PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Stop feeding the retards

vicious_cb
07-19-20, 05:07
Ive noticed alot whiners in the AR forums lately asking for "just gimme the info" answers. Mods are even posting "What is the purpose of this AR/ammo/part?" to further individualize the needs of said posters, yet said posters completely dismiss such questions and DEMAND THE ANSWERS. The foundation of M4C was gathering first hand info, discussing and debating the info. You are NOT helping entitled retards who demand answers/data/info by spoon feeding it to them.

tn1911
07-19-20, 09:00
You're assuming a level of intelligence that's slowly going extinct in the world.

The supermajority of teens and twenty somethings today are by far the worst generation ever.

JoshNC
07-19-20, 10:47
There certainly has been an uptick in the stupidity of late on all forums.

AndyLate
07-19-20, 11:09
I was going to reply before, but then I realized I might be one of the retards.

Andy

SomeOtherGuy
07-19-20, 11:17
I probably hit "post" for 1/3 of the replies I type up... but that is going up as I realize not to start the reply in the first place.

There's a wealth of knowledge in past discussions and it's fairly easy to search.

Averageman
07-19-20, 11:40
Everyone went their own comfortable level of crazy the first week of June.
To avoid an assault charge, I stay home a lot and when I don't I wear a mask.

I probably hit "post" for 1/3 of the replies I type up... but that is going up as I realize not to start the reply in the first place.

There's a wealth of knowledge in past discussions and it's fairly easy to search.

You could get a box of parts, another box of tools and do a complete assembly with all of your questions answered along the way using the TM and the Search function here.

The_War_Wagon
07-19-20, 11:58

I attribute a LOT of it to the long-time anti's - who, when it came time to put their money where their beliefs were - caved, ran out, bought guns they know NOTHING about, and want us to turn them into overnight commandos.

I wish them all the best... on some dime OTHER than mine...

titsonritz
07-19-20, 14:50
I attribute a LOT of it to the long-time anti's - who, when it came time to put their money where their beliefs were - caved, ran out, bought guns they know NOTHING about, and want us to turn them into overnight commandos.

I wish them all the best... on some dime OTHER than mine...

The funny part is when all those retards found out first hand you can't just order a gun off the internet and shipped to your door step and/or got a delay from an FFL due to the skyrocketing demand and had to walk out empty handed. Then standing there in front of empty ammo selves. It's ****ing hilarious to me.

flenna
07-19-20, 15:10
The funny part is when all those retards found out first hand you can't just order a gun off the internet and shipped to your door step and/or got a delay from an FFL due to the skyrocketing demand and had to walk out empty handed. Then standing there in front of empty ammo selves. It's ****ing hilarious to me.

And they will still vote "D" in November....

Dist. Expert 26
07-19-20, 15:42
You're assuming a level of intelligence that's slowly going extinct in the world.

The supermajority of teens and twenty somethings today are by far the worst generation ever.

I'm completely confident that our current political climate/financial situation/general lack of freedoms didn't spring up in the last 10-20 years.

Decades of "lesser evil" voting, apathy and ignorance got us to this point. This country is controlled by people who are almost all older than my parents.

But sure, blame the younger generation for your failures.

tn1911
07-19-20, 16:00
But sure, blame the younger generation for your failures.

Not blaming them for my problems, I see and deal with these tide pod eating morons daily on campus. I’m currently in a masters program at Tennessee Tech. Currently on hiatus due to the Chinamart flu...

Yes they are dumb beyond belief.

titsonritz
07-19-20, 16:21
Not blaming them for my problems, I see and deal with these tide pod eating morons daily on campus. I’m currently in a masters program at Tennessee Tech. Currently on hiatus due to the Chinamart flu...

And yet they KNOW everything.

Dist. Expert 26
07-19-20, 16:22

Generalizing an entire segment of the population over a few ridiculous YouTube videos. Seems legit. I hope that "masters program" doesn't require much analytical thinking.

07-19-20, 16:33
Nevermind. But do capitalize proper nouns, please.

Averageman
07-19-20, 18:56
I remember coming home from the field to be greeted with a bunch of happy boxes with parts.
Take a shower, wash some clothes and get started. Somewhere around the 29 hours with no sleep I washed my hands and went to bed at 23:00. I had a dream, took apart the lower reassembled and did a function check on the trigger and went back to bed.
That's when it becomes a sickness.

