PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN CONTINGENCY

boomer223
07-24-20, 07:56
FYSA

Mike Glover (Retired SOF) has created a platform/tool for contingency preparedness.

"Our mission is to create a class of Americans that are willing to protect and defend themselves, their families, and their communities from violent actors in turbulent times. We are a pro-active class that is PREPARED to MOBILIZE and DEFEND our country from all enemies foreign and domestic."

Initial / Concept video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jipm1ONvtP4&t=5s

Community - https://americancontingency.locals.com

Website - https://www.americancontingency.com/

Esq.
07-24-20, 08:09
The American Empire is gone. The sooner people figure that out the better. Its about You and Yours at this point.

BoringGuy45
07-24-20, 09:15
The American Empire is gone. The sooner people figure that out the better. Its about You and Yours at this point.

No, I think we all need to stick together. United we stand, divided we fall. Our problem on the right is that we never care about anything but ourselves. We need to support each other. If we go down, we go down together.

dpb1776
07-24-20, 09:24
No, I think we all need to stick together. United we stand, divided we fall. Our problem on the right is that we never care about anything but ourselves. We need to support each other. If we go down, we go down together.

You are so right about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank6046
07-24-20, 09:32

Well said. I keep coming back to history, and I think Lincoln said it best.

"Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest, with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer. If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Esq.
07-24-20, 09:32

Good luck with that.

Esq.
07-24-20, 09:33

"Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest, with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer. If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

We chose suicide.

Rogue556
07-24-20, 10:25
OP, I actually started a thread on this a while back. Maybe mods can merge our threads.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?224366-Building-a-Contingency-Plan-with-Mike-Glover-(Field-Craft-Survival)

Ahh, good. The pessimistic, no hope outlook. That's of great help to those of us who prefer freedom.

If you don't intend to even attempt to be a part of a solution, then why comment at all?

You are setting you and your family up for failure if you plan on riding the collapse out alone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

teufelhund1918
07-24-20, 10:30
You are so right about that

Well said. +1

Hank6046
07-24-20, 10:44
We chose suicide.

We shall see. We have overcome so much throughout the history of this nation, I don't think we are done quite yet, we maybe down, but we are far from out.

sgtrock82
07-24-20, 11:17
Good luck with that.Whats up with this defeatism...

If I could slide a makarov across a table towards you and leave the room, I would.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Rifleman_04
07-24-20, 11:21

Typical boomer attitude.

tanktop
07-24-20, 11:23
Delete

tanktop
07-24-20, 11:24

The movie lone survivor was about a team of navy seals that got wiped out and one guy that barely survived but is ultimately a message of how one guy doesn’t actually make it. Without help from an enemy village he would have died. There are no sane people that advocate going it alone, you will not make it, you will die and so will your family.

taliv
07-24-20, 11:35
i signed up. i like his youtube videos but there doesn't appear to be an easy way to search for local members. so i'm not sure how useful it will ultimately be

boomer223
07-24-20, 11:38
i signed up. i like his youtube videos but there doesn't appear to be an easy way to search for local members. so i'm not sure how useful it will ultimately be

So far, I’ve found the Intel updates by region to be very helpful. I’m sure as this grows, smaller sub groups will form by region and it will be easier to communicate and coordinate by proximity.

For example – I have a few folks from my community who are in the process of signing up. Once they do, I will follow them by their user names and it will be easier to be a cohesive group.

Esq.
07-24-20, 11:39
Typical boomer attitude.

Not a boomer, smart guy.

Esq.
07-24-20, 11:41
Whats up with this defeatism...

If I could slide a makarov across a table towards you and leave the room, I would.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Its about the only thing the pos would be good for....

WickedWillis
07-24-20, 11:46

It's really not. It's okay if other people have equal treatment.

I will agree with you that you and yours come first, as they should.

America is a Country that only works if it is United. Politicians on the left pretend to care about minorities while enacting laws and restrictions to continue to keep them down and impoverished, politicians on the right openly only care about themselves and people like them. But hey, at least they are honest about it.

We the people need to support each other and be one, cohesive unit. Our 2nd Amendment we love so much, is there to protect all of these people we may disagree with's 1A.

Esq.
07-24-20, 11:47
The movie lone survivor was about a team of navy seals that got wiped out and one guy that barely survived but is ultimately a message of how one guy doesn’t actually make it. Without help from an enemy village he would have died. There are no sane people that advocate going it alone, you will not make it, you will die and so will your family.

Where the Holy Hell are you getting THAT from? I specifically said, YOU AND YOURS. My clan is one not only of blood, but choice, there are many of us. But, as far as giving a shit about some "happening" in New York, Portland....etc...I don't care. Its not worth my time or energy honestly. Ever one of us has plenty to worry about in our own back yard.

Further, as Goethe said, "Let everyone sweep in front of their own door and the world will be clean".

Esq.
07-24-20, 11:49
It's really not. It's okay if other people have equal treatment.

I will agree with you that you and yours come first, as they should.

America is a Country that only works if it is United. Politicians on the left pretend to care about minorities while enacting laws and restrictions to continue to keep them down and impoverished, politicians on the right openly only care about themselves and people like them. But hey, at least they are honest about it.

We the people need to support each other and be one, cohesive unit. Our 2nd Amendment we love so much, is there to protect all of these people we may disagree with's 1A.

Yea, about that, F those guys. The time for peaceful disagreements is past.

Esq.
07-24-20, 12:03
OP, I actually started a thread on this a while back. Maybe mods can merge our threads.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?224366-Building-a-Contingency-Plan-with-Mike-Glover-(Field-Craft-Survival)

Ahh, good. The pessimistic, no hope outlook. That's of great help to those of us who prefer freedom.

If you don't intend to even attempt to be a part of a solution, then why comment at all?

You are setting you and your family up for failure if you plan on riding the collapse out alone.

See reply to tanktop. Just because I don't believe the American Empire as currently constituted survives, or is even worth saving doesn't mean i've abandoned all hope. I just choose to place my hope, my faith in more intimate forms of organization than a country of 330 million cats that are running in every direction at once.

boomer223
07-24-20, 12:03

Ahh - good deal. I did a (admittedly very quick) search for “American Contingency” but didn’t see a direct link. Thanks for the heads-up, and for posting it.

I see lots of potential.

ScottsBad
07-24-20, 12:56
Typical boomer attitude.

I'm a boomer and I would suggest that most of us are far more patriotic than the current generations who have been subject to lives filled with leftist propaganda. At this point boomers cannot be the ones providing leadership. Our time has passed. We will help and fight politically, but it is up to the current generations to take the lead.

Some boomers are skeptical as we watch the country devolve while the younger generations seem to look the other way.

Who is providing the only leadership we have? Donald Trump from the Boomer generation. Where are the X and Millenial Gens?

We older patriots are waiting for Patriotic leadership from the younger generations to take over the promise of America. We don't see it, that's why you get this:

"The American Empire is gone. The sooner people figure that out the better. Its about You and Yours at this point."

Whiskey_Bravo
07-24-20, 13:06
We older patriots are waiting for Patriotic leadership from the younger generations to take over the promise of America. We don't see it, that's why you get this:
.[/B][/I]"

They are too busy posting terms like "ok boomer" on social media.

Rifleman_04
07-24-20, 13:07
Sorry but that is the typical attitude I see from boomers lately. Even my own parents which is a bit irritating. Me and mine and my social security. Boomers control 90% of the country and were driving the bus to this place we are at right now.

Hank6046
07-24-20, 13:21
Sorry but that is the typical attitude I see from boomers lately. Even my own parents which is a bit irritating. Me and mine and my social security. Boomers control 90% of the country and were driving the bus to this place we are at right now.

While I sort of understand the argument, I don't think this is generational. My wife's cousins were raised in the nicest Chicago suburbs all of them were adopted from all over the world and brought up by a lawyer and a doctor. All of them were given at least a Lexus to drive in highschool and yet they cry racism because now that they've graduated college they actually have to put in work to maintain their status. I think that people just think that they deserve something... If you don't understand personal responsibility then you're probably apart of the problem.

WickedWillis
07-24-20, 13:42
I'm a boomer and I would suggest that most of us are far more patriotic than the current generations who have been subject to lives filled with leftist propaganda. At this point boomers cannot be the ones providing leadership. Our time has passed. We will help and fight politically, but it is up to the current generations to take the lead.

Some boomers are skeptical as we watch the country devolve while the younger generations seem to look the other way.

Who is providing the only leadership we have? Donald Trump from the Boomer generation. Where are the X and Millenial Gens?

"The American Empire is gone. The sooner people figure that out the better. Its about You and Yours at this point."

To be fair, Trump's leadership throughout all of this has been abysmal. I do believe he is working on something very big though behind the scenes with Operation Legend and the like.

I'm a millennial, and many of my generation have zero work ethic and zero leadership skills. Also, the "Okay boomer" bullshit is one of the most annoying things ever created on the internet.

Hank6046
07-24-20, 13:51
I'm a millennial, and many of my generation have zero work ethic and zero leadership skills. Also, the "Okay boomer" bullshit is one of the most annoying things ever created on the internet.

Agreed

JediGuy
07-24-20, 13:57
Where is post-boomer leadership? What?

Look at the Senate, with an average age of 61. They won’t get out of the way.
In the House, you have an average of <58.

The younger boomer is 56.

So realistically, I wouldn’t even say that Gen X and Millenials are absent. Marco Rubio should have been President, and Ted Cruz (my choice) would also have been Gen X, he isn’t even 50.

Imma go back to “get out of the way.”

Hank6046
07-24-20, 14:13
Can we get out of the you v me argument when we should be talking about organizing as a community to a potential threat as I believe the thread alludes to?

WickedWillis
07-24-20, 14:17
Can we get out of the you v me argument when we should be talking about organizing as a community to a potential threat as I believe the thread alludes to?

Yes. WE as a whole, need to be doing better and moving forward.

gaijin
07-24-20, 14:23
I’m in favor of Mikes idea of a “safe place” where like minded patriots can stay linked.
There may well be a point where “we” are all we have.

Belmont31R
07-24-20, 14:37
You guys need to go watch his IG videos as he explains the intent there a lot better. They're long (winded) but our side ****ing sucks at organizing. Our side tends to be independent and if it doesn't happen on their land or to them while out driving they don't give a ****. Leftists are collectivists and organizing is their bread and butter.

Even if you don't want to participate in Mike's efforts you at least need to be working with people around you. The rate things are going one day this is going to show up in your lap, and being unprepared is going to get you hurt or killed. Or maybe a loved one or family member.

Honu
07-24-20, 15:01
Hahahahaha so true :) at 57 I did mine and my body is not the same ? I can pick up again but the name callers whiners I want my participation types are to busy looking at the latest phone screen of the most current model sitting at the table together not even talking just using their phone :) once in awhile showing each other their screens

and we are the ones to blame for the CURRENT situation :) hahahhhahaha
(To be clear not all but sadly so many are this way today and play the blame game for the current when its their gen that should be doing something) again NOT ALL but to many

They are too busy posting terms like "ok boomer" on social media.

Honu
07-24-20, 15:02
YUP at least he is stepping up and OUT big time as in put his neck OUT there to be attacked etc...
a bunch of good current gen folks out there for sure like him ( to be clear of my post above mocking so many not willing to today )

You guys need to go watch his IG videos as he explains the intent there a lot better. They're long (winded) but our side ****ing sucks at organizing. Our side tends to be independent and if it doesn't happen on their land or to them while out driving they don't give a ****. Leftists are collectivists and organizing is their bread and butter.

Even if you don't want to participate in Mike's efforts you at least need to be working with people around you. The rate things are going one day this is going to show up in your lap, and being unprepared is going to get you hurt or killed. Or maybe a loved one or family member.

Esq.
07-24-20, 15:31

If you aren't organizing etc...You're wrong. Been at it 25 years, clan by blood and by choice. It takes time and hard work to build working systems and trust-we're talking Lives, Fortunes and Sacred Honor stuff here...

Its almost like this stuff has been done before....local militias of friends and relatives, Committees of Correspondence, Sons of Liberty....hmm....

Nightvisionary
07-28-20, 12:10
I signed up and paid the $5. I looks like it has some real potential to evolve into a very useful platform or devolve into a disorganized mess. I understand it's in beta but over the last few days it has become a bit messy with more local "Con" subgroups than I can keep up with. The signal to noise ratio is dropping as everyone starts posting about everything under the sun. Some of it is very useful and some not, like a persons recommended amazon survival book list, we can Google that if we are interested. I personally have no use for some Navy SEAL survival manual because some guy that never served thinks it's awesome. There is also a very polite Canadian contingent stinking up the place with their concern for "proper" gun and ham radio licensing as Communists are marching on my streets burning and looting at will with molotov cocktails and AK-47's.

Esq.
07-28-20, 14:56
I signed up and paid the $5. I looks like it has some real potential to evolve into a very useful platform or devolve into a disorganized mess. I understand it's in beta but over the last few days it has become a bit messy with more local "Con" subgroups than I can keep up with. The signal to noise ratio is dropping as everyone starts posting about everything under the sun. Some of it is very useful and some not, like a persons recommended amazon survival book list, we can Google that if we are interested. I personally have no use for some Navy SEAL survival manual because some guy that never served thinks it's awesome. There is also a very polite Canadian contingent stinking up the place with their concern for "proper" gun and ham radio licensing as Communists are marching on my streets burning and looting at will with molotov cocktails and AK-47's.

Never trust anyone that drinks milk from a bag!

