PDA

View Full Version : We've lost the War on Terror!

NoBody
11-27-08, 09:32
Deleted.

JBnTX
11-27-08, 10:35
Are you surprised?

The American news media is just as Anti-American as the Terrorists.

The terrorists deliberately target civilians and it's called a militant attack.

When the US Military accidentally kills a few civilians then it's an attrocity
and there must be an investigation.

NoBody
11-27-08, 11:03
Deleted.

Honu
11-27-08, 12:26
but bet those other news media will call us terrorists if we ever have to defend ourselves

Can read it now on msnbc after a home invasion and someone was just protecting their house !!!!
where the word terrorist will be one of us hard working citizens !

the terrorists who shot and killed a innocent migrant worker who was just trying to help his family by entering the terrorists home was shot with a automatic machine gun killing assault military weapon called a AR15 the terrorist must have been getting ready to unleash terror on our soil as he had many of these weapons of war and thousands of rounds of cop killer ammunition called XM193
we must put a stop to these terrorists in our country and ban all weapons and ammo

from bad reporter msnbc !!!

theblackknight
11-27-08, 13:17
but bet those other news media will call us terrorists if we ever have to defend ourselves

Can read it now on msnbc after a home invasion and someone was just protecting their house !!!!
where the word terrorist will be one of us hard working citizens !

the terrorists who shot and killed a innocent migrant worker who was just trying to help his family by entering the terrorists home was shot with a automatic machine gun killing assault military weapon called a AR15 the terrorist must have been getting ready to unleash terror on our soil as he had many of these weapons of war and thousands of rounds of cop killer ammunition called XM193
we must put a stop to these terrorists in our country and ban all weapons and ammo

from bad reporter msnbc !!!

source?????

Honu
11-27-08, 14:09
oops never mind

Dave L.
11-27-08, 14:16
I've watched some of Al Jizz-era, here in Iraqistan. They have been playing it non stop like all the other news stations.
Not sure about their website though.
I'll pay attention, see what they are saying.

Dave L.
11-27-08, 16:15
BBC- "Gunman"
Al Jazerra- "Gunman"
CNN- "Gunman"

What's funny is every Indian they interview was calling them "Terrorists".

NoBody
11-27-08, 16:33
Deleted.

Iraq Ninja
11-27-08, 16:35
Hell, I never use the T word over here. Don't see it used much in the INT SUMs either. Ok, the AQ people blowing up markets with car bombs, they earned the T. But, the locals putting out road side bombs to blown up my ass are insurgents and militia. Not sure about Dave L, but I am not too worried about what people call em.

NoBody
11-27-08, 16:39
Deleted.

Iraq Ninja
11-27-08, 16:41
Ah Ok, I guess I need to turn on Fox News and check this stuff out...

NoBody
11-27-08, 16:43
Deleted.

Submariner
11-27-08, 17:02
Didn't Osama jo Mama say we would bankrupt ourselves?

His plan seems to be working...

boltcatch
11-27-08, 17:32
Gunmen and Militants vs. Terrorists

It appears we are now fighting "gunmen" and "militants" and no longer terrorists. This is just a snap-shot observation, but this is what I noticed from reading the headlines of a number of different news sites coverage on the Mumbai, India, attacks...

The source and what the "persons of interest" are being called

CNN = Gunmen
Foxnews = Muslim Terrorists
Washington Post = Gunmen
New York Times = Militants
LA Times = Militants
ABC News = Militants
CBS News = Gunmen
NBC News = Militants
Drudge Report = Militants
BBC = Gunmen
alJazeera = No mention of attacks
International Herald Tribune = Militants

From the Princeton online dictionary:

Gunman- (1) a professional killer who uses a gun. (2) a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)

Militant - (1) activist (2) disposed to warfare or hard-line policies (3) showing a fighting disposition (3) belligerent

Terrorist - (1) a radical who employs terror as a political weapon

Hmmm...are not most of us on M4C "gunmen"??? Even a few are militant... I wonder if the terrorists have won and we are now the bad guys. The uneducated will conclude that everyone that owns a gun is a militant and thus a bad guy. Every time our government declares a "war on..." we seem to lose (e.g., the war on drugs).

This happened years ago, and anyone who was surprised or simply not paying attention needs to brush up on their Orwell. When you control the language, you get to frame the argument. The media insists on turning "terrorist" into a value judgement because, honestly, they approve of it when the terrorists are killing (from their standpoint) the "right" people. For example, Jews, Republicans, service members, capitalists, etc.

