PDA

View Full Version : Colt to resume civilian sales

Esq.
06-27-20, 06:17
Some good news anyway.....

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/6/26/the-keefe-report-colt-now-shipping-ar-15s/?fbclid=IwAR3_W0y7LWZ0Lbox_ZsGRu49KylUkcBnTXMLMYVj8b81cKYl4zJJHduTS0g

Well, in talking with Paul this week he told me “When conditions changed, and we were able to re-enter the market, we did.” This month, more than 2,000 Colt LE6920s were shipped to commercial customers, The foreign and government business has stabilized, and Colt was able to get guns into commercial distribution this month. It likely will be able to do so again next month.

R0CKETMAN
06-27-20, 06:27
F’ um ...I’m still a Colt fan, but abandoning civilian sales pissed me off.

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 06:39

Why did it anger you so much? Should companies do things that costs them money to make people happy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flenna
06-27-20, 06:51
Brownells is selling Colt M4 uppers according to an email I got from them.

ggammell
06-27-20, 06:55

Yes. Cancel culture. Surely the way to move forward.....or not.

Novak
06-27-20, 07:07
I, for one, am glad to hear this.

Nocaster
06-27-20, 07:58
Well I am glad I didn't buy any $900 Colt lowers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AndyLate
06-27-20, 07:59
I'm glad to hear it, it's not the first time they have stopped and re-started selling.

I need to pick up 2 carbines (one for my son who is about to PCS to Italy, and one for my youngest son to have as his own) perhaps one or both will be Colt.

Andy

mack7.62
06-27-20, 08:25
Why would anyone with a choice go with carbine gas on a 16" barrel when mid has proven to be so much better?

kirkland
06-27-20, 08:33
Carbine gas 16" barrel works just fine

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 08:44
I'm glad to hear it, it's not the first time they have stopped and re-started selling.

I need to pick up 2 carbines (one for my son who is about to PCS to Italy, and one for my youngest son to have as his own) perhaps one or both will be Colt.

Andy

My goal is to buy both my sons a Colt before the year is up.

steeltoe
06-27-20, 09:22

Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.

yellowfin
06-27-20, 10:02
Yes. Cancel culture. Surely the way to move forward.....or not.It's an interesting point. We can't just have companies like Dick's and NASCAR publicly spit in our face without consequences. Yet on the other hand it seems like to complete the task is basically nuking the whole world because it seems like there's hardly a square foot of soil not infested with the vermin, so then there's not much left. But we have to finally start biting back because we need to put an end to this crap. Universities, major companies, etc. do need to have the communism flushed out or burned out of them. We shouldn't still be dealing with the current problems. 2012 should have been the last of it.

To me, a gun company not being 100% pro gun and out loud pro gun owner, especially in its own home state that needs it the most, is unforgivable.

Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.Savy, or slimy.

RHINOWSO
06-27-20, 10:04

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fguestexperiencedesign.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2Fpersonal2mc.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The_War_Wagon
06-27-20, 10:09

They came back! Just in time for panic sales! :rolleyes:

Esq.
06-27-20, 10:12

Nike lost 800 MILLION DOLLARS trying to placate the Left CANCEL CULTURE....Tell me how it doesnt work again? It absolutely DOES WORK if your goal is to create allies who will go to the mat for you!

jpmuscle
06-27-20, 10:21
Nike lost 800 MILLION DOLLARS trying to placate the Left CANCEL CULTURE....Tell me how it doesnt work again? It absolutely DOES WORK if your goal is to create allies who will go to the mat for you!

Was that from direct sales or simply lack of ad revenue and what not from sports tanking?

Esq.
06-27-20, 10:38
Was that from direct sales or simply lack of ad revenue and what not from sports tanking?

They will of course blame it on Covid but have you tried to buy a set of weights in the last 6 months? People are working out more than ever! There is little doubt that Nike has "taken one for the Woke Team" ....

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 10:45
I don’t know about Nike but Colt couldn’t give away ARs. They cut back their production and fired a lot of union labor.

After years of struggle bus, they got a few new contracts.

They could either call back union labor to continue to build guns to sit in gun shops and collect dust or they could repurpose those lines for contract fulfillment. They chose the latter and said in the beginning, when market conditions change or the contracts were fulfilled, they would return to civilian sales.

It wasn’t a “we hate the second amendment” play, it was a “you idiots keep buying $350 PSAs and we won’t drop quality to compete.” Colt 6920s were literally $700 and collecting dust 18 months ago.

opngrnd
06-27-20, 10:46
Didn't Target lose a ton of money from customers protesting a few years ago?

I'll be honest, I'd want to grab a few 6920s for the prices they dropped to for a while. If I could grab them in the $700 range, I would. It's no free-floated, master grade, space shuttle door gunner's item, but at half the price of those builds(often minimum) they are great.

556BlackRifle
06-27-20, 10:52
I might pick one up but I'm going to wait to make sure it's not some lower grade variant. (e.g. Expanse / Colt Competition.)

Biggy
06-27-20, 10:56

IMHO, you are 100% correct, and the reality is they have been a dying company for some time now and living on borrowed time. It will most likely be too little to late for them, especially if the village idiot, airhead Joe B. gets elected president.

06-27-20, 11:22
Why would anyone with a choice go with carbine gas on a 16" barrel when mid has proven to be so much better?

Proven by who and by what metric?

I've been using 16" Colt carbines since they had a front takedown screw, .170" FCG pins, and a sear block.
NEVER any issue with anything pertaining to the gas port location.

I've also had midlengths since they were built to be ran a 3.0oz buffer, mil-spec spring, and 5.56 ammo. Those days are long gone and whatever the midlength brought to the table then, has been obliterated by the enhanced spring, heavy buffer, .223/steel case idiots.

The mid was an answer to a problem brought about by second rate commercial AR manufacturers and old rifle technology that had not evolved into the carbine.

26 Inf
06-27-20, 12:17
It wasn’t a “we hate the second amendment” play, it was a “you idiots keep buying $350 PSAs and we won’t drop quality to compete.” Colt 6920s were literally $700 and collecting dust 18 months ago. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get how some folks don't get that business is business. I think the mistake a lot of folks make is that Colt ownership and upper management could give two shakes worth about gun owners, other than as a market, they are in it to make money, and, probably, if the factories could cheaply be repurposed to making washing machines at more profit, that is the direction they would go.

I get the union labor thing, but, pretty sure it wasn't a matter of making money if they were to compete, it was a matter of not making enough money if they choose to compete.

It's not like back in the day when gas stations had gas wars, trying to attract market share of a pretty much infinite demand, AR buyers are a finite group and once demand is met, prices stagnate, and then drop.