Bubba FAL
07-29-20, 20:14
I find the concept interesting and have checked out the site. But it's still not clear to me what I'd be signing up for. To be sure, our enemies are very well organized and well funded. None of the "protests" are spontaneous- they are organized and orchestrated. The sooner the general population knows and understands, the better. But the MSM is complicit so the truth will not be reported.

I'm all for training and organizing with other like-minded people, but how does someone know that the AC group isn't full of agents of alphabet agencies, which has traditionally been the case with such groups?

Phillygunguy
07-29-20, 21:25
I'm all for training and organizing with other like-minded people, but how does someone know that the AC group isn't full of agents of alphabet agencies, which has traditionally been the case with such groups?
I am curious about that too.

Phillygunguy
07-29-20, 21:27
I signed up for the$5 monthly payment but it's all over the place
With locals that are trying to organize I have people following me who I have no idea who they are or why they follow me so I'm probably going to cancel

Esq.
07-29-20, 21:30
I am curious about that too.

If i dont know you for at least 10 years, we aren't joining the same Fight Club.

LMT Shooter
07-29-20, 22:09
... But it's still not clear to me what I'd be signing up for...

It's not super clear to me, either, but I signed up because I liked what I saw

...but how does someone know that the AC group isn't full of agents of alphabet agencies, which has traditionally been the case with such groups?

I assume it either is, or will be soon enough. I also assume the same thing about this site as well, or any other pro-gun organization, so I'm already exposed.

My comments are in red.

MountainRaven
07-29-20, 22:55

How do you know that it isn't full of alphabet agents? Well, to be blunt, it's probably chock full of them. I would expect people from Antifa or whoever, assuming they have any sort of actual organization, to be infiltrating it, along with SPLC, &c., too.

But that's one of the prices of playing the game.

Mozart
07-30-20, 12:19
We chose suicide.

Enough of our countrymen were fooled into choosing suicide, in their hubris of their pursuit of utopia.

“We” did not.

Esq.
07-30-20, 12:26
Enough of our countrymen were fooled into choosing suicide, in their hubris of their pursuit of utopia.

“We” did not.

Colloquial "We". But in reality, it's a difference without distinction- THEY, will be the death of us ALL.

Arik
07-30-20, 13:37
I signed up for the$5 monthly payment but it's all over the place
With locals that are trying to organize I have people following me who I have no idea who they are or why they follow me so I'm probably going to cancelFollowing like on the site? Like you can do here? Or like physically

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Circle_10
07-30-20, 15:19
If i dont know you for at least 10 years, we aren't joining the same Fight Club.

I’m in a tough situation as I’ve got essentially no social circle.

Bubba FAL
07-30-20, 19:19
How do you know that it isn't full of alphabet agents? Well, to be blunt, it's probably chock full of them. I would expect people from Antifa or whoever, assuming they have any sort of actual organization, to be infiltrating it, along with SPLC, &c., too.

But that's one of the prices of playing the game.

Oh, it's clear, I suffer under no delusion that this site (and TOS) aren't infiltrated and monitored by certain alphabet agencies.

My point is that the cost vs. benefit ratio of signing up with AC is not clear to me at this point. Though, I'm probably on a bunch of lists ready, so what's another one going to change?

taliv
07-30-20, 20:06
who cares? let the alphabet boys join and see you. let them know you shoot better than they do. organizing aka "freedom of assembly" is one of our most important rights. it's not illegal. go. express your political opinion. meet people. train. prepare. just don't cross the line

SteyrAUG
07-31-20, 02:07

What Empire? Who were are colonies? What defeated lands paid tribute to us?

I guess we gained some ground as a result of the Spanish American war but I don't know that it constitutes Empire, especially as they were incorporated as states into the main body.

SteyrAUG
07-31-20, 02:14
who cares? let the alphabet boys join and see you. let them know you shoot better than they do. organizing aka "freedom of assembly" is one of our most important rights. it's not illegal. go. express your political opinion. meet people. train. prepare. just don't cross the line

For every one of those people there will be 10 LARPERS in tactical kilts, plate carriers with no plates, NODS in the middle of the day, a $2000 rifle and a complement of 20 $6 lancer magazines, a chi com red dot mounted at 45, a 6-45 x 50 zoom lens for a 8 lb carbine with a 16" barrel and arm brace stock. TWO VFGs on the front rail spaced two inches apart, a 65 lumens TACTICAL light with optional red lens all hanging from a single point bungee sling.

gaijin
07-31-20, 08:08
You're painting a dire, but hilarious picture SteyrA. Yeah, I can see it coming.....

Corse
07-31-20, 08:24
For every one of those people there will be 10 LARPERS in tactical kilts, plate carriers with no plates, NODS in the middle of the day, a $2000 rifle and a complement of 20 $6 lancer magazines, a chi com red dot mounted at 45, a 6-45 x 50 zoom lens for a 8 lb carbine with a 16" barrel and arm brace stock. TWO VFGs on the front rail spaced two inches apart, a 65 lumens TACTICAL light with optional red lens all hanging from a single point bungee sling.

The $5 entry will be a barrier for those guys. Oh, and where can you get lancer mags for $6?

Hank6046
07-31-20, 08:35
The $5 entry will be a barrier for those guys. Oh, and where can you get lancer mags for $6?

I would look at evike.com :p

taliv
07-31-20, 08:49
What Empire? Who were are colonies? What defeated lands paid tribute to us?

I guess we gained some ground as a result of the Spanish American war but I don't know that it constitutes Empire, especially as they were incorporated as states into the main body.

The American empire is economic and cultural hegemony. We pay other countries to get our way. (More specifically we bribe foreign officials and dictators to act in our interest instead of the best interest of their people)
Look at how many military bases we have in other countries for projecting power

taliv
07-31-20, 09:14

So? What’s your point?

You think making fun of somebody’s gear will make the cool kids let you into their club?

We need all the people we can get on our side. Sure it would be great if everyone on our side was ex D Fo’ and had their kit properly sorted. But it wasn’t that way when a bunch of farmers kicked the British out. And it isn’t going to be that way now.

IDGAF if somebody has 6 VFGs on their handguard. As long as they vote pro freedom and pro gun and stand up against antifa communists, they’re Patriots in my book.

The feds can come take notes all they want. Maybe if they do they will realize how outnumbered they are and make better decisions about which side they want to be on.

Adrenaline_6
07-31-20, 09:18
So? What’s your point?

You think making fun of somebody’s gear will make the cool kids let you into their club?

We need all the people we can get on our side. Sure it would be great if everyone on our side was ex D Fo’ and had their kit properly sorted. But it wasn’t that way when a bunch of farmers kicked the British out. And it isn’t going to be that way now.

IDGAF if somebody has 6 VFGs on their handguard. As long as they vote pro freedom and pro gun and stand up against antifa communists, they’re Patriots in my book.

The feds can come take notes all they want. Maybe if they do they will realize how outnumbered they are and make better decisions about which side they want to be on.

Great point.

Nightvisionary
07-31-20, 09:23
So? What’s your point?

As much as I agree with your sentiment we can't vote our way out of this, I don't think we can get out of this. The fact is the we are the outnumbered ones. We are on the decline. We are the "White Russians" in this revolution. Take a look at the Breaking Down Civil War 2 thread and it pretty wells lays it out.

taliv
07-31-20, 13:29
As much as I agree with your sentiment we can't vote our way out of this, I don't think we can get out of this. The fact is the we are the outnumbered ones. We are on the decline. We are the "White Russians" in this revolution. Take a look at the Breaking Down Civil War 2 thread and it pretty wells lays it out.

i agree, but i meant we outnumber the feds. even if only 1 person out of 100 in the country is reasonably competent with their guns and willing to follow a leader taking action to preserve freedom, there is no way that all the feds put together could stop us. so they should put some thought into which side they want to be on

Ron3
07-31-20, 14:26

Boom.

Nightvisionary
08-18-20, 09:39
Im out. Newest announcement today which they do not want released to non-subscribers is for everyone to send in all their personal data with skill sets via Gmail, submit to a face to face skype interview, and free background check (I have never heard of a free background check for private orgs, these things cost money so who is paying for hundreds or thousands of "Free" background checks). It was stated that only two people would have access to this personal information. Having vetted personnel for a similar private org it is logistically impossible for two people to perform vetting, interviews, and criminal background checks on thousands of individuals which leads me to believe none of it will actually occur and they are just compiling a list. This has all the markings of a huge COINTELPRO fishing net. Mike's former past as a CIA contractor does not weaken this possibility. I am not saying this is the case with AC but I have experience in this area and this is exactly what it would look like if it was.

Circle_10
08-18-20, 10:47
Im out. Newest announcement today which they do not want released to non-subscribers is for everyone to send in all their personal data with skill sets via Gmail, submit to a face to face skype interview, and free background check (I have never heard of a free background check for private orgs, these things cost money so who is paying for hundreds or thousands of "Free" background checks). It was stated that only two people would have access to this personal information. Having vetted personnel for a similar private org it is logistically impossible for two people to perform vetting, interviews, and criminal background checks on thousands of individuals which leads me to believe none of it will actually occur and they are just compiling a list. This has all the markings of a huge COINTELPRO fishing net. Mike's former past as a CIA contractor does not weaken this possibility. I am not saying this is the case with AC but I have experience in this area and this is exactly what it would look like if it was.

I joined the Locals groups for AmCon and the NE region Intel section (The latter one you don’t need to be a subscriber to post or reply to other posts) but I wasn’t convinced this was anything I actually wanted to pay for. To me this whole thing kind of smacks of the New Sons of Liberty, which blew up in popularity on Facebook after the Whiskey Warrior thing.....then fizzled out within like two months.
Then I think the Facebook purge of “boog” pages finally swept them away for good.

I dunno if the whole AmCon thing is an op or not, my gut says probably not, it’s probably just the latest doomed to fail attempt to organize “patriots” online. I just haven’t been impressed enough by what I’ve seen in terms of the community to subscribe. But this latest development doesn’t make want to get more involved, that’s for sure. Because while I don’t think it’s a setup, it’s a totally plausible conclusion to draw.

This is what trips up the Right every time though. Lack of trust. We are so preoccupied trying to smell a Fed setup a mile away or side-eyeing potential allies, that we are paralyzed into inaction and can’t ever organize on a significant level. I’m not saying the distrust or the hyper vigilance is wrong either, because the concerns are valid, but damn we are behind the other side when it comes to coordinating with one another. And I’m afraid that’s really going to bite us hard.
I’ve got no solutions to offer on how to fix this either.

What it comes down to every time with us is that we have something to lose, and we aren’t willing to risk it. Especially if we aren’t convinced that someone else is actually going to have our back.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-18-20, 11:00
I joined the Locals groups for AmCon and the NE region Intel section (The latter one you don’t need to be a subscriber to post or reply to other posts) but I wasn’t convinced this was anything I actually wanted to pay for. To me this whole thing kind of smacks of the New Sons of Liberty, which blew up in popularity on Facebook after the Whiskey Warrior thing.....then fizzled out within like two months.
Then I think the Facebook purge of “boog” pages finally swept them away for good.

I dunno if the whole AmCon thing is an op or not, my gut says probably not, it’s probably just the latest doomed to fail attempt to organize “patriots” online. I just haven’t been impressed enough by what I’ve seen in terms of the community to subscribe. But this latest development doesn’t make want to get more involved, that’s for sure. Because while I don’t think it’s a setup, it’s a totally plausible conclusion to draw.

This is what trips up the Right every time though. Lack of trust. We are so preoccupied trying to smell a Fed setup a mile away or side-eyeing potential allies, that we are paralyzed into inaction and can’t ever organize on a significant level. I’m not saying the distrust or the hyper vigilance is wrong either, because the concerns are valid, but damn we are behind the other side when it comes to coordinating with one another. And I’m afraid that’s really going to bite us hard.
I’ve got no solutions to offer on how to fix this either.

What it comes down to every time with us is that we have something to lose, and we aren’t willing to risk it. Especially if we aren’t convinced that someone else is actually going to have our back.

Agreed.

I don't know much about them but it is a national South African group that is basically networking and communicating to prepare for civil war/unrest. They seem pretty damn organized. It would be nice if we could get some organization on that level in the US for conservatives.

https://suidlanders.org/who-we-are/
https://suidlanders.org/our-emergency-plan/

Circle_10
08-18-20, 11:39
Agreed.

I don't know much about them but it is a national South African group that is basically networking and communicating to prepare for civil war/unrest. They seem pretty damn organized. It would be nice if we could get some organization on that level in the US for conservatives.

https://suidlanders.org/who-we-are/
https://suidlanders.org/our-emergency-plan/

I’ve seen these guys before and they do really seem to have their shit together. Maybe a more pressing existential threat is what it takes. Or maybe there really is something about the Americans, with our fixation on Rugged Individualism, that hinders our ability to pull stuff like this off. Generally I consider that Rugged Individualism to be a net positive, because it has made this country what it is, and tends to produce tough, self sufficient people, who are often driven to succeed in their field of choice, but perhaps there are some negative side effects as well.

Esq.
08-18-20, 12:48
I’ve seen these guys before and they do really seem to have their shit together. Maybe a more pressing existential threat is what it takes. Or maybe there really is something about the Americans, with our fixation on Rugged Individualism, that hinders our ability to pull stuff like this off. Generally I consider that Rugged Individualism to be a net positive, because it has made this country what it is, and tends to produce tough, self sufficient people, who are often driven to succeed in their field of choice, but perhaps there are some negative side effects as well.

