PDA

View Full Version : Remington defense 14.5 legitimacy info

Milspec78
06-10-20, 19:44
I have been reading for months about the legitimacy of the currently available Remington defense 14.5” barrels available from a business in Texas,some say they are legitimate are marked as such,some say otherwise.i pulled out the one I bought for my stash and found my barrel had no cut outs and no markings of Provence?but yet the same vendor has the same item I was supposedly sold listed on an auction site.i called and spoke to several customer service representatives and the last person I spoke to was very rude,even swearing at me and discounting my service to our nation...
I was told I was an internet know it all and had no idea what I was purchasing...I would think twice about doing business with any company selling so called Remington defense barrels out of Texas.
I have never had any company’s customer service sell me a freedom group barrel that they were claiming was something else,then treat me like a piece of dog shit when they got called out.
Buyer beware!

markm
06-10-20, 19:54
Wow. They should have just offered to return it and refund you.

docsherm
06-10-20, 20:04
I have been reading for months about the legitimacy of the currently available Remington defense 14.5” barrels available from a business in Texas,some say they are legitimate are marked as such,some say otherwise.i pulled out the one I bought for my stash and found my barrel had no cut outs and no markings of Provence?but yet the same vendor has the same item I was supposedly sold listed on an auction site.i called and spoke to several customer service representatives and the last person I spoke to was very rude,even swearing at me and discounting my service to our nation...
I was told I was an internet know it all and had no idea what I was purchasing...I would think twice about doing business with any company selling so called Remington defense barrels out of Texas.
I have never had any company’s customer service sell me a freedom group barrel that they were claiming was something else,then treat me like a piece of dog shit when they got called out.
Buyer beware!

Same topic?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?222232-Remington-14-5-p-w-upper-from-cdnn&highlight=

Milspec78
06-11-20, 00:41
Same barrel,but I didn’t even realize it wasn’t Remington marked until I read some guys questioning it on another forum,turns out I have one of the barrels in question.

sidewaysil80
06-11-20, 02:06
How did they “discount your service to our nation”?
More so, how did your military service even get brought up?

Milspec78
06-11-20, 05:22
My service was brought up when this customer service representative asked if I even knew what an m4a1 barrel was,my reply was that 4 years in the military and formal training with an m4 was how I knew the difference between an m4 and m4a1.

06-11-20, 08:45
I knew the difference between an m4 and m4a1. FWIW, until fairly recently the difference between the M4 and M4a1 was the function of the third selector position. The M4a1 predates the newer barrel that it gets associated with, and used to be issued with a gov profile barrel. I don’t know if thats relevant to your issues or not, so carry on if this info is useless.

Sry0fcr
06-11-20, 15:24
There were several Remington barrels uppers being sold by CDNN at the time.

If you're referring specifically to the one's that they were selling as Remington Defense compete uppers from your other thread, I called to confirm whether or not they were the M4A1 "heavy" profile barrels at the time because the listing did not specify and was told that they were not.

Sounds like you assumed something that wasn't true and got burned. No need for the CS guy to be a dick though.

SeriousStudent
06-11-20, 17:28
We don't need two threads on the exact same topic.

And I know the company you are talking about. It's where old Bushmaster AR's go to die. Buyer Beware is always a good plan.