Why would Colt want to accelerate the saturation the market for rifles with pitifully short hand guards, old school front sight posts and a not optimal gas system? :sarcastic: Semi-sarcastic, but not totally, think about it.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to consider that if Colt started selling 6920's priced to compete with other mass-market producers, such as PSA, that it might reflect negatively on the price that they can bid the next .gov contract?

Bye-the-bye, when have you seen complete PSA's for $350?

TL:DR - I wouldn't get a Colt tattoo.

26 Inf
06-27-20, 12:20

The mid was an answer to a problem brought about by second rate commercial AR manufacturers and old rifle technology that had not evolved into the carbine.

NSWC Crane wishes they had confered with you first.

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 12:32
I don't get how some folks don't get that business is business. I think the mistake a lot of folks make is that Colt ownership and upper management could give two shakes worth about gun owners, other than as a market, they are in it to make money, and, probably, if the factories could cheaply be repurposed to making washing machines at more profit, that is the direction they would go.

I get the union labor thing, but, pretty sure it wasn't a matter of making money if they were to compete, it was a matter of not making enough money if they choose to compete.

It's not like back in the day when gas stations had gas wars, trying to attract market share of a pretty much infinite demand, AR buyers are a finite group and once demand is met, prices stagnate, and then drop.

Why would Colt want to accelerate the saturation the market for rifles with pitifully short hand guards, old school front sight posts and a not optimal gas system? :sarcastic: Semi-sarcastic, but not totally, think about it.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to consider that if Colt started selling 6920's priced to compete with other mass-market producers, such as PSA, that it might reflect negatively on the price that they can bid the next .gov contract?

Christmas 2018 I ordered some for family for teaching their kids on. $129 complete lowers and $220 uppers. That was shipped. And they were hot garbage. So not a “complete” gun per se, but you catch my drift.

RMike89
06-27-20, 12:48
Does anyone know if they plan on resuming sales regarding the 901 MARC? Literally the only colt rifle I've ever been interested in and missed out when they were $1.2k...

FightinQ
06-27-20, 13:01

I've been using 16" Colt carbines since they had a front takedown screw, .170" FCG pins, and a sear block.
NEVER any issue with anything pertaining to the gas port location.

I've also had midlengths since they were built to be ran a 3.0oz buffer, mil-spec spring, and 5.56 ammo. Those days are long gone and whatever the midlength brought to the table then, has been obliterated by the enhanced spring, heavy buffer, .223/steel case idiots.

The mid was an answer to a problem brought about by second rate commercial AR manufacturers and old rifle technology that had not evolved into the carbine.Do tell.

https://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/14/nswc-crane-carbine-mid-length-gas-system-testing-shows-increased-performance/

06-27-20, 13:14
For their specific application it showed an improvement.

Their testing doesn't compare the typical commercial junk AR vs a Colt 6920.

And just to head off any future comments, there are about three AR manufacturers right now that I don't consider commercial junk.

FightinQ
06-27-20, 13:27

And just to head off any future comments, there are about three AR manufacturers right now that I don't consider commercial junk.

Have any numbers to back up your claims at least?

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 13:28

Who is not “commercial junk” and what makes one “not commercial junk”?

06-27-20, 13:49
Have any numbers to back up your claims at least?

A Colt 6920 is a known quantity, is, and has been the standard of quality and reliability for at least a couple of decades. Most people don't understand what makes quality and make decisions based on unrelated things like handguard length, furniture, whatever features and things that add up to their perception of modern, innovative, tier 1, fudd, boomer, whatever.

In a discussion about Colt 6920s and people throw out blanket statements like a midlength (any and every midlength ever?) port position has been proven so much better than carbine, and I'm supposed to 'have numbers '?

FightinQ
06-27-20, 13:53
A Colt 6920 is a known quantity, is, and has been the standard of quality and reliability for at least a couple of decades. Most people don't understand what makes quality and make decisions based on unrelated things like handguard length, furniture, whatever features and things that add up to their perception of modern, innovative, tier 1, fudd, boomer, whatever.

In a discussion about Colt 6920s and people throw out blanket statements like a midlength (any and every midlength ever?) port position has been proven so much better than carbine, and I'm supposed to 'have numbers '?

You scoffed at facts in that link though. Wouldn't it be prudent and wise to use facts yourself to use as an argument to counter with? Or is this more emotionally to you?

06-27-20, 14:22
I didn't scoff at the facts in that link. I'm very familiar with that.

They found a better solution to the problem they created.

A midlength done right can have advantages over a carbine, but to say that midlength is better without any substantiation or even specs is the equivalent of liking Ford because your daddy did.

FightinQ
06-27-20, 14:27
I didn't scoff at the facts in that link. I'm very familiar with that.

They found a better solution to the problem they created.

A midlength done right can have advantages over a carbine, but to say that midlength is better without any substantiation or even specs is the equivalent of liking Ford because your daddy did.Well we'll just have to agree to disagree then. Have a nice day.

06-27-20, 14:40
Parts is parts...

Walker_Texasranger
06-27-20, 14:52
Cool that they are shipping again but I have no use for a 16” carbine gassed FSB gun.

ndmiller
06-27-20, 15:04

Serious question, what is Cancel Culture and how does it apply to Colt bringing back civilian sales?

I thought the stop was due to them getting a contract that took up all their production and in the end they couldn't price their products low enough to compete with cheap AR's.

JediGuy
06-27-20, 16:14
It wasn’t a “we hate the second amendment” play, it was a “you idiots keep buying $350 PSAs and we won’t drop quality to compete.” Colt 6920s were literally $700 and collecting dust 18 months ago.

Yep...

L-2
06-27-20, 16:50
Colt had a good reputation to me. It's what my old department uses and what I was issued back in the early 2000 years. I think the same AR15s are still be used today with those tight LE budgets.

Now retired, for my personally-owned-purchases, I might consider or recommend a Colt. There used to be a "Colt Combat Unit Carbine" model which seemed to be configured more or less to my interests. I'd prefer the M-Lok type full length handguard coming with the AR instead of the old-school short handguard and fixed front sight post. I'm not a person who wants to take-off some moderate-major parts just to get to what I want. I prefer to buy as close as possible to what I want from the get-go.

I understand buying another brand has its risks, too. I'd bought a Springfield-Armory Saint w/MLOK handguard. It had to go back for chamber-reaming (due to primer blow-outs) and took 6 weeks. I'd also rather not have to go through that either. I suppose we should do our research as best as we can; shop & buy well; and spend what needs to be spent.

(Note. I've only had three ARs, so far; the issued Colt, the problem Springfield Saint, and a BCM AR "pistol".)

artoter
06-27-20, 17:59
Carbine gas 16" barrel works just fine

Yeah. Don't seem to have any issues with mine.

