PDA

View Full Version : What moa is my aimpoint?

amac
06-16-20, 18:52
I have a T-1, but don’t know which moa version I bought. No box on hand. It’s at least 8 years old. I emailed the serial number to aimpoint asking the same question. They’re a bit slow on the response. Is there another way to determine the moa of my scope?

Thanks

Amac

JulyAZ
06-16-20, 19:13
It should be lasered on the side.
I’ve never owned a micro that didn’t have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amac
06-16-20, 19:40

Unfortunately, it’s not engraved on the side. Just the model and serial number.

The serial starts out W2... Could that indicate 2 moa? I believe it to be 2 moa, but am not sure. I plan to order another and want the same thing.

ggammell
06-16-20, 20:50
No based off several photos I’ve seen. It’s just part of the S/N. Email Aimpoint with the serial. I’m sure they can tell you.

Eurodriver
06-17-20, 02:54

The older ones didn’t.

My understanding is that if it doesn’t say on the side, it’s older and 4moa.

The_War_Wagon
06-17-20, 06:10
The older ones didn’t.

I've still got one from that era I bought new, and it's 4moa. That would be my bet.

amac
06-17-20, 06:57
I've still got one from that era I bought new, and it's 4moa. That would be my bet.

Interesting. I’m watching one on eBay and the photo does show 2 moa engraved on the side. Based on these replies, mine must be older than I think. Still functions like new! If it’s 4moa, I couldn’t imagine wanting anything smaller. On low power, the dot size is perfect for sub 50 yard shots. Waiting on the official word from Aimpoint.

amac
06-17-20, 09:36
Question answered. I actually have an H1 and it is 4moa.

markm
06-17-20, 12:23
I have had 2 MOAs for years, then recently got a 4MOA, and can't really tell the difference. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be of course. But if I didn't know one was 4 moa, I wouldn't even notice.

PracticalRifleman
06-17-20, 13:16
The older ones didn’t.

This is correct. They were all 4MOA. When they came out with a 2MOA they were all marked after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-17-20, 20:21
I have had 2 MOAs for years, then recently got a 4MOA, and can't really tell the difference. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be of course. But if I didn't know one was 4 moa, I wouldn't even notice.

That's because it's not truly 4 MOA, it's more like 3.2 MOA or something like that. I inquired about that a number of years ago, and if I remember correctly, they used the 4 MOA emitter from the Comp series in the early Micros and which made the dot was smaller.

lowprone
06-17-20, 20:40
Does anyone except Eotech produce a 1 moa red dot?