PDA

View Full Version : Prison rules Rugby

Voodoochild
07-26-20, 11:14
Pretty much the best description I could give this sport. Was watching Home Game on Netflix and found this to be pretty crazy. If there are any Italian members here please feel free to chime in (Especially if you're from Florence).

https://youtu.be/8_tn5Ji0nac

Grand58742
07-26-20, 11:19
Didn't realize rugby had rules to start with...

jbjh
07-26-20, 11:26
Ok. That’s hilarious.

When I was living in Australia I went to games with friends and it’s a fairly enjoyable game to watch live (I preferred Aussie Rules Football). Beers and meat pasties!

Sent from 80ms in the future

arptsprt
07-26-20, 11:43
W...T...F? Stupid. Thugs gonna thug I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
07-26-20, 11:43
Former rugger here. There are rules...don’t carry the ball if you aren’t carrying two of your own already. :jester:

Krazykarl
07-26-20, 11:47
Rugby is very self regulating. If you can't afford the correction from the tight 5, don't break the rules and be a cheating cunt.

flenna
07-26-20, 11:49
I think the ball is just being used in lieu of a bell, like at a boxing match. Ball gets dropped, fight starts.

Krazykarl
07-26-20, 11:53
Don't know what that mad melee is. Rugby it is not. Looks very medieval and entertaining with some sense of organization.

jsbhike
07-26-20, 11:56
Can't recall if they were 2 rugby or Australian rules football players, but my high school drivers ed class had a film where the duo drove a small hatchback in to a wall at 30(or 45?) MPH while the passenger held a baby doll to demonstrate why holding a child in a car was a bad idea.

Voodoochild
07-26-20, 12:30
It's called Calico Fiorentino and it is a game that was started back during the seige of Florence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino

Co-gnARR
07-26-20, 12:46
Rugby is very self regulating. If you can't afford the correction from the tight 5, don't break the rules and be a cheating cunt.

Bingo. Rugby is equal opportunity- there is a position for all shapes and sizes. Winning teams know how to balance these variances in size, speed and strength. Loose side second row player here. We had a tight pack and excellent coordination between forward & rear halves. We knew when to ruck and when to reset and let the turnover happen. Our backs were disciplined and knew when to break away and when to pass.

For those who don’t know, rugby is not football without pads. It is more like soccer with tackling. There is a lot of nuance and technique to controlling the field. Knowing when to contact and when to pass is key to success.

LMT Shooter
07-27-20, 06:17
I'm kinda hooked, I can't stop watching.

Update: I just finished watching the game after I got off work. I've never seen a rugby game, and I can't stand soccer, but I found this very entertaining.

jsbhike
07-27-20, 10:19
It's called Calico Fiorentino and it is a game that was started back during the seige of Florence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino

Sounds like Bear Grylls logic.

In a tough situation? Do something with a high chance for injury.