PDA

View Full Version : Experience with SIG P6/225 imports

Dan Goodwin
11-27-08, 09:35
Any of y'all pic up one of the SIG P6/225s imported recently? If so, how are they running, etc?

The price seems right and the size, too, for "light" days off duty.

tahoe
11-27-08, 19:24
Hey there. My wife owns a P225 we bought new about 4 years ago. I think it was right before they stopped importing the new ones. She likes the way it feels in her hand. The pistol is a good size for carry if thats your choice. The mags hold a decent round count (8) and are available. The P225 has been easy to maintain, points well and does offer the decocker. the gun shoots well, to point of aim with the sights. Recoil is nil with the 9 m/m. The prices on the imports seem good. I think we paid $ just at 600.00 back then. I have not seen one of the imports yet, so I am not sure what condition they are in.

Firecop203
11-27-08, 20:58
I got one of the P6's about 2 months ago. It came with a blue plastic box, 2 magazines, a test target, a manual that was completely in German, and a black leather holster and magazine pouch. I was told that it is a former German Police pistol. The finish looks worn from holster wear on the outside, but after taking it apart the inside looks brand new. It had the offficers name handwritten on the label on the box. I gave $275.00 for it. It shoots really well, groups about 2" at 25 yards, however it is finicky about hollowpoints. The double action pull is heavy and the single action pull is just right. I read on Sigforums that lighter weight springs from Wolff springs can be installed and make a lot of difference.

SIGfest
11-27-08, 21:50
The 225-P6 imports are a great deal if you get it from a good dealer. One honest about slide wear, internals, barrel ramp. A Sig 225 can be had for 500.00-550.00. + or -. A P6 for 300.00, And it may need a refinish. But depends on what it's used for. CCW, a great choice. Safe queen, maybe not. Figure Parts Kit for 30.00., refinish for 100.00. Or less. Usually only the slide needs done. If you want a nice dependable P6 that looks newish, figure 400-425.00 after all said and done right. If you want a truck gun, change the springs, 30.00, and you'll be happy.

When these first hit the market, Dan's Sporting Goods had them in XC condition for 269.00 (?). He is probably sold out. Now the quality is down. And maybe the price is up. Check around, ask lots of questions. They are a great single stack 9.

Firecop--If the P6 didn't have much use, get some snap caps and dry fire while watching TV. Lube it well, and practice breathing and trigger control. It will smooth out but still have a heavy pull. Usually it will break pretty clean tho. Overall, a heavy but nice trigger. The German Police didn't want any AD/ND.

aedavis
12-02-08, 06:33
I bought a Sig P6 locally a few months ago. It was in good shape, but not perfect shape. Mechanically it was fine, but the bluing was worn on the slide. I paid my local gunsmith $25 to reblue the slide - here's a pic of it after the refinish:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r101/allanedavis/P6rightsideafterreblue-blackedoutnu.jpg

I don't really like double action pistols, but that notwithstanding, it is okay. I think for the $300 I paid it is a good deal, but note that spare mags are expensive.