PDA

View Full Version : Civilian ATAK for Android

Rrotz
06-26-20, 11:35
I want to try out ATAK....Android Team Awareness Kit for civilians but the link to download it from the site is down and it's not on the play store.

Anyone try out ATAK yet? Can I get a little help with downloading and installing?

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Rrotz
06-26-20, 11:39
I want to try out ATAK....Android Team Awareness Kit for civilians but the link to download it from the site is down and it's not on the play store.

Anyone try out ATAK yet? Can I get a little help with downloading and installing?

I'm also looking to connect my Baofeng to my Android with the aux jack and be able to send text and voice messages to other tram mates.

T-Rex arms did a video on YouTube on ATAK.

Alex V
06-26-20, 12:51
Saw the video as well, trying to find one for iPhone :(

monkeywrench
06-26-20, 13:16
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Team_Awareness_Kit

I don’t use android. But can’t you download it from here?

Red-Drum
06-26-20, 13:55
I'm on an Apple device and looking for similar, basic map and point sharing apps for Apple, so I would appreciate any tips in that regard.

Still tagging this thread out to pass along info to a colleague who is also trying to get ATAK working on his Android device. I may end up resurrecting an old Android just to permit us to see how ATAK could be useful in hunting season.

lahunter57
06-26-20, 15:00

I'm also looking to connect my Baofeng to my Android with the aux jack and be able to send text and voice messages to other tram mates.

T-Rex arms did a video on YouTube on ATAK.

The civilian version is for first responders. You can only download the the public release version.

Wake27
06-26-20, 17:50
I didn’t even know there was a version of this outside of the military...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrotz
06-27-20, 05:17
I found the website on the wiki takmps.com

What other options besides kagwerks phone molle case that'll fit a Samsung Android 7 o 8?

bjw182005
06-27-20, 17:28
Has anyone downloaded this yet? If so, how is it running? Any issues?

Rrotz
06-28-20, 02:54
Has anyone downloaded this yet? If so, how is it running? Any issues?I was able to download and install it on my galaxy 9 and I'm going to play around with it tonight. There are some interesting plugins to install as well.

Rrotz
06-28-20, 03:42
I'm on an Apple device and looking for similar, basic map and point sharing apps for Apple, so I would appreciate any tips in that regard.

Still tagging this thread out to pass along info to a colleague who is also trying to get ATAK working on his Android device. I may end up resurrecting an old Android just to permit us to see how ATAK could be useful in hunting season.What problem is your friend having with ATAK?

omegajb
06-28-20, 14:18
Good timing for this video.

https://youtu.be/WXuQERL_e8M

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rrotz
06-29-20, 04:32
Good timing for this video.

https://youtu.be/WXuQERL_e8M

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkYes, I watched that video and made a post about it.