PDA

View Full Version : AR Match Triggers?

VA_Dinger
06-18-06, 03:00
Which match trigger is the most reliable? Which gives the best trigger feel? Is the KAC still the industry best?

Ice Cream Man
06-18-06, 05:16
I have been hearing good things about Geissele triggers haven't tried one myself but everyone I know that has one loves them.

bigbore
06-18-06, 08:32
From the head of the AMU

The US Army Marksmanship Unit has begun technical inspections of the 3rd Infantry Division's 275 M16A4 Designated Marksman Rifles now that they have returned from Iraq and have enjoyed their 30-day leave.

The results will surprise the Army -- on the GOOD side.

Our inspections are again showing that the Knight trigger has enough durability issues (even though it is a very low density National Stock Number item) that the Geissele trigger may indeed be the way forward in the evolution of the Army's M16A4 DM Rifle.

Not to go into too many details until we get a look at the other 3/4s of the rifles, but the red Lock-tite we used on the screws held in all instances. On first report for this batch of rifles, either the Knight trigger's metallurgy or surface hardening is its weak area.

The Geissele is leaps and bounds a better trigger than the KAC. If you find someone who has owned both, they will probably agree.

Dport
06-18-06, 08:49
Where does one procure one of these Geissele triggers?

C4IGrant
06-18-06, 09:32
Where does one procure one of these Geissele triggers?

I have them in stock. I would agree with Steve that the Geissele is the best trigger available. Next in line is the KAC IMHO.

C4

Dport
06-18-06, 10:34
I have them in stock. I would agree with Steve that the Geissele is the best trigger available. Next in line is the KAC IMHO.

C4
So they're relatively easy to get? Not something that is routinely backordered? What's the MAP?

brasidas
06-18-06, 23:02
So they're relatively easy to get? Not something that is routinely backordered? What's the MAP?
They were backordered until just recently. Everybody sells them for about $280, which I think is a little less than the KAC.

Geissele is coming out with a non adjustable two stage later this year (set at 2.5/1.5 pounds), which will apparently retail for $150 or so.

VA_Dinger
06-18-06, 23:06
Geissele is coming out with a non adjustable two stage later this year (set at 2.5/1.5 pounds), which will apparently retail for $150 or so.

That sounds a little light for my tastes.

jmart
06-18-06, 23:49
That's a two stage trigger for a combined weight of 4 lbs. Mr G. posted that they will be adjustable by an armoroer during installation, but they wouldn't be user adjustable. Not sure how that would work, but that's what he said. I suppose if you wanted to bump it up to 5 - 6 lbs that could be accomplished.

altav
06-19-06, 19:55
From the head of the AMU

The Geissele is leaps and bounds a better trigger than the KAC. If you find someone who has owned both, they will probably agree.

I own both (and a few others) and the Geissele is the best IMHO. I'm looking forward to their large pin version for Colts.

Dport
06-19-06, 19:56
What kind of trigger pull does the current Geissele have?

C4IGrant
06-19-06, 20:14
What kind of trigger pull does the current Geissele have?

Here is their web site so you can get the different weights on their triggers.

http://www.geissele.com/

C4

bigbore
06-19-06, 20:50
I own both (and a few others) and the Geissele is the best IMHO. I'm looking forward to their large pin version for Colts.

The large pin is just as good - I used mine this weekend for the first time and shot a personal best with my AR @1K yds!

dubb-1
07-07-06, 11:47
Showoff.

He is correct though!

Cold
07-09-06, 21:27

C4

I ordered 2 from G&R in march, to use for our video, and I will tell you, they are slick, I dont have time to tune a trigger and it was the best option I read about...took a chance on it, and it was a great buy!

Nitrox
07-09-06, 23:06
I have a full-auto CMC trigger if anyone is interested. :D

Loner
07-10-06, 03:35
I have a FA Colt LPK and I want to improve the trigger pull. What's a good aftermarket match trigger? I'm assuming I will only change the trigger and spring and keep the FA hammer/disconnector?

KevinB
07-10-06, 08:07
Not sure about the G - but KAC's replaces the trigger, disconnector and hammer (plus springs)

THellURider
07-10-06, 11:49
I ordered 2 from G&R in march, to use for our video, and I will tell you, they are slick, I dont have time to tune a trigger and it was the best option I read about...took a chance on it, and it was a great buy!

I believe that was my conclusion. ;) :p

Loner
07-11-06, 03:22
Not sure about the G - but KAC's replaces the trigger, disconnector and hammer (plus springs)

I was thinking in the line of something more affordable yet provide a better triggerpull than the stock and still retain FA capability.

Hoplophile
07-11-06, 07:23
The G. is a complete replacement. Doesn't use a stock disconnector design.