Coal Dragger
06-27-20, 18:19
Same here, my Colt 16” M4A1 contour barrel is just fine.

26 Inf
06-27-20, 18:22
Christmas 2018 I ordered some for family for teaching their kids on. $129 complete lowers and $220 uppers. That was shipped. And they were hot garbage. So not a “complete” gun per se, but you catch my drift.

Wow! That is something I never saw, I probably would have tried one. I've bought a complete upper for under 200.00 and it worked okay.

26 Inf
06-27-20, 18:47
Same here, my Colt 16” M4A1 contour barrel is just fine.

I have a couple of carbine length uppers and they work fine. I have a bunch of mid-lengths and they work fine.

My problem is that in my experience I shoot better with more real-estate than the carbines offer.

Additionally, if you are using barricade/cover the expanse of unsupported barrel offers plenty of opportunity for deflection and more opportunity for exposure as you get into a position to use the barricade/cover for support. (I can solve those problems by rolling out to shoot, but lose the precision of a supported position.)

This is why I prefer 15" rails on 16" rifles.

Finally, in general, I think M4's look butt ugly with all that barrel sticking out there - but that is aesthetics, not practicality.

m1a_scoutguy
06-27-20, 19:05

Hey great Marketing Move !! This is gonna piss off all the guys on Gunbroker that have there 6920s for $1500+++ Bucks !!:) Really gonna piss off the guys that paid $1500+++ for a 6920 !!

ABNAK
06-27-20, 19:14
I have an unfired 6960 CCU and an unfired M4A1 SOCOM "2013" model with the US Government marked lower. I will patiently sit on them (not like I don't have plenty of others to shoot!) and flip them when the time is right. Unfortunately that may be this November thru January 2021. :mad:

Straight Shooter
06-27-20, 19:35

Ive had a $350 PSA carbine unfired in my safe for about a year and a half. I bought it and one with a SS barrel, the SS one Ive shot a good bit. They got down too low not to try them at one point. The one I shoot seems built right and has been 100% reliable & accurate.

R0CKETMAN
06-27-20, 21:06
Why did it anger you so much? Should companies do things that costs them money to make people happy?

The decision was not financial it was political.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fguestexperiencedesign.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2Fpersonal2mc.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They came back! Just in time for panic sales! :rolleyes:

Yep

R0CKETMAN
06-27-20, 21:14
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/20c1d7eadc0df840fa73fa13357c918f.jpg

PracticalRifleman
06-27-20, 21:31

Yep

I’d you’re going to make the statement, provide some evidence.

veeklog
06-27-20, 21:35
I am glad Colt is making new rifles for the commercial market. Probably add another one if I can

phixion
06-27-20, 21:42

Colt, LMT and KAC?

Turnkey11
06-27-20, 22:02
Good news, now for the re-release of the 6920 SOCOM with Govt markings; I need 6.

Iron-E
06-27-20, 22:03

I understand why they did. They haven't really been innovating and the AR market has become very saturated.

Coal Dragger
06-27-20, 22:11
I have a couple of carbine length uppers and they work fine. I have a bunch of mid-lengths and they work fine.

My problem is that in my experience I shoot better with more real-estate than the carbines offer.

Additionally, if you are using barricade/cover the expanse of unsupported barrel offers plenty of opportunity for deflection and more opportunity for exposure as you get into a position to use the barricade/cover for support. (I can solve those problems by rolling out to shoot, but lose the precision of a supported position.)

This is why I prefer 15" rails on 16" rifles.

Finally, in general, I think M4's look butt ugly with all that barrel sticking out there - but that is aesthetics, not practicality.

Colt cleverly solved that problem on my example by doing a factory DD RIS II rail that free floats the barrel and provides real estate in front of the front sight post.

Of course it cost more money, probably didn’t sell well, and they only made 2500 of them.

M4A1 SOCOM II specifically. Often cloned I’m told. Glad I still have the original box.

Pappabear
06-27-20, 22:13
Colt will always have a following and I'm glad I have several. Really love my Skinny barrel 6700 (I think) with 15' RASII rails around my FSP. I have a couple "Restricted" lowers that I enjoy. My first AR, I have not been in this game long like many of you, was a Colt 6940 in the middle of the Obama scare, 6945 is more my taste today.

Just wish I could buy a couple BCM blemish stripped lowers for pennies like I once did. That were blemished per se.

Its a short list of Mfg that I buy AR's and components from. The price differential does not justify junk AR's from my perspective. YMMV

PB

Pandaz3
06-27-20, 22:20
I have one Colt, would like another, but I have six AR-15's, three AR-10's and that works for me. I am not mad at them, they said it was a pause, not a end of sales. Not ideal, but honest.

scottryan
06-27-20, 23:01

Yes it was substantially financial. 12-18 months ago, you could barely sell a 6920 for $800

This was all a ruse to clear out excess inventory. Anybody that was paying attention could see that.

They also had to stop production to the civilian market because they had a bunch of FMS contacts to get caught up on.

T2C
06-27-20, 23:03
I stopped buying Colts when they halted civilian sales in 1989 and have never regretted it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1989/03/16/colt-stops-public-sale-of-rifle/3accb6de-b27b-4951-a022-c818ab14097b/

Terp
06-27-20, 23:27
They'll never get another dime from me. They got woke and abandoned the civilian market to virtue signal to the very people who hate them, then, once demand is through the roof, want to jump back in on the rebound. Go to hell, Colt.

ScottsBad
06-27-20, 23:41
I'm happy Colt is selling to the public again. But Colts aren't special any longer. The only thing that is special about the Colt is the BCG. I think they need to update. IMHO

I thought about buying a couple Colts to keep in the back of the safe. But they have carbine gas systems which I don't care for.

Instead, I can buy a nice BCM upper w/BCG and then build a lower of with all the extra parts I have lying around.

And if I were a first time buyer I'd save my clams to get a complete mid-length BCM, or DD instead of buying a Colt, because I'd still be stuck with the carbine gas system and no free float rail. JMHO.

blade_68
06-27-20, 23:46
Colt will be Colt, the company will try to cut it own throat at least every 10 or 20 years or so.
Currently I have 2 Colt's, I wish I'd picked up a M4a1 marked one too. Now that Colt is coming back around I'll need to look into a factory SBR 🤔 6933??
PSA has brought the masses in to the AR market, so they have helped too. (And to cutting Colt down) not as much as the people in the contracting with weapons purchase for military (passing on T.D.P. and Colt's pricing for contracts) to F.N. I do wonder how much or what they got for it?
Yes I have been pissed on stuff Colt has done in past probably will be again. If Colt is not thinking about relocating to a gun friendly State they will be back in same boat as they have been many times before. Same thing auto industry is doing. Remington and others have done.... Move.
ScottsBad
Both of mine stay in safe more than rest I have, my BCM uppers see more use especially the 12.5 upper on SBR with can.

