PDA

View Full Version : 6.8 mag question

dtibbals
11-26-08, 10:03
I have an LMT with the Monolithic Rail Platform and have been thinking about buying a 6.8 barrel for it. My question is do I need to buy 6.8 specific mags or will my standard 5.56 mags work? Mostly running Pmags if that makes any difference.

Thanks
David

Dave L.
11-26-08, 10:14
Yes you need new mags.
Best choices are PRI "Waffle" pattern 6.8 mags and the Barrett 6.8 mags.
Stay away from C-Products, they are hit or miss.

deltaARman
12-15-08, 00:21
I've found that the Barrett mags are the best, a little pricey (that friggin' Barrett logo) but all mine perform flawlessly.

.223 is just a pissed off .22
GO big or GO home

Dave L.
12-15-08, 00:32
I've found that the Barrett mags are the best, a little pricey (that friggin' Barrett logo) but all mine perform flawlessly.

Which other 6.8 mags have you used? What flaws did you find with other mags?
I'm thinking of getting one as my primary just because they hold 30 rounds, so any technical info you have would be great.

Cagemonkey
12-15-08, 19:07
I hope I'm not violating any forum rules. I have 16 new in the wrapper PRI 6.8 28rd mags for sale. I posted these a while back on the forum. I'm going to edit the post. I'll sell them for $30 each. I was all excited about the caliber, but without military adoption, I feel it will be a fringe caliber that will always be expensive. Right now I'm trying to stock up on all the .223/5.56 I can.

deltaARman
12-15-08, 22:48
I bought the rifle used, and it didn't come with any mags. So I bought 2 c-product mags for like 17-18 bucks a peice. Was having feeding problems so I checked all the normal problem makers. Feed ramps, ammo, gas block. Anyways my barrett mags finally come in and the rifle fed perfectly. The Barrett mags seem well put together and sturdier than cproduct mags. Im not tryin to down play c-products stuff, I had a couple of their .223 mags that never gave me a problem. Barrett just seems well built. And when it comes down to it reliability matters~! more to me than anything. If I have to pay 40-50 bucks for a mag that I know is goin to work everytime or a 17-18 dollar mag thats hit and miss...... well I'll let you be the judge...