PDA

View Full Version : Which M&P trigger job is most similar to a Glock

seang
11-26-08, 02:21
I just bought my own personal M&P so I can get a trigger job appropriate for duty use. I don't like the stock trigger on our dept. M&P's. I think the Glocks have the best out of box trigger, so I want to closely match this. I don't care about trigger pull weight, in fact I would like to keep the weight as close as stock as possible. I am looking for that glock like reset.

Would getting the performance center sear with a Massachutess trigger bar and spring be my best bet, or would I be better off sending my gun to David Bowie for an "S" type trigger job?

HeadHunter
11-26-08, 20:46
I tried out TLG's pistol with the MA trigger, MA spring, and PC sear. It is sweet. I have the spring, courtesy of Dan Burwell, but it needs the MA trigger bar to fit.

seang
11-26-08, 21:37
Headhunter, Did the trigger seem to have a glock type reset? Thanks

M4arc
11-26-08, 21:58
Headhunter, Did the trigger seem to have a glock type reset? Thanks

Yes, TLG's M&P has a much stronger and pronounced reset. TLG's M&P would be similar to a Glock NY1/#3.5 connector combo. Slightly heavy but smooth and a strong reset.

Robert 02
11-26-08, 22:19
I just bought my own personal M&P so I can get a trigger job appropriate for duty use. I don't like the stock trigger on our dept. M&P's. I think the Glocks have the best out of box trigger, so I want to closely match this. I don't care about trigger pull weight, in fact I would like to keep the weight as close as stock as possible. I am looking for that glock like reset.

Would getting the performance center sear with a Massachutess trigger bar and spring be my best bet, or would I be better off sending my gun to David Bowie for an "S" type trigger job?

I recommend calling David Bowie, I have had my M&P completed with the LX Trigger and he exceuted perfectly. He can discuss the trigger options with you.

Good Luck

HeadHunter
11-27-08, 06:52
Yes, TLG's M&P has a much stronger and pronounced reset. TLG's M&P would be similar to a Glock NY1/#3.5 connector combo. Slightly heavy but smooth and a strong reset.
Good synopsis. It's very usable. TLG used it to shoot the Rogers course and did very well with it. He made Advanced, which only about 5% of students do.

uscbigdawg
11-27-08, 07:10
When it comes to M&P trigger jobs, there's Dan Burwell and everybody else.

Rich

HK45
11-27-08, 12:49
I like Smiths trigger job which includes the performance center sear. Also pretty quick to get the work done.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&content=18302&sectionId=11522

Robb Jensen
11-27-08, 12:51
I like Smiths trigger job which includes the performance center sear. Also pretty quick to get the work done.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&content=18302&sectionId=11522

The Pro sear is nice for pull weight. The reset is still too long IMHO. I also prefer the MA compliant trigger spring which give a very snappy positive reset.

Robb Jensen
11-27-08, 12:52
I tried out TLG's pistol with the MA trigger, MA spring, and PC sear. It is sweet. I have the spring, courtesy of Dan Burwell, but it needs the MA trigger bar to fit.

You can Dremel out a standard trigger bar (the plastic part) to accept a MA spring. That's what mine has.

JohnN
11-27-08, 13:20

Does anyone know if S&W will duplicate Todd's trigger job with added parts or just stick in the Performance Sear?