Apec
06-28-20, 00:31
I own a Colt M4 lower (CR prefix) and scored a good deal on a pre-ban HBAR Sporter in an A2 20" configuration. I wish their retro reissue line wasn't so stupidly expensive. At 1-1.2K I'm in, but what they are asking for cost as much as my SR-15E3.

Ryo
06-28-20, 01:46
I'm glad they are making them again. Stupid decision to stop producing.. but I believe they were looking at it as a market saturation and having a hard time selling vs they are appeasing the stupid (anti gun).

However this isn't the first time they have done things that they did that pissed off the civilian market. Remember the large pivot pins.. then the blocks to block installing sears.. then a large hammer pin hole. WTF.. but I still like you Colt. LOL

Coal Dragger
06-28-20, 02:06
I understand why they concentrated on gov contracts for various nations and stopped pumping out civilian market stuff. Not even a few months ago there were piles of AR’s on store shelves, market awash in them.

It’s very tough to compete with budget blasters when the average consumer perception is that a PSA is just as good as a Colt, BCM, SIONICS, DD, LMT, SOLGW, KAC etc. The average consumer doesn’t care to be educated on the difference and may not have enough experience to know the benefits of a properly built gun vs the crap they get for $500.

Most of them won’t listen when you try to educate them either.

jpmuscle
06-28-20, 02:08
Yes it was substantially financial. 12-18 months ago, you could barely sell a 6920 for $800

This was all a ruse to clear out excess inventory. Anybody that was paying attention could see that.

They also had to stop production to the civilian market because they had a bunch of FMS contacts to get caught up on.

Hopefully they’ll continue to get the sling swivels correct.

In any case I’m in for buying a few lowers

titsonritz
06-28-20, 02:36
You mean now that there is some money to be made? Big surprise.

R0CKETMAN
06-28-20, 07:16
I’d you’re going to make the statement, provide some evidence.

Remember the timing when Colt stopped. Recall it was when many were pulling ARs off the shelves.

Note comments from Donohue and Lytton. Yeah I googled that...and I believe now and at the time Colts real reason was at the time it was a good look for them. ymmv

https://time.com/5681534/colt-suspends-ar-15-rifle-production-civilians/?amp=true

OldState
06-28-20, 07:21
Colt has done some dopey stuff in their history but I don’t get all the hate with this. They said in September exactly what they were doing and why. They mentioned excess inventory and they mentioned reentering the market. The only unknown was when. That was the line that most people beat them up; some claiming they never intended to get back into it.

flenna
06-28-20, 07:44

I regret not buying a few when Brownells had them for sub $300.

Core781
06-28-20, 07:52
Colt is the standard. It was my impression Colt defense left the civilian market to take the heat off due to the media hype of "mass shootings" and land a military contract. Which is what happened as far as I can tell. I believe the US Constitution should protect arms manufacturers period. The very foundation of Western Law should place blame on the criminal not the tools for which they carry out the crime: this is a reality that's lost in today's cancel culture and the over medicated courts. I'm happy to accept Colt Defense releasing products back into the civilian market, but they need to get off their "high horse" and accept that civilian sales is an important part of their profit margin and a right that shall not be infringed. This means standing up to Leftist bullying: and we all need to make sure arms manufacturers are protected and give them the support they need to keep operating! I wonder how many AR fans did not write letters to their reps last year demanding that the courts protect these manufacturers? If we all get vocal and get off the couch we will be heard by our reps and the courts. With any luck SCOTUS will get their ass in gear and reverse the unconstitutional laws across the nation in the coming year. President Trump has honed his focus on the courts and it's making a big difference. We all need to get out and vote this November!

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-28-20, 08:13
Well I am glad I didn't buy any $900 Colt lowers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, but I was sure happy to sell a bunch for that. :sarcastic:

I bought several from Brownells, from their lowest sale price of $199 to the normal $300 price tag. When they announced they were stopping civilian sales due to the over saturated market, cloners and Boomers went nuts and I made a killing off of them. I originally had no plans to ever sell them, I bought them just to toss in the safe and have enough lowers for myself and my family until the end of days but tripling and more than quadrupling my money on them was too good to pass up. I purchased LMT Defender lowers to replace them and banked the rest.

ABNAK
06-28-20, 08:17
Hopefully they’ll continue to get the sling swivels correct.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Core781
06-28-20, 09:02
I have been buying Colt-like lowers for $32.39 each + "unreasonable" transfer tax.. Just sayin... :p :cool:

McReaser
06-28-20, 09:03
That's Good News!

1986s4
06-28-20, 09:14

Yep, I hesitated and lost... Dang.
I am very glad Colt is back in the game, I like Colt very much, I like their pistols and rifles [S&W for revos]. I want Colt to be solvent, to be prosperous and to start innovating again. When was the last time they innovated? Demand for any firearm is way up at the moment, ammo is off the shelves. It's gotten so bad around here that folks I know are talking about buying their first gun and my LGS is stocking Beretta M1951's of all things.... ! It is a good time to have stock to sell.

Core781
06-28-20, 09:22
Yep, I hesitated and lost... Dang.
I am very glad Colt is back in the game, I like Colt very much, I like their pistols and rifles [S&W for revos]. I want Colt to be solvent, to be prosperous and to start innovating again. When was the last time they innovated? Demand for any firearm is way up at the moment, ammo is off the shelves. It's gotten so bad around here that folks I know are talking about buying their first gun and my LGS is stocking Beretta M1951's of all things.... ! It is a good time to have stock to sell.

They have very old tech that is ahead of the curve. They don’t produce it because it’s not a necessary expense in most cases. The 6920 is pretty much as good as it needs to be. That said who knows, half the time the new gadgets are not all they’re cracked up to be. Maybe a rifle length carbine? Maybe they have a different DGI system? Who knows. We know the rifle length gas system is best, a mod is just a compromise.

06-28-20, 10:06
What's with all the innovation BS??

Buy a 6920, put whatever latest, most innovative hand guard and myriad of trinkets on, and there you go.

It's better than most any other COTS AR and it has all the 'innovations' you really need to not die in a gunfight, and if you can resist messing with it's guts, it'll be as reliable as an AR can get.

jpmuscle
06-28-20, 10:21
Hopefully this means more SOCOM barrels out there too

06-28-20, 10:27
Colt will be Colt, the company will try to cut it own throat at least every 10 or 20 years or so.
Currently I have 2 Colt's, I wish I'd picked up a M4a1 marked one too. Now that Colt is coming back around I'll need to look into a factory SBR 🤔 6933??
PSA has brought the masses in to the AR market, so they have helped too.

