PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Industries...complete uppers. Thoughts?

pag23
06-24-20, 22:09
Not really familiar with them, so I figured I would ask the opinion of those who might know.

The barrels are chambered in 223 Wylde and Melonite with a 1/8 twist

This would be for a spare AR lower, nothing for competion, just for HD and range.

Thanks!

FightinQ
06-24-20, 22:25
Criterion makes their barrels for MI, definitely worth it in my opinion.

everready73
06-25-20, 09:24
They use Criterion barrels as stated above and do also offer chrome lined options (priced more than than nitride). I am guessing they are GTG based off of other products of theirs i have used

They seem to be in the same ballpark price wise as BCM depending on style. If it were me i would wait until Primary arms had a sale on these, BCM, or Sionics and grab whatever fits your application.

I have seen the Sionics Uppers under $500 on sale at PA, but stock has been limited recently

pag23
06-25-20, 18:41
They use Criterion barrels as stated above and do also offer chrome lined options (priced more than than nitride). I am guessing they are GTG based off of other products of theirs i have used

They seem to be in the same ballpark price wise as BCM depending on style. If it were me i would wait until Primary arms had a sale on these, BCM, or Sionics and grab whatever fits your application.

I have seen the Sionics Uppers under $500 on sale at PA, but stock has been limited recently

Yeah, my first choice was BCM but they are out unless I get a LW middy, but for almost the same price I can get the MIdwest with a rail. I am not in a rush and the 4th of July sales upcoming....if there is anything worth getting.

everready73
06-26-20, 09:18
If looking for BCM make sure to check G&R tactical and Primary arms. They carry their uppers

You could just splurge and get the Centurion CM4 complete rifle for $1200 ;)