PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class – June 6-7, 2009 – South Hill, VA

VA_Dinger
11-27-08, 19:32
This class is filled again.

Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class – June 6-7, 2009 – South Hill, VA.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations, Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/DesertStorm.jpg

Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class:
Topics to be covered include safety, stance, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with the 1911, field stripping maintenance, malfunctions, and troubleshooting. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development & history of the modern 1911, as well as suggested modifications.

Description of the class from LAV:
"1911 operators course;

This class features 1911 specific range drills that highlight the differences of shooting a 1911 vs other handguns. Specific drills and courses of fire are used to allow the shooter to understand what shooting a 1911 is all about. The real unique part of this course that makes it stand out is the detail disassembly and assembly class on day two. This is combined with a trouble shooting portion that gives the shooters the skills needed to identify and diagnose problems. Recommended and not recommended modifications are part of this class. Time permitting a return to the range on day two to reinforce what was taught wraps up this an intensive 1911 learning experience. This class is a must for anyone who wants to run a 1911 properly and is one of the most popular classes I teach."

- You must shoot a 1911 variant handgun -

Lead Instructor: Larry Vickers
Assistant Instructor: David P.

- Class Date: June 6-7, 2009
- Price: $400
- Location: Private range in South Hill, Virginia (Directions will be provided during class sign-up).
- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon Requirements:
• Serviceable 1911 handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch (Ability to carry two spare mags - at a minimum) on body.
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5-8 is better)
• 800 rounds of ammo
• Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
• Good attitude

MISC:
• Electronic hearing protection
• Eye Protection
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
• Good attitude

To sign up please contact me via PM or email

Paul@Vickerstactical.com

MAP
11-27-08, 20:56
I'm in.

Mike

John_Wayne777
11-27-08, 21:30
I'm in. Just let us know when it's time to start sending in the deposits.

duckinthebox
11-28-08, 15:40
Let me know what i need to do also concering paperwork and deposits!!

VA_Dinger
11-28-08, 17:26
Welcome aboard.

It's nice to see some friends signing up as well as some new faces. Should make for a great class.

Just PM me your contact info and I will get the registration forms & payment/deposit info sent out to you.

30 cal slut
12-04-08, 07:35
i'm in. woohoo!

-ben

veegunslinger
12-05-08, 23:00
This is an awesome class. I had the opportunity to attend the June 08 class in GA. This class was all 1911 specific drills along with advantages and disadvantages. I would HIGHLY recommend this class to any 1911 aficionados out there.

Sigmax
12-07-08, 08:08
Oh, I am in for this one. PM is on the way.

flyfishr
12-07-08, 11:13
I'm in. PM Sent.

Flyfishr

VA_Dinger
12-07-08, 11:23
FYI: I will sending out the sign-up forms for this class this afternoon.

If you have not sent me a PM or email please do so. I need your contact info. My VT email address if listed in the original post in this thread.

VA_Dinger
12-07-08, 13:44
FYI: Sign-up forms have been sent to everybody who contacted LAV or myself. Please let me know if you would like to attend.

VA_Dinger
12-28-08, 15:13
FYI: Sign-up forms went out today for everybody who contacted me. If you would like to attend or contacted me but did not receive the forms please contact me ASAP.

There are only two open seats for this class.

d90king
12-28-08, 15:25
Im in PM sent.:D

VA_Dinger
12-28-08, 15:51
Im in PM sent.:D

Got it, and the forms have been sent.

Welcome aboard.

vaquero
02-09-09, 13:29
Hello VA Dinger,

Is there still an opening for the class? If so, consider me in.

Thanks,
Michael

VA_Dinger
02-18-09, 18:12
FYI: The deposit/payment reminder email has just done out for this class. If you received this email you have signed-up for the class but we have not received your sign-up form & deposit/payment.

Please reply to this email as soon as possible. This class has a long waiting list with guys eager to fill open seats.

30 cal slut
03-05-09, 06:57
Dinger,

Sent you an e-mail.

I have to bow out.

The CSO (Chief Spousal Officer) has retroactively declared that weekend off-limits to anything remotely fun.