"Terrorism" and "Terrorist" are not value judgements - they are TACTICS.

The bulk of the media chose their side - and while that side is not the terrorists' per se, it's not ours either.

10MMGary
11-27-08, 18:18
source?????

uhhhhh I don't know maybe a source called common sense from past experience with the traitorous main steam media.

LibertyCola
11-28-08, 01:32
"war on terror" is an oxymoron thats just my 2 cents.

NoBody
11-28-08, 06:51
Deleted.

seb5
11-28-08, 07:47
I don't think we've lost the war yet, but we are teetering. When the majority or large segment of society thinks it's acceptable behavior to look the other way and apologize for a whole other segment of society to commit mass murder, we're close. In this day and age we can't put a name on who or what we're fighting. That's being "intolerant" to call it what it is. If we look the other way long enough, then we will have lost. YMMV.

Sam
11-28-08, 08:15
From Fox, they're still referring to the mooselims as "terrorists":

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/112808_mumbai5.jpg

Indian commando shooting AT something or somebody.

"Speed is fine, Accuracy is Final" is not his mantra.

NoBody
11-28-08, 08:17
Deleted.

Dave L.
11-28-08, 14:21
Hell, I never use the T word over here. Don't see it used much in the INT SUMs either. Ok, the AQ people blowing up markets with car bombs, they earned the T. But, the locals putting out road side bombs to blown up my ass are insurgents and militia. Not sure about Dave L, but I am not too worried about what people call em.

I hear ya, we don't refer to them as "terrorists". I could give a shit if they want blow up their own neighborhoods.
I just call them "savages".

...But...targeting westerners(infidels) just for being from "the west" is terrorism as far as I'm concerned.

eb2007
11-28-08, 17:02
They are just trying to condition viewers so when they come for our weapons and start calling us "gunmen" and "militants" people will identify with us as being the enemy. ;)

Aceventura
11-28-08, 18:27
On CNN the people who were caught up in this situation are calling these "Gunmen" Terrorists. :rolleyes:

jamesbond
11-28-08, 20:05

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=10475

1SFG
11-28-08, 20:16
Who gives a shit? Gunmen, militant, whatever - their ultimate goal is to strike terror into anyone they perceive as being their enemy. If winning or losing the war on terrorism is dependent on what the media is saying (whether it be fox or cnn) then our fricking society is lost. I won't even get started on all the ignorant "Obama is the coming of the next anti-christ" crap I've been seeing either. I'm regretting that my tour is coming to an end. Staying out here in the fight beats all the BS chatter (some of it not so subtle racism - yeah, I said it) that's floating around all over the place these days.

Mjolnir
12-07-08, 00:33

OUCH!! :confused: :D

toddackerman
12-07-08, 00:41
I don't care what label you put on these thugs, I'm fighting all of them if they cross my space!

Left Sig
12-07-08, 01:06
I don't think we've lost the war yet, but we are teetering. When the majority or large segment of society thinks it's acceptable behavior to look the other way and apologize for a whole other segment of society to commit mass murder, we're close. In this day and age we can't put a name on who or what we're fighting. That's being "intolerant" to call it what it is. If we look the other way long enough, then we will have lost. YMMV.

Well, we do kind of like to pick and chose which people we care about getting killed don't we? We really don't like it when muslim terrorists kill westerners, or western friendly people from India.

But we don't really seem to care about it so much when muslim government supported militias systematically kill 400,000 african people in Sudan. That is true terrorism.

I'm not saying I think we should intervene in Sudan. It is very much a civil war, and our involvement would probably be disastrous. We can't save the entire world. But we are looking the other way, and I suppose it's because the people getting killed in Sudan aren't westernized, or they aren't advanced enough, or maybe because there are so many that have been killed we can't even comprehend it so we just choose not to think about it.

But no matter how you cut it, muslims seem to be responsible for a whole lot of killing in the world right now, and it is not getting better. It will probably get a lot worse.

gyp_c2
12-07-08, 08:35
...it reminds me of a big-time music or sports event...
The media is just working the crowd. ...the curtain goes up, the lights and bombs go off in January, after the inauguration...
All the spin will be in place and it'll be Katie Bar the Door.
http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif