like you just had a bad experience. I am not sure what country you hail from, but I would guess it has something to do with why they couldn't send you the electronics. Probably something to do with Trade Laws in the USA.