PDA

View Full Version : Netflix “The Old Guard”

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-14-20, 07:50
The whole family enjoyed watching it. Think of it kind of like Highlander meets The A-Team. Starts out strong, gets a little laggy 2/3 of the way in, but is a solid action and shoot them up movie. Some good gun handling skills along with some ninja moves. Obviously because of the time it has some SJW angles to it, but I have to give them a lot of credit in that they integrated it into the storyline so that made sense and wasn’t forced like a lot of the Marvel comic stupidity. Totally set up for a sequel. My wife is totally Jonesing to see the next one. I’d rather watch the sequel to this than the next jack Ryan Junior POC on prime.

“Do you know Russian?“, Is the new “sometimes you have to shoot the hostage“.

JediGuy
07-14-20, 21:54
We enjoyed it. Not amazing, but a good story. The sequel leadin was super obvious, though.

AwaySooner
07-14-20, 21:57
Not to mention Charlize Theron still super hot at her age.

militarymoron
07-14-20, 22:10
I was entertained.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-20, 09:21
Not to mention Charlize Theron still super hot at her age.

For a couple times I thought the movie was going to go nuclear and full “atomic blonde“, but they didn’t go there, dammit.

hotrodder636
07-15-20, 09:23
Miles and miles of HK in this movies.

JediGuy
07-15-20, 11:06
Miles and miles of HK in this movies.

Yes, that was very noticeable.

sundance435
07-15-20, 11:22
For a couple times I thought the movie was going to go nuclear and full “atomic blonde“, but they didn’t go there, dammit.

I DVR'd "Atomic Blonde" the other day - apparently it was on a network, so 1 minute into the opening I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch it with the blurr-i-vision. I love that movie, great 80's nostalgia.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-16-20, 00:34
I DVR'd "Atomic Blonde" the other day - apparently it was on a network, so 1 minute into the opening I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch it with the blurr-i-vision. I love that movie, great 80's nostalgia.

That Porsche 911 and lesbians.... One-shot fight scenes..

fred
07-16-20, 02:07
That Porsche 911 and lesbians.... One-shot fight scenes..
I MUST see this. Atomic Blonde seemed a stupid movie but I loved every minute of it. I like her in Furry Road too.

sapper36
07-19-20, 19:42
" Highlander meets The A-Team" A perfect summary!

SteyrAUG
07-19-20, 23:16
Charlize and Hks, guess I'm gonna have to watch it.

Was just watching The Devil's Advocate the other night and my god she was stunning.

MountainRaven
07-20-20, 12:55
Watched it last night. Thought it was dumb, but fun. I enjoyed it.

ETA: Shades of the early 2000s: Lots of G36s, USPs, MP7s... nothing after the scenes in South Sudan and Afghanistan had an optic, light, or laser on it.

SteyrAUG
07-20-20, 17:58
For a group of operators that have been doing this for centuries, they made a lot of millennial type basic mistakes. Swords were retarded. Should have been almost impossible to ambush them.

Interesting idea with comic book level execution.

just a scout
07-20-20, 18:30
For a group of operators that have been doing this for centuries, they made a lot of millennial type basic mistakes. Swords were retarded. Should have been almost impossible to ambush them.

Yeah, but there can be only One. (Team)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hotrodder636
07-20-20, 18:55
Well, it was based on a comic book you know...

SteyrAUG
07-21-20, 01:01
Well, it was based on a comic book you know...

Didn't know that, but makes sense.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-21-20, 11:35
Atomic Wicklanders.

It was ok, definitely wouldn’t have been as happy if I saw it in theater

Tigereye
07-21-20, 21:04
My wife and I thought it was entertaining.