Ironically the only place I’ve been able to find Colts lately is PSA....they have 6933’s.

McReaser
06-28-20, 10:37
Brownells is taking pre orders on the M4 LE6921 upper. Back ordered on the M4 LE6920.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/m4-5-56-complete-upper-receiver-groups-prod69545.aspx

Core781
06-28-20, 10:48

Buy a 6920, put whatever latest, most innovative hand guard and myriad of trinkets on, and there you go.

It's better than most any other COTS AR and it has all the 'innovations' you really need to not die in a gunfight, and if you can resist messing with it's guts, it'll be as reliable as an AR can get.

Agreed. The 6920 is better than the M16/M4 I used in the military. Additionally we used semi for CQB so no loss there.

I hope they release more SOCOM barrels also but you can get some nice Remington Defense CHF in the meantime if you look around. Man my Colt SOCOM is a shooter in the RISII. Makes it too easy.

FightinQ
06-28-20, 11:07
For those complaining about oLd tEcH, there's the M4 Trooper and the Enhanced Patrol Rifle. Both look pretty innovative with the latest in trending technology: Mlok, longer, skinnier free floats, no gasp, FSB's...

kirkland
06-28-20, 11:23
You mean now that there is some money to be made? Big surprise.

Well that is what they are in buisness for isn't it?

1986s4
06-28-20, 11:25

Right, because the world is standing still? Maybe the DOD will always buy M4's ? Who knows.. The military and police forces haven't been beating a path to Colt's door to buy pistols either.
I really like my Colt AR's, all my rifles are Colt, mostly Colt and my favorite pistol is a Colt .38 super auto that does triple duty as a .22 trainer and 9mm . So count me into the Colt club but I want the next US service rifle to be a Colt if and when it happens.

BLACKROCK6
06-28-20, 11:38
In my humble opinion Colt betrayed the American Market. Glad they are back but facts are facts.

ColtSeavers
06-28-20, 11:54
In my humble opinion Colt betrayed the American Market. Glad they are back but facts are facts.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/d3/a5/93d3a533efdf1c80ba964d6fa89807c3.gif

26 Inf
06-28-20, 12:16
I bought it and one with a SS barrel, the SS one Ive shot a good bit. They got down too low not to try them at one point. The one I shoot seems built right and has been 100% reliable & accurate.

I have a stainless mid-length from them from them, it is my favorite M-4ish to shoot. It is also very accurate and has been trouble free. It was $159.00 w/o BCG - I just looked, I've mistakenly posted in the past it was $199.00 complete.

I'm like you, if I see something I think is too low not to try, I get it to see.

PracticalRifleman
06-28-20, 12:51

Or did the American market betray Colt?

halfmoonclip
06-28-20, 13:05
Happy to hear that the Prancing Pony has returned; have a couple three of theirs, and have always been entirely satisfied.
Probably a good time to re-enter the market; anything with a muzzle is selling.
Moon

OldState
06-28-20, 13:14
Would like to see an OEM with their CCU barrel. Maybe some shortys is pistol configuration before the ATF changes its mind.

They could also take the wind out of the cloner sails by teaming up with Geissele

JulyAZ
06-28-20, 13:21
The amount of ass chap in this thread is remarkable.

Colt if anything is consistent. They had done this before, and it should’ve been to no ones surprise, that they did it again.

Colt is still the best base rifle if your mind is to strip it down and rebuild it. Y’all see a 6920, I see an OEM. I’ll pick up a couple more, and don’t act like you won’t either, once you forget about this in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FightinQ
06-28-20, 13:45
The amount of ass chap in this thread is remarkable.

Colt if anything is consistent. They had done this before, and it should’ve been to no ones surprise, that they did it again.

Colt is still the best base rifle if your mind is to strip it down and rebuild it. Y’all see a 6920, I see an OEM. I’ll pick up a couple more, and don’t act like you won’t either, once you forget about this in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProThat's the truth, lol.

PracticalRifleman
06-28-20, 13:49
Remember the timing when Colt stopped. Recall it was when many were pulling ARs off the shelves.

Note comments from Donohue and Lytton. Yeah I googled that...and I believe now and at the time Colts real reason was at the time it was a good look for them. ymmv

https://time.com/5681534/colt-suspends-ar-15-rifle-production-civilians/?amp=true

Purely market-based.

Hammer_Man
06-28-20, 13:56
I'm glad they're selling to the public again. Hopefully this means more Colt parts on the market as well. Particularly more SOCOM barrels, and LPKs.

Beat Trash
06-28-20, 15:18
Would like to see an OEM with their CCU barrel. Maybe some shortys is pistol configuration before the ATF changes its mind.

They could also take the wind out of the cloner sails by teaming up with Geissele

I’d be interested in OEM 6960’s also.

MistWolf
06-28-20, 15:44
I want an M4A1 and maybe a 6933

... and an AR15A4. Definitely an AR15A4

TMS951
06-28-20, 15:59

I just sighted in a different scope on my 6720 the other day and was wowed by how much sharp recoil it has. I had totally forgotten as I don’t shoot it much and it’s one of my few nonsbr carbine gas guns.

Also question for those who know. Did colt stop factory SBR sales as well, through all of this I have seen colt 6933 sbr for sale still.

06-28-20, 16:39
A 6720 is about the lightest AR you can get, you're gonna feel it. Lol.

Pi3
06-28-20, 16:59
I would like to have a 14.5" 6720 with pinned flash hider.
Some here act like there were no other quality ARs availble when they temporarily stopped sales.
Last year, weren't there some deals on base LMTs?

Coal Dragger
06-28-20, 17:57
I’m totally in for a 6960 upper if they offer them.

Stickman
06-28-20, 19:12
I still can't understand why people were freaking out that Colt paused their civilian sales while they did contract work. Nothing exciting about it, and they will no doubt do it again if needed. They aren't a company that can afford to turn away contracts / money.

OldState
06-28-20, 19:17
A Colt dealer on a Facebook owners forum just said he took delivery of several 6920s but doesn’t have a feeling they are going to offer other models. Who knows. He also fears they may halt production again after the election. His opinion on that

Diamondback
06-28-20, 19:17
I still can't understand why people were freaking out that Colt paused their civilian sales while they did contract work. Nothing exciting about it, and they will no doubt do it again if needed. They aren't a company that can afford to turn away contracts / money.

Not to mention how ignorant of Basic Economics some people are, a situation not helped by the field's total deletion from Publik Edjakayshun curricula. As I put it over on a local board:

Yeah, scary how many people couldn't get past the first week of Econ 101 with Price-Quantity and Supply-Demand curves, isn't it?

