PDA

View Full Version : CDC donating to dems

dpb1776
07-19-20, 00:35
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/17/cdc-employee-political-contributions-democratic-pacs/

This was really interesting and disturbing
Employees at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have made more than 8,000 contributions totaling over $285,000 to Democratic candidates and causes since 2015, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of political contributions.

Only five contributions were sent to a Republican PAC or candidate. Out of these five contributions, which totaled just over $1,000, three sent money to President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign efforts, Federal Election Commission (FEC) records indicate.

The contributions were made by more than 550 people who listed the CDC as their employer on FEC forms. The contributors serve at various levels of management, ranging from nurses and information technology personnel to epidemiologists, public health advisors and the chief financial officer.

The CDC did not respond to a request for comment from the DCNF.

WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 08: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield speaks as U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and Vice President Mike Pence listen during a White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing at the U.S. Department of Education July 8, 2020 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)

just a scout
07-19-20, 06:11
We know from visual evidence that the CDC is putting out bad info on this virus to make it look as bad as possible for Trump.

This whole thing is related to the election and CDC is another agency corrupted with fellow travelers by Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsbhike
07-19-20, 12:09
They have been deleterious for decades.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickey_Amendment

flenna
07-19-20, 12:25
A non-accountable government bureaucracy interested in only furthering its own power and budget? Say it isn't so....

Diamondback
07-19-20, 13:11
Well, they ARE Big Government, and the Dems ARE the Party of Big Government... in other news, fire burns, shit stinks and water is wet.

ChattanoogaPhil
07-19-20, 15:07
I've never paid that much attention to these institutions, simply presuming they were on top of their game. Unfortunately, CDC, NIH, FDA and OSG have all demonstrated incompetence beyond anything I would have imagined, including purposeful lies and manipulation of the American people.

Averageman
07-19-20, 15:36
I've never paid that much attention to these institutions, simply presuming they were on top of their game. Unfortunately, CDC, NIH, FDA and OSG have all demonstrated incompetence beyond anything I would have imagined, including purposeful lies and manipulation of the American people.

Incompetence or corruption?
The coincidences are tipping like rows of dominoes, this news just being another domino. No one can be held accountable because it's a "best guess" based on data being interpreted on unbiased scientific opinion.
The key word being unbiased.

HardToHandle
07-19-20, 20:41
Yawn.
I cannot think of a federal agency workforce that likely gives any less money percentage wise to Republicans. The CDC has most of their workforce in either Atlanta or DC. They do have some rotational roles filled by the US Public Health Service’s Commissioned Officers, but most are good ole unionized ticket punchers. Like most unionized government jobs, the Democrats have effectively captured the entire workforce.

As for them smearing Trump purposefully... Trump’s COVID response went off the rails in February. Trump personally owns that lack of leadership and general fecklessness. He allowed clowns like Gavin Newsom and Cuomo write the playbook while he buffooned at the daily briefings, literally making it up as he went. The CDC didn’t have a chance to help nor hurt - it was a reality show with no script.

Honestly, the Republicans have done themselves no favors for the last three decades running down unions. Trump was elected by union pipefitters, linemen, etc. in Pennsylvania, Florida and a half dozen other states. And now the Dems are using the same tactics against the police unions.

AndyLate
07-21-20, 07:10
It's no suprise, and no suprise the medical community leans left in general. More education means more re-education.

Very nearly all federal workers are in some sort of union, and unions are collectivist by their very nature.

Andy