PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Snitches Outed

prepare
07-23-20, 06:09
It doesn't take much imagination to see how this could play out when the civil conflict intensify's...

https://politicalfireball.com/2020/06/15/it-begins-list-of-governors-quislings-and-snitches/

OH58D
07-23-20, 07:45
I did a Control F search in each of those pdf's and I didn't see my name or business name. Interesting they were able to get hold of the original e-mails. Either sloppy handling at the State level or just someone not cool with a snitch line.

Co-gnARR
07-23-20, 08:56
I did a Control F search in each of those pdf's and I didn't see my name or business name. Interesting they were able to get hold of the original e-mails. Either sloppy handling at the State level or just someone not cool with a snitch line.

This knife cuts both ways. Outing the tattle tales and hypocrites is not a bad thing, especially when it is two faced liars being exposed.
However, poor handling of confidential information is never a good thing. My neighbor received death threats because of an email she sent to local police about their perceived inaction. The neighborhood as a whole, myself included, reported a drug dealer who moved onto our street. Despite requests for increased patrols, daily break & enter attempts and violent confrontations in the neighborhood, the problem persisted. Needless fo say, property crime skyrocketed and all sorts of unsavory people came into the area, leaving needles and feces everywhere. My neighbor was fed up and emailed the area commander and city council, pleading for action. After the dealer was apprehended (not on drug charges), that email was forwarded to my neighbor, with explicit detail of her phone calls and communications to the police. The sender made multiple death threats to her family. How these people got a hold of her email address or her unlisted phone number is unknown, but I suspect some one was sloppy with their handling of the case.

Vandal
07-23-20, 09:42
For some reason people think those emails and phone calls are protected, they are not. They can all be pulled under FOIA requests. Any 911 calls are recorded including the caller ID data is saved and available, even the "anonymous" calls.

The COVID-19 "reporters" in WA had their names released a month or so back and it caused a minor uproar. I looked though the cities I worked in and saw many of the same names who call 911 because there are kids playing outside on a weekend. Others who couldn't understand why the King County International Airport was open, or SeaTac for that matter.

jsbhike
07-23-20, 10:32

Wasn't your incident tribal?

OH58D
07-23-20, 11:57
Wasn't your incident tribal?
I wasn't thinking of that incident, but my ranch business daily operations. We train and sell working ranch horses and we're not wearing masks out here when a buyer comes by to take delivery or inquire about a future purchase.

Also, when all the craziness started going down and businesses closed, we were in the group of "essential" operations like grocery stores, so we continue to operate as normal.

glocktogo
07-23-20, 14:00
This knife cuts both ways. Outing the tattle tales and hypocrites is not a bad thing, especially when it is two faced liars being exposed.
However, poor handling of confidential information is never a good thing. My neighbor received death threats because of an email she sent to local police about their perceived inaction. The neighborhood as a whole, myself included, reported a drug dealer who moved onto our street. Despite requests for increased patrols, daily break & enter attempts and violent confrontations in the neighborhood, the problem persisted. Needless fo say, property crime skyrocketed and all sorts of unsavory people came into the area, leaving needles and feces everywhere. My neighbor was fed up and emailed the area commander and city council, pleading for action. After the dealer was apprehended (not on drug charges), that email was forwarded to my neighbor, with explicit detail of her phone calls and communications to the police. The sender made multiple death threats to her family. How these people got a hold of her email address or her unlisted phone number is unknown, but I suspect some one was sloppy with their handling of the case.

Funny, I'd suspect someone on the PD was in on the criminal enterprise.

TehLlama
07-31-20, 11:53
Funny, I'd suspect someone on the PD was in on the criminal enterprise.

I usually default to Hanlon's razor, but in this case, I'm with you - stupid isn't efficient enough to explain that.

Averageman
07-31-20, 12:04
There are an awful lot of unlit or dimly lit roads in many not so rural locations in and around larger cities in New Mexico.
Someone is likely on some borrowed time.
I can remember elections as late as 1978 in New Mexico that involved a bit of gun play.

OH58D
07-31-20, 14:23
The snitching has been happening in the restaurant business as well. Some are opening to inside dining in defiance of the governor, and others who have remained closed have reported them. Those who are doing the reporting or snitching will have problems in the future.

Out here, the history of New Mexico involves people just not showing up for work, or ever returning home. They kind of vanish. It's the kind of incident where folks say:

"I wonder why Leroy don't write no mo...?"

The quick answer is because "Leroy" is now part of the food chain; providing nourishment to some critter or fertilizer for some Yucca or Pinon Pine. Probably providing more value than when he walked the Earth. In a State of only 2 million people, with a land area of nearly 122 million square miles, lots of opportunities to join the food chain.

Coal Dragger
07-31-20, 15:19
As we say on the upper Great Plains and foothills of the mountain west: coyotes gotta eat too.

ABNAK
07-31-20, 15:21
Wonder how this will work when/if "snitches" start reporting folks for owning guns or shooting when it's verboten someday down the road? It's one thing to narc on people for COVID-related things (not condoning it mind you) but it's an entirely different story should dropping a dime for guns result in lengthy prison terms or shootouts. Nosey libtard do-gooders could find their houses burned down or being part of the food chain OH58 mentions. That would be soooo sad, wouldn't it?

OH58D
07-31-20, 18:27
Wonder how this will work when/if "snitches" start reporting folks for owning guns or shooting when it's verboten someday down the road? It's one thing to narc on people for COVID-related things (not condoning it mind you) but it's an entirely different story should dropping a dime for guns result in lengthy prison terms or shootouts. Nosey libtard do-gooders could find their houses burned down or being part of the food chain OH58 mentions. That would be soooo sad, wouldn't it?
In big cities it could be a problem for folks when ordinances are violated. In the mid-sized or smaller towns in this State, LE are more focused on noise after a certain time at night or safety if its a drunk staggering around shooting the weapon. In the two small hamlets closest to my ranch (more than 20 miles or more), you'll see pre-teens on ATV's with a .22 rifle strapped on. The local deputy would be more concerned with the kids keeping the speed down so they don't roll that ATV than anything involving a rifle. Different environment in the rural areas of New Mexico.

Here in this State we can even equip a side by side ATV for street use in the little towns. About $200 to $300 worth of mirrors and lights and your Polaris Razr is legal as a grocery getter. I might add the living in an area where most people can't make a living, lacks services including cell service, internet, cultural activities and you eliminate a large portion of the population. Basically I live in the middle of nowhere that most people wouldn't find appealing. I'm not moving.