PDA

View Full Version : M-LOK handguard rail covers

MeanCarbine
07-04-20, 16:48
I have a Colt LE6960-CCU which of coarse has a Centurion Arms handguard with M-LOK at the 3/6/9 positions. CA manufactures some rail covers that I was going to purchase for it but they look a little too thick. What are your favorite M-LOK rail covers?

kyjd75
07-04-20, 17:24
I have a Colt LE6960-CCU which of coarse has a Centurion Arms handguard with M-LOK at the 3/6/9 positions. CA manufactures some rail covers that I was going to purchase for it but they look a little too thick. What are your favorite M-LOK rail covers?

Those CA rail covers work perfectly with CA handguards. I wouldn't automatically dismiss them.

Tigereye
07-04-20, 20:23
I have a set of those on a CA rail and really like them.

n8vmind
07-04-20, 20:42
These are what I prefer.. more economic version of RailScales

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+Slate-Black-Industries

Send it...
07-04-20, 22:07

BCM, nice, thin & light

Dukr
07-04-20, 22:31
I have a Colt LE6960-CCU which of coarse has a Centurion Arms handguard with M-LOK at the 3/6/9 positions. CA manufactures some rail covers that I was going to purchase for it but they look a little too thick. What are your favorite M-LOK rail covers?I'm not a fan of the CA rail covers. They're more of a tension fit, and not mlok. They can possibly get bumped/knocked out of place. I've had it happen.

Renegade04
07-05-20, 05:47
I have a set of those on a CA rail and really like them.

Same here.

https://i.imgur.com/0JBQm6V.jpg

I just ordered a set for my BRN-180 along with the handstop.

MeanCarbine
07-05-20, 06:22
I'm not a fan of the CA rail covers. They're more of a tension fit, and not mlok. They can possibly get bumped/knocked out of place. I've had it happen.

Yeah I just noticed that. Isn't the whole point of M-LOK, light and secure attachment?

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-05-20, 08:43
On the only MLOK rail I own I'm running the Magpul Type 2 rail covers. They're nice and grippy, never had one come loose or fall out, and they work extremely well at keeping the heat off your hand.

https://magpul.com/m-lokrailcover-type2.html?mp_global_color=118

RHINOWSO
07-05-20, 08:53
BCM, nice, thin & light
This - I have them on two Centurion 13" MLOKs forends, including the CCU one.

I tried the Magpul ones, too bulky and bendy for me.

RHINOWSO
07-05-20, 08:55
Here they are on the Centurion Rail made for the 6920-R Trooper. Lock into place, very secure and low profile.

https://i.ibb.co/HKhh2KL/Screen-Shot-2020-07-05-at-8-54-48-AM.png (https://ibb.co/8mYYBmn)

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-05-20, 09:04
The problem with the BCM covers is they're so thin they do next to nothing for the heat. I've never been bothered by the thickness of the Magpul covers, but I have big hands.

07-05-20, 09:06
On the only MLOK rail I own I'm running the Magpul Type 2 rail covers. They're nice and grippy, never had one come loose or fall out, and they work extremely well at keeping the heat off your hand.

https://magpul.com/m-lokrailcover-type2.html?mp_global_color=118

Yeah, very grippy texture, good coverage, no metal hardware to burn me, and they hold paint well.

JediGuy
07-05-20, 21:43
I like both the CA covers (on my CCU) and the Magpul Type 2 (also on my CCU).
I have the CA covers on the sides and Magpuls on the bottom. Works for me, barely less bulk and provides a flat surface in the bottom.
Magpul Type 2 on other uppers.

titsonritz
07-08-20, 23:34
I really like the Railscales XOS MiniDots that I put on my Centurion M-Lok handguard. It's like they were made for it, but oddly the CA is not on the Railscale's list of compatible handguards. The G10 works great against heat, they are thin and have great traction. Their price is out of control though.

Hank6046
07-09-20, 12:36
This - I have them on two Centurion 13" MLOKs forends, including the CCU one.

I tried the Magpul ones, too bulky and bendy for me.

I agree. BCM just works, I have some Slate Black covers and they're great, but BCM for the money and fact that you can customize with a leatherman, I would say BCM all day long.

Chris17404
07-10-20, 16:15
BCM, nice, thin & light

Do the BCM M-LOK rail covers mount as securely as their Key-Mod ones? I have the Key-Mod covers and they snap into place very nicely and are a secure fit.

Sendit_Hit
07-10-20, 19:01
Very much a personal preference, but I got the magpul type 2's and they work fine for me. Easy install, solid, grippy, affordable.

ABNAK
07-10-20, 19:08
BCM, nice, thin & light

Absolutely, as long as you have slots in each "angle" of the rail. If it skips a slot you'll need more coverage from the covers, like what the Magpul Type 2's give.

nightchief
07-10-20, 20:15
Do the BCM M-LOK rail covers mount as securely as their Key-Mod ones? I have the Key-Mod covers and they snap into place very nicely and are a secure fit.

Not in my experience, especially when using a hand guard from a company besides BCM. The KM ones are more secure. I have the BCM ones on a URX4 and SLR Ion...they slide on both, and occasionally pop loose when doing a lot of dynamic shooting. Also, the BCM ones do a better job of heat protection if they can be utilized on the 130, 430, 730 and 930 angles. When I can only place on the 3, 6 & 9 of a hand guard, I prefer the Magpul type 2.

TonyAngel
07-14-20, 11:05
I bought a few sets of the BCM rail covers for my 11.3" build. They felt really nice and I liked them a lot. When I first installed them, they went on tight and didn't seem like they were going to fall off or anything. I now have about 3k rounds through that AR since I installed the rail covers and this past weekend, I found that one of the sections had fallen off. Apparently, the use and heat is having an effect on the covers. Either that, or the act of installing them and moving them had an effect, because I did do that a few times too.

jsbhike
07-14-20, 15:53
I have the BCM's and they are ok, but so far my favorite is using a wrap.