PDA

View Full Version : Antifa-viewpoint AAR of the Minneapolis disaster: "siege of the third precinct"

SomeOtherGuy
06-18-20, 16:51
https://crimethinc.com/2020/06/10/the-siege-of-the-third-precinct-in-minneapolis-an-account-and-analysis

Far left site, I am in no way affiliated with it but came across it. It's very long and detailed. Describes the whole setup, the systematic use of "nonviolent" people to enable the violent ones, etc.

Pretty much everyone interested in the GD should read this. If you are a LEO with any, ANY chance of being on riot duty, you MUST read this.

New thread because this would fit best in the closed Floyd thread, mods can of course move it wherever they think it fits best.

stahljaeger
06-18-20, 17:05
I found the use of lasers to blind horrible, that causes permanent eye damage. How do you defend yourself against that?

Laser goggles can really only handle one clot before they block all vision anyway, and lasers are readily available in all sorts of frequencies from infrared, red, green, blue. Lasers outrage less-lethal options, and while I think lethal force is justified, I don’t think that is going to fly in the current legal environment.

Get your own lasers?

ABNAK
06-18-20, 17:32
I found the use of lasers to blind horrible, that causes permanent eye damage. How do you defend yourself against that?

Laser goggles can really only handle one clot before they block all vision anyway, and lasers are readily available in all sorts of frequencies from infrared, red, green, blue. Lasers outrage less-lethal options, and while I think lethal force is justified, I don’t think that is going to fly in the current legal environment.

Get your own lasers?

Yep, one mounted on a weapon. Then instead of permanent eye damage you have a new hole in the head allowing access to what little gray matter they have. :rolleyes:

Wildcat
06-18-20, 18:06

Get your own lasers?
Lots of smoke reduces the effectiveness of lasers and helps track the origin of visible lasers as well as alerts you to their use. IR or UV would be bad though. Not many good options

You also have to train, or be trained, not to instinctively look at a light source you suspect could be a laser. Also not easy.

ap1220
06-18-20, 18:17
Reading through it now. I hope this makes its way to LEO authorities and made useful.

Jellybean
06-18-20, 22:55
In case anyone still thought they could "educate" or "conserve" their way out of this...

They're done talking, and they don't care about the legal consequences because they no longer view it as "their" system.
We're still hamstrung over what to do for ourselves, let alone how to do it or who to do it with, because we're afraid of running afoul of the very system we've created and feel some strange need to uphold, despite it having backstabbed us for decades now.

"... It is their right, it is their duty, to throw off government and to provide new guards for their future security..."

Sounds a lot like "become ungovernable" doesn't it?
Maybe we should consider why the left has actionably grasped such a dearly spoken of concept of ours more thoroughly than we have.

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED226/5edd5593f2e6a.jpeg

rero360
06-19-20, 08:20
Here in Los Angeles, I personally saw protestors come up to the police officers and point out the agitators and tell the cops if they knew if the person had weapons on them or not. One case it was a guy with a backpack that had knives and fireworks, can’t remember if there were bricks too. Talking to the cops afterwards they said they had been getting tips from protestors all that morning saying that the guy was armed, once they had eyes on they tailed him and grabbed him right across the street from us at LAPD HQ.

I’m sure it’s not like that elsewhere, just what I experienced here.

SomeOtherGuy
06-19-20, 08:28
Here in Los Angeles, I personally saw protestors come up to the police officers and point out the agitators and tell the cops if they knew if the person had weapons on them or not. One case it was a guy with a backpack that had knives and fireworks, can’t remember if there were bricks too. Talking to the cops afterwards they said they had been getting tips from protestors all that morning saying that the guy was armed, once they had eyes on they tailed him and grabbed him right across the street from us at LAPD HQ.

I’m sure it’s not like that elsewhere, just what I experienced here.

I've read reports of similar in a few other places, but there are obviously other places where the mob wanted the violence. I don't know how police would tell, in advance, which type of crowd/mob they are dealing with.

jbjh
06-19-20, 11:35
Interesting read. Sounds like it was written by a college drop-out turned coffee shop revolutionary.

A lot of it comes off as heroic fiction used to reframe, inflate, and propagandize their position - “I was totally using tactics in the uprising.” The author wants to claim responsibility for collaborative actions, but also asserts that things were “fluid”, which, I think, points to their trying to take credit for a situation that was well beyond their control, while being as opportunistic as they could.

I have no doubt that this group (?) was involved, and might have had a plan and goals going in, but I wonder how instrumental they were in what was a 3-day melee.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Hank6046
06-19-20, 12:26
Interesting read. Sounds like it was written by a college drop-out turned coffee shop revolutionary.

A lot of it comes off as heroic fiction used to reframe, inflate, and propagandize their position - “I was totally using tactics in the uprising.” The author wants to claim responsibility for collaborative actions, but also asserts that things were “fluid”, which, I think, points to their trying to take credit for a situation that was well beyond their control, while being as opportunistic as they could.

I have no doubt that this group (?) was involved, and might have had a plan and goals going in, but I wonder how instrumental they were in what was a 3-day melee.

Sent from 80ms in the future

I have a hard time thinking this is an actual group, and not just a drug and alcohol fueled mob. I grew up here, Saint Paul/Eagan, to be exact and I think about all the lower middle class kids from the suburbs who got into college but couldn't afford it and were fired because they were to busy catching Pokemon, they then read some Trotsky and think that they have it all figured out. I only say this because if it wasn't for the Military and my grand parents intervening at about age 15, I might have become one of them. Growing up as a Millennial (34 now) I think that kids see technology gains and the internet and now their lives are easier, but a fact still remains that you have to go out and work for something in this life, and from what I see with this movement, these kids/ adults just thought it would have been and in their minds, should be, easier.

Dr. Bullseye
06-19-20, 12:42
This is the Domestic Enemy the founders talked about. I have never had the slightest desire to fight with North Koreans, or Viet Cong or North Vietnamese, or Iranians or Iraqis. But I have always recognized these people as my true enemies and I have always wanted to do battle with them to the death. No truce, no treaty, no deal, no live and let live---victory or death. These people want to replace my culture, country, heroes with their culture, country, heroes. They want to enslave my children and grandchildren simply because they are white. In fact, they want to enslave all white people in a kind of economic black communism. I have nothing better to do with the rest of my life than stop these people. In fact, I don't want to even hear about foreign wars or foreign warriors until this threat is eradicated, utterly, once and for all.

Why is this Civil War taking so long?

glocktogo
06-19-20, 14:17
Regardless of how organized/unorganized or unitized they were, the results speak for themselves. What they're doing is more critical intel to the front line guys than who they are or why they're doing it.

Hank6046
06-19-20, 14:18
Regardless of how organized/unorganized or unitized they were, the results speak for themselves. What they're doing is more critical intel to the front line guys than who they are or why they're doing it.

Well said.

Diamondback
06-19-20, 15:24
This part's where they confess to a Federal crime, lasering an aircraft...
"In the grammar of the Hong Kong movement, those who operate laser pointers are referred to as “light mages.” As was the case in Hong Kong, Chile, and elsewhere in 2019, some people came prepared with laser pointers to attack the optical capacity of the police. ... The upside of laser pointers is immense: they momentarily compromise the eyesight of the police on the ground and they can disable police surveillance drones by interfering with their infrared sensors and obstacle-detection cameras. ... If a crowd is particularly dense and visually difficult to discern, lasers can be used to chase away police helicopters. This was successfully demonstrated on Day Three following the retreat of the police from the Third Precinct, as well as on Day Four in the vicinity of the Fifth Precinct battle."

Belmont31R
06-19-20, 18:58
Does anyone know why these types of crowd dispersal devices aren't used? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Don't discount how organized these people are. They study and communicate with other far leftist groups all around the world, and have sent people to leftist peshmerga groups in Syria to get trained. As to how well they coordinate on the ground is a debatable discussion but its certainly not a lack of effort. Theres also a reason why the media keeps talking about 'peaceful protestors' while showing images of buildings on fire and reporters getting attacked. They do not want the public to know who these people are and just how subversive the far left is to the country. The use of literal and figurative smoke screens are a huge tactic they employ until they get to a point where the masks and hiding in the shadows is no longer needed.

SteyrAUG
06-19-20, 19:13
In case anyone still thought they could "educate" or "conserve" their way out of this...

They're done talking, and they don't care about the legal consequences because they no longer view it as "their" system.
We're still hamstrung over what to do for ourselves, let alone how to do it or who to do it with, because we're afraid of running afoul of the very system we've created and feel some strange need to uphold, despite it having backstabbed us for decades now.

"... It is their right, it is their duty, to throw off government and to provide new guards for their future security..."

Sounds a lot like "become ungovernable" doesn't it?
Maybe we should consider why the left has actionably grasped such a dearly spoken of concept of ours more thoroughly than we have.

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED226/5edd5593f2e6a.jpeg

There is also the fact that most of us have jobs, responsibilities, families and things to lose while most of the autonomous zone has nothing at risks and loses nothing each time they get arrested.

For everyone here, an arrest, especially one involving a firearm would be life changing. So you are going to have to forgive us if we aren't ready to seize private and public property by force.

