PDA

View Full Version : 911 Call During Protest in Fredericksburg VA

prepare
06-27-20, 04:36
https://soundcloud.com/conservativechick/durant-9-1-1-call-06132020-2

A 911 call made from downtown Fredericksburg on June 13 by a woman reporting that she was trapped in her car by protesters, that she couldn't get out of the area and that the protesters were scaring her child. The dispatcher responded that the protests are considered city-sponsored events and suggested the caller contact City Hall.

Voodoochild
06-27-20, 18:22
WTF...She is telling the dispatcher that they are on her car and preventing her from leaving and there is a child in the car. And the best she can offer up is call city hall or try and drive away slowly (which she obviously can't). That is a failure on part of the city and the police department.

Arik
06-27-20, 18:26
Edit:

She should play that for the governor

26 Inf
06-27-20, 19:13
That sounded almost like it was recorded in a studio. Not a lot of outside noise. Which causes me to wonder if it was real.

ABNAK
06-27-20, 19:22
That sounded almost like it was recorded in a studio. Not a lot of outside noise. Which causes me to wonder if it was real.

Well it was ostensibly inside a vehicle soooo...….

Nonetheless, the 911 operator's advice to be careful and not hit anyone is laughable. I guess for liability's sake she had to mention it, but jeez. I swear we live in Bizarro World.

26 Inf
06-27-20, 20:07
Well it was ostensibly inside a vehicle soooo...….

Nonetheless, the 911 operator's advice to be careful and not hit anyone is laughable. I guess for liability's sake she had to mention it, but jeez. I swear we live in Bizarro World.

And people all over her car? Kid not making any noise in all that? Got to admit, I'm not sure, even with the beeps.

jpmuscle
06-27-20, 20:26
Fredericksburg is pretty damn small as far as towns go and the PD in my time spent there is pretty good at maintaining a presence in and around downtown.

Couple really good pizza spots there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
06-27-20, 22:41
And people all over her car? Kid not making any noise in all that? Got to admit, I'm not sure, even with the beeps.

I thought I could hear the kid cry near the end (?). Audio does suck at a few points.

Can I certainly see something like this happening? Yep. Can I see the asinine response from the 911 operator as being accurate? You betcha.

Like I said, we are now in 2020 Bizarro World.

OH58D
06-27-20, 23:01
I just played the audio for my wife. She said that her response would have been to the 911 dispatcher, and I quote:

"Well, I figured I needed to call somebody before I shot these sons of bitches"

In case you have forgotten what she looks like....:
https://i.imgur.com/MESYqs3h.jpg