Mozart
07-19-20, 19:08
Calling someone a “retard” is hate speech. You are a bigot.

ABNAK
07-19-20, 19:32
Calling someone a “retard” is hate speech. You are a bigot.

[taps Sarcasm Meter and changes batteries just to be on the safe side]

tn1911
07-19-20, 19:54
Generalizing an entire segment of the population over a few ridiculous YouTube videos. Seems legit. I hope that "masters program" doesn't require much analytical thinking.

You love injecting your opinion as if it’s fact don’t you...

Have a great weekend my friend

dewshe
07-19-20, 20:16
I remember joining this site 10 years ago. I spent hours reading what seemed like every thread on the site.

Despite reading on a fairly regular basis over the last 10 years, that knowledge I attained 10 years ago still makes up 90-95% of what I know of the AR platform.

Mozart
07-19-20, 22:35
[taps Sarcasm Meter and changes batteries just to be on the safe side]

Yeah, I was totally being serious. I LOVE SJW wokescolding. Society is SO much better because of us

TomMcC
07-19-20, 23:29
Who is being talked about...new people that ask questions? I haven't noticed any demanding whiners, but evidently others have.

1911-A1
07-20-20, 07:25

Literally every generation has been called "the worst so far" by the previous generation.

sgtrock82
07-20-20, 11:21
Literally every generation has been called "the worst so far" by the previous generation.This. That anyone seriously gets their panties in a wad over this stuff is asinine.

Goes hand in hand with the "Ok boomer" and anything "dad" related...but sling mud at the youth and they start balling their eyes out and crying about whats fair.

Stick and stones.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

26 Inf
07-20-20, 14:39
Who is being talked about...new people that ask questions? I haven't noticed any demanding whiners, but evidently others have.

Apparently this upset some folks, not that it wasn't kind of a dick post:

Geez, guys! Thanks for all the superfluous info but read the post.

Again, besides IMI, are there any other 5.56 using low signature powder? Heck, even .223. I need names!

Currently, I'm shooting Federal/Frontier 55gr 5.56 with a BCM Mod 0 Compensator (https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcmgunfighter-compensator-mod-0-5-56/).

. . and yes, I know a compensator is not a flash hider.[/SIZE]

"Just shut up and give me the info" typically wont get you the response you want.

Apparently, neither will just posting a simple question.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?224518-Recommend-low-flash-signature-5-56-ammo

I get the frustration on the OP's part about folks not reading his post and replying strictly to his question, but dayum there are a lot of variables, as several folks nicely tried to point out.

Going back and re-reading, I'm kind of sorry I took the time to try a give a cogent response.

The_War_Wagon
07-20-20, 15:21
I remember joining this site 10 years ago. I spent hours reading what seemed like every thread on the site.

Despite reading on a fairly regular basis over the last 10 years, that knowledge I attained 10 years ago still makes up 90-95% of what I know of the AR platform.

Hear, hear!

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-20-20, 15:31

There is a certian level and then it is just small variations on the mechanism/tech. There aren't many questions that haven't been answered, but then you aren't a forum, you are a faq page. So people ask stupid/redundant questions- it let's the guys who know show what they know- and it gives them a chance to explain it in a new way. That is at least how I rationalize it.

Literally every generation has been called "the worst so far" by the previous generation.

Civilization has been in decline since it started.

SteyrAUG
07-20-20, 17:45
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

If it's a bunch of new people asking what is the best overall AR platform, why not just tell them to get a Colt 6920? It's the strongest feature of this forum, in areas that aren't terribly subjective, people through experience or research HAVE the answer.

Or is the problem a case of people asking "Is my Core 15 just as good as a Colt?" and then wanting to argue if they don't get the answer they want?

Or is it people who want immediate gratification without having to spend months reading the forum? It kind of sounds like that is the problem and if so I don't understand the mindset. If somebody wants to know some obscure HK question I don't tell them which 5 books to read (like I had to), I just tell them what I know and if they question the validity of the answer I tell them where I got the information.

Now sometimes if it's something that has been extensively detailed already, I'll just post a link to the thread. I understand not everyone is going to spend a few grand buying the Collectors Grade Publications library. I understand a lot of people aren't old enough to know about Ed Ezell or a dozen other guys. Also not everyone is military and LE and many of those who are have never fired their weapon except for qualifications and drills.

So if those people come here looking for answers (which makes them unique because they don't simply assume they know everything already), what is the harm in answering questions? Even ones that have been asked and answered a few times? Especially given that a couple well founded answers are sometimes all it takes to flip a switch and turn on a light bulb and a person who might carry a firearm for a living suddenly understands and considers an entire new viewpoint they hadn't even know existed to that point.

I have learned more useful stuff from people who were willing to answer my 12 stupid questions and then suddenly I saw a pattern of useful information.

caporider
07-20-20, 18:38
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

If it's a bunch of new people asking what is the best overall AR platform, why not just tell them to get a Colt 5920? It's the strongest feature of this forum, in areas that aren't terribly subjective, people through experience or research HAVE the answer.

Or is the problem a case of people asking "Is my Core 15 just as good as a Colt?" and then wanting to argue if they don't get the answer they want?

Or is it people who want immediate gratification without having to spend months reading the forum? It kind of sounds like that is the problem and if so I don't understand the mindset. If somebody wants to know some obscure HK question I don't tell them which 5 books to read (like I had to), I just tell them what I know and if they question the validity of the answer I tell them where I got the information.

Now sometimes if it's something that has been extensively detailed already, I'll just post a link to the thread. I understand not everyone is going to spend a few grand buying the Collectors Grade Publications library. I understand a lot of people aren't old enough to know about Ed Ezell or a dozen other guys. Also not everyone is military and LE and many of those who are have never fired their weapon except for qualifications and drills.

So if those people come here looking for answers (which makes them unique because they don't simply assume they know everything already), what is the harm in answering questions? Even ones that have been asked and answered a few times? Especially given that a couple well founded answers are sometimes all it takes to flip a switch and turn on a light bulb and a person who might carry a firearm for a living suddenly understands and considers an entire new viewpoint they hadn't even know existed to that point.

I have learned more useful stuff from people who were willing to answer my 12 stupid questions and then suddenly I saw a pattern of useful information.

I almost started Googling Colt 5920 until I realized what you meant... :)

TomMcC
07-20-20, 19:09
Apparently this upset some folks, not that it wasn't kind of a dick post:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?224518-Recommend-low-flash-signature-5-56-ammo

I get the frustration on the OP's part about folks not reading his post and replying strictly to his question, but dayum there are a lot of variables, as several folks nicely tried to point out.

Going back and re-reading, I'm kind of sorry I took the time to try a give a cogent response.

Thanks, got it now. That post was a bit much.

THCDDM4
07-20-20, 23:29
I thought this thread was going to be about Palmetto State Armory feeding retards poorly built rifles...

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-21-20, 00:38
I thought this thread was going to be about Palmetto State Armory feeding retards poorly built rifles...

That is totally meta

I really don't know what meta means.

SteyrAUG
07-21-20, 00:44
I almost started Googling Colt 5920 until I realized what you meant... :)

Dammit.

SteyrAUG
07-21-20, 00:47
Thanks, got it now. That post was a bit much.

Adding myself to the "Ohhhh....now I know what you are talking about" list. I guess this is what happens when you spend most of your time in GD.

matemike
07-21-20, 07:18

Same here. I read all the way through looking for a creative and timely bash on PSA. I then though I was a "R-word" myself because I could not find it.

Not knocking or defending PSA, but I don't know how they single handedly caused the subject issue that this thread is about...

SteyrAUG
07-21-20, 19:09
Same here. I read all the way through looking for a creative and timely bash on PSA. I then though I was a "R-word" myself because I could not find it.

Not knocking or defending PSA, but I don't know how they single handedly caused the subject issue that this thread is about...

Public Service Announcement.

Now I don't feel like the only kid on the short bus.

titsonritz
07-21-20, 19:17
Yeah, I first thought it was another Palmetto State Armory bash thread, too.

Diamondback
07-21-20, 19:23
Worth noting that every single person here was a n00b once too... :) some of us have come farther from Standing Start than others, though.

ColtSeavers
07-22-20, 21:14
That is totally meta

I really don't know what meta means.

Most
Efficient
Tool / Tactic
Available

ubet
07-23-20, 20:22

I was in that boat with you. I’m still confused on what this is conversation is about.