Simple: Demand goes up, Price goes up, Supply increases until equilibrium is restored. Demand goes down, Price goes down and Supply follows.

You can tell that many of the crowd went to public schools where this stuff was cut out of the curriculum decades ago... lol

FightinQ
06-28-20, 19:19
I still can't understand why people were freaking out that Colt paused their civilian sales while they did contract work. Nothing exciting about it, and they will no doubt do it again if needed. They aren't a company that can afford to turn away contracts / money.That's what I have been trying to understand too.

Didn't Trijicon tell the public at some point in time to pound sand, they got a huge contract with the DoD and told us to wait and GWOT was more important than civilian sales? Nobody was mad at them for doing that as best as I can recall. I think that this has more to do with a love/hate fan relationship with Colt than anything else.

Alex V
06-28-20, 19:23
Maybe if they sell more complete lowers for $249 through Brownells otherwise I don’t think they have anything in their lineup that peaks my interest.

Just me tho.

MegademiC
06-28-20, 19:51

Me neither. I think people just like to be upset so they fabricate stuff. I see this a LOT these days.

Coal Dragger
06-28-20, 20:33
Yep.

People mad that Colt has to make business decisions to stay afloat. It’s not as if they have spare $$$ laying about to subsidize unprofitable sales of M4’s to the civilian market clamoring for cheap crap that Colt doesn’t make.

When Colt did try entry level AR’s people including all of us got mad. When they weren’t making money failing to sell enough good guns at fair prices to dumb dumbs who want PSA’s we were happy they were losing money? Colt goes and focused on filling large contracts for fighting guns to customers that are government in nature, that make Colt money and pause civilian production that lost them money... and we’re mad again.

Given the fickle nature of the civilian consumer mostly not understanding that a $500 MSRP M4 can’t be delivered that meets Colt quality standards, but demanding that price point; I understand Colt’s focus on government contracts. Add to that the moody sometimes unrealistic civilian customer who gets their feels hurt when Colt chooses to do business with another class of customer that is worth their time, and if I were running the show at Colt I’d be hard pressed to not make the same decisions.

I wish Colt had made better decisions in the past and had lots of $$$ to spare for innovation and servicing as many markets as possible even in slow times but that is not the reality.

TMS951
06-28-20, 20:42
Why were people bent out of shape? Probably because Colt has a long history of F-ing civilians.

Sear blocks
Over sized fcg holes
Nonsense with front take down pin
I’m sure there’s more

They did not need to come out and say they were suspending civilian sales. They just needed to say they couldn’t keep up with demand while filling contracts. They could have just said that to distributors. But the publicly stated they were suspending civilian sales and did not say if they would ever resume. Based on Colts history people were reasonable to assume the worst.

PracticalRifleman
06-28-20, 21:01
Why were people bent out of shape? Probably because Colt has a long history of F-ing civilians.

Sear blocks
Over sized fcg holes
I’m sure there’s more

They did not need to come out and say they were suspending civilian sales. They just needed to say they couldn’t keep up with demand while filling contracts. They could have just said that to distributors. But the publicly stated they were suspending civilian sales and did not say if they would ever resume. Based on Colts history people were reasonable to assume the worst.

How does not allowing you to convert their semi-auto guns screw you over?

Actually, Colt did just tell it to their distributors. One of the distributors leaked it and people pestered Colt on social media. Colt made a statement after it was leaked.

jpmuscle
06-28-20, 21:04
How does not allowing you to convert their semi-auto guns screw you over?

Actually, Colt did just tell it to their distributors. One of the distributors leaked it and people pestered Colt on social media. Colt made a statement after it was leaked.

To be fair they did it to pander to the government

arptsprt
06-28-20, 21:04
Yeah. Brownell’s offered the CCU upper last May. With their sale discount code, I got mine for $449. Before that, got a Colt M4 upper from Brownell’s for $220.

Bought a Colt ambi safety from G and R for $40 and used a spare Colt BCG bingo, a complete CCU for less than $900. I bought a factory 6960 in 2017 for $1180.

I really like the CCU. Two of my best shooting ARs. One of Colt’s best. Too bad they don’t bring it back.

Yes, I’m a Colt fanboy but after 106 responses to the original post, it is always amusing the hate and discontent the mention of Colt brings out. So much drama. If you don’t want one, done buy one - for whatever reason floats your boat.

I’m totally in for a 6960 upper if they offer them.

PracticalRifleman
06-28-20, 21:05
To be fair they did it to pander to the government

It seemed they were trying to survive. But hey, at least they didn’t pull a Bill Ruger.

PracticalRifleman
06-28-20, 21:11
Yeah. Brownell’s offered the CCU upper last May. With their sale discount code, I got mine for $449. Before that, got a Colt M4 upper from Brownell’s for $220.

Bought a Colt ambi safety from G and R for $40 and used a spare Colt BCG bingo, a complete CCU for less than $900. I bought a factory 6960 in 2017 for $1180.

I really like the CCU. Two of my best shooting ARs. One of Colt’s best. Too bad they don’t bring it back.

Yes, I’m a Colt fanboy but after 106 responses to the original post, it is always amusing the hate and discontent the mention of Colt brings out. So much drama. If you don’t want one, done buy one - for whatever reason floats your boat.

I had wished I bought a CCU upper or rifle when they were available. I was struggling with some medical stuff and unable to. Oh well. Hopefully it comes back.

holeshot
06-28-20, 21:50
Only for a limited time, get em while they're hot.

OutofBatt3ry
06-28-20, 21:53
I've always wanted a Colt for no other reason than to have the OG rifle. Damn it, there goes at least another $1000 I should have put in savings.

tony_tbone
06-28-20, 22:39

I COMPLETELY agree with you, man. Completely. They can go to he11.

tony_tbone
06-28-20, 22:43
It's an interesting point. We can't just have companies like Dick's and NASCAR publicly spit in our face without consequences. Yet on the other hand it seems like to complete the task is basically nuking the whole world because it seems like there's hardly a square foot of soil not infested with the vermin, so then there's not much left. But we have to finally start biting back because we need to put an end to this crap. Universities, major companies, etc. do need to have the communism flushed out or burned out of them. We shouldn't still be dealing with the current problems. 2012 should have been the last of it.

To me, a gun company not being 100% pro gun and out loud pro gun owner, especially in its own home state that needs it the most, is unforgivable.
Savy, or slimy.

Ditto that. Very well said.

FightinQ
06-28-20, 22:48
Only for a limited time, get em while they're hot.Planning ion it!

Buncheong
06-29-20, 00:23
My issue with Colt is a NIB unfired 6920 that’s out of spec and has to be sent in for warranty work.

NOT. HAPPY.

