PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon 1x24 reflex

e z money
07-02-20, 20:21
I'm thinking of buying a Trijicon 1x24 reflex sight. Are they any good? The one I'm thinking of buying is used but looks new. It's $400. I heard the dot disappears when you use a white light at night. Your thoughts on this sight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Edit to add: it has a A.R.M.S. throw lever mount.

flenna
07-03-20, 06:44
I bought one back in the late 90's to put on my patrol carbine and just recently sent it back to Trijicon to have the tritium lamp replaced. I have the model with the 12.5 triangle in it which I shoot very well- use the point for distance and the whole triangle like a dot for close quarters. If you point it at bright light it tends to wash out but it comes with a polarizing filter to prevent that. In today's market there are probably better options out there but I have never felt disadvantaged using this sight.

ggammell
07-03-20, 06:50
But why? Why would you get something that’s decades old for $400 when you can get a modern red dot for the same price?

Wake27
07-03-20, 08:29
But why? Why would you get something that’s decades old for $400 when you can get a modern red dot for the same price?

Yup. Garbage compared to current options.

RKB Armory
07-03-20, 09:57
I'm surprised those are still made.

Hank6046
07-07-20, 10:10
I believe you can get an MRO for the same price, or at least a Aimpoint Pro for a few dollars more.