PDA

View Full Version : Buying Aimpoint on Ebay?

buckshot1220
11-26-08, 06:46
Been seeing a few Comp M4's from a few sellers with $500 starting bids. Checking their feedback/completed sales reveled that they have been ending in the $525 to $575 area, reserve met. All have positive feedback and the Aimpoint looks completely legit. Many of the sellers also sell other gun-related accessories like lights and trace grips with 100% positive feedback. My question is, do I have to worry about buying an Aimpoint on Ebay for some reason I am not aware of?

WasatchAR
11-26-08, 07:25
They could even be a real AP dealer trying to under cut the MAP requirments. But look out, a lot of knock-off M4 sights out there. To stay safe, go to a legit AP dealer.

TehLlama
11-26-08, 10:34
G&P has come out with a copy of the CompM4 model - don't know of any M4S knockoffs that look even close. Be aware on that one.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-26-08, 10:45
I bought a T-1 from SWFA on Ebay. Live/MS has a deal where you can get 25% (Up to $200) rebate on items if you go thru their Live search engine. Must have a paypal account. There is a thread on snipershide:

Sniper's Hide Post on Live Savings (http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=815528#Post815528)

It takes 60 days to get the rebate, but it saved me $140 bucks or so.

buckshot1220
11-26-08, 13:08
I bought a T-1 from SWFA on Ebay. Live/MS has a deal where you can get 25% (Up to $200) rebate on items if you go thru their Live search engine. Must have a paypal account. There is a thread on snipershide:

Sniper's Hide Post on Live Savings (http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=815528#Post815528)

It takes 60 days to get the rebate, but it saved me $140 bucks or so.

I have Paypal and Ebay, I just signed up for the Cashback Program, thank you for the heads up, this will save me a lot of loot.

JSGlock34
11-26-08, 14:37
Look for Smartgunner on Ebay as well. He's another reputable dealer who maintains a storefront on Ebay, and he has attractive bundles for Aimpoints that include mounts and BUIS.

Smart Gunner Ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Smart-Gunner

Smart Gunner on the web http://www.smartgunner.com/

jaydoc1
11-26-08, 19:12
macknlou is another eBay seller that is reputable. Bought an Aimpoint CompM4S from him for $625 Buy-It-Now price with 30% Live Cashback will end up being $437.50. Live Cashback is currently at 25%. Haven't seen 30% in awhile.

jaydoc1
11-26-08, 19:21
Just checked and macknlou has an M4S for $625. After 25% Cashback Live discount you'd be looking at $156.25 coming back to you in 60 days. So basically $468.75 for the M4S.

Fireguy275
11-26-08, 23:10
Bought a T1 from Macknlou for $480. +1

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-26-08, 23:25
In my search for the Live rebate program I found some information that the rebate may go up to 30% on Black Friday.

matthewdanger
11-27-08, 07:15
Sinkhole Sales has some good stuff from time to time and I have had excellent dealings with them.

buckshot1220
12-01-08, 21:04
Wound up pulling the trigger on a CompM4 w/ Free Arms 40L from SWFA on Ebay. I took full advantage of the MS Live Cashback and my Ebay coupon, heres the breakdown.
CompM4 w/Arms 40L "Buy It Now" $700
MS Live Cashback @30% -$200(max allowable, receive in 60 days)
Ebay 10% coupon -$70
Total $430 in change!!!

This program is awesome, thank you to those who have posted and let the rest of us know about it, much appreciated.

Boss Hogg
12-04-08, 18:50
Got a T-1 from Smartgunner/Angula for $519, and a little cashback bonus :D on top of that.

Jimbobaz
12-05-08, 22:52
I bought mine from MackNLou as well, good people and they are local from me.....

Rider79
12-06-08, 21:21
I've bought quite a few items from macknlou as well, always delivers fast, good people. Now how does this Live rebate stuff work? I saw it a few times on eBay, but I figured it was BS so I didn't really look into it.

jaydoc1
12-06-08, 21:29
I've bought quite a few items from macknlou as well, always delivers fast, good people. Now how does this Live rebate stuff work? I saw it a few times on eBay, but I figured it was BS so I didn't really look into it.

Go to www.live.com. Search for "aimpoint" and there should be a link for eBay at the top of the results with a value underneath (currently only 8%, not the best time for the live cashback). Click on the link and then you have to choose the "Buy It Now" option on the item you want. When you click on Buy It Now look next to the "Microsoft Cashback 8%" banner and it should give you a dollar amount (not just say "Microsoft Cashback 8%". If you then proceed to buy the product, you will get that dollar amount back in the appropriate time frame (about 60 days) to your PayPal account.