All I got from it is someone is mad at the older generation, an older guy said the young generation was a bunch of retards, 26 came in with quotes from somewhere else, a few guys realize everyone was a noob at one time, not all of us are sme out of the womb, that forums have gone down hill since June 1 and I still don’t know what this has to do with the price of rice in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzman
07-23-20, 21:55
It seems even guys that have been here for years are waiting for the short bus.

I've been tempted several times to ask an OP where they've got XXX user stashed (or does your dad know you're using his account?), cause the question's only appropriate for a newb.

2 examples very recently.

tommyrott
07-24-20, 13:16
When asked on a scale of 1-10 how stupid people can be, answer is 55

ScottsBad
07-24-20, 14:38

^ Same for me. There is an absolute wealth of knowledge in the forum if you take the time to read it. But it is true that if you have the attention span of a gnat it can be frustrating. Even YouTube is too slow for Tide pod suckers because only seek INFORMATION, not UNDERSTANDING.

Understanding requires reason & logical thought processes which are built on previous understanding of related subjects. I see this all the time, Tide pod suckers cannot explain anything because they don't understand the logic or reasoning. But they can get an answer, even if its the wrong one, because they don't understand how its derived.

Its the Google generation, get the answer quick, but its not necessary to understand it. It becomes comical when you ask the Tide pod suckers to explain something.

Groyper
08-05-20, 02:02

Well who raised us?

SteyrAUG
08-05-20, 04:59
Well who raised us?

Single parents and day care?

08-05-20, 08:36
Yeah, well some Millennials are supervising EMS agencies, fighting fire, riding helos, fighting terrorism, manning riot lines, 1SG’ing Reserve units, taking up the 2a cause, etc. Some are doing several, with no/few days off.

What if I told you most Unit Members are Millennials? Do you even know what that means?

Enjoy your keyboard. I’ll be there to defibrillate you and/or confiscate your meth in due time.

Edit: Nothing? No one? Thats what I thought. Continue your previously scheduled LVAD programming.

SBRSarge
08-05-20, 12:58
I gotta admit. When I saw the thread title, I thought it was gonna be a “Bash Palmetto State Armory thread”.

vicious_cb
08-05-20, 20:48
No that usually happens in AR general every few months.

What Im talking about is essentially someone running into a library and screaming at the front desk person to tell them everything they know mechanical engineering.

BuzzinSATX
08-05-20, 21:11
LOL! Bunch of crotchety ol geezers complaining about those “damn kids who don’t know shite! “

I can almost picture some of y’all standing at your front door in a green field jacket and boonie hat with a retro pencil barrel M16 with carry handle yelling for them to get off your lawn!

vicious_cb
08-05-20, 21:35
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FuzLml7JdQDQ%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

SteyrAUG
08-05-20, 22:08
LOL! Bunch of crotchety ol geezers complaining about those “damn kids who don’t know shite! “

I can almost picture some of y’all standing at your front door in a green field jacket and boonie hat with a retro pencil barrel M16 with carry handle yelling for them to get off your lawn!

https://i.imgur.com/Jcqlcs6.png

26 Inf
08-05-20, 23:35
Yeah, well some Millennials are supervising EMS agencies, fighting fire, riding helos, fighting terrorism, manning riot lines, 1SG’ing Reserve units, taking up the 2a cause, etc. Some are doing several, with no/few days off.

What if I told you most Unit Members are Millennials? Do you even know what that means?

Enjoy your keyboard. I’ll be there to defibrillate you and/or confiscate your meth in due time.

Edit: Nothing? No one? Thats what I thought. Continue your previously scheduled LVAD programming.

Really, you had to go back two weeks to find something to get butt hurt about? Run a lap and shake it off. ;)

08-06-20, 03:55
Really, you had to go back two weeks to find something to get butt hurt about? Run a lap and shake it off. ;)

First time I checked this thread in a while. Didn’t look at dates. That rant wasn’t directed at you; I gather that you’ve done things with your life.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-06-20, 09:48
50 replies to a thread titled "Stop feeding retards".

MountainRaven
08-06-20, 12:55
50 replies to a thread titled "Stop feeding retards".

Writes a reply anyway.

