PDA

View Full Version : Post Election Run on AR's

CAPT KIRK
11-26-08, 21:18
Geeze..... I was expecting that there would be a run on guns if OBAMA got elected, but was still surprised at the extent of it.

Was on the Cold War Shooters site and saw that they have no AR platforms left in stock. The Noveske N4 Lo Profile I bought from them for $1900 is now listed for $3200 but is out of stock also. I went on Noveske's site and they are not even accepting orders for this particular complete gun at this time. Glad I picked mine up when I did. Noveske lower recievers are auctioning on gunbroker.com for $400-$500 right now. I imagine the same is true of guns by other manufacturers but just havent looked.

frogger
11-26-08, 23:26
It is amazing. I expected a bit of a run also, but not this big. I have been working since early summer to build an AR a part at a time as money allowed. I got my last parts ordered a week after the election and they should ship next week (a complete upper minus BCG) so I think I squeezed my order in before it got TOO insane. I also managed to get my last shipment of PMAGs by dumb luck just yesterday. My next project is to build up my supply of ammo and I fear this will be the most expensive part of this whole project. The ammo I wanted and found yesterday is already sold out and I'm weeks away from having the funds to order.

Ed L.
11-26-08, 23:54
You can still place orders for Noveske complete uppers.

10MMGary
11-27-08, 00:06
Just wait a few months, if that long. Far too many buyers are doing so without thinking. Christmas is coming, Wives and or SOs are not going to be happy. Bills are going to need to be paid every month. I see more lay offs cut backs and harder times before the tide turns. A lot of guns and gun stuff is going to be listed in the various forum's equipment exchanges and on the auction sites at great prices once the bills start showing up and reality sets in.

In regards to stupid<(IMHO) high prices, I say good for the manufactures distributors and re-sellers, many have been going through meager if not outright rough times in years past. It is about time for them to make some hay while the sun shines so to speak. However they won't be getting my hard earned dollars again until the panicked public is through with their hoarding and wasteful spending that is driving the price up. Heck who knows, gun shows may actually have mostly guns for sale and even some good deals once again:D.

Hell I didn't even think Senator Obama was going to win:(, but I too clearly remember the last attack(aka AWB) on the 2nd amendment and my civil rights. Having decided long ago to get what I considered important and or vital, I will ride this one out and start buying "pre-owned" from induviduals.

Bigun
11-27-08, 02:52
Dems are great salesmen for guns, Clinton was and now Obama who makes Clinton look like a hard line Republican is gonna put more AR's on the street than any potus in history.

26 Inf
01-13-18, 23:23
Dems are great salesmen for guns, Clinton was and now Obama who makes Clinton look like a hard line Republican is gonna put more AR's on the street than any potus in history.

Wow, wasn't this guy an accurate predictor.

Who would imagined that 8 years later the threat of another Clinton would spur the manufacturers to over produce in anticipation of another ban, thus paving the way for one of the best buyer's market's in history.

Who'd a thunk it?

Iraqgunz
01-14-18, 00:59
Who would have think this early in the year, we would have a few good entries in the Necropost of 2018 Awards category.

Wow, wasn't this guy an accurate predictor.

Who would imagined that 8 years later the threat of another Clinton would spur the manufacturers to over produce in anticipation of another ban, thus paving the way for one of the best buyer's market's in history.

Who'd a thunk it?