PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the different models of Ruger .22's for me?

MisterWilson
11-27-08, 13:32
So far there seem to be the Mk I, II, II, & 22/45.

Which are most preferable?

Which make for better suppressor hosts?

Robb Jensen
11-27-08, 14:04
So far there seem to be the Mk I, II, II, & 22/45.

Which are most preferable?

Which make for better suppressor hosts?

Mk 1 original design, european style mag release, no slide stop
MK II european style mag release, does have a slide stop and lock backs bolt when empty.
Mk III American style mag release, has slide stop and firing pin safety.

22/45 original had American style mag release, slide stop and no mag disconnect.
Mk3 22/45 has American style mag release, slide stop and does have a mag disconnect.

Typically many people prefer the Mk II. The MkIII is little harder to reassemble but it's still a very nice design.

skyugo
11-27-08, 14:30
does the MKIII still have the loaded chamber indicator that indexes off the cartridge rim? i've heard if you tap that thing just right on a loaded chamber it will go off.... :eek:

DM-SC
11-27-08, 19:59
does the MKIII still have the loaded chamber indicator that indexes off the cartridge rim? i've heard if you tap that thing just right on a loaded chamber it will go off.... :eek:

I've never heard that one before. The Mk III does have the loaded chamber indicator.

firecapt1
12-12-08, 14:26
i have a mk II and love keep it clean and wet and no probs

MisterWilson
08-31-09, 23:49
Lets resurrect this thread with a question:

Are all Ruger & aftermarket uppers compatible with all generations of lowers?

nfranco
12-25-10, 20:53
my error

dalto
12-25-10, 21:26
The mk series are basically generational improvements of the same gun as mentioned above. The 22/45 is a different gun altogether.

The 22/45 has a 1911-like grip angle while the Mark xxx is angled more.

Call_me_Tom
12-29-10, 15:26
Lets resurrect this thread with a question:

Are all Ruger & aftermarket uppers compatible with all generations of lowers?

As far as I know, yes. The only thing that I can think of is that the MkIII would need a little work to remove the magazine/firing pin disconnect.