SteyrAUG
06-19-20, 19:15
This part's where they confess to a Federal crime, lasering an aircraft...
"In the grammar of the Hong Kong movement, those who operate laser pointers are referred to as “light mages.” As was the case in Hong Kong, Chile, and elsewhere in 2019, some people came prepared with laser pointers to attack the optical capacity of the police. ... The upside of laser pointers is immense: they momentarily compromise the eyesight of the police on the ground and they can disable police surveillance drones by interfering with their infrared sensors and obstacle-detection cameras. ... If a crowd is particularly dense and visually difficult to discern, lasers can be used to chase away police helicopters. This was successfully demonstrated on Day Three following the retreat of the police from the Third Precinct, as well as on Day Four in the vicinity of the Fifth Precinct battle."

You need to strongly consider that the police department in question was under orders to cooperate and stand down. I wouldn't use Seattle as a model for tactics.

Co-gnARR
06-19-20, 20:58
Does anyone know why these types of crowd dispersal devices aren't used? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Don't discount how organized these people are. They study and communicate with other far leftist groups all around the world, and have sent people to leftist peshmerga groups in Syria to get trained. As to how well they coordinate on the ground is a debatable discussion but its certainly not a lack of effort. Theres also a reason why the media keeps talking about 'peaceful protestors' while showing images of buildings on fire and reporters getting attacked. They do not want the public to know who these people are and just how subversive the far left is to the country. The use of literal and figurative smoke screens are a huge tactic they employ until they get to a point where the masks and hiding in the shadows is no longer needed.

I was thinking the same thing. One prototype variant I saw had the ability to induce peristalsis via directed sound waves. In other words, the device could be focused and the target would uncontrollably crap themselves.
Another device oscillated at frequencies that would cause intense burning sensations on skin, with out actually causing any real harm.

Jellybean
06-20-20, 00:45
There is also the fact that most of us have jobs, responsibilities, families and things to lose while most of the autonomous zone has nothing at risks and loses nothing each time they get arrested.

For everyone here, an arrest, especially one involving a firearm would be life changing. So you are going to have to forgive us if we aren't ready to seize private and public property by force.

Yes, that first sentence was exactly my point. That's why they are successful; I mean it's literally stated outright in the article, and something that has been rather clear to see for some time, even without said article.
It's a simple statement of fact. A bit blunt, sure, but just because you don't like it doesn't make it less true.

Diamondback
06-20-20, 01:42
You need to strongly consider that the police department in question was under orders to cooperate and stand down. I wouldn't use Seattle as a model for tactics.

I'm not. What I'm saying is if they declare perpetration of a Federal crime, take them at their word and prosecute accordingly. :)

SteyrAUG
06-20-20, 02:42
I'm not. What I'm saying is if they declare perpetration of a Federal crime, take them at their word and prosecute accordingly. :)

In Seattle they have taken both private and public property by force of arms and the moonbat mayor called them patriotic. I don't think anyone is going to do anything about laser misuse.

The only thing to be gained from that article is the learn their stated tactics should you find them on YOUR main street in your town.

SteyrAUG
06-20-20, 02:43
Yes, that first sentence was exactly my point. That's why they are successful; I mean it's literally stated outright in the article, and something that has been rather clear to see for some time, even without said article.
It's a simple statement of fact. A bit blunt, sure, but just because you don't like it doesn't make it less true.

The good news is when they finally go a bridge too far and the shooting starts, after the first one the rest are free.

ABNAK
06-20-20, 09:00
In Seattle they have taken both private and public property by force of arms and the moonbat mayor called them patriotic. I don't think anyone is going to do anything about laser misuse.

The only thing to be gained from that article is the learn their stated tactics should you find them on YOUR main street in your town.

Diligently searches online for lasers......:rolleyes:

jpmuscle
06-20-20, 09:17
Yea I’m not seeing the downside to burning out retinas under IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
06-20-20, 10:30
Yea I’m not seeing the downside to burning out retinas under IR

Hey, if it's good for the goose..... ;)

sandsunsurf
06-20-20, 11:02

Which is why we need to stop welfare, 100%. If you need a job to eat and pay rent, then you don’t have time to bitch about whatever is the hot topic of the week.

Unemployment insurance should continue to be a thing. Otherwise people need to work, or rely on family or church. Truly disabled people I can have some compassion for, so some SSDI is probably ok, but not the “I have anxiety so I don’t work, I just drink a fifth of vodka a day while watching Days of Our Lives.”

SteyrAUG
06-20-20, 18:44
Which is why we need to stop welfare, 100%. If you need a job to eat and pay rent, then you don’t have time to bitch about whatever is the hot topic of the week.

Unemployment insurance should continue to be a thing. Otherwise people need to work, or rely on family or church. Truly disabled people I can have some compassion for, so some SSDI is probably ok, but not the “I have anxiety so I don’t work, I just drink a fifth of vodka a day while watching Days of Our Lives.”

That would solve some of it, but most "professional activists" are either adult children still living with mommy and daddy and fully supported or modern day hobos who minivan from event to event begging, stealing or living off donations.