Rugged individualism is something of a myth as well. Take Daniel Boone. Did he explore into wild territory where there were no settlements? Sure did. He led a large party of settlers (that pesky "numbers" matter thing) across the Gap and beyond on the Wilderness Road. Where he also founded a town, BOONESBOROUGH.

Boonesborough was where everyone went when SHTF! They left their outlying cabins most ricky tick for the safety of NUMBERS. They were laid siege to more than once, the longest being by Shawnee Chief Blackfish and about 450 natives and rogue Frenchmen in 1778 and lasting 10 days during which the indians attempted to fire the fort but a miraculous rain storm saved the settlers--that and the impending arrival of Militia troops who had been summoned before the siege had begun (more numbers as important...)... These are only a few examples.

So yea, Boone was certainly a hero, an explorer of distant, wild and untamed lands, a trail blazer- who did so with the constant help and support of MANY OTHERS. I think many times the MYTH stands in the way of REALITY and we would do well to remember the REALITY. Every nation has it's "Creation Mythology"- Look at Rome and Romulus and Remus etc.....but we need to look at our REAL HISTORY (LIKE ACTUALLY STUDY THAT SHIT) to find out how we got here and a possible path forward.

Nightvisionary
08-18-20, 14:32
Imagine if in late September 2001 CIA operative Sheik Allah Akbar told the Taliban the Americans were coming and convinced them to band together. What if Akbar then convinced a large segment of the most dedicated followers to gives him their names, DOB's, address, education, military and technical skills and download a phone app that would track in real time the location of all members of the band. Do you think we would still be fighting the Taliban today?

Whiskey_Bravo
08-18-20, 17:09
Imagine if in late September 2001 CIA operative Sheik Allah Akbar told the Taliban the Americans were coming and convinced them to band together. What if Akbar then convinced a large segment of the most dedicated followers to gives him their names, DOB's, address, education, military and technical skills and download a phone app that would track in real time the location of all members of the band. Do you think we would still be fighting the Taliban today?

Good point.

flenna
08-18-20, 17:23
I signed up for their mail list a while back but never paid to subscribe. I think Mike Glover is a stand up guy and means well in this endeavor but I think it is ripe for abuse. Not by his group but by any ill-intentioned entity that hacks the app- whether that is government or otherwise.

ColtSeavers
08-18-20, 17:29

There was a failed scifi tv series called Colony not too long ago, and during it, there was a call to rally for all prior service and current operators. One of the main characters walks up to the building they're all supposed to rally at, talks to a old friend outside that's heading in, and tells him there's nothing about this that seems right. As that main character is walking away from the building housing all these operators, another building is dropped from the sky on it.

Jellybean
08-18-20, 19:33
But are the Canadians going to smuggle us some sweet maple goodness to help fuel la revolucion? That's practically amber gold; they're good in my book if they can pull that off. #maplemafia :laugh:
Agree with the bolded; early days yet, but it's either going to be the best thing since sliced bread or "herding cats" like other past "patriot" type groups I've seen.
Yeah, I saw some of the "other stuff" the other day when I was browsing.

Circle 10; yeah, I get where you're coming from. Kinda in the same social boat.
LOCAL is the answer (ironically the name of the site). Perhaps this will be a great way to kick that off, by bringing more people together. Maybe it's just another 'easy do-nothing option' for people since we have internet… Maybe it’s a trap…
Of course, I will also happily be proven wrong; maybe this will be the best thing to happen since sliced bread. After all, it sure sounds a lot like what I've been preaching about for the last year... But as others have pointed out, I've seen plenty of tries at the 'easy option' before. And this just strikes me as a bit “too easy”. So... I remain to be impressed.

Mike and his crew seem like OK guys, and his YT channel has a lot of well-presented great content, so really I haven't got anything against the man himself... yet. And it sounds like an interesting idea, but... I just don't really know what think. Maybe I've just experienced to much "if it's to good to be true, it is" Murphy ass-biting in my life... haha

I'm on there too, but haven't subscribed; NightVis, are they advocating vetting ALL members, or just those who want a training/leadership position?

Frankly, they kinda lost me a bit when they bowed to the little bit of media notice they've gotten, and went with the usual lefty "no wacism or hom’phobia m’kay you guys?" conduct-notice spiel. Like... they haven't even DONE anything yet, the 'outrage' they've received is minor at best, and THAT was how they thought it was the best way to "get out in front of it"? By regurgitating the same leftist dogma I’ve seen on every other social media site or group-page?
It could have been a great moment to make a statement, but no, as always on the center-right, they immediately felt the need to self-justify.
I dearly wonder what might happen if things go the way they expect post- Nov (the impetus behind this movement after all) and some AmCon associated group has to actually defend itself kinetically... They haven't even seen outrage yet. They gonna back those people up when they're getting carted off to life in jail? I genuinely wonder what the plan is for post-event actions...if they’re already feeling the need to put out ridiculous notices like this over nonsense social issues.

Alternatively they could have said something like;
“To all users of this site;
Despite the media attempting to paint us as extremists, we will not be shamed or influenced by their lies. We are all familiar with their mind-games and their attempts to silence all opposing voices through fear, and we will not play along any more. To this end, we stand by all American citizens’ first amendment rights, just as much as we stand by the second, and all the others. It is our promise that we will never dictate terms of speech to our users based solely on our bias, or the left’s. This is a space for free Americans to come together with the mutual task of aiding each other in times of social unrest, and as such we will speak together as free people, without fear of being muzzled or shouted down by the outrage mob.

With that being said, and in the awareness that bad actors may seek to hijack this open-use platform for their own ends, or to falsely portray this movement or individuals within it, we ask that you exercise care in what you post here. Remember that as part of this network, you represent not only this movement, but sane citizens across this country. Let’s all remember to act our age not our shoe size.
If a post or comment is reported to or noticed by the Staff that is deemed too far out of line with what this movement represents, the user will be contacted by the Staff, and asked to either edit or remove the post, comment, or content. If the user fails to comply within 24 hours, the content will be removed by the Staff. If after multiple incidents the user continues in their actions, we will have to assume they have come here with malicious intent and they will be banned from the site.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.”

See? Was it that hard to get the needed point across while also telling the SJWs to eat a sock? I wrote that in literally 5 minutes off the top of my head. No exaggeration.

Mike, if you're seeing this, hire me, I'm brilliant! :laugh:

Averageman
08-18-20, 19:55
I'm sure in the middle of the winter in Valley Forge someone went around asking for full name, address, next of kin so everyone could be "Vetted" by George.
Sorry, not with a ten foot pole. Hell the Army lost all my data to hackers and I knew and had a bit of trust in them, what makes you think this is going to work out for everyone without a hitch?

Nightvisionary
08-18-20, 20:51
NightVis, are they advocating vetting ALL members, or just those who want a training/leadership position?

This is part of what went out today:

AMCON MEMBERS, VETTING PROCESS BEGINS TODAY 17 AUG 2020

Good morning, AmCon! Starting today, we set out to vet all of our members. It’s a big task, but we are glad to start this journey with all of you. Please read the information below to understand how the vetting process (before, during, and after) will work. This post is currently set for subscribers only,

OH58D
08-18-20, 21:12
In private industry, a background check can cost in the $300 range for a new hire. Big outfits have a much lower price because their human resources dept order a lot of these. I would stay away from any online Patriot group wanting too much personal information. Stick with local people you know personally. This is why I am not on social media other than a few online establishments like this.

Back in the day you looked at a warm body in the eyes and interacted. Now your friends or not with the push of a button. This may be the time in history to detach from all of this modern information technology. Just consider that other thread on that Millie gal and the Shadow government. In reality, it's time to detach and move into the shadows and cut the cord. This is the advice of a Boomer born in 1960.

Adrenaline_6
08-19-20, 08:34
There is software subscriptions now that will let you do background checks for $100/month (up to 200) or unlimted @$250/mo using a phone and a drivers license.

https://ident.solutions/fedcheck/

REDinFL
08-19-20, 08:55
I'd still suspect a "honey pot." Even if they didn't start that way, they will be infiltrated.

Ron3
08-19-20, 13:46
Its about the only thing the pos would be good for....

Re: Makarov.

Wrong. 😁

Ron3
08-19-20, 13:56
What anti-establishment national organization "vets" its members?

Vetting needs to be done locally or with proof of past action.

What happened to "local" units?

I'm thinking they need to built from bottom-up, not top-down.

Perhaps both is even better. But sending personal info and money to a national resistance movement group that I'm just supposed to trust?

Nope. Are the leaders of this group vetted?

We need squads before we can build an army. (To campaign and influence policy and law)

HD1911
08-19-20, 15:02
In private industry, a background check can cost in the $300 range for a new hire. Big outfits have a much lower price because their human resources dept order a lot of these. I would stay away from any online Patriot group wanting too much personal information. Stick with local people you know personally. This is why I am not on social media other than a few online establishments like this.

Back in the day you looked at a warm body in the eyes and interacted. Now your friends or not with the push of a button. This may be the time in history to detach from all of this modern information technology. Just consider that other thread on that Millie gal and the Shadow government. In reality, it's time to detach and move into the shadows and cut the cord. This is the advice of a Boomer born in 1960.

Fully agree

Jellybean
08-20-20, 11:28
I'd still suspect a "honey pot." Even if they didn't start that way, they will be infiltrated.

I mean, to be blunt, every group will be at some point. Or at least an attempt made; maybe even by people who aren't even feds. It's going to happen, and not something that needs to paralyze any organization or actions. It just needs to be understood that it will happen, and then be addressed accordingly.
I'm also not entirely against groups looking into people to see what they're about; creeping compromise will kill a movement just as dead as a fed.

That being said, I can't help but share a raised eyebrow here over this where I have a group where their first two opening moves are to ask for money (a nice specifically identifiable trail right back to you) and then say they now need more of all my info so I can be "part of the club".
IF this goal of this is for AmCon cadre to act more as the catalyst/go-between for cross country organization by setting up a network, and traveling around to provide training, not BE the organization themselves (as he's stated in the update vids), then WHY is Amcon Actual doing this mass "vetting"?
Shouldn't that be something left up to each individual local group?

Maybe AmCon could offer local groups affordable options for vetting their members IF they choose to avail themselves of such, but why do I need to give such a central org all my info to store...somewhere.
I get it, like Mike said in the recent update vid, they want to be sure of who they're calling up in an future event, natural or man-made.
But again... why can't the local groups do as much of this as they need/want to feel comfortable by themselves.
Why can't a group just run their guys down to the local gunshop and run an NICS in five minutes for $10 each (of whatever the fee is); if that's good enough for me to buy a "weapon of war"... why do I need deeper 'vetting'? Heck, if I photo-copy my CHL that should be enough proof that I'm 'good to go'.
Maybe if you really suspect infiltration, allow your group to let you check members' social media for marxist drivel as well.

Here is one of the update videos to which I refer;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP4jG1_Xno

He seems sincere enough, and pi$$ed off enough, even if I personally think some of the talking points are bit too 'conservative'. But then, benefit of the doubt, it's an off the cuff video, so maybe I've just misinterpreted some things a bit. And yet at the same time... I think that whole "it's to sensible to be wrong" and "mom country and apple pie" vibe that I've heard everywhere else before is also part of what's driving my suspicion, coupled with my previous post on their site-conduct notice.
I do hope I am proved wildly wrong....

Rogue556
08-20-20, 12:47
Not saying this will happen, but given the political climate I could see it happening..

What happens if American Contingency is labeled a terrorist organization in the future? Wouldn't that leave everyone whose donated money open to Aiding and Abetting charges for donating to a "terrorist" organization, even if AC didn't have the rest of their information via BG checks? Obviously BLM/ANTIFA are openly committing acts of terrorism and we aren't seeing them charged with shit on a large scale.. but we all know that doesn't go both ways. (Of course, if it gets this far then the gloves are off, so to speak). I wouldn't be worried so much about being raided by LEO/FED for being tied to them, but I could see having your finances frozen or seized briefly or indefinitely, depending on how things go.

I feel uneasy with the idea of background checks like has been previously mentioned. The decision likely comes from a good place, but American Contingency seems to be too bloated for an organization that's just getting off the ground. I think having state chapters, and leaving it up to key personnel in those states to vet without a large database would be a much better idea.

It's sad we have to be so suspicious, but we are already at war. It's not out of line to question the motives of anyone at this point.

OH58D
08-20-20, 13:06
What's the point of joining some national outfit? This is a big Country with a huge diverse population. They say all politics is local, and so should any organized groups of Patriots. I don't need an ID Card, a special badge or decoder ring with certificate of authenticity to be part of a SHTF group. Nor do I need to dress up in ACUs or OCPs and look tactical.

I am part of a local group who meet monthly to discuss plans in case things go south in the US. No uniforms, no special weapons training and no assassination plans. We are made up of men and women who have professional skills or trades that bring value to the group. One is a communications expert, one is a Veterinarian, a Dentist, Diesel Mechanic, Minister, lawyer, Trauma Nurse, former Army pilot, current major airline pilot, etc. It's about 75 people in total (including spouses) who come out here, or we meet elsewhere and discuss local politics, national politics, disaster recovery and do some target shooting. This is all centered around a big potluck meal.

These people aren't emotionally defective tactical wannabees, but just a cross-section of local society who share a common belief in how we can preserve a Constitutional America, even in a small rural part of the United States. These folks bring their kids too.

Esq.
08-20-20, 13:32
What's the point of joining some national outfit? This is a big Country with a huge diverse population. They say all politics is local, and so should any organized groups of Patriots. I don't need an ID Card, a special badge or decoder ring with certificate of authenticity to be part of a SHTF group. Nor do I need to dress up in ACUs or OCPs and look tactical.

