PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Police Ambushed using 911 Call

n517rv
06-25-20, 07:55
I tried seeing if this was already discussed in another tread and couldn't find anything. Of course this isn't getting much attention in the MSM other than on Fox News:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tampa-officers-injured-hundreds-ambush-police-video

9 squat cars dispatched via an urgent 911 call of shots fired and a "victim" down. The purpose of the call was to dispatch the police so they could ambush them and destroy their squat cars. WTF is going on this world???

I can't imagine what it's like being a police officer right now. If you're a Tampa officer what goes through your mind the next time you get an urgent 911 call of shots fired?

Whiskey_Bravo
06-25-20, 08:32
I tried seeing if this was already discussed in another tread and couldn't find anything. Of course this isn't getting much attention in the MSM other than on Fox News:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tampa-officers-injured-hundreds-ambush-police-video

9 squat cars dispatched via an urgent 911 call of shots fired and a "victim" down. The purpose of the call was to dispatch the police so they could ambush them and destroy their squat cars. WTF is going on this world???

I can't imagine what it's like being a police officer right now. If you're a Tampa officer what goes through your mind the next time you get an urgent 911 call of shots fired?

Saw that on Fox. Pretty crazy. I can't imagine that is going to help response times for people actually in need going forward.

FightinQ
06-25-20, 08:38
I feel like there needs to be a detachment of NG on standby as a QRF. Many will see that as militarization and choose to ignore the fact that we're dealing with terrorists.

Jellybean
06-25-20, 10:17
Well...at least this time they only threw bottles...
But this was a success for the rioters; only 1 person arrested?
Bet this starts happening more.

teufelhund1918
06-25-20, 10:23
This tactic of using 911 for nefarious plots has been used before to ambush and kill cops. Happened in New York a lot a year or so ago if I remember right, along with some other spots in the US. The leftists also used the 911 system to try to get Wayne LaPierre shot. They called it SWATting. I guess when you're responding to what you think is a legit call, you get kind of a tunnel vision and don't think that something like this would happen. If that is the game they want to play, then I would say all bets off the table and respond with maximum force.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/new-york-man-sentenced-for-serial-911-swat-calls-to-celebrities-homes-id-theft/2016/07/11/24b60d16-478c-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html

Alpha-17
06-25-20, 11:29
Not much of an ambush on arrival, more of a flash mob (or planned mob) that the police weren't equipped to handle (ie, not in riot order). A true ambush would have been a lot worse for them.

That said, I'm surprised we don't see that more often, and with more deadly results. If there really is a "war on police" and people are luring in cops for an "ambush" you'd think the end result would be more than thrown bottles and rocks. Are they testing the system? Gauging response times? Relying on the age-old (and thus far successful) tactic of triggering an overreaction by the police? Interesting times we live in.

Diamondback
06-25-20, 12:06
This tactic of using 911 for nefarious plots has been used before to ambush and kill cops. Happened in New York a lot a year or so ago if I remember right, along with some other spots in the US. The leftists also used the 911 system to try to get Wayne LaPierre shot. They called it SWATting. I guess when you're responding to what you think is a legit call, you get kind of a tunnel vision and don't think that something like this would happen. If that is the game they want to play, then I would say all bets off the table and respond with maximum force.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/new-york-man-sentenced-for-serial-911-swat-calls-to-celebrities-homes-id-theft/2016/07/11/24b60d16-478c-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html

The Left has a LONG history with SWATting, trying to dupe the police into doing for them what they're too sissybitch to do for themselves.

Business_Casual
06-25-20, 12:41
Are they testing the system? Gauging response times? Relying on the age-old (and thus far successful) tactic of triggering an overreaction by the police? Interesting times we live in.

Based on open source intel shared here and other places on their organization and communication grids, along with claimed training in recent conflicts, I’d guess testing and op planning.

THCDDM4
06-25-20, 12:53
Based on open source intel shared here and other places on their organization and communication grids, along with claimed training in recent conflicts, I’d guess testing and op planning.

This was my first thought when reading the article. This was absolutely a way to gain intel on response times, maneuvers and tactics they would face in a real situation.

These people are getting trained by the CIA in some way. All of this is exactly what the CIA does in other countries to foment dissent and revolution to overthrow and install the leaders they want.

It's why the voting box will become a tool of the past very soon. Sadly. Don't like how people vote and who they want in office, just create a revolt based on race or class find a flash point to exploit and mobilize and tear down those in charge.

We've seen this over and over in other countries and now it's coming home to roost.

I hope folks are seeing it for what it is and preparing to take it head on, we are in a civil war, it's Luke warm, but will go hot eventually, they are literally in the streets tearing down the culture and stating that they want to replace it by force if we do not just give in to their demands.

No doubt in my mind at this point- we're beyond the pale and there is no going back by any non-violent means. It's a shitty realization to come to.

Business_Casual
06-25-20, 15:07
It is already happening, in my opinion.