I suspect most of the professional activists are too mobile to qualify for government assistance which usually is managed by independent state offices and require verifiable addresses to receive benefits. Back in the 70s and 80s, you'd be dead on target, today we are dealing with a different kind of animal.

Despite having virtually no personal income, they travel globally protesting events like the WTO meetings. While the individuals themselves might be little more than cannon fodder who exist only to be pepper sprayed, arrested or possibly even shot, there is an organization level that is well funded enough to find, recruit and deploy these individuals as needed. Sadly they have also learned to be effective force multipliers who can attract and motivate the local activists types of the zip codes they descend upon.

Belmont31R
06-20-20, 23:51
That would solve some of it, but most "professional activists" are either adult children still living with mommy and daddy and fully supported or modern day hobos who minivan from event to event begging, stealing or living off donations.

I suspect most of the professional activists are too mobile to qualify for government assistance which usually is managed by independent state offices and require verifiable addresses to receive benefits. Back in the 70s and 80s, you'd be dead on target, today we are dealing with a different kind of animal.

Despite having virtually no personal income, they travel globally protesting events like the WTO meetings. While the individuals themselves might be little more than cannon fodder who exist only to be pepper sprayed, arrested or possibly even shot, there is an organization level that is well funded enough to find, recruit and deploy these individuals as needed. Sadly they have also learned to be effective force multipliers who can attract and motivate the local activists types of the zip codes they descend upon.

I remember during Occupy someone did an attire breakdown of one of the all black skinny ****ers and the jacket they were wearing was some designer leather gig that was hundreds of dollars. Absolutely true quite a few of these losers are children of wealthy liberals who've never been told no, and view this as some sort of guilt clearing exercise and/or just to actually 'test' themselves because they had a silver spoon in their hand their entire upbringing.

Jocko actually mentioned they had a dude in the teams who was from a family like that but put that energy into a high optempo military career. The guy never mentioned his family wealth to anyone but someone happened to look into his last name and found out who his family was. Dude was basically filthy rich and didn't have to be there at all to get a paycheck but was there anyways. Unfortunately a lot of these losers choose the urban safari route instead and play the LARP marxist revolutionary cosplay angle.

jpmuscle
06-21-20, 00:10
I remember during Occupy someone did an attire breakdown of one of the all black skinny ****ers and the jacket they were wearing was some designer leather gig that was hundreds of dollars. Absolutely true quite a few of these losers are children of wealthy liberals who've never been told no, and view this as some sort of guilt clearing exercise and/or just to actually 'test' themselves because they had a silver spoon in their hand their entire upbringing.

Jocko actually mentioned they had a dude in the teams who was from a family like that but put that energy into a high optempo military career. The guy never mentioned his family wealth to anyone but someone happened to look into his last name and found out who his family was. Dude was basically filthy rich and didn't have to be there at all to get a paycheck but was there anyways. Unfortunately a lot of these losers choose the urban safari route instead and play the LARP marxist revolutionary cosplay angle.

When Antifa and the like spun up in DC a significant chunk of them literally just walked down the street from Georgetown and American.

06-21-20, 22:36

Jocko actually mentioned they had a dude in the teams who was from a family like that but put that energy into a high optempo military career. The guy never mentioned his family wealth to anyone but someone happened to look into his last name and found out who his family was. Dude was basically filthy rich and didn't have to be there at all to get a paycheck but was there anyways.

I’ve actually known quite a few of those types, as well as a couple that were literally homeless prior to their participation in the GWOT. Some of the wealth I’ve encountered has boggled my younger mind, in that it was hard to even understand that such things exist. Like having an elevator in your house. One of my best friends is silly rich. Like absolutely beyond comprehension rich. I don’t even have the right words to describe it. On the other side of the coin, some of my best friends know how to pick the right spot for dumpster diving.

When Antifa and the like spun up in DC a significant chunk of them literally just walked down the street from Georgetown and American.

Hardly surprising. Those are the same @@@@ers that crowd a bar not buying shit, making it hard to get up there to buy a drink.

SteyrAUG
06-21-20, 23:57
One of my best friends is silly rich. Like absolutely beyond comprehension rich. I don’t even have the right words to describe it. On the other side of the coin, some of my best friends know how to pick the right spot for dumpster diving.

It's even funnier / stranger when it's the same person. One of my teachers has been so far up that Elvis Presley knew his name and he was a regular backstage and with his own hotel room on the floor Elvis rented out during Vegas tours and at other times in his life he was literally living in his van. The guy has been way up about three times and down pretty hard twice. The worst part was last time he did the money crunch (wife left him, took kids, killed him financially with the divorce) everyone who gave a damn about him was also in a money crunch (right after the housing market took a dump).

Main thing I've learned from all of that is money comes and money goes. Enjoy it while you have it and make some fun memories for family and friends and learn how to live life without it. And probably best to learn how to fly in the middle ground because one of the quickest ways to lose everything is trying to get rich quick.