I am part of a local group who meet monthly to discuss plans in case things go south in the US. No uniforms, no special weapons training and no assassination plans. We are made up of men and women who have professional skills or trades that bring value to the group. One is a communications expert, one is a Veterinarian, a Dentist, Diesel Mechanic, Minister, lawyer, Trauma Nurse, former Army pilot, current major airline pilot, etc. It's about 75 people in total (including spouses) who come out here, or we meet elsewhere and discuss local politics, national politics, disaster recovery and do some target shooting. This is all centered around a big potluck meal.

These people aren't emotionally defective tactical wannabees, but just a cross-section of local society who share a common belief in how we can preserve a Constitutional America, even in a small rural part of the United States. These folks bring their kids too.

As I alluded to earlier- this is how it's done. There is never going to be a "march on Washington" to restore the Consteeetooshun! I don't GIVE A SHIT what HAPPENS IN WASHINGTON. I care about what happens in my little slice of the world.

Arik
08-20-20, 13:40

That's because you live in a rural area with relatively few people. Now move to a major population area and you may want to do a background check on your neighbor just because he's a little too weird. My point is....law of large numbers. The more people you have in an area the more wackos you'll have.

Circle_10
08-20-20, 13:49

If you are like me and wake up one morning and realize you don’t actually have any friends and you are vulnerable because of it, the idea of an organization that can help facilitate networking and building alliances is appealing.
But AmCon doesn’t give me the best vibe. The whole potential Fed op thing aside, I just see this fizzling out and dying on the vine without ever actually gaining significant traction, the amount of complexity being added at this stage is going to make the (probably) inevitable collapse even more embarrassing.
Maybe it’s collapse will be the fault of people like me who won’t give it a chance, and it’s all a big self-fulfilling prophecy. So maybe I and other people like me are the problem, I don’t discount that possibility. What I’d like to know is why are we like this?

Meanwhile the Left can seemingly effortlessly organize and within short order begin to operate with the unity of purpose of a swarm of army ants.

OH58D
08-20-20, 13:58
That's because you live in a rural area with relatively few people. Now move to a major population area and you may want to do a background check on your neighbor just because he's a little too weird. My point is....law of large numbers. The more people you have in an area the more wackos you'll have.

Our group got started from members of different Churches locally (up to 70+ miles away) as an offshoot of a group called Ranch Rescue. That outfit was founded to protect ranchers along the Mexican border from constant fence cutting, vandalism and violence from groups bringing illegals across their land. Keep in mind that there is a massive amount of private land up to the US/Mexican border with only an easement separating the border and private property.

In an urban area, it's better to associate with people you have known for years and be wary of outsiders suddenly wanting in. Your group could be a few close-knit families who plan for whatever catastrophe that may happen. A well armed group of even a dozen or more people is better than one or two resisting the hoards of the unclean.

And certainly stay away from the tactical jack types who want to dress up in uniforms and play militia. These are the bullet magnets who would serve a purpose, just not close to decent, credible people. They would draw the attention away from groups like mine who would blend into the background - like human Chameleons.

OH58D
08-20-20, 14:13
If you are like me and wake up one morning and realize you don’t actually have any friends and you are vulnerable because of it, the idea of an organization that can help facilitate networking and building alliances is appealing.

That's a mouthful of a statement. Unless you're living on a rock somewhere, you need to get into circulation. There's always friends to be found, and sometimes it's a matter of taking the risk and making yourself vulnerable to open up to others. You'd be surprised at the number of like-minded people you can meet, and realize you're not an island unto yourself. I don't care it's a Church, Veterans organization, hobby group or charity, you can find friends. Just look for people who share your same values, including moral values. That includes females as well!!!!!

Esq.
08-20-20, 14:18
But AmCon doesn’t give me the best vibe. The whole potential Fed op thing aside, I just see this fizzling out and dying on the vine without ever actually gaining significant traction, the amount of complexity being added at this stage is going to make the (probably) inevitable collapse even more embarrassing.
Maybe it’s collapse will be the fault of people like me who won’t give it a chance, and it’s all a big self-fulfilling prophecy. So maybe I and other people like me are the problem, I don’t discount that possibility. What I’d like to know is why are we like this?

Meanwhile the Left can seemingly effortlessly organize and within short order begin to operate with the unity of purpose of a swarm of army ants.

You need to examine your social network and local surroundings and find common cause with like minded locals. I have no idea how large/small of a town you live in but I can promise you, you are not the only person where you are who is upset about the condition we find our nation in and who realizes it's unlikely to continue as is.

OH58 mentions that his group began with local Church friends, I have seen groups grow out of Ham Radio clubs, veterans organizations, home school groups, competitive shooters clubs....You don't need 20 guys. You need TWO guys....who also know TWO guys....who know TWO guys....etc....

I have said this multiple times in various threads here- you need people you KNOW and can TRUST with your life- because you are. Further, those people don't all need to be Snake Eaters. One of the most valuable members of my group is in his mid 70's, he owns three guns, he has taught most of us Ham Radio skills and is our "S2", such as we need.... Without him, we would be a hell of a lot less prepared- I can promise you! His value cannot be overstated.

Even your non prepper/gun/survivalist "sheeple" relatives can play a role. They are people you have BLOOD with, that counts for something. Be a decent human being- be polite and well mannered, don't dress like a Mall Ninja, be helpful- lend a hand where you can- financially if possible and needed, with expertise you have or simply as grunt labor when their daughter buys a new house and needs to move. New Years celebration this year is AT YOUR HOUSE. Spend a few bucks, have a real meal, provide some beers or whatever, Fireworks, make it a day- roast a pig or whatever you Mainiacs do. Create bonds of kinship. You can't expect people to show up after you call them at 3 am and ask them to bring a shovel if they don't even friggen KNOW YOU. Shared experience and especially hardship forges bonds- look at the military- the whole, "I do it for the guy to my Left and Right" thing. Some of my best friendships were made in absolutely horrid circumstances- which we now laugh about....

You can do it.

Circle_10
08-20-20, 14:36
That's a mouthful of a statement. Unless you're living on a rock somewhere, you need to get into circulation. There's always friends to be found, and sometimes it's a matter of taking the risk and making yourself vulnerable to open up to others. You'd be surprised at the number of like-minded people you can meet, and realize you're not an island unto yourself. I don't care it's a Church, Veterans organization, hobby group or charity, you can find friends. Just look for people who share your same values, including moral values. That includes females as well!!!!!

As a lifelong introvert I have a low tolerance for socializing as a general rule, coupled with a job where I have to interact with the public all day. Like a lot of introverts I find excessive social interaction aggravating to almost physically taxing. So by the time I leave work I’m basically tapped out when it comes to talking to other humans. However I’ve become cognizant of the fact this kind of puts me in a bad position if the S were to HTF and I find myself in trouble. Since I have aging parents in the area and a GF with a gentle heart, who is more likely to need protecting vs being able to watch my back with a rifle, I feel like knowing people might be advantageous. But I haven’t really put the effort into building friendships because I got along fine without them for so many years, it just became my “normal”.

Unless I’ve known someone for years I think I’d always be leery that if things went sideways, my new “friend” might be apt to cap me in the back of the head and take my stuff.
I also tend not to jive really well with the broader “patriot” community.

OH58D
08-20-20, 15:59
As a lifelong introvert I have a low tolerance for socializing as a general rule, coupled with a job where I have to interact with the public all day. Like a lot of introverts I find excessive social interaction aggravating to almost physically taxing. So by the time I leave work I’m basically tapped out when it comes to talking to other humans. However I’ve become cognizant of the fact this kind of puts me in a bad position if the S were to HTF and I find myself in trouble. Since I have aging parents in the area and a GF with a gentle heart, who is more likely to need protecting vs being able to watch my back with a rifle, I feel like knowing people might be advantageous. But I haven’t really put the effort into building friendships because I got along fine without them for so many years, it just became my “normal”.

Unless I’ve known someone for years I think I’d always be leery that if things went sideways, my new “friend” might be apt to cap me in the back of the head and take my stuff.
I also tend not to jive really well with the broader “patriot” community.
When I was a young 2LT in the Army at the Company level, I would get to handle a lot of the personnel paperwork that would get kicked up to the AG level. I also got to spend time counseling soldiers who had drug problems, family problems, getting them detached from the local Dependapotamus, etc. There were also soldiers who just felt they didn't fit well in a unit environment. Sometimes the military isn't a good fit or large extended groups.

I have found that some folks who thought of themselves as introverts actually find other introverts and really connect. This is especially true with the male and female. Many times the marriage between those two end up being very successful because they cut out all the external influences which interfere in the relationship. I see you do have a girlfriend. What's wrong with that just because she has a kind heart. Maybe you can share your interests with her as she grows in the relationship. Really. Don't expect the big group of extended friends. If you have found that one person who is a soul mate, what else do you need?

I don't prefer large crowds either but I can put up with it for shorter periods of time. I spend so much time in the saddle, climbing windmills, mending fences, and just being in the middle of nowhere that it's nice to have a conversation with one or a few people. It's an alternative to just hearing the wind blow.

Circle_10
08-20-20, 17:58
When I was a young 2LT in the Army at the Company level, I would get to handle a lot of the personnel paperwork that would get kicked up to the AG level. I also got to spend time counseling soldiers who had drug problems, family problems, getting them detached from the local Dependapotamus, etc. There were also soldiers who just felt they didn't fit well in a unit environment. Sometimes the military isn't a good fit or large extended groups.

I have found that some folks who thought of themselves as introverts actually find other introverts and really connect. This is especially true with the male and female. Many times the marriage between those two end up being very successful because they cut out all the external influences which interfere in the relationship. I see you do have a girlfriend. What's wrong with that just because she has a kind heart. Maybe you can share your interests with her as she grows in the relationship. Really. Don't expect the big group of extended friends. If you have found that one person who is a soul mate, what else do you need?

I don't prefer large crowds either but I can put up with it for shorter periods of time. I spend so much time in the saddle, climbing windmills, mending fences, and just being in the middle of nowhere that it's nice to have a conversation with one or a few people. It's an alternative to just hearing the wind blow.

GF and I have been together for almost ten years actually so if Common-Law marriage were a thing in Maine that would
probably be us. We do have a number of the same interests it’s just that prepping/self sufficiency/firearms aren’t among them. Her kind heart is generally a positive attribute I just mention it because it also makes her very uninterested in learning how to defend herself etc and so she is likely to remain a non-combatant in a SHTF situation.

Neither one of us are social people, although she often wishes she had more friends whereas I’ve been a misanthrope for years and genuinely don’t like being around people until recent circumstances started getting me worried about my lack of backup. So it is motivated by pragmatism in my case, but social living in humans has always really had its basis in pragmatism.

ColtSeavers
08-20-20, 19:04
GF and I have been together for almost ten years actually so if Common-Law marriage were a thing in Maine that would
probably be us. We do have a number of the same interests it’s just that prepping/self sufficiency/firearms aren’t among them. Her kind heart is generally a positive attribute I just mention it because it also makes her very uninterested in learning how to defend herself etc and so she is likely to remain a non-combatant in a SHTF situation.
My wife was like that, then we had kids. She went from "Yeah, sure, I'll shoot your guns or whatever" every now and then to owning her own collection and if you're dumb enough to trespass on our property, you're 1000x more likely to be lit up by her than me as I'd at least like to try and find out wtf is going on first.

Circle_10
08-20-20, 19:08
My wife was like that, then we had kids. She went from "Yeah, sure, I'll shoot your guns or whatever" every now and then to owning her own collection and if you're dumb enough to trespass on our property, you're 1000x more likely to be lit up by her than me as I'd at least like to try and find out wtf is going on first.

Haha!
My GF and I are firmly and gleefully child-free so if something ever does motivate her to get interested in shooting it won’t be maternal instincts, heh.

ColtSeavers
08-20-20, 19:13
Haha!
My GF and I are firmly and gleefully child-free so if something ever does motivate her to get interested in shooting it won’t be maternal instincts, heh.

Hmmm...

https://townsquare.media/site/494/files/2016/08/werewolves-featured-1600.jpg

:jester:

Circle_10
08-21-20, 05:07
Hmmm...

https://townsquare.media/site/494/files/2016/08/werewolves-featured-1600.jpg

:jester:

As an enthusiast for unexplained phenomena, I am actually aware of two alleged sightings of “dogmen” in the state, and a few additional reports of mystery canines of some sort, but obviously these should be taken with like half a grain of salt. Probably not credible enough to get my GF to the range, haha

HCrum87hc
08-21-20, 08:28
I'm a subscriber and will be attending the free training they're hosting at the Sawmill TTC in SC in middle September. I have not been contacted yet regarding the vetting process. I am pretty leery of this being some sort of fed op, but to be fair, most of us are probably already on some sort of federal list, especially if you're on any sort of social media. I really hope this is legit, because we really need a way to communicate and organize with those of similar mind.

Circle_10
08-21-20, 08:35
I'm a subscriber and will be attending the free training they're hosting at the Sawmill TTC in SC in middle September. I have not been contacted yet regarding the vetting process. I am pretty leery of this being some sort of fed op, but to be fair, most of us are probably already on some sort of federal list, especially if you're on any sort of social media. I really hope this is legit, because we really need a way to communicate and organize with those of similar mind.

Well definitely let us know how it goes and your thoughts overall. Not just the training itself but the “vibe” you get from interacting with other members and group organizers.