OldState
06-29-20, 00:26
My issue with Colt is a NIB unfired 6920 that’s out of spec and has to be sent in for warranty work.

NOT. HAPPY.
How is it out of spec?

Buncheong
06-29-20, 01:04
How is it out of spec?

Mag release opening oversized, appears dremeled at factory; mag drops free ok but the release lever wobbles and hangs up outside the lower, marring it.

On another note a friend asked if I’d sell him my AR15A4, gave me $1K for it. I had not heard Colt’s announcement at the time, and had no idea. Not sure I’d get $1K at the next Crossroads show now, given Colt’s recent announcement.

Money will go toward a Centurion Arms carbine.

mark5pt56
06-29-20, 07:06
Please don't beat the pony. Don't turn this into a bitch thread. No reply needed but name a company that hasn't had a defect. Should it happen? no but it does on occasion.

And yes, 6960 please. It would be sweet to see a 11.5" pistol!

OldState
06-29-20, 07:36
Mag release opening oversized, appears dremeled at factory; mag drops free ok but the release lever wobbles and hangs up outside the lower, marring it.

On another note a friend asked if I’d sell him my AR15A4, gave me $1K for it. I had not heard Colt’s announcement at the time, and had no idea. Not sure I’d get $1K at the next Crossroads show now, given Colt’s recent announcement.

Money will go toward a Centurion Arms carbine.
As mentioned in other threads I had a far more minor issue and. Colt replaced my entire lower the end of 2018. The Conversation was a bid rude but then turned very pleasant. There were only two CS people for all of Colt.

As for the A4, uppers just went on sale at Arm Unlimited so that could be a sign they intend to start building more than base 6920’s. The on dealer I mentioned was skeptical though.

RHINOWSO
06-29-20, 07:44
LIKE I POSTED--KNOCK IT OFF

MARK5PT56

arptsprt
06-29-20, 08:17
I know you said no reply needed, but I’ve had multiple issues of one kind or another over the years with BCG from the three letter company that starts with the letter before C in the alphabet. They have always been responsive and fixed the issues. Hasn’t stopped me from buying or ruined my confidence.

Or how about the factory Mk18 I purchased from the company with a two word name both starting with the letter after C in the alphabet that had an out of spec lower that resulted in me having to wait over two years to have a good gun due to having to wait not once, but twice for the NFA approval for the original purchase then the replacement lower.

Or last year my $1200 1-6x LPVO from the company who’s name starts with the letter fifth from last in the alphabet that was defective out of the box.

I don’t buy junk so yeah, it does happen.

Please don't beat the pony. Don't turn this into a bitch thread. No reply needed but name a company that hasn't had a defect. Should it happen? no but it does on occasion.

JediGuy
06-29-20, 08:24
I've always wanted a Colt for no other reason than to have the OG rifle. Damn it, there goes at least another $1000 I should have put in savings.

Please don’t do this.

BFS
06-29-20, 08:29
What if Colt could offer what we really want-

How about a M4A1 OEM?

Or a 6720 OEM?

JediGuy
06-29-20, 08:42

All this^

TexasAggie2005
06-29-20, 08:56
I wish they would sell;

- Complete lowers, can be used as a pistol or rifle.

- 6960 OEM upper.
- 6720 OEM upper.
- M4A1 OEM upper.
- 6933 OEM upper.

1986s4
06-29-20, 09:44
I'm glad they're selling to the public again. Hopefully this means more Colt parts on the market as well. Particularly more SOCOM barrels, and LPKs.

Yes ! I have one SOCOM barrel and an other wouldn't hurt. My last build has a Colt LPK.

recon
06-29-20, 11:25

Yes on both counts!

FightinQ
06-29-20, 11:30
So honest question, what would be a good price on a Colt lower or a full rifle like a 6920? My favorite and most dependable at getting what I want FFL, comes back from vacation this August.

JediGuy
06-29-20, 11:50
A really good price is $605 for a Colt 6920-OEM2.

Anywhere under $1000 is a solid price.

kirkland
06-29-20, 12:17
I don't think we're gonna see $700-800 Colts again for a while but if you can find one around $1000-$1100 I'd say that's a fair price.

Stickman
06-29-20, 12:18
So honest question, what would be a good price on a Colt lower or a full rifle like a 6920? My favorite and most dependable at getting what I want FFL, comes back from vacation this August.

No one is going to have a sold answer until we see what the Colt prices are selling for with the currently released models. We can all guess based on previous sellings, but all we would be doing is guessing.

JG commented that under $1k would be good, and I would agree, but we don't know what dealer prices are going to be, and I think most of us understand that dealer pricing is a varied tier.

Stickman
06-29-20, 12:23

Sounds like all that is needed is tightening the mag release a single turn, do you know how to do that?

Please post a pic of the portion that appears to be dremeled. I'm not calling you a Nancy, but we have had a lot of people scream bloody murder about things the rest of us on this board considered non-events. Pictures show very quickly the severity of an actual issue.

Regarding you selling your AR15A4 to a friend, are you trying to say you sold it to him for a good price, or a high price? I can't tell, nor can I tell what you are trying to say about your crossroads show.

Stickman
06-29-20, 12:25
I don't think we're gonna see $700-800 Colts again for a while but if you can find one around $1000-$1100 I'd say that's a fair price.

Agreed, and I think the OEM1 and OEM2 price days were more a matter of Colt needing an influx of cash, at least that is my understanding. I don't think the OEM series is coming back at all, but I would love to be wrong.

Stickman
06-29-20, 12:48
TT,

None of that has anything to do with Colt engaging back in commercial sales, unless I'm missing a relevant portion of the post...? If members could stay on topic that would be pretty sweet. Heck, just start a new thread if you want to PSA post.

Sry0fcr
06-29-20, 13:19
I'm glad to hear that they got that FMS contract mostly delivered. But they need to modernize their product offerings.

Hey Colt, just license Monty's CM4 MLOK drop ins and just sell us updated Troopers/EPRs with M4A1 SOCOM barrels and 6960s. Everything else can probably be discontinued or saved for special runs. You're welcome. I'll take a BCG as a consultant fee.

baffle Stack
06-29-20, 13:28
Who actually has them in stock?

Buncheong
06-29-20, 13:38

Fair enough.

Apologies to the membership and mods for derailing this thread with a topic already covered in technical forum.

Sorry, fellas...

06-29-20, 14:57
Who actually has them in stock?

PSA Mount Pleasant had 6933’s in stock like a month ago, and probably still does.

FightinQ
06-29-20, 15:11
PSA Mount Pleasant had 6933’s in stock like a month ago, and probably still does.Is their inventory different between online and brick & mortar? I know that J&G over here does that all the time. Quite frustrating when you see it being advertised and nothing at the actual store.