Check your privilege = struggle sessions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struggle_session

Ohsheepdog01
06-25-20, 16:15
Not much of an ambush on arrival, more of a flash mob (or planned mob) that the police weren't equipped to handle (ie, not in riot order). A true ambush would have been a lot worse for them.

That said, I'm surprised we don't see that more often, and with more deadly results. If there really is a "war on police" and people are luring in cops for an "ambush" you'd think the end result would be more than thrown bottles and rocks. Are they testing the system? Gauging response times? Relying on the age-old (and thus far successful) tactic of triggering an overreaction by the police? Interesting times we live in.Completely disagree it "wasn't much if an ambush" and the TWO officers that found themselves violently attacked by several HUNDRED idiots would agree with me. It fits the very definition of an ambush...
An ambush is a long-established military tactic in which combatants take advantage of concealment and the element of surprise to attack unsuspecting enemy combatants from concealed positions, such as among dense underbrush or behind hilltops.

They trapped the officers in the intersection and then attacked them with sheer numbers, low-velocity projectiles and the knowledge the officers most likely wouldn't force their way thru them with their cruisers. It took almost 100 officers to stop them and restore some semblance of order.

PD Sgt.
06-25-20, 17:57
If karma exists, one of those hundreds of miscreants can be the one in the street bleeding out for real as the police and fire take their time to amass in proper numbers before even considering going in.

Business_Casual
06-25-20, 18:59
If karma exists, one of those hundreds of miscreants can be the one in the street bleeding out for real as the police and fire take their time to amass in proper numbers before even considering going in.

Perhaps the intent is No Go Zones similar to the suburbs of Paris.

StovePipe_Jammer
06-25-20, 19:27
I've heard how guerrillas in other countries would often knock out infrastructure (water, electric, etc) putting the townsfolk thru hell. It'd be logical to think the civilians would side with the government but it always had the opposite result. Non-violent guerrillas would show up and tell the townsfolk how the government isn't doing anything to help them (as they point at the smoking pump house) and they are either on their own or they can side with the guerrillas to "change" things.

Even if ambushes like OP mentioned stay relatively non-violent, if continued, it can result in delays of police response at best. Those needing and requesting help from the "authorities" may not get it and it helps drive the radical's narrative of cops only being there to harass/injure/kill people.

They stand to gain more than just messing with the cops when they do this. Beyond the whiny emotional tantrums, I'm willing to bet they're playing chess.

Tx_Aggie
06-25-20, 21:28
I've heard how guerrillas in other countries would often knock out infrastructure (water, electric, etc) putting the townsfolk thru hell. It'd be logical to think the civilians would side with the government but it always had the opposite result. Non-violent guerrillas would show up and tell the townsfolk how the government isn't doing anything to help them (as they point at the smoking pump house) and they are either on their own or they can side with the guerrillas to "change" things.

Even if ambushes like OP mentioned stay relatively non-violent, if continued, it can result in delays of police response at best. Those needing and requesting help from the "authorities" may not get it and it helps drive the radical's narrative of cops only being there to harass/injure/kill people.

They stand to gain more than just messing with the cops when they do this. Beyond the whiny emotional tantrums, I'm willing to bet they're playing chess.

As Lenin supposedly said, if the goal is to turn the people against their government, "the worse, the better."

Ohsheepdog01
06-25-20, 23:25
Perhaps the intent is No Go Zones similar to the suburbs of Paris.I hope not. That means the criminals win.

Diamondback
06-25-20, 23:30
I hope not. That means the criminals win.

They want a zone? Give 'em Alcatraz--but no supplies in and nobody out, they gotta figure out how to generate their own power, keep things in repair etc. for themselves. Including their own medical procedures and pharmaceutical manufacture. You want a law and a world unto yourselves, have at it, just don't come crying to us when your little soytarded bitch asses can't handle it... You had your chance, you refused to abide by the rules to belong to civilized society, therefore you are no longer part of it.

Ohsheepdog01
06-25-20, 23:34
They want a zone? Give 'em Alcatraz--but no supplies in and nobody out, they gotta figure out how to generate their own power, keep things in repair etc. for themselves. Including their own medical procedures and pharmaceutical manufacture. You want a law and a world unto yourselves, have at it, just don't come crying to us when your little soytarded bitch asses can't handle it... You had your chance, you refused to abide by the rules to belong to civilized society, therefore you are no longer part of it.Yup, that'll happen... Like in CHAZ/CHOP/antifaland[emoji849]
I agree with your concept

Diamondback
06-25-20, 23:37
Yup, that'll happen... Like in CHAZ/CHOP/antifaland[emoji849]
I agree with your concept

Dude, Morondishu is practically my backyard... there is a reason why I keep a loaded M4 propped within arm's reach from my bed with bayonet fixed. I figured Alcatraz would make isolation easier, unless the cucktard pols sissybitch out and cave...

SteyrAUG
06-26-20, 00:07
Well...at least this time they only threw bottles...
But this was a success for the rioters; only 1 person arrested?
Bet this starts happening more.