And if we don’t hear from you again at all, I guess we’ll know why. ;p

HCrum87hc
08-21-20, 08:40
Well definitely let us know how it goes and your thoughts overall. Not just the training itself but the “vibe” you get from interacting with other members and group organizers.

And if we don’t hear from you again at all, I guess we’ll know why. ;p

Ha! That's the plan. Along with the training, my main goal is getting a feel for the leadership and the members. I'm not interested in a bunch of larpers, but we'll see.

Averageman
08-21-20, 08:53
Just a couple of things.
A) Having watched a couple of these videos I was kind of taken back at the narrative. Honestly, who wasn't seeing this 10+ years ago and preparing then?
There is a kind of Born on date for the freshness of ideas and action plans and I'm really not seeing anything that doesn't look like 1995 here.
B) Any organizing that needs to be done needs to be done in small cells of people you have known for some time. "Vetting" with background checks might actually be the worst thing you can do. At best your data is out there in someone else's hands at worst you're on a list and can be rounded up rather easily.

Through trial and error the IRA managed to remain effective for years because it was semi anonymous. At best under torture, the average member of a cell might be able to give up five names.
If you want training, pay for it in cash outright stay gray as you train and do the work and go home. If you are serious about anonymity do the do and go home.

Adrenaline_6
08-21-20, 09:09
Therein lies the problem. You can stay in small groups and remain as anonymous as possible and keeping the trust factor high, but, in the end for the most part, ineffective in the grand scheme of things.

or...you band together as much as possible, be less anonymous while the trust factor goes down, but be able to be way more effective and accomplish a lot more at a national level.

You cannot have both.

The IRA, although remaining "effective" was never really a serious threat in the grand scheme of things, more of a serious nuisance.

If big government gets to the point that we all hope it doesn't, being small isolated militias with little to no organization with others who can just be squashed one be one, will, in the end, accomplish nothing.

It's quite a quandary for sure.

Honu
08-21-20, 17:43
YUP
I do think we can make a dif but its not about the size of the group its about what each one of us are wiling to do
It’s also not about how much ammo we have or guns we have that is a tiny part if needed cause once that starts its a whole other game

Therein lies the problem. You can stay in small groups and remain as anonymous as possible and keeping the trust factor high, but, in the end for the most part, ineffective in the grand scheme of things.

or...you band together as much as possible, be less anonymous while the trust factor goes down, but be able to be way more effective and accomplish a lot more at a national level.

You cannot have both.

The IRA, although remaining "effective" was never really a serious threat in the grand scheme of things, more of a serious nuisance.

If big government gets to the point that we all hope it doesn't, being small isolated militias with little to no organization with others who can just be squashed one be one, will, in the end, accomplish nothing.

OH58D
08-21-20, 19:40

You cannot have both.

I still think that a couple of well trained sniper teams (2 people) deployed to hot spots around the US could be very effective. It could be effective locally if need be. No tactical garb, no militia - just quiet and efficient killers to take out the problems and melt away into the population.

I had my own skills in the Army, but lying prone and doing controlled breathing before taking the shot wasn't one of them. However, there are people out there who gain such skills in the military, or do competition shooting in the civilian world. Never count out small groups of people with talent.

Adrenaline_6
08-21-20, 20:19
I still think that a couple of well trained sniper teams (2 people) deployed to hot spots around the US could be very effective. It could be effective locally if need be. No tactical garb, no militia - just quiet and efficient killers to take out the problems and melt away into the population.

I had my own skills in the Army, but lying prone and doing controlled breathing before taking the shot wasn't one of them. However, there are people out there who gain such skills in the military, or do competition shooting in the civilian world. Never count out small groups of people with talent.

Its not that I doubt individuals skills, quite the contrary, but intel, logistics and support would be needed to be effective for long periods or the amount of "damage" done would be short lived and those teams as good as they are will eventually hit some bad luck and have less ability to get out of it.

OH58D
08-21-20, 20:33
Its not that I doubt individuals skills, quite the contrary, but intel, logistics and support would be needed to be effective for long periods or the amount of "damage" done would be short lived and those teams as good as they are will eventually hit some bad luck and have less ability to get out of it.
What I am imagining is more of something we used during the American Revolution. Small teams of Minute Men moving to a tree line, taking shots, then disappearing in the woods. Not a big enough group that involves too much to support it. We're talking guerilla warfare that the average citizen with some kind of training could engage in.

I remember doing insertion and extraction missions utilizing two or three Little Birds and/or a UH-60 and nothing bigger than a well armed squad of operators. Easy in and easy out.

Honu
08-25-20, 15:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYC7QnHrQA&t

Always liked vigilance elite channel did not realize his first interview/chat was with glover
pretty modest dude I would say

sundance435
08-25-20, 15:59
Was it "Body of Lies" with DiCaprio where the terror organization goes back to using dead drops and couriers instead of cell phones and the feds have zero clue how to monitor or disrupt that method of communication? It's a lost art and I feel like that's not far from the truth. Feds are lazy today because they have buildings full of tech-savvy analysts. Go back to the old ways and they have no clue.

This seems way too organized, with way too big of a digital trail for anyone who expresses interest, which is a red flag itself. I have a small subset of friends that I trust for these kinds of things - this might be a good "101" course for someone who doesn't have that opportunity, but it seems like it could also be easily weaponized by some of the "violent actors" it's intended to help prepare you for.

HCrum87hc
09-14-20, 08:34
Update: I'm back from the AmCon training at the Sawmill in Laurens, SC. It was pretty decent. I'm thinking my expectations may have been a little high, but knowing the classes were only 3.5-4 hours, they could only cover so much. I also need to remind myself the courses were at no expense to me (except for picking up brass), so I certainly got more than I paid for. We started each day with registration, the Pledge of Allegiance, some mindset stuff, and a safety brief. Each class also did its own safety brief. The classes consisted of 20-30 people with one cadre per 5 students in each class, so the instructor/student ratio was decent for so many people. In most classes we did relays of 10 shooters at a time. The cadre's backgrounds were legit, and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to take a 2 day version of any of these classes with them, but it's difficult to fit much into a few hours.

I had signed up for the Intro to Handgun Optics and No light/Low light pistol on Saturday and Carbine Fundamentals on Sunday. The biggest issue I noticed was that due to it being free, you get people who were...lacking. I'm glad they were there getting some form of training, but it definitely limited the handgun optics class, specifically. We wasted a lot of time zeroing and going over some pretty basic stuff, especially with one of the students. I didn't get too much out of that class, except to confirm that my process with a RDS on a pistol is good to go in terms of presentation and tracking the dot, which is nice to get confirmation on from someone who knows what they're doing. I could tell the instructors wanted to cover a lot more, but when you're limited by time and the lowest common denominator student, it's tough to cover everything.

Not having any lowlight training, I was really looking forward to the lowlight course, but again, left a bit disappointed. We were supposed to start with some classroom instruction around 6pm, but it got pushed back to about 6:45. The class was supposed to last until 10, but they wanted to cut it short so everyone could get together and do a live Face time call with Mike Glover at 9, which meant we ended at 8:40. The classroom instruction was pretty good. We went over several different techniques of using a handheld light, types of lights, light discipline, and got into the lumens/candela discussion a bit. We then had about 45 minutes of range time. I'd never shot at night, so it was good to just experience that at least. I tried out a few techniques with the handheld and then the pistol light. We then lined up in two lines and did some basic shooting on the move. The tendency for almost everyone was to stop moving forward when they activated the light on the threat command, but the goal was to keep moving. This wasn't much of an issue in the handgun RDS class, but for some reason almost everyone did it during lowlight.

The carbine fundamentals class on Sunday was definitely my favorite class and the one I got the most out of. I've also never had any formal carbine training, so it was very beneficial for me. Ron Holmes of Ryker USA was the lead instructor for this class. We definitely did the most shooting in this class and covered the most info. He and the other cadre did a great job covering a lot of stuff without overwhelming us. They also explained why we did things and delved into some more advanced stuff pertaining to what we were doing, but we didn't practice any of the more advanced stuff.

We started out with going over basic manipulation, different ready positions (low ready and high port), sight picture, and then did some dry fire. We then moved to starting at the two ready positions and doing single shots on command, then double taps, then triples. From there we broke up into two relays and did some box drills and transitions and worked on moving from standing to kneeling and back up. At that point they set us up in three lines to run relays on some steel. Each line had three targets of varying sizes and distances between each other. They would call out a random order of left, center, right and have us shoot our three targets in the directed order. On reloads, we would kneel, reload, finish the shot string from kneeling, and then stand and redo the shot string. This ensured we stayed on target when standing, as we all had a tendency to get complacent after kneeling and not checking our targets as we stood. This final drill brought everything we had done together and was a good way to end the class.

All in all, it was a good weekend. Again, I got a lot more than I paid for, and wouldn't hesitate to take longer, paid classes from these instructors. The facility at the Sawmill is great. They have some nice lodgings, classrooms, dining area, and a gym. They have numerous ranges ranging from 25 to 1400 yards. Everyone was very cordial and helpful. There were people from all over the country, coming as far as Washington State. I think the farthest that drove was from Colorado. Oh, and they had a food truck on site with some of the best tacos I've ever had. They would have been worth the hour drive alone.

Ironman8
09-14-20, 09:38
So what were your impressions of the organization itself?

Impressions of the people running it (not the contracted firearms instructors for the weekend, the AMCON personnel)?

AND last but not least, what was your impression of the type of crowd that they attract (are they newbies, bubbas, “militia / III%’er” types, or fairly switched on)?

HCrum87hc
09-14-20, 10:30
There really wasn't a ton of AmCon stuff being pushed. The morning briefing covered some stuff about mindset and discussions over all the crap going on right now around the country. Nothing radical or militant by any means. It mostly focused on being switched on and ready to defend your family and neighborhood.

The head guy this weekend was Scott Puckett, the owner of the Sawmill. He seemed very legit and sincere. He was happy to host us and provide a place for patriotic Americans to get some training and make some connections. I don't know if he's considered "AmCon personnel," but he was the closest thing to it. Mike Glover was not present, as mentioned.

There were no militia types or bubbas that I saw. Most people seemed pretty switched on, outside of a small handful. However, that handful seemed to have a good mindset and were intent on improving their skills. We did have one guy get booted during lowlight for safety infractions, but on the whole, in terms of the types of people attending, I was pleasantly surprised.

Nightvisionary
09-15-20, 23:50
As I feared it's turning into an absolute cluster****. "Leaders" are picked merely by the fact that they signed up for a locals.com account and started an affiliate page. For all I know the AMCON "Commander" for the Portland metro area might just be some pimple faced 15 year old air softer or a member of the John Brown Gun Club. Everyone is now jumping in and starting their own locals page for their Brevet General stars so now I have at least a half dozen or more AMCON's just for my state. Im not a big fan of appointed "Leaders" anyway. The AMCON App seems to have gone by the wayside. This was the stated purpose for the $5 monthly fee but it's no longer being mentioned and now the fee appears to be going to train some guys 3000 miles away in North Carolina. Oh well.

Circle_10
09-16-20, 05:09
As I feared it's turning into an absolute cluster****. "Leaders" are picked merely by the fact that they signed up for a locals.com account and started an affiliate page. For all I know the AMCON "Commander" for the Portland metro area might just be some pimple faced 15 year old air softer or a member of the John Brown Gun Club. Everyone is now jumping in and starting their own locals page for their Brevet General stars so now I have at least a half dozen or more AMCON's just for my state. Im not a big fan of appointed "Leaders" anyway. The AMCON App seems to have gone by the wayside. The was the stated purpose for the $5 monthly fee but it's no longer being mentioned and now the fee appears to be going to train some guys 3000 miles away in North Carolina. Oh well.

I’m completely unsurprised by how this is playing out. I still check the Northeast regional group for anything relevant or anyone from my state who might be worth knowing but so far I haven’t been really impressed. And I definitely don’t regret not doing the paid subscription.

flenna
09-16-20, 07:18
I’m completely unsurprised by how this is playing out. I still check the Northeast regional group for anything relevant or anyone from my state who might be worth knowing but so far I haven’t been really impressed. And I definitely don’t regret not doing the paid subscription.

I am unsurprised but still disappointed. I believe Mike Glover is sincere in what he is trying to accomplish and I totally want to see this succeed.

Circle_10
09-16-20, 08:02
Meanwhile SRA is doing community outreach and hosting “range days” to recruit people and for local “community defense forces” to protect against “fascists”.

I have to wonder if in addition to all the other stuff these Leftist groups are getting, funding, body armor etc.. if someone is paying for their weapons and ammo as well or otherwise assisting in procuring them. I mean if people on this site can’t find or afford ammo, how are these jobless commies paying for it and hosting range days?

Mozart
09-16-20, 08:17
Meanwhile SRA is doing community outreach and hosting “range days” to recruit people and for local “community defense forces” to protect against “fascists”.

I have to wonder if in addition to all the other stuff these Leftist groups are getting, funding, body armor etc.. if someone is paying for their weapons and ammo as well or otherwise assisting in procuring them. I mean if people on this site can’t find or afford ammo, how are these jobless commies paying for it and hosting range days?