;)

3 AE
08-06-20, 21:13
Many years ago when members would ask for answers on topics that were discussed many times over and sometimes not. The most often used response from Mods and members alike was, "Click on the orange search icon at the top of the page". Maybe we can suggest to the powers that be to bring it back, but make it much bigger! Oh, and responses like "My search foo is lacking" or "I'm not sure how to phrase my search" didn't carry too much weight. You had to post some of your attempts in the search for what you wanted in order to prove that you even tried. "Tough Search Love" is needed here! As always, "Have Nice Day".

CRAMBONE
08-06-20, 21:52
What’s “LVAD”?

vicious_cb
08-07-20, 00:58
If you are getting angry at being called out, this may be you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kav7tifmyTg

The_War_Wagon
08-07-20, 08:53
Understanding requires reason & logical thought processes which are built on previous understanding of related subjects.

There is also understanding through the school of hard knocks - something a LOTTA first timers aren't "getting"... yet.

Not so much on this board, but I've seen a LOTTA threads on a lot of other boards like: "Outfit my rifle with an optic." "What's the best widget for MY rifle?" "Where can I FIND the best widget for my rifle?" And so forth.

It's not even a matter of "search foo" - it's people wanting to be kitted to look like a Space Shuttle door gunner, with NO experience with gear, what it does, or in many cases - even what it LOOKS like!

READING here - especially the early days, 10 - 12 years ago - gave me insight as to WHAT was out there. It took actually owning and using EOTech & Trijicon optics, before I came to appreciate Aimpoints - and equipping my rifles thusly. Newb wants the end-all-be-all widget for his rifle, which is still in cosmoline/factory oil, and has yet to be fired! He doesn't even know what the widget does; he just saw it on someone's rifle in "68 Whiskey," and wants one too. :rolleyes:

And then there's the Poverty Pony, with UTG gear and a Breaks-a optic - and the guy wants to know why he can't hit the ground with his "Tier 1 gear"... :jester:

08-08-20, 00:56
Many years ago when members would ask for answers on topics that were discussed many times over and sometimes not. The most often used response from Mods and members alike was, "Click on the orange search icon at the top of the page". Maybe we can suggest to the powers that be to bring it back, but make it much bigger! Oh, and responses like "My search foo is lacking" or "I'm not sure how to phrase my search" didn't carry too much weight. You had to post some of your attempts in the search for what you wanted in order to prove that you even tried. "Tough Search Love" is needed here! As always, "Have Nice Day".

I very much get that, but I do wish the search function worked better. I’ve typed in the exact title of threads and struggled to find them. I’ve also followed the search posted by the mod and gotten “no results found”. Usually I back out of the page ad search it via google. But yeah, dudes need to read more, for sure.

What’s “LVAD”? left ventricular assist device. My distasteful rant was about older people thinking their generation is a special snowflake, but I got a little carried away.

3 AE
08-08-20, 22:51
I very much get that, but I do wish the search function worked better. I’ve typed in the exact title of threads and struggled to find them. I’ve also followed the search posted by the mod and gotten “no results found”. Usually I back out of the page ad search it via google. But yeah, dudes need to read more, for sure.

left ventricular assist device. My distasteful rant was about older people thinking their generation is a special snowflake, but I got a little carried away.

1168, You are right on about the "Search Function" being less than stellar. For some reason, it's not able to display the entire posts on a search request. It's been brought up in the "Sight Questions & Comments" Forum, but no update since about a month ago. Hopefully that issue will be resolved in the future.

3 AE
08-08-20, 23:17

LOL! Actually, I'm wearing a Woodland camo field jacket and Boonie hat with my garden hose tricked out with a Magpul MOE gripped spray nozzle in my left hand and a boom box in my right, blaring out Aretha Franklin's RESPECT! So far the neighbors have given me a wide berth, but those damn dogs just sit there and howl!

ColtSeavers
08-08-20, 23:54
LOL! Actually, I'm wearing a Woodland camo field jacket and Boonie hat with my garden hose tricked out with a Magpul MOE gripped spray nozzle in my left hand and a boom box in my right, blaring out Aretha Franklin's RESPECT! So far the neighbors have given me a wide berth, but those damn dogs just sit there and howl!

Based on this, I think I'm going to go the Cousin Eddie route.

https://i.imgflip.com/21b938.jpg