PDA

View Full Version : Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

jrcii
07-26-20, 17:52
Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC

ColtSeavers
07-26-20, 18:05
Not only is the particular lower you want in stock during a panic, but it's only $134 - $145? And you're indecisive?

You already missed sub $100, you have no right to complain now. I would buy anything I want or need as soon as I can find it provided I am not putting my family into debt.

If you're troubled over an extra $40 now, I can't wait for your next thread in October.

t1tan
07-26-20, 18:13
Just join notification lists and wait, I just got an M4E1 for $79

3 AE
07-26-20, 18:17
When you have the money and sources are limited, BUY IT! There have always been telltale signs of impending shortages of one thing or another. Some people tend to wait until it's too late and then start complaining about others "Hoarding" this or "Hoarding" that. It's usually a matter of choice, they chose to buy something else or chose not to buy, hoping the price will come down or the supply will catch up. With todays internet, smart phones, and access to venders near and far, what is in stock one day, be it firearms, ammo, beef, freezers, toilet paper, etc., etc. can be "Out of Stock" within the hour.

So don't wait over a price difference of only $40-$50. Get it so we don't have to listen to you complain about "Hoarders" and "Price Gougers". Not that you would! ;) We are still a Capitalist country. Supply and demand still drives the market place. Buy it and be happy!

Slater
07-26-20, 18:33
And if you need or want more mags, I wouldn't wait too long to buy more.

ndmiller
07-26-20, 19:25
Agreed.......only our gun owners to blame, buying up everything in sight just in case.........I stocked up 3-4 panic buying patterns ago, maybe this time I'll let go of some stuff.

Funny thing is there is plenty of normal supply but this erratic feast or famine panic buying into 0 demand means $2000 AR's then $750 AR's is going to be the new normal.

m1a_scoutguy
07-26-20, 19:50
You need to convince yourself if you should buy known receivers that are $140 bucks,,,go look at Gunbroker,,,you'll buy everyone you can find at that price !! Look at the BIG picture,do you have multiple rifles now ? Are these just to have,,,which is a want & NOT a need ! If you have rifles now I would be looking more for "extra" parts & pieces, springs & things,mags,ammo,reloading items which in reality could be harder to find now than a chunk of aluminum,,(receiver) LOL Back in the Obuma years I bought a LRB lower off GB for $140 bucks plus shipping and I was happy to have it ! Weigh out your options and needs that's for sure !

DG23
07-26-20, 20:00
Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC

Lots of stuff I would 'like' to have right now but...

No way I am about to pay stupid prices for things that I do not 'need'.

A year (or 2 or 3) ago was the right time to be filling up toolboxes / safes with 'extras'. Right now? Not so much... :no:

About 6mos before Trump won the election I bought my first 6920. $850 OTD, no tax as I paid cash, NIB from local gun store. A friend waited till a month before that election and paid about $1000.00 for the same thing. A friend of his waited till a week before and paid even more for the same. Tried to tell them they were overpaying but they would not listen.

R0CKETMAN
07-26-20, 20:03
If it’s a long term hold what’s $30-40 bucks....

Get what you want and drive on

DG23
07-26-20, 20:03
You need to convince yourself if you should buy known receivers that are $140 bucks,,,go look at Gunbroker,,,you'll buy everyone you can find at that price !! Look at the BIG picture,do you have multiple rifles now ? Are these just to have,,,which is a want & NOT a need ! If you have rifles now...

Well said sir.

Dukr
07-26-20, 20:45
A number of years ago (maybe 10 or 12), I bought a few Aero lowers for $200 each. I couldn't find any other parts except for these lowers. And then few years ago I was buying their lowers for $55 each. I guess I paid what I had to at the time.

jrcii
07-26-20, 21:03
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I already have 3 AR-15 lowers and 1 AR-10 in the safe. But, what prompted this is that every betting market that I checked has the Dems taking the Presidency, the House, and the Senate as an odds on favorite. If that happens, they will get rid of the filibuster, and everything will be banned.

I have a couple of builds that I want to do, but I'm also thinking about what standard capacity Glock magazines cost during the last ban.

JRC

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-27-20, 09:48
Look at it this way. A $150 lower is 3x the cost of a $50 lower...but it only increases your total build cost by $100. This is why I've always questioned people buying PSA and Anderson lowers over something like a LMT Defender.

IKnowNotEverything
07-27-20, 14:28
Aero M4E1 blems are in stock on their website for $78 right now, standard for $71. Good luck.

markm
07-27-20, 15:08
October is the best lower buying month. Just wait.

Eurodriver
07-27-20, 17:15
Look at it this way. A $150 lower is 3x the cost of a $50 lower...but it only increases your total build cost by $100. This is why I've always questioned people buying PSA and Anderson lowers over something like a LMT Defender.