Wouldn’t surprise me if China was shipping in logistics for the revolutionaries. I still believe (with little evidence mind you) that they are partially funding and supporting this color revolution and destabilization campaign. They stand to gain A LOT if the USA is destroyed from within

flenna
09-16-20, 08:38

One Republican in the House plans on holding a special session to find out who is fixing the domestic terrorists burning down our cities. I don't know how far they will get seeing how the ComDems hold the majority and none plan to speak during the session (except maybe in opposition).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-andy-biggs-to-hold-special-order-on-house-floor-to-find-out-whos-been-funding-recent-riots

Also, it was recently released that one of the ComDems superpac that collected hundreds of millions of dollars last year over half was donated by unemployed individuals. Which makes that money untraceable.

czgunner
09-16-20, 09:57
I signed up. Pretty weak showing so far in WA state, but I think I expected that. [emoji38]

Honu
09-16-20, 17:05
Not sure if ya saw this
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/16/pro-communist-china-group-funding-black-lives-matter-linked-organization/

The pro-communist China group, the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) in San Francisco, is actively funding a venture by Black Lives Matter (BLM) co-founder and unabashedly anti-capitalist Alicia Garza.
Wouldn’t surprise me if China was shipping in logistics for the revolutionaries. I still believe (with little evidence mind you) that they are partially funding and supporting this color revolution and destabilization campaign. They stand to gain A LOT if the USA is destroyed from within

vandal5
09-17-20, 05:16
I signed up. Out of about 50 oeiple in the group 10 to 15 have committed to meet up for an introduction this weekend.

I figure worst case I wasted 5 bucks and some time creating a new email and forum account.

Best case I meet some like minded people I can share some knowledge with and learn from.

Nightvisionary
09-17-20, 12:40
Now many of the guys that started the affiliate pages are seeing dollar signs and requiring paid subscriptions in the interest of "Security and Vetting" to keep "the wrong people" from viewing the site like the bad actors and Antifa don't have debit cards. AMCON Oregon just announced a fee so I cancelled with them. If you are just in it for beer and cig money I don't need to associate with you. There is nothing the local affiliate site owners can offer that is worth an additional subscription. There are now at least 192 affiliate sites :jester:

Circle_10
09-17-20, 12:53
Now many of the guys that started the affiliate pages are seeing dollar signs and requiring paid subscriptions in the interest of "Security and Vetting" to keep the wrong people from viewing the site like the bad actors don't have debit cards. AMCON Oregon just announced a fee so I cancelled with them. If you are just in it for beer and cig money I don't need to associate with you. There is nothing the local affiliate site owners can offer that is worth an additional subscription. There are now at least 192 affiliate sites :jester:

I still check the Northeast regional section periodically to see what’s going on in there and who is around in my state but if someone starts charging a fee, that will definitely be it for me.
Freaking Discord has been a more valuable resource than anything related to AmCon thus far.

vandal5
09-17-20, 13:02
Now many of the guys that started the affiliate pages are seeing dollar signs and requiring paid subscriptions in the interest of "Security and Vetting" to keep the wrong people from viewing the site like the bad actors don't have debit cards. AMCON Oregon just announced a fee so I cancelled with them. If you are just in it for beer and cig money I don't need to associate with you. There is nothing the local affiliate site owners can offer that is worth an additional subscription.If this is guys trying to make a quick buck then shame on them.

Outside of that I think there are better ways to get the end results of their stated intent.

I wouldn't mind working with some local people to investin group resources but I'm not paying a subscription fee.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

09-17-20, 15:32
I’ve not read this whole thread, but I do know if I were training strangers, I would expect to be paid for it. Considering that training people is a large part of how I make a living. Am I misunderstanding this situation?

1911-A1
09-17-20, 16:21
The whole "concerned Americans defending their country" just means, "We want to shoot people we disagree with."

Antifa isn't coming to get you, this dude is just using fear to sell something to terrified suburbanites and Walter Mitty wannabe gunfighter fantasy types.

Disciple
09-17-20, 16:51
Antifa isn't coming to get you,

Yes. Yes they are.

1911-A1
09-17-20, 16:53
Yes. Yes they are.

Nope. It's the equivalent of all the soccer moms who KNOW that AR15s are gonna come and shoot their babies because CNN has been terrorizing them with the idea for decades.

You're falling for it too. Antifa/Communism is just the conservative boogieman that's always JUST around the corner. It's a tool of control, and you bought it.

prepare
09-17-20, 16:56
Tactics for offensively attacking and killing these turds and getting away are what they should be teaching. Defending is the wrong context.

flenna
09-17-20, 17:00
Nope. It's the equivalent of all the soccer moms who KNOW that AR15s are gonna come and shoot their babies because CNN has been terrorizing them with the idea for decades.

You're falling for it too. Antifa/Communism is just the conservative boogieman that's always JUST around the corner. It's a tool of control, and you bought it.

Antifa is a myth; Jerry "The Penguin" Nadler even said so. But Director Wray seems to disagree.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-wray-antifa-cases-real

1911-A1
09-17-20, 17:04
Antifa is a myth; Jerry "The Penguin" Nadler even said so. But Director Wray seems to disagree.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-director-wray-antifa-cases-real

The fact that they exist isn't up for debate, it's that their numbers and level of organization have been dramatically inflated to artificially create an "enemy" for the right to rally against. To conservatives, Antifa represents everything they hate: Youth, progressive culture, diversity, etc.

If you watch, they're both described as a crowd of dumb kids throwing stones, and also as a coordinated, disciplined domestic insurgency that's coming to get you. It all depends on the narrative that needs pushing that day.

It's horseshit.

Disciple
09-17-20, 17:13
Guess it depends on where you live. Or maybe they just haven't reached your neighborhood yet. :rolleyes:

Esq.
09-17-20, 18:13
The whole "concerned Americans defending their country" just means, "We want to shoot people we disagree with."

Antifa isn't coming to get you, this dude is just using fear to sell something to terrified suburbanites and Walter Mitty wannabe gunfighter fantasy types.

American Contingency may be BS....but the rest of that...What The Actual **** is that?

In 1925 the Chinese Communist Party numbered less than 1,000 members. In 1945 they had a million man army. You are a fool to ever underestimate them.

titsonritz
09-17-20, 18:31
The fact that they exist isn't up for debate, it's that their numbers and level of organization have been dramatically inflated to artificially create an "enemy" for the right to rally against. To conservatives, Antifa represents everything they hate: Youth, progressive culture, diversity, etc.

If you watch, they're both described as a crowd of dumb kids throwing stones, and also as a coordinated, disciplined domestic insurgency that's coming to get you. It all depends on the narrative that needs pushing that day.

It's horseshit.

Come check out Portland for a dose of reality if you think it's horseshit.

czgunner
09-17-20, 18:43
Come check out Portland for a dose of reality if you think it's horseshit.

Yeah, no kidding. Come on over and witness the insanity. I’m sure you heard of the “fires”? Yeah, that was these loons. They are absolutely real, and dangerous. Don’t underestimate your enemy.

Nightvisionary
09-17-20, 20:34

Maybe not where you live but where I live leftists are making life very difficult. My recent air quality index of 348 speaks to that and there are places in my community where I can no longer safely travel. BLM has already staged a protest 1 block from my suburban house where there is nothing of any significance other than middle class residential homes. It was peaceful but it shows my neighborhood is on their map. You either live so far out in the sticks that you are simply out of touch, have your head in the sand, or are a Shareblue account visiting from the Democratic Underground.

Nightvisionary
09-17-20, 21:01

It's horseshit.

Antifa is just one small tool of this ongoing coup. Following your logic would be like stating in 1942 that because Bulgaria is an un-organized third rate military power the threat posed by the Axis powers is over stated.

Jellybean
09-17-20, 21:05

You're right. Everything's fine.
All anyone needs to do is stay home, focus on making money, and vote every couple years.
The violence is just people posing as ANTIFA/BLM/Etc to make them look bad and distract people from the real purpose of 'the movement'. We are living under a fascist regime after all.
:rolleyes:

Sure, everyone has a bit of tendency to focus exclusively on the most vocal/aggressive of their opponents. And maybe Antifa does get a bit of over-focus because of that, at the peril of losing focus on other existing/upcoming hostile leftist organizations.

But you know what...when you have people and organizations everywhere, even in government, openly espousing the communist ideology, calling it a 'boogeyman' either means you're willfully blind, or a leftist shill.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go thrash the bushes for the Notsees that are sure to rise up when Trump gives the secret password through Q if he doesn't win the election.

See? Bit of difference between a boogeyman and reality.

_edit; dammit, NV's 1942 analogy was better.
:laugh:

1911-A1
09-17-20, 23:21
you have people and organizations everywhere, even in government, openly espousing the communist ideology,
:laugh:

examples please

prepare
09-18-20, 03:01
examples please

George Soros, his open society foundation, all the universities and corporations that donate to it, John Brennen, just to name a few.

Esq.
09-18-20, 07:46
One of the Founders of BLM proclaiming she and the other founders are "trained Marxists"-

https://therealnews.com/stories/pcullors0722blacklives

The whole video is a little over 10 minutes. Money shot on Marxism is at 6:49 if you are lazy.

Now, I don't know about you, but when someone TELLS ME they are a Communist, I believe them. If you doubt the reach of these pieces of shit, turn on your TV and try to watch ANY FORM of professional sports. Report back. I'll be waiting....

Nightvisionary
09-18-20, 08:33
1911A1 is a Marxist Shill from the Democratic Underground here to troll and foment. If you have any doubt look at his past posts. He is pure left wing SJW fifth columnist and apologist. He hits an Alinsky talking point with almost every post.

Esq.
09-18-20, 08:42
1911A1 is a Marxist Shill from the Democratic Underground here to troll and foment. If you have any doubt look at his past posts. He is pure left wing SJW fifth columnist and apologist. He hits an Alinsky talking point with almost every post.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. We should all "check our premise" from time to time. We all "know" certain things right? How do we know them and how do we know they are correct?

The only way we KNOW is if we do our own homework, and being lazy- as all humans are, we put it off and rely on "Soros this and Soros that", comfortable and simplistic answers..... I'll give you a personal example. The video I posted above, I had never seen before going to find it to post it here. Sure, I had HEARD about it, that BLM Founders claimed they were trained Marxists etc....but I had not SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES, verified it. Now I have.

I know lots of people don't think much of Glen Beck, but you have to respect his habit of actually researching things, providing proof, sources etc...tying things all together in a way that makes it understandable for anyone willing to take the time to listen....We need more of that honestly. It's not enough to "know" you are right....You have to know how and why you are right and be able to explain it.

In order to do the terrible things that are going to be required to save the American Idea, you damn well better be certain you are in the right. You will have doubts, others will doubt, only through the certainty of your convictions will you prevail.

AndyLate
09-18-20, 09:01
Offensive remarks deleted by Sam.

Voodoochild
09-18-20, 10:03
If you want to debate then do so but knock it off with the personal insults.

Sam
09-18-20, 10:16
Voodoo,

It was me that deleted his offensive insults.

Firefly
09-18-20, 10:34

Okay, see I see where he is going with yhis and he is not really wrong.

Antifa, as a whole, isn’t this nebulous organization. It’s danger isn’t in the active full time people, but rather the people it influences. It’s the counter counter-culture. I mean, that being said, America is noticeably more Left-wing than it has been in some while and a lot of people are too comfortable with Socialism. I thought maybe it’s because some people were too young to remember the Soviet Union. But we have a more formidable Communist foe with Red China who actively work against us. Their human rights are awful.

We cannot say that Antifa or Antifa sympathizers haven’t gone to peoples’ houses.

But they aren’t quite to the levels of Cobra, Hydra or T.H.R.U.S.H. just yet. I mean outside of larger cities or political hotzones, you won’t see Antifa. At most some white kid wearing the merch to seem “dangerous”. Nothing new. I remember the late 90s/Early 00s well and there were guys wearing Rage Against The Machine and Red Army Faction shirts(the boy wearing RAF shirt didn’t know anything about other than it looked “cool”)

I cannot sit here, with good conscience, and say the “Conservatives” haven’t been using Antifa to goad their constituents into overlooking their failures as Conservatives and leaders.

And the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting has become a bit of a Pandora’s Box. He was obviously justified, but yet, now it’s a game of ‘Gotcha’ and now in every riot there’s almost a guarantee of a shooting. It’s escalation.

So I don’t really see where he’s a “Democratic Underground spy”. That’s AR15.com talk. They do that stupid shit. If you aren’t a millionaire by 18, weren’t born reading American Rifleman, don’t vote straight Republican and weren’t a Virgin on your wedding night to a supermodel; they accuse you of being DU. Stupid. Just stupid. Most of them are frustrated chumps who 50 junky ARs and act like gay people with Funko Pops over some stupid ass, unproven gadget made by a fly by night web company.

No. We’re better than that. I won’t say I totally agree with 1911 (I don’t really totally agree with anybody) but he has a point and I cannot totally object to his opinion

Korgs130
09-18-20, 10:40
To conservatives, Antifa represents everything they hate: Youth, progressive culture, diversity, etc.

Way harsh Ty. Conservatives hate youth? Conservatives hate diversity? I don’t know anyone that feels that way. What do I hate? People rioting, looting, setting fires, attacking LEOs and verbally harassing those who don’t share their beliefs.

Firefly
09-18-20, 10:47
Way harsh Ty. Conservatives hate youth? Conservatives hate diversity? I don’t know anyone that feels that way. What do I hate? People rioting, looting, setting fires, attacking LEOs and verbally harassing those who don’t share their beliefs.

He’s conflating old money Ivy League Skull and Bones Republicans with actual conservatives who just want to be left alone and not have other people’s problems shoved in their faces.

So here, I dissent with him vociferously

Nightvisionary
09-18-20, 13:07
Okay, see I see where he is going with yhis and he is not really wrong.