Wait till they start doing this for real like they were doing with NY cops a few years back. The saddest part is the best cops, the ones who run to danger hoping to help somebody in need with be the first ones ambushed HARD.

I think it's time for mandatory ride alongs for mayors, city council members, etc. If you are going to direct law enforcement, you automatically qualify for two nights a week in the front seat and will be required to go into harms way as an expert observer.

jpmuscle
06-26-20, 00:28
Wait till they start doing this for real like they were doing with NY cops a few years back. The saddest part is the best cops, the ones who run to danger hoping to help somebody in need with be the first ones ambushed HARD.

I think it's time for mandatory ride alongs for mayors, city council members, etc. If you are going to direct law enforcement, you automatically qualify for two nights a week in the front seat and will be required to go into harms way as an expert observer.

At the very least going through practical use of force training scenarios themselves.

Like it’s 1am you’re dispatched to a report of 5 individuals fighting, unknown weapons. Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha-17
06-26-20, 08:14
Completely disagree it "wasn't much if an ambush" and the TWO officers that found themselves violently attacked by several HUNDRED idiots would agree with me. It fits the very definition of an ambush...
An ambush is a long-established military tactic in which combatants take advantage of concealment and the element of surprise to attack unsuspecting enemy combatants from concealed positions, such as among dense underbrush or behind hilltops.

They trapped the officers in the intersection and then attacked them with sheer numbers, low-velocity projectiles and the knowledge the officers most likely wouldn't force their way thru them with their cruisers. It took almost 100 officers to stop them and restore some semblance of order.

No one was killed, the officers we not maimed or suffered life-threatening injuries, and they were eventually relieved. The attacks were thrown objects and from what I've seen, that didn't include molotovs. It could have been far, far worse. If the intent was to do anything but scare the police, it failed miserably. Definitely not all that much of an ambush, considering what could have gone down. When police get hit by gunfire from multiple positions in conjunction with molotovs or IEDs, forcing them to abandon vehicles, then we've got an ambush. This? They drove into a riot. Scary, I'll agree, but not really an ambush.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-26-20, 08:21
No one was killed, the officers we not maimed or suffered life-threatening injuries, and they were eventually relieved. The attacks were thrown objects and from what I've seen, that didn't include molotovs. It could have been far, far worse. If the intent was to do anything but scare the police, it failed miserably. Definitely not all that much of an ambush, considering what could have gone down. When police get hit by gunfire from multiple positions in conjunction with molotovs or IEDs, forcing them to abandon vehicles, then we've got an ambush. This? They drove into a riot. Scary, I'll agree, but not really an ambush.

Not to split hairs, but that is the only thing that constitutes an ambush? If they only get bricks thrown at them, nah. Only shot at, nah. It has to be a combination of gunfire from multiple locations , IEDs and/or molotovs that forces them to leave their vehicle?

am·bush
/ˈambo͝oSH/

noun
noun: ambush; plural noun: ambushes

a surprise attack by people lying in wait in a concealed position.

Ohsheepdog01
06-26-20, 08:51
Not to split hairs, but that is the only thing that constitutes an ambush? If they only get bricks thrown at them, nah. Only shot at, nah. It has to be a combination of gunfire from multiple locations , IEDs and/or molotovs that forces them to leave their vehicle?Exactly. Again, ask the TWO officers ambushed in a planned attack by HUNDREDS of violent people. SMH, Alpha. What's your occupation?

Alpha-17
06-27-20, 08:10
Not to split hairs, but that is the only thing that constitutes an ambush? If they only get bricks thrown at them, nah. Only shot at, nah. It has to be a combination of gunfire from multiple locations , IEDs and/or molotovs that forces them to leave their vehicle?

If they were shot at, sure, let's call it an ambush. The example I provided was a complex/close ambush, to provide an extreme example for comparision. At the very least, an ambush in the classical sense will have a "killing ground" where the ambushees are lured in to be attacked. No killing, or no attempt at killing, no ambush. As it was, there was little real effort to harm the officers, and no real intention to kill them. Not unless the mob was really incompetent, anyway. Two minor injuries when the potential was much, much worse doesn't constitute an ambush in my opinion. When riot training regularly produces worse injuries (speaking from personal experience) it's not that impressive.

Also, using the definition you did, an ambush could be done with paperwork, "gotcha journalism" and harsh language. If we were talking about those, I'd also consider them "not much of an ambush" beyond the barest definition of the term.

Exactly. Again, ask the TWO officers ambushed in a planned attack by HUNDREDS of violent people. SMH, Alpha. What's your occupation?

Graduate student now. I was infantry for eight years though, so I'm more than a little familiar with ambushes. And I've had a bit of experience with riots as well, both accidentally starting them, and having them used against us as a tactic. There's a distinct difference between ambushes and intentionally caused/planned riots. Scary situation to be in, sure, but not the same.

And the numbers don't matter; it could have been a single cop showing up to thousands of protestors/rioters, if they just yelled at them and threw the occasional bottle, I wouldn't classify it as an ambush.