PDA

View Full Version : Bari Weiss resignation Letter form the NYT

WillBrink
07-14-20, 12:59
And quite a letter it is. He was run out due to "Wrong Think" and calls them out on what they have become.

"But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else."

Cont:

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Striker6
07-14-20, 13:42
Bari is a she, not a he.

caporider
07-14-20, 13:45
And quite a letter it is. He was run out due to "Wrong Think" and calls them out on what they have become.

"But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else."

Cont:

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

I agree 100% with Bari's premise.

Ties in nicely with the Harper's letter. It will most certainly trigger the same people as the Harper's letter.

Grand58742
07-14-20, 14:08
Very well written and dovetails nicely with what we already know about the "press" these days.

WillBrink
07-14-20, 14:13
Bari is a she, not a he.

Even better!

Hank6046
07-14-20, 14:47

Well said.

The_War_Wagon
07-14-20, 16:48
New Yawk SLIMES?! :eek:

Is that thing STILL around?! :blink:

TomMcC
07-14-20, 18:13
I suppose this is another case of reaping what you sow. Things must be tense and sullen at the NY Times...one false word and under the bus you go.

prepare
07-14-20, 18:27
The revolutionary communists are driving the train and we're riding it.

SteyrAUG
07-14-20, 18:39
She was just a staff editor, not the Editor in Chief. This will amount to nothing.

NYT will declare sour grapes / not a good fit. She'll never work for another large paper again, she will probably have to start a blog and beg for support.

Grand58742
07-14-20, 19:08
She was just a staff editor, not the Editor in Chief. This will amount to nothing.

NYT will declare sour grapes / not a good fit. She'll never work for another large paper again, she will probably have to start a blog and beg for support.

I'd tend to think she has a very good cause for a civil lawsuit if what she said was true about the hostile work environment she claimed to have in that letter. Right now, it is nothing more than sour grapes. But if the conversations she alleges to have had come out...

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-14-20, 20:14
I'd tend to think she has a very good cause for a civil lawsuit if what she said was true about the hostile work environment she claimed to have in that letter. Right now, it is nothing more than sour grapes. But if the conversations she alleges to have had come out...

Yep, and I bet she has plenty of evidence of it all.

titsonritz
07-14-20, 21:17

Yep, full discovery time.

rocsteady
07-15-20, 14:07
Nothing to see here. Nothing will come of it. She will fade into the past. Now if an uber leftist decided to leave a conservative business under the same circumstances, we all know the world would know their name within hours and there would be "4000 op-eds" about it, CEO would be forced out, business would be cancelled and on and on