Antifa, as a whole, isn’t this nebulous organization. It’s danger isn’t in the active full time people, but rather the people it influences. It’s the counter counter-culture. I mean, that being said, America is noticeably more Left-wing than it has been in some while and a lot of people are too comfortable with Socialism. I thought maybe it’s because some people were too young to remember the Soviet Union. But we have a more formidable Communist foe with Red China who actively work against us. Their human rights are awful.

We cannot say that Antifa or Antifa sympathizers haven’t gone to peoples’ houses.

But they aren’t quite to the levels of Cobra, Hydra or T.H.R.U.S.H. just yet. I mean outside of larger cities or political hotzones, you won’t see Antifa. At most some white kid wearing the merch to seem “dangerous”. Nothing new. I remember the late 90s/Early 00s well and there were guys wearing Rage Against The Machine and Red Army Faction shirts(the boy wearing RAF shirt didn’t know anything about other than it looked “cool”)

I cannot sit here, with good conscience, and say the “Conservatives” haven’t been using Antifa to goad their constituents into overlooking their failures as Conservatives and leaders.

And the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting has become a bit of a Pandora’s Box. He was obviously justified, but yet, now it’s a game of ‘Gotcha’ and now in every riot there’s almost a guarantee of a shooting. It’s escalation.

So I don’t really see where he’s a “Democratic Underground spy”. That’s AR15.com talk. They do that stupid shit. If you aren’t a millionaire by 18, weren’t born reading American Rifleman, don’t vote straight Republican and weren’t a Virgin on your wedding night to a supermodel; they accuse you of being DU. Stupid. Just stupid. Most of them are frustrated chumps who 50 junky ARs and act like gay people with Funko Pops over some stupid ass, unproven gadget made by a fly by night web company.

No. We’re better than that. I won’t say I totally agree with 1911 (I don’t really totally agree with anybody) but he has a point and I cannot totally object to his opinion

I see you didn't bother to look at 1911A1's posts over the last year. If you did than you wouldn't pooh pooh my assertion as "AR15.com Talk". The days of standing in the middle of the road are coming to an end. I see you don't understand that yet. The Sturmabteilung's "Hotzone" was Munich. I am sure there were many rural Germans that never laid eyes on one. I wonder how many Germans underestimated their rising influence. You and 1911A1 are promoting straw men. This isn't about a single group. This is about an entire insidious consortium of groups and institutions with similar agendas. This is about the power brokers that are funding ANTIFA, BLM, Redneck Revolt, John Brown Gun Club, La Raza and a hundred other leftist groups that seek to subvert the U.S. Constitution, the 2016 election, and fundamentally change America into something hideous and un-recognizable. This is about being denigrated and dehumanized for years by being labeled as deplorables, racists, nazi's, and fascists, years and years of fake media Russian scandals and fake deep state investigations followed by 100K illegal alien caravans marching north, followed by overblown COVID-19 fear and responses followed by Seattle Riots and CHAZ, followed by100+ days of rioting and murder in Portland, followed by over 1 million acres burned and unbreathable air in Oregon, California, and Washington. This is about open warfare against 50% of the U.S. population.

Esq.
09-18-20, 13:15
I see you didn't bother to look at 1911A1's posts over the last year. If you did than you wouldn't pooh pooh my assertion as "AR15.com Talk". The days of standing in the middle of the road are coming to an end. I see you don't understand that yet. The Sturmabteilung's "Hotzone" was Munich. I am sure there were many rural Germans that never laid eyes on one. I wonder how many Germans underestimated their rising influence. You and 1911A1 are promoting straw men. This isn't about a single group. This is about an entire insidious consortium of groups and institutions with similar agendas. This is about the power brokers that are funding ANTIFA, BLM, Redneck Revolt, John Brown Gun Club, La Raza and a hundred other leftist groups that seek to subvert the U.S. Constitution, the 2016 election, and fundamentally change America into something hideous and un-recognizable. This is about being denigrated and dehumanized for years by being labeled as deplorables, racists, nazi's, and fascists, years and years of fake media Russian scandals and fake deep state investigations followed by 100K illegal alien caravans marching north, followed by overblown COVID-19 fear and responses followed by Seattle Riots and CHAZ, followed by100+ days of rioting and murder in Portland, followed by over 1 million acres burned and unbreathable air in Oregon, California, and Washington. This is about open warfare against 50% of the U.S. population.

Amen.

If people can't understand that we are literally in a war for the future of the American Idea RIGHT F'n NOW, they're wrong, either willfully or purposefully.

Disciple
09-18-20, 13:25

Correct.

OH58D
09-18-20, 13:42
I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions from me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken away by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more. Knowing a lot of Catholic Sisters in this State, it really made my blood boil to see that happen. If I was armed, I may have not been able to resist thinning out that herd. No secret Walter Mitty-esqe fantasies -just pure anger.

Esq.
09-18-20, 13:46
I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions in front of me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken way by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more.

But, it was a Peaceful chunk of Concrete...so....

Firefly
09-18-20, 13:53

I was just addressing that one point. Obviously I disagree with him on the rest. I haven’t followed y’alls beef.

I don’t disagree skullduggery is afoot but at the same time the mere threat is worse than the follow-through. Now is the time not to be divided if we are to hold back the night.

I do not fear 2020 as much as I do 2024

Firefly
09-18-20, 13:56
I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions from me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken away by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more. Knowing a lot of Catholic Sisters in this State, it really made my blood boil to see that happen. If I was armed, I may have not been able to resist thinning out that herd. No secret Walter Mitty-esqe fantasies -just pure anger.

I am not, and would never, downplay Antifa’s danger. But at present it does tend to be in larger areas or in some hotspot where someone got shot or is giving a speech.

They have that mixture of immaturity and viciousness.

I’m just saying that, for now, it can be avoided to a degree.

At some point there will be a lot to answer for

AndyLate
09-18-20, 14:04
"The whole "concerned Americans defending their country" just means, "We want to shoot people we disagree with.""

This is classic transference. The only people using violence to silence opposing beliefs are the marxists. Conservatives prefer factual discussions to emotion driven riots because truth and fact are on our side. This, plus the time required by employment, is why "protests" are a tool of left, not the conservatives.

"To conservatives, Antifa represents everything they hate: Youth, progressive culture, diversity, etc."

Transference and falsehood both. Again, hate is an emotion not based in fact. Hate is a tool of the marxist left and Antifa.

Conservatives hate youth? We are not the ones trying to kill babies in the womb. We are not the ones trying to canonize some pedo that got smoked by a frightened child. We are not airing shows full of twerking pre-teens.

Conservatives hate progressive culture? Destroying everything you see is hardly progress. Turning the greatest country in the world into Cuba is hardly progress. Go ahead and ask one of the Cuban refugees who escaped to America on a scrap of wood how progress turned out.

The best one - Conservatives hate diversity. I work for a fortune 500 company whose conservative CEO and directors strongly embrace diversity. You know why? It's simple; we don't care if you are a straight white male, an LGBTQ person of color, or anything in between. We hire, retain, reward, and promote talent and work ethic - period. Marxists hate diversity and fairness in the workplace. They love quotas that tell women and people of color "you cannot compete on merit, so we forced false success on you". They love being able to openly discriminate against high performers who happen to be Asian, white, Christian, or Jewish.

Andy

Disciple
09-18-20, 14:13
Yup, it's the constant Marxist tactic of accusing your enemy (us) of exactly what you are doing yourself.

OH58D
09-18-20, 14:13
I am not, and would never, downplay Antifa’s danger. But at present it does tend to be in larger areas or in some hotspot where someone got shot or is giving a speech.

They have that mixture of immaturity and viciousness.

I’m just saying that, for now, it can be avoided to a degree.

At some point there will be a lot to answer for
This State only has a total population of around 2 million people, in a huge land area. We certainly have a number of those ANTIFA SOB's here too, and their chapters have Facebook pages. I'm the type of person to intervene when I see someone desecrating the American Flag. Sure it's part of their First Amendment Rights, but my Freedom of Expression prompts me to make an attempt to recover that Flag. I can withstand some physical intimidation, but I draw the line with our Flag.

Adrenaline_6
09-18-20, 14:14
I was just addressing that one point. Obviously I disagree with him on the rest. I haven’t followed y’alls beef.

I don’t disagree skullduggery is afoot but at the same time the mere threat is worse than the follow-through. Now is the time not to be divided if we are to hold back the night.

I do not fear 2020 as much as I do 2024

I hope we are all over estimating the chaos that will follow a Trump re-election. I think it's going to get real sketchy following it. They are going to push to the limit on what they can get away with and those who live in Dem run cities and counties are going to be totally screwed until federal help arrives. The spoiled child that has gotten to run amuck all this time will keep doing it until it gets a smack down. End of story.

OH58D
09-18-20, 14:40
I hope we are all over estimating the chaos that will follow a Trump re-election. I think it's going to get real sketchy following it. They are going to push to the limit on what they can get away with and those who live in Dem run cities and counties are going to be totally screwed until federal help arrives. The spoiled child that has gotten to run amuck all this time will keep doing it until it gets a smack down. End of story.
Assuming President Trump gets re-elected. Even if he does, it's possible we will lose the Senate, and they will just continue with new articles of impeachment and remove him from office. Won't that be a frosty Friday when that happens?????

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, because I'm not counting on the President getting re-elected. The American Left have too many tools and schemes to steal this election and I am guessing they have no limits as to what they will implement. When it comes to evil, they do it well. What's the old saying: "Nice guys finish last". That pretty well sums up a large segment of the American population....nice guys playing by the rules.

flenna
09-18-20, 15:58
Assuming President Trump gets re-elected. Even if he does, it's possible we will lose the Senate, and they will just continue with new articles of impeachment and remove him from office. Won't that be a frosty Friday when that happens?????

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, because I'm not counting on the President getting re-elected. The American Left have too many tools and schemes to steal this election and I am guessing they have no limits as to what they will implement. When it comes to evil, they do it well. What's the old saying: "Nice guys finish last". That pretty well sums up a large segment of the American population....nice guys playing by the rules.

This is where I am with the whole political situation. I have no doubt that the ComDems are going to pull out all the stops to litigate and cheat their way to victory. They aren't even attempting to hide that fact, either. They are just letting Punch Drunk Joe flounder his way around while the DNC is building an army of lawyers and poll workers. The DNC outright said that President Trump may win in a landslide on election day but Biden will win in the following weeks after all the votes are "counted". The state of Pennsylvania just released that they will accept mail in ballots up to three days after the election with no requirement to validate signatures. WTH?? And there are 20 other states going in the same direction. If all this really happens and the ComDems get away with it then it is truly the end of the Republic.

prepare
09-18-20, 19:01
This is why Amcon should be teaching offensive guerrilla tactics. Self defense doesn't/won't win/prevent revolutions or insurgencies.

1911-A1
09-18-20, 19:31
LOL

"He disagrees with the groupthink! He's a commie DU plant here to subvert our ironclad logic and righteous rage!"

The funny part is, I'm pretty middle of the road, politically. Certainly more right leaning than most of my friends. That's how ridiculously skewed the bubble here really is. As though everyone here is 100% conservative, with all your values as far to the right as possible. There is no possible way for anyone to pass your purity tests. It's absurd. Anyone questions or disagrees? CAST OUT THE LEFTIST OPERATIVE!

You're all terrified children, leftists lurking in the dark all around you. Accusing each other at the slightest whiff of dissent. 63772

You never learned to deal with people who disagree with you. You just retreat to your safe space here and discuss how you could possibly, hypothetically, theoretically kill them because that's all that makes sense to you. Therefore, ANTIFA is coming to get you! Certainly NOW is the time to shoot leftists, yes? These are SPECIAL times! Certainly all leftists are just a breath away from lighting molotov cocktails and hurling them at your pristine god-fearing communities. Better plan to kill anyone left of Ted Nugent, just to be safe.

After all, they're the violent savages, you know.

Disciple
09-18-20, 19:36
As though everyone here is 100% conservative, with all your values as far to the right as possible.

You're the one in the bubble if you think this place is "as far to the right as possible" in the way I'm sure mean. :rolleyes:

Nightvisionary
09-18-20, 19:44
LOL

"He disagrees with the groupthink! He's a commie DU plant here to subvert our ironclad logic and righteous rage!"

The funny part is, I'm pretty middle of the road, politically. Certainly more right leaning than most of my friends. That's how ridiculously skewed the bubble here really is. As though everyone here is 100% conservative, with all your values as far to the right as possible. There is no possible way for anyone to pass your purity tests. It's absurd. Anyone questions or disagrees? CAST OUT THE LEFTIST OPERATIVE!

You're all terrified children, leftists lurking in the dark all around you. Accusing each other at the slightest whiff of dissent. 63772

You never learned to deal with people who disagree with you. You just retreat to your safe space here and discuss how you could possibly, hypothetically, theoretically kill them because that's all that makes sense to you. Therefore, ANTIFA is coming to get you! Certainly NOW is the time to shoot leftists, yes? These are SPECIAL times! Certainly all leftists are just a breath away from lighting molotov cocktails and hurling them at your pristine god-fearing communities. Better plan to kill anyone left of Ted Nugent, just to be safe.

Oh look, he's Gaslighting us now.

https://youtu.be/iQExgALv9wI

1911-A1
09-18-20, 19:46

You straight up don't know what that means.

Firefly
09-18-20, 19:51
LOL

Hey man, I kinda White knighted for you. Don’t make me look like an asshole.

Most people here aren’t so much “Right wing” as much as “want to be left alone”.

TOS is the College Republicans and larpers. Even though politics are discussed/debated; you really can’t say we are groupthink.