Apologies!

-slut

BiggLee71
03-09-09, 20:09
any spots open?thanks,lee

KevinB
03-11-09, 15:40
Any room?

I can just come to harrass as well...

VA_Dinger
04-05-09, 20:28
FYI: I now have three open seats for this class.

Please contact me if interested in attending.

Three guys with late deposits just got bumped back to the stand-by list.

John_Wayne777
04-05-09, 21:46
Crap! I knew I forgot something. I'll get my deposit in this week.

VA_Dinger
04-19-09, 15:49
FYI: This class is full again.

Thank you to everybody who replied and filled seats.

VA_Dinger
05-26-09, 21:48
FYI: I just sent everybody an email with range directions, class requirements, and last minute payment details. If you signed up for this class and did not receive it please email or PM email me ASAP.

Should be another awesome 1911 Operators class.

Liberty5.56
05-30-09, 08:13
What time on the morning of 6 June do you need us at the range?

BiggLee71
05-31-09, 20:15
so,am i the only one who is super-psyched for this weekend?i have all my gear packed and ready to roll! i'm bringing and ed brown sf.what are you guys shootin?

JiMfraRED1911
06-02-09, 20:36
I have to pinch myself after reading the AAR on the AK class.

I'm running a Springer Loaded that was breathed on by two active duty Marine 2112s. Bits from Kart, 10-8, Wilson, Ed Brown, NH and EGW. Wolff Springs.

Good to go and can't wait.

John_Wayne777
06-02-09, 23:23
It looks like I might not make it. My grandmother fell this morning smashing her face on some concrete and breaking a bone in her neck. I'm at Roanoke Memorial right now with her as we wait for word from the trauma and brain/spine docs.

If I'm there I'm there, but I doubt I'll be able to make it. Dinger: If this puts LAV in a bind as far as attendance, let me know and we can work something out. Try my cell as my internet access is going to be sporadic at best.

TOrrock
06-03-09, 09:07
What time on the morning of 6 June do you need us at the range?

Start time on Saturday the 6th is 10:00.

J_W......that sucks man, best wishes!

VA_Dinger
06-03-09, 09:42
Start Time: 10:00 A.M. Saturday morning.

This is done so the guys driving in from long distances get some sleep. We will just run an hour or so longer into the afternoon.

I'm fairly sure the start time was posted once earlier in the thread. Either way, I will be sending out one more class info email just to ensure everybody has the directions to the range, class start time, gear & ammo requirements, ETC.

- If you owe cash on day 1 is fine.

See you guys in the class.

J.W. - Not a problem. These issues happen to everybody from time to time.

glockem
06-03-09, 12:09
so,am i the only one who is super-psyched for this weekend?i have all my gear packed and ready to roll! i'm bringing and ed brown sf.what are you guys shootin?

I guess I'm the boring one. I'm running a Kimber Eclipse straight out of the box. :(

flyfishr
06-03-09, 18:51
. . . I was going to bring a Colt Commander right out of the box, but went to the range today, and it's not feeding reliably (having tried a host of magazines). So there goes my "it's the factory sights (or trigger, or . . .)" excuse for my shooting.

I'll dig out another 1911, and use that standby excuse: "It's my old eyes!"

But I figure it won't be long before someone says"It's trigger control - - - operator error!"

See you folks in a couple of days.

Lively
06-03-09, 20:44
I'll be shooting a Colt Government right out of the box.Not sure what to expect this will be my first class.Hope I don't slow things down too much.

John_Wayne777
06-05-09, 12:17
It looks like I'll be able to make it.

Applebee's at 7 or 7:30 tonight sound good?

TOrrock
06-05-09, 14:27
It looks like I'll be able to make it.

Applebee's at 7 or 7:30 tonight sound good?

Glad you're going to make it.

I'll be coming down in the morning, so see you guys then.

KevinB
06-06-09, 20:23
I hope you guys are enjoying it -- I got an email late this week from Dinger, and I did not leave work will 1735 on Friday
- it was a impossible mission to make.

John_Wayne777
06-07-09, 22:39
AAR thread is located here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=32267