PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense 10.3 bought from Brownells

elpotro
06-08-20, 16:28
Has anyone ever bought a Daniel Defense Product from Brownells? I bought a DD barrel 10.3 and I received a barrel inside a generic cylinder box with no Daniel Defense brand name anywhere in the box. Is this normal or did I get screwed?

SDG8
06-08-20, 16:50
Has anyone ever bought a Daniel Defense Product from Brownells? I bought a DD barrel 10.3 and I received a barrel inside a generic cylinder box with no Daniel Defense brand name anywhere in the box. Is this normal or did I get screwed?

Does the barrel say DD or Daniel Defense anywhere with numbers?

elpotro
06-08-20, 16:54
I says DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7. It also has a serial # on the other side which ends in A/M

SDG8
06-08-20, 16:55
You are good to go then, IMHO.

elpotro
06-08-20, 16:58
Thank you for responding... I am just very surprised that I did not receive my barrel on a DD box... I called Brownells and it is almost impossible to connect and when I connect, they do not have an answer.

06-08-20, 17:22
Thats the same markings that mine has, minus the AM part of the SN.

Marler5811
06-08-20, 18:57
Stripped barrels are shipped in corrugated tubes. White caps on the ends and a label should be located appx center on the tube. Inside, the barrel should be wrapped in a plastic mesh and I think we also put that in a poly tube.

If you get a barrel with with an LPG or FSB attached, that will come in a larger DD Branded Box.

If you have any questions about the authenticity of your purchase, you can always send me photos and I should be able to tell you if it's legit or not.

S/F

Joe

Woollymonster
06-08-20, 21:13
Great barrel. I have one on a MK18 pistol that is about to become an SBR.

elpotro
06-08-20, 22:02
Stripped barrels are shipped in corrugated tubes. White caps on the ends and a label should be located appx center on the tube. Inside, the barrel should be wrapped in a plastic mesh and I think we also put that in a poly tube.

If you get a barrel with with an LPG or FSB attached, that will come in a larger DD Branded Box.

If you have any questions about the authenticity of your purchase, you can always send me photos and I should be able to tell you if it's legit or not.

S/F

Joe

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. That is how it came to me and since I could not get hold of anyone in Brownells I was not sure I was getting the DD barrel I wanted. Thank you so much for your response. Now I can build it with peace of mind. I am a sales rep in a different industry and I can truly appreciate timely responses. Thank you again!

elpotro
06-08-20, 22:03
oh yes! I have never had a negative experience with DD. My first built ever was a DD. I sold it to a friend years later and I regret it now.