PDA

View Full Version : Chinese troops be gettin' medievel on India...

Slater
06-18-20, 14:23
Some pretty nasty sticks there. India is not very happy:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/picture-emerges-spiked-weapon-used-114452424.html

gaijin
06-18-20, 15:26
“Unarmed patrol” is the first part of their problem.

sgtrock82
06-18-20, 15:41
“Unarmed patrol” is the first part of their problem.Seriously, thats usually called a "hike". Sometimes its called a "fund raiser" but it seems to be in the spirit of things being that they were set up by chinese "soldiers" wielding.... spiked clubs?!

Are both countries broke or something?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Ron3
06-18-20, 15:46
In some of the old PC games some of the best / funnest "rules" were "Pistols and hand grenades and any armor only".

I propose they try that.

Slater
06-18-20, 16:03
Apparently, in the "DMZ" (or whatever it's called) between the two countries, no firearms are allowed in that region, by treaty.

Grand58742
06-18-20, 16:54
The world's two most populated nations with nuclear arms at each other's throats? (not that they haven't been for a long time)

Normally, I'd say it'll blow over, but with the way 2020 is going so far...

Co-gnARR
06-18-20, 17:03
Apparently, in the "DMZ" (or whatever it's called) between the two countries, no firearms are allowed in that region, by treaty.

I’ve heard similar things about North Korean troops slipping over and clubbing people to death before disappearing.

ABNAK
06-18-20, 17:28
I’ve heard similar things about North Korean troops slipping over and clubbing people to death before disappearing.

Well there was the 1976 "Tree-trimming incident".

We were about to push their shit in afterwards and had the forces in the air, on the sea, and on the ground to do it. We went in and didn't trim it, we cut that mother****r down! The Norks wisely didn't contest it.

Co-gnARR
06-18-20, 18:40
Well there was the 1976 "Tree-trimming incident".

We were about to push their shit in afterwards and had the forces in the air, on the sea, and on the ground to do it. We went in and didn't trim it, we cut that mother****r down! The Norks wisely didn't contest it.

That sounds about right. I was having a discussion with a Marine who was there around that time and he mentioned protocol changes following some Americans getting beaten to death.

BoringGuy45
06-18-20, 19:48
This happens from time to time between China and India; China doesn't like India much better than Pakistan. There's so many disputed territories on both sides of the border. The thing is, India and China are a match for one another and even a non-nuclear war would be devastating on both countries. So normally I would doubt that either side would want to go to war with the other. But this is 2020, so...we'll see...

Johnny Rico
06-18-20, 22:01
China and India would’ve gone to a full shooting war long ago if they weren’t separated by the Himalayas. “Good fences make good neighbors” and all that. But it looks like the two belligerents are determined to put that little bit of wisdom to the test.

ThirdWatcher
06-19-20, 04:57
Man, the older I get the more I hate war. I’m just an old Cold Warrior but I have family (children & cousins) serving in the Army...

Alpha-17
06-19-20, 07:56
I've found it interesting watching people realize that world politics isn't a 2 player game, but that plenty of other countries have issue with China too. I don't see this escalating beyond some more border clashes. They've fought before and will likely fight again. Two rising nations in proximity to each other tend to do that, unless they can establish common ground.

It's also interesting watching the media try to cover this. I saw a headline on Monday about "Indian troops Slaughter Chinese in Border Clash" like it was some sort of horrible, one sided affair. Nah, just people getting into a scuffle and beating the crap out of each other.

ThirdWatcher
06-22-20, 05:31
I swore off the MSM a long time ago. You guys give me plenty to think about. :)