Maybe you’re just taking it too hard or something

vandal5
09-18-20, 20:11
This is why Amcon should be teaching offensive guerrilla tactics. Self defense doesn't/won't win/prevent revolutions or insurgencies.I believe they are taking the awareness/self defense stance as not to be painted as militant or extremist.

prepare
09-18-20, 20:29
I believe they are taking the awareness/self defense stance as not to be painted as militant or extremist.

Tactics are still sorely needed.
So a mob of antifa/blm come to a large sub division and start setting houses on fire with molotov cocktails. Do average citizens know when and how to successfully and strategically engage the mob after their self defense class? Even if/when you start justifiably killing antifa/blm you will still be labelled a militant extremist. Just like the police are racists for shooting a deadly threat and charged with murder.

Esq.
09-18-20, 21:48
LOL

Deny that they killed in excess of 80 MILLION PEOPLE in the previous century, oh, you can't? Then your whining falls on deaf ears.

jpmuscle
09-18-20, 21:55
Deny that they killed in excess of 80 MILLION PEOPLE in the previous century, oh, you can't? Then your whining falls on deaf ears.

Shhhhhh that goes against the narrative.

Korgs130
09-19-20, 00:48
LOL

Dude, who are you talking to? Is that directed to someone specific or just M4C in general? I guarantee that most of us here are not “all terrified children.” The things we’ve done for our communities and our country say other wise.

Also, I grew up in Madison, WI and have a ton of uber liberal friends and family. Funny thing, it was antifa and BLM rioters that damaged and looted their businesses. I played club soccer with the county DA there when we were in HS. He is a very left leaning black democrat and guess what? Antifa and BLM when after him and his family at him home.

Who is actually physically going after everyone to the right of Mao? It isn’t anyone on M4C. It seems to me you’ve got it backwards there Mr A1.

Nightvisionary
09-21-20, 11:55
LOL

You straight up don't know what that means.

Gaslighting:
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes, including low self-esteem

I think I was pretty spot on. The light of Truth is now upon you. We see you for what you are.

1911-A1
09-21-20, 14:32
I think I was pretty spot on. The light of Truth is now upon you. We see you for what you are.

Aren't you being a little dramatic? Truth with a capital T? Lol. You can't take criticism or dissent at all, there has to be an ulterior motive at work. It's not enough that someone in your community doesn't drink your kool aid, they have to be enemy agents of manipulation undermining your status quo.

And you jump to that RIGHT AWAY. This is why the entire world laughs at the American right. You can't see how cartoonish you are. Everything is a liberal conspiracy, everyone is a leftist plant, everything hides a commie agenda.

Nightvisionary
09-21-20, 16:15
Aren't you being a little dramatic? Truth with a capital T? Lol. You can't take criticism or dissent at all, there has to be an ulterior motive at work. It's not enough that someone in your community doesn't drink your kool aid, they have to be enemy agents of manipulation undermining your status quo.

And you jump to that RIGHT AWAY. This is why the entire world laughs at the American right. You can't see how cartoonish you are. Everything is a liberal conspiracy, everyone is a leftist plant, everything hides a commie agenda.

With every post you paint yourself into a corner with your disdain and superior attitude and clarify to the rest of M4C what you are. You just cannot help it. We see right through you. You have failed.

titsonritz
09-21-20, 16:28
So...how about that Mike Glover guy and the American Contingency thing?

Nightvisionary
09-21-20, 19:01
So...how about that Mike Glover guy and the American Contingency thing?

You are right, time to get back on track. I just watched his last two updates. I understand things evolve. With that said I am not seeing a consistent purpose of AMCON. Originally the mission was to build an org where people could coalesce in time of an emergency. This was to be accomplished through the development of a app and a website. The locals.com was supposed to be a place holder not a permanent venue with an unlimited number of uncontrolled affiliated sub-venues. Updates have been kind of rambling talking about generalized preparedness and goal posts change and move. Now the goal seems to be putting out weekly training videos to subscribed members. At this point it seems AMCON has managed to obtain the personal info for vetting of those members who were motivated enough to start affiliate pages and become "Leaders" as well as those motivated enough to travel to an AMCON gathering. With the election 6 weeks away there isn't much time left to get this up and running.

gaijin
09-21-20, 19:26
My take; it’s lost any cohesion and seems much less a thing than I’d hoped.

vandal5
09-21-20, 20:02
I went to the meet up that we had planned and had about 20 guys show up.

As known the original vetting is taking longer that planned. We picked a centralized place to meet up and spent some time discussing how we would like to organize our local group.

We also discussed things that everone was hoping to get out of this new group. Some were solo like myself others either knew a person or two at the group or that that they thought would be interested in joining.

Ultimately AmCon is a tool. Maybe it's a tool you have no need for. Or maybe it just the tool you've been looking for.

I don't have a group guys that I have been training with for years (shame on me) but I just met a group of guys that know more about med, coms and shooting than I do. They all seemed interested in learning and discussing what they knew.

Best case I learn and develop some friend ships. Worst case I wasted 5 bucks and had a pretty fun Saturday chatting with some strangers.

RUTGERS95
09-21-20, 21:12

boom. for a tyrant, he did have some vision

Circle_10
09-22-20, 06:24
I’m still present in the regional groups that are pertinent to me but mostly as a lurker now. I don’t get a very good vibe from it but I don’t think it is because I sense malfeasance or something, rather I think I suspect it is doomed to fail. If I am able to network with anybody local though that can still continue independently of AmCon. I’ll be staying off their centralized personnel roster though.

As if any of this is a legitimate substitute for already having a solid local network in place. But what can I say, I’m not a “people person” and left to my own devices I generally don’t invest any effort into making friends. I’ve lived in my current neighborhood for four years and haven’t said more than two words to most of my neighbors.

RUTGERS95
09-22-20, 08:18

It's horseshit.

so how does your bubble work? How do you get air and food?

Nightvisionary
10-13-20, 10:42
I cancelled my paid membership. This thing has zero direction or purpose at this point. The original intent of the paid membership was to pay for the development of the App. Locals.com was to be a consolidated temporary home not a permanent place where anybody with a couple Call Of Duty 4 campaigns under their belt could start up a local AMCON affiliate page, appoint themselves as a Boogaloo Brigadier, and charge people to sign up. Now the App and dedicated website have not been mentioned in a couple months. A friend went to one of the meet and greets. It sounded like it was ok but nothing became of it. The premium videos are so basic in nature that if you have had any military, police, scouting or medical training it's probably going to be nothing new. I really appreciate the effort put forth by the pretty young lady in one of the recent videos but I dare say none of us became affiliated with AMCON because we were overly concerned with child choking hazards. Children choking has been an ongoing issue for 100,000 years or more but I didn't need a class on that, it's not why we need an American Contingency at this stage in the game after 100+ days of marxist rioting and a confirmed coup attempt against the Presidency. I have learned things from Mike's video's but those were videos I found on youtube. It wasn't posted on AmCon. The updates are really tapering off and the official intel is slowing down as well. I actually get a lot of information from Andy Ngo's premium locals.com page , Towlie2110 lol (Clownworld news) on Youtube, and Forward Observer. I just hope that everyone that sent in their personal info doesn't now have a newly created FBI file. Hopefully that wasn't the true intent.

AwaySooner
10-13-20, 13:05
What are their data retention policies? How are they storing your personal data? How do you get your profile wiped when you leave?

HCrum87hc
10-13-20, 13:13
I cancelled my paid membership. This thing has zero direction or purpose at this point. The original intent of the paid membership was to pay for the development of the App. Locals.com was to be a consolidated temporary home not a permanent place where anybody with a couple Call Of Duty 4 campaigns under their belt could start up a local AMCON affiliate page, appoint themselves as a Boogaloo Brigadier, and charge people to sign up. Now the App and dedicated website have not been mentioned in a couple months. A friend went to one of the meet and greets. It sounded like it was ok but nothing became of it. The premium videos are so basic in nature that if you have had any military, police, scouting or medical training it's probably going to be nothing new. I really appreciate the effort put forth by the pretty young lady in one of the recent videos but I dare say none of us became affiliated with AMCON because we were overly concerned with child choking hazards. Children choking has been an ongoing issue for 100,000 years or more but I didn't need a class on that, it's not why we need an American Contingency at this stage in the game after 100+ days of marxist rioting and a confirmed coup attempt against the Presidency. I have learned things from Mike's video's but those were videos I found on youtube. It wasn't posted on AmCon. The updates are really tapering off and the official intel is slowing down as well. I actually get a lot of information from Andy Ngo's premium locals.com page , Towlie2110 lol (Clownworld news) on Youtube, and Forward Observer. I just hope that everyone that sent in their personal info doesn't now have a newly created FBI file. Hopefully that wasn't the true intent.

I cancelled as well. They never contacted me for the background check stuff, so I'm not worried about that. Like you, the benefit just isn't there at this point. I may look into it again in the future if they get the app off the ground, but yeah, they definitely seem to be digging locals at this time.

Firefly
10-13-20, 13:18
Lol paying money for internet shit

Like Barfcom. Don’t think they won’t doxx the piss out of their paid membership when the day comes.

DPMS M4gery
RIA 1911
Taurus .38
THESE COLORS DON’T RUN

All that plus a cute picture is totally worth $25 a year non-refundable all for your privacy

I told everybody to stock up on Glocks, Colts, De-Google their Android, and switch to Linux.

But Nooooo. “Lol Fly on stoli again” “lol He’s on acid”

Well....when the Antifa brownshirts come and those who listened formed their hidden, off grid cabals; Don’t forget I told you so

Nightvisionary
10-13-20, 14:06
What are their data retention policies? How are they storing your personal data? How do you get your profile wiped when you leave?

I don't know. I never provided vetting information. I know how that movie ends.

Nightvisionary
10-13-20, 14:14
Lol paying money for internet shit

Like Barfcom. Don’t think they won’t doxx the piss out of their paid membership when the day comes.

DPMS M4gery
RIA 1911
Taurus .38
THESE COLORS DON’T RUN

All that plus a cute picture is totally worth $25 a year non-refundable all for your privacy

I told everybody to stock up on Glocks, Colts, De-Google their Android, and switch to Linux.

Well....when the Antifa brownshirts come and those who listened formed their hidden, off grid cabals; Don’t forget I told you so

Ed Sr. and Aimless must have really done a number on you.:D

10-13-20, 15:00

Hole up....Wait....WAIT. Aren’t you?!?

Jellybean
11-06-20, 20:23
Well, since nobody mentioned this, I think I'll post it up.
I decided to follow up a little bit and join my local group.
Then, like magic...

https://cdn.locals.com/images/posts/originals/133234/133234_swu1xx27tfwadf6.jpeg

Long story short, a lot of the local groups were using Discord as a 'forum' for people to meet up and coordinate online.
If you just thought "gee, I could have told you how that was going to work out without the picture", well congrats, and ditto. Discord has always been a leftist haven.
On Nov 2 Discord kicked everyone off. Not just my group, ALL Amcon related groups.
If you're thinking "gee that sure is convenient timing", yeah me too.
When my account got deleted and I got the ole 'you big meany' email above, I knew immediately exactly what had happened, because I've had it happen before on other soc-media sites like Facebook, and been watching coverage of this happening to other internet personalities as well for the last couple years. YES, the censorship is real; yes, it's blatantly politically biased one way. If anyone says otherwise, slap them. Hard.
I went on the Locals page just to confirm, and sure enough, it was partly hilarious and partly depressing watching the influx of feed-posts of every tom dick and harry posting up the above screenshot and wondering WTF happened. Ummm....you did a badthink, 1A doesn't apply to you, duh. :laugh:
Needless to say, people are now running around trying to figure out an alternate.
Yes dear reader, I know not the status of other groups, but in the approx 2 weeks I was on my local group, they never got an off-internet connectivity plan sorted out (and I'm showing up a couple months late to boot...). Apparently the Signal app was supposed to be it, but there was never a roster or other connectivity plan using it sorted out, at least as far as I could tell (and I asked the group coordinator directly).
Brilliant.

You know... I hate to rag on the group, because like I've said before, any attempt to organize is better than nothing at this point. But damn...
From what I've seen on the Locals page, and then what I saw of my AO group... you know, once I got to the Discord page, I expected to find people with a fire under their ass actively reaching out to coordinate and link up on a local ground-level.
Maybe the mindset will change now that they've been BTFO'd.
But honestly, it was just the same thing I could find anywhere else. A bunch of 'the usual' conversation about current events, bookended with people either posting info anyone could find anywhere, or asking for information anyone could find anywhere, and has been more than available from a variety of legit sources for well over ten years.
Why is it that everyone one of this sort of group thing seems to be like 75-90% noobs that have been living under a rock for the last decade or two?
I mean, if you're posting up 'need to know' info that a large part of the people in the group don't know, that I could type up OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD right now... It's a sad day when I feel like an SME on any topic.
It also seems like some of the coordinator/group leadership was spending more time trying to figure out how to partner with various organizations for the future than doing the job of the group, ie, group people up and and get them working together IRL right now, in anticipation of post-election shenanigans.

It's the small shit you can do today that counts... The rest of the 'big moves' can come after.
There's nothing that I saw that was so top secret or so much of a benefit that it required this ridiculous vetting hoopla either. Good grief, half of it is essentially a glorified HAM club.

Like I said previously, and I stand by it - NONE of this is something that ANYONE could have done in the last several years for themselves. It's just that people are too pathetic and lazy to think and do it themselves; they've got to be led there by the nose because a 'cool guy' told them to get on with it already.
C'mon man!

Anyway, I'll quit ranting now.