PDA

View Full Version : Nextdoor: Website gets more conservative voices?

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-26-20, 10:47
Most people are familiar with Nextdoor.com which is like a local face book for to keep people appraised of local events. Lots of cheap for sales, people looking for goods and services, and lots of lost dogs. A lot of lost dogs. They also cover local politics, but it is supposed to be pretty even keel, with no opinions, just stating things like there is a rally, or there is a vote coming up. Also local discussion of crime (property usually) events.

When the "Hate has no home here" signs came out it was like 99:1 people virtue signaling in favor of it and against Trump. I've noticed in the past few months a lot more conservative voices on there, Started with masks (ugh) and when the riots happened a big time swing. While still mostly left wing, it was like 30-40 percent people and comments calling BS on BLM and how things were going. That's in frickin' Denver.

Some recent threads on tax increases have been 80% against.

I don't think it is a big mind change. I do think that people on the right are getting less prone to keeping their pie holes shut. Good and bad. It's good that it is happening, but I think that people are realizing that if things keep up as they are, things are going to be really bad, and soon.

Just an observation.

m1a_scoutguy
07-26-20, 11:45
Yea I have been a "Member" of my Nextdoor website for over a year or more. LOL,like ya say plenty of Lost Dogs and asking about reliable painters/mechanics, etc ! I have noticed a mix of Political/Gun/Tax topics on the rise. Some people will go along others will whine and say take it over to Facebook this is not the place for it ! I think its a good area for Locals to communicate but as with everything if someone can come in and disrupts the peace there certainly will ! I go weeks at a time and never log in then will check it out daily for a week,,all depends on my mood !

Co-gnARR
07-26-20, 12:17
I got it because crime in Albuquerque was (still is) out of control and a few of us in the neighborhood were keeping our wagons circled. Good information, at first some response from local gov’t. But it devolved. The amount of stupidity in the comments is mind numbing. Basically it became an arena for people whining about crime and then whining about racist policing, etc. The upside is the app does give a good picture of where the hearts & minds really are. For my town, there is a clear divide between hopeless progressives and fed up conservatives.

Diamondback
07-26-20, 12:33
Beware, Nextdoor is owned/operated by Gun Grabbers and has plenty of Karen The HOA Jerkess types... and your PII is out there for all to see IIRC.

The_War_Wagon
07-26-20, 12:48
I avoid my neighbors in person. Why would I want to waste MORE time ignoring them on-line. :rolleyes:

chuckman
07-26-20, 14:34
Mine is full of knee-jerking, virtue-signalling pussies who are afraid to go outside because of COVID....

Business_Casual
07-26-20, 14:37
Mine is full of knee-jerking, virtue-signalling pussies who are afraid to go outside because of COVID....

I was banned for questioning the mask and other PC narratives.

JoshNC
07-26-20, 16:06
I don’t post on ours unless it’s to recommend a local contractor or business in response to someone’s inquiry. It’s like all social media. You won’t digitally change anyone’s mind. Your just contributing to moronic echo chamber if you sling it out with others.

Krazykarl
07-26-20, 16:35
I canceled my next-door app and account after my mayor tried to get me fired in a typical back stabbing liberal attack. You have heard of him. Pete Buttigieg.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-27-20, 00:28
I canceled my next-door app and accountafter my mayor tried to get me fired in a typical back stabbing liberal attack. You have heard of him. Pete Buttigieg.

Arik
07-27-20, 07:40
I log on occasionally just in case. It is nice to know what's happening in your neighborhood or immediate area while keeping to yourself.

I don't use my real name. The only topic I got really involved in was when people were feeding deer.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

chuckman
07-27-20, 09:06
I was banned for questioning the mask and other PC narratives.

One guy in the neighborhood took pictures of two underage girls at the grocery store who happened to not have masks on. Those girls also happened to be our nieces. He was all righteous and indignant, until I got on the app on my wife's phone and called him out for being a pedophile for taking pictures of underage girls.

He wants to play games, I can play games.

Averageman
07-27-20, 10:20
Really? Because here it is nothing but a mouthpiece for carpet bagging lefties to move in and tell us how racist we are here.
Calling them on it only means 4 more will come on in to shut you down.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-27-20, 12:25
Really? Because here it is nothing but a mouthpiece for carpet bagging lefties to move in and tell us how racist we are here.

And definitely has been that kind of place for the past four or so years, but in the past couple months there has been a decided shift to the right in the commentary. I don’t take it as more right wing people joining, if anything a number of them left over the past few years, but I see it as people on the right not sitting quietLy anymore.

JoshNC
07-27-20, 21:25

Yep. That’s my AO. Tons of liberal mother$&$?@!g transplants.

JoshNC
07-27-20, 21:26
One guy in the neighborhood took pictures of two underage girls at the grocery store who happened to not have masks on. Those girls also happened to be our nieces. He was all righteous and indignant, until I got on the app on my wife's phone and called him out for being a pedophile for taking pictures of underage girls.

He wants to play games, I can play games.

Ha, that is awesome.

glocktogo
07-28-20, 14:26
I canceled my next-door app and account after my mayor tried to get me fired in a typical back stabbing liberal attack. You have heard of him. Pete Buttigieg.

Pete Bootyjudge tried to back-door you? Say it ain't so! :D