Since it's only 8% right now, it's not that great a deal.

Medicine Calf
12-07-08, 12:37
Does Aimpoint put out factory seconds or refurbs? If so, is there a way to identify these products from the new ones?

Robb Jensen
12-07-08, 12:39
Does Aimpoint put out factory seconds or refurbs? If so, is there a way to identify these products from the new ones?

Nope they don't.

Medicine Calf
12-07-08, 13:49
That's an excellent policy.

H-D
12-13-08, 01:07
Has anybody tried this "live search" method in the last few days??

Is it still working?

I can't seem to find the discounts :confused:.

nickdrak
12-13-08, 01:15
Another big +1 for MacknLou on Ebay. They are the ONLY seller I can recommend dealing with on ebay for optics other than Grant.

AwaySooner
12-13-08, 01:47
Be patience, Christmas sales is around the corner. Microsoft recently have a little black friday "booboo" (site outage) causing HP to lose a lot of sales. They are scrumbling to get things back on track.

Has anybody tried this "live search" method in the last few days??

Is it still working?

I can't seem to find the discounts :confused:.

JSGlock34
12-13-08, 09:36
The size of the discounts come and go - right now, it is pretty low at 8%. On Black Friday it was at 30% (and a lucky few got a coupon to make it 40%). I expect it will risk again to the 25-30% level around the holidays.

buckshot1220
12-13-08, 10:02
Yeah right now there is no cashback. I expect it to go up as we get closer to Christmas.

SwatDawg15
12-18-08, 22:08
Another big +1 for MacknLou on Ebay. They are the ONLY seller I can recommend dealing with on ebay for optics other than Grant.

+3 for MacknLou I bought some KNS GEN2 MOD 2 pins from him. Extreamly fast shipping and great to deal with.

H-D
12-18-08, 22:22
Yeah right now there is no cashback. I expect it to go up as we get closer to Christmas.

I hope it's sooner than that. Ebay just sent me the 10% off code good through Saturday.
The "livesearch" is still not showing any cashback as of today either :confused:.

Parabellum9x19mm
12-19-08, 01:58
there hasn't been cashback for several days. i'm starting to wish i got in on the 8%

argh!

microsoft tricked me into checking their stupid f'n Live site every for the past few weeks.

i even put it as my homepage because the picture changes everyday.

i'm such a marketing pawn.

ThirdWatcher
12-19-08, 03:18
Look for Smartgunner on Ebay as well. He's another reputable dealer who maintains a storefront on Ebay, and he has attractive bundles for Aimpoints that include mounts and BUIS.

He made me a good deal on my Aimpoint M4s and 3X magnifier. :)

Medicine Calf
12-19-08, 08:54
Got my matte black H-1 from smartgunner for $465. Not the greatest deal, but much better than what's being offered from the usual places. The sweetest deal was his pre-election special of the T-1/Larue combo for $480. Should have gotten a couple of those.

buckshot1220
12-19-08, 22:47
there hasn't been cashback for several days. i'm starting to wish i got in on the 8%

argh!

microsoft tricked me into checking their stupid f'n Live site every for the past few weeks.

i even put it as my homepage because the picture changes everyday.

i'm such a marketing pawn.

Don't feel alone, I check it everyday too... Theres a bunch more stuff I want, money is in my Paypal account just waiting for the cashback to come back.

buckshot1220
12-23-08, 23:52
Got my order from SWFA the other day and mounted the Aimpoint M4 on my Bushmaster O.R.C. and got the range tonight. This thing is great, much quicker to get on target and get consistent hits during "fast fire." I removed the killflash device though as it seemed to, best I can describe, darken and obscure my sight picture. Maybe it will take some getting used to...

I just basically wanted to thank everyone for their input, especially in regards to the Live Cashback program:D Happy and Healthy Holiday's to all!

bkb0000
12-24-08, 00:35
Got my order from SWFA the other day and mounted the Aimpoint M4 on my Bushmaster O.R.C. and got the range tonight. This thing is great, much quicker to get on target and get consistent hits during "fast fire." I removed the killflash device though as it seemed to, best I can describe, darken and obscure my sight picture. Maybe it will take some getting used to...

I just basically wanted to thank everyone for their input, especially in regards to the Live Cashback program:D Happy and Healthy Holiday's to all!

right on.. got the aimpoint.. you're almost all set. now you just gotta do something about that bushy

jaydoc1
12-24-08, 10:05
I removed the killflash device though as it seemed to, best I can describe, darken and obscure my sight picture. Maybe it will take some getting used to...

Unless your range is different than mine and the targets return fire at your optic's reflections, I think you'll be OK. :p