If so, maybe I should call and see?

Eurodriver
06-29-20, 15:33
2,000 isn’t enough. Flood the market. Drop the prices.

Make $700 6920s available again!

baffle Stack
06-29-20, 15:56
6933s are the only ones that never sold out, that and the $2500 retro rifle.

What stores have 6920s in stock? Im not seeing in stock anywhere.

baffle Stack
06-29-20, 16:00
anyone here pick one up? what where they going for?

loki993
06-30-20, 08:25
Agreed, and I think the OEM1 and OEM2 price days were more a matter of Colt needing an influx of cash, at least that is my understanding. I don't think the OEM series is coming back at all, but I would love to be wrong.

The OEMs were such a great deal. I got one before they got super duper cheap but I was still 800 out the door with a brand new 6920 with some basic cheap furniture the gun store gave me that they had laying in the back. Best value on the market bar none when you could get them.

ABNAK
06-30-20, 12:04
The OEMs were such a great deal. I got one before they got super duper cheap but I was still 800 out the door with a brand new 6920 with some basic cheap furniture the gun store gave me that they had laying in the back. Best value on the market bar none when you could get them.

I got my OEM2 for $605 shipped. Can't beat that.

the AR-15 Junkie
06-30-20, 18:43
About 2 months ago Clyde Armory in Athens GA had a pile of OEM 1's and 2's in stock on a huge pallet in the center of their showroom. I walked out with a OEM 1 with no intents of buying a gun when I walked in. That pile didn't last long either.

I love Colt!!!

Buckaroo
06-30-20, 19:16
About 2 months ago Clyde Armory in Athens GA had a pile of OEM 1's and 2's in stock on a huge pallet in the center of their showroom. I walked out with a OEM 1 with no intents of buying a gun when I walked in. That pile didn't last long either.

I love Colt!!!I loved living 6 minutes from Clyde Armory!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
06-30-20, 19:42
I loved living 6 minutes from Clyde Armory!

I'd be broke and homeless, living on a pile of weapons and ammo, if I lived that close. ;)

3 AE
06-30-20, 21:19
I'd be broke and homeless, living on a pile of weapons and ammo, if I lived that close. ;)

True, but you would have the most well defended cardboard shelter in the homeless encampment! :laugh:

Diamondback
06-30-20, 22:07

Or you could do what I'd do and ask for a part-time job, paid in parts and ammo. :) Seriously, I'm actually trying to persuade my usual gun shop to take me on as an apprentice or intern for that very reason... LOL

scottryan
07-01-20, 12:57

Sear blocks
Over sized fcg holes
I’m sure there’s more

Let me explain something (for the millionth time)

When a semi auto only version of a full auto firearm is released to the public, the manufacturer must submit the example to the ATF to have it approved.

The ATF does not tell the manufacture what to do. The manufacturer tells the ATF what they are going to do, then the ATF approves it or not.

Every semi auto gun that has a full auto counterpart has impediments built into it, to prevent full auto fire. HK eliminated the pushpins on their roller locked guns and went to a shelf, etc. IMI semi auto UZI will not interchange a barrel or trigger pack with its full auto counterpart, etc.

It has nothing to do with "F-ing civilians"

jpmuscle
07-01-20, 13:17
Sounds like only reinforces what TMS says

3 AE
07-01-20, 14:10

Don't know if their online inventory status is accurate, have never done any business with them, but the price is very reasonable.

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.html

flenna
07-01-20, 14:13
Don't know if their online inventory status is accurate, have never done any business with them, but the price is very reasonable.

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.html.

GT Distributors is very reputable- I have done business with them several times.

FightinQ
07-01-20, 14:26

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.htmlMy just order went through. Off to Centurion to see what free float I want...

jpmuscle
07-01-20, 14:32

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/colt/colt-ar-15-oem2-platform-carbine-low-profile-gas-block.html

This makes me happy

JediGuy
07-01-20, 14:46
This makes me happy

Yes, this

3 AE
07-01-20, 15:20
Thank goodness people are starting to be happy around here! For awhile it was beginning to sound like TOS. Now about my commission. :sarcastic:

scottryan
07-01-20, 15:21

They aren't freaking out. Its just another form of Colt bashing.

Renegade
07-01-20, 15:28
"Govt Contracts have dried up, so we are going to try and tap the civilian market again, those phucks are so dumb we can throw them under the bus again and again and they keep coming back."

robbins290
07-01-20, 16:17
Thank goodness people are starting to be happy around here! For awhile it was beginning to sound like TOS. Now about my commission. :sarcastic:

What is TOS, i have seen that on here a couple times.

FightinQ
07-01-20, 16:20
"Govt Contracts have dried up, so we are going to try and tap the civilian market again, those phucks are so dumb we can throw them under the bus again and again and they keep coming back."I don't understand why our community is so willingly out to wantonly eat our own.

How many clouds did you yell at after reading my post that I just ordered a Colt?

RHINOWSO
07-01-20, 16:20
Some people are very dense simpletons.... or they aren't able to read very well... or both....

Glad to see Colt ARs available again.

FightinQ
07-01-20, 16:22
What is TOS, i have seen that on here a couple times. Alpha romeo one fife dot charlie oscar mike.

Renegade
07-01-20, 16:29
I don't understand why our community is so willingly out to wantonly eat our own.

You are talking about Colt right, the company that shit on the civilian market back when there were a bunch of high profile shootings right?

How many clouds did you yell at after reading my post that I just ordered a Colt?

LE6920 is a great gun. I got mine 20 years ago. Glad to see Colt has made it part of their Retro Line.

Hopefully it will not be recalled like the Python.

Hammer_Man
07-01-20, 16:37
I don't get all the hate. I'll be getting a 6920 OEM the second they're available again.

sgtrock82
07-01-20, 16:41
They aren't freaking out. Its just another form of Colt bashing.The constant complaining is almost liberal like. Its uncanny. I'll have to start rolling my eyes in the opposite direction, lest they fall the out.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

robbins290
07-01-20, 16:42
fighting Q, I get it now.

twm134
07-01-20, 18:04
I don't understand why everyone is making this so complicated but if it helps I can try to clarify my position and possibly the position of others:

Simply put, I feel I am entitled to be served, by Colt, in a manner that is exactly to my liking regardless of anything else.

Does this help clarify the situation?

jpmuscle
07-01-20, 18:14
They aren't freaking out. Its just another form of Colt bashing.

To be fair colt did not publicly state it was a temporary measure. They didn’t say much of anything as I recall other than it’s done. So they shot themselves in the foot on that one or they did not intend on bringing back civilian production.

mark5pt56
07-01-20, 18:26
Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described.