PDA

View Full Version : aluminum ar mag question

mosin46
07-04-20, 16:31
i am (trying) to sell a bunch of unfired thru aluminum 30r mags. might try here but likely not a bunch of love. is there any reason that anyone knows from experience to prefer keeping BCMs vs brownell's? BCMs are prettier and finish seems more durable,brownell. are more expensive,have been well recommended. and tend to lose finish. i can see a diff in follower config and that and finish is all.

n8vmind
07-04-20, 20:39
People who want USGI mags usually shop for ones made by OK Industries.

07-04-20, 23:27
The BCM have a teflon finish, the Brownells have the milspec dry film lube.

If the Brownells have tan followers they’ll be easy to sell.

Neither will fetch a whole lot. Even in this market.

ColtSeavers
07-05-20, 01:06
Which brownells mags? I ask only because brownells had a lot of different versions of magazines until recently when they consolidated their offerings. As an example, I have a number of their chrome silicone spring magpul follower offerings, which are no longer offered.

Hammer_Man
07-05-20, 02:43
I run Okay Surefeed magazines. They come with magpul followers, and have run flawlessly so far.

Circle_10
07-05-20, 04:52
Off and on over the years I’ve heard iffy things about Brownells AR mags. I have a bunch of BCM/D&H mags and have heard generally good things about them but have never actually used them. If my choice was between Brownells and BCM/D&H I’d probably buy the latter. Okay Industries are my go-to GI mag for both 20 and 30-rounders, in dry film grey, and also black and FDE. At some point I’d like to get around to trying some of their E2 mags but at the moment I’m just using the standard Surefeeds.

07-05-20, 09:11
The Brownells GI mags are good to go.

The stuff they have sold commercially I have no experience with.

RHINOWSO
07-05-20, 09:29
I can find Okays all day long for $10 each.

The gun buying rodents have yet to each through the yuge glut of a AR15 mags still on the market. They are trying and have done so to Rifles and Ammo, but not AR mags.

I have BCMs but they are all training magazines now - Okay / NHMTG are all the rest, with some FN Steel ones in there as well because I have them.

mosin46
07-05-20, 09:59
thanks all. i have v.largely P gen3 and some lancers. just looking to hang with a few alum. might get more lancers but even for a mag whore $15-18 is steep. have not known about D&H. they look/sound good and are affordable. clearly superior to BCM marked? doubt it. if somebody can say that for sure,LMK. prob just load up 8 bcm and put em in the setback pile. maybe try and blow out all the rest of alum. BTW,the dura nag marked look to be no different from palmetto or bcm. and yea guns/ammo are getting thin and higher $.

RHINOWSO
07-05-20, 10:33
have not known about D&H. they look/sound good and are affordable. clearly superior to BCM marked?
D&H makes BCMs mags for them and have for a least 10 years.

Only difference is they slide on a BCM marked floorplate instead of a D&G marked one.

mosin46
07-05-20, 10:36
thanks for that. looked exact same but i don't know enough to say without input.in fact,the palmetto mags look exactly like the BCMs. made by D&H also?

07-05-20, 11:57
BCM, Palmetto, DSG, Noveske, Bushmaster, probably more are made by D&H.

They’re all the same except for floor plate stamping.

DG23
07-05-20, 12:34
D&H makes BCMs mags for them and have for a least 10 years.

Only difference is they slide on a BCM marked floorplate instead of a D&G marked one.

Same with the D&H mags from PSA. They come with a PSA marked floorplate.

Fine mags until they stuck the PSA logo on the bottom.

ACE31
07-05-20, 13:50
Same with the D&H mags from PSA. They come with a PSA marked floorplate.

Fine mags until they stuck the PSA logo on the bottom.

LMAO!

Stickman
07-05-20, 16:27
i am (trying) to sell a bunch of unfired thru aluminum 30r mags. might try here but likely not a bunch of love. is there any reason that anyone knows from experience to prefer keeping BCMs vs brownell's? BCMs are prettier and finish seems more durable,brownell. are more expensive,have been well recommended. and tend to lose finish. i can see a diff in follower config and that and finish is all.

People on this board tend to be a little better educated than those on many other boards. Mag prices are pretty low right now, you might do better sitting on them for awhile.

ST911
07-05-20, 17:07

There will be no appreciable differences between your mags to your most likely buyers. Unless you desperately need the cash, I would keep them.

Robertsk1
07-05-20, 17:46
There will be no appreciable differences between your mags to your most likely buyers. Unless you desperately need the cash, I would keep them.

^That.
I just bought 10 Okay surefeeds for 10.99. I have a good stash of Okay mags, about 10 d&h and a ton of pmags.

PSA has been selling the d&h mags for like $10 which is high for d&h.