Because gun guys are cheap, best friend.

We’ve always known this. They’re legit Misers.

markm
07-27-20, 17:25

Hash Tag Holosun!! :jester:

Pappabear
07-27-20, 17:28
Not only is the particular lower you want in stock during a panic, but it's only $134 - $145? And you're indecisive?

You already missed sub $100, you have no right to complain now. I would buy anything I want or need as soon as I can find it provided I am not putting my family into debt.

If you're troubled over an extra $40 now, I can't wait for your next thread in October.

Pretty funny and oh so true. +1

PB

Pappabear
07-27-20, 17:31
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I already have 3 AR-15 lowers and 1 AR-10 in the safe. But, what prompted this is that every betting market that I checked has the Dems taking the Presidency, the House, and the Senate as an odds on favorite. If that happens, they will get rid of the filibuster, and everything will be banned.

I have a couple of builds that I want to do, but I'm also thinking about what standard capacity Glock magazines cost during the last ban.

JRC

If they get elected it will be illegal to own one any fkn way. If they get their way.

PB

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-27-20, 19:19

Yes they are. My favorite are the poors who spend hundreds if not thousands on cigarettes, lotto tickets, and tattoos every year and talk about how they can't afford a decent optic. I don't know there Iron Lung, seems like you can afford a decent optic but that full sleeve with Waylon Jennings face in the middle was more important. :confused:

Straight Shooter
07-27-20, 20:00
Hash Tag Holosun!! :jester:63237

ColtSeavers
07-27-20, 21:14
Hash Tag Holosun!! :jester:

You seen the Travis Haley video where he's showing off his gay blue tacoma and gets caught with a Holosun on his truck AR? "I'm just testing it out..."

hotrodder636
07-27-20, 21:40
Few truer words have been spoken. Never made sense to me. To each their own and like Euro said most “gun guys” are cheap skates.

AKDoug
07-27-20, 22:27
I cannot wait for October. Going to pay for another vacation again with all the shit I'm going to sell. I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook (I didn't possess enough stuff), but I still made a bunch of money. I did lose my ass when Trump actually got elected, but I gladly took that victory.

Slater
07-27-20, 22:34
I guess that's one thing the bolt gun crowd has over the AR crowd - There's no panic to buy bolt guns. They're for hunters and hillbillies :D

m1a_scoutguy
07-28-20, 00:33
I don't know what your looking for considering what you already have,but here ya go,,buy em up ! I would still be MORE concerned with LPKs and other parts for what you have,just my 2 cents worth !
https://www.fulton-armory.com/lowerreceiverstrippedfultonarmoryfar-15fflreqd.aspx

scottryan
07-28-20, 09:22
Virgin lower receivers are not grandfathered assault weapons.

ruckusjuice
07-28-20, 09:28
Wilson Combat sells their anodized lowers for $95. I picked one up a few weeks ago. I don’t know if they’re in stock right now as I haven’t checked since I ordered mine.

t1tan
07-28-20, 10:08

Who cares? Anybody that would comply are part of the problem.

markm
07-28-20, 10:24

Too funny.

You seen the Travis Haley video where he's showing off his gay blue tacoma and gets caught with a Holosun on his truck AR? "I'm just testing it out..."

I'd never watch a video featuring that guy. I don't watch any "gun" videos from any of these youtuber yayhoos. I do use youtube to host some vids, but these jerk off channels are unwatchable.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-28-20, 11:46

Nobody cares.

scottryan
07-28-20, 12:02
Who cares? Anybody that would comply are part of the problem.

Comply?

If you operate under that logic, do you also violate the NFA and have illegal SBRs and MGs?

Eurodriver
07-28-20, 12:57
Comply?

If you operate under that logic, do you also violate the NFA and have illegal SBRs and MGs?

Nobody would put this on the internet. Pointless question.

I can definitely tell you’re the kind of guy who doesn’t slap short uppers on unregistered lowers though.

Nobody cares.

This lol.

MontanaMarine
07-28-20, 13:04
Now is not the time to linger, hoping to save what amounts to chump change.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-28-20, 14:13
Comply?

Nobody cares.

grizzman
07-28-20, 16:28
That'll increase the price of a high quality $1,200 AR by a hair over 3%. That's way too much of an increase to ignore. You should wait until the price returns to a reasonable level.
:jester:

Stickman
07-28-20, 18:16
When I read a post like that of the OP, I think back to all the guys in AWB states, and the people who stalled for the 86 ban.

Does anyone else remember when the Mauser C96 (Broom handle) swarmed the market and they were dirt cheap? I kick myself hard and often for not jumping on a small pile of them. The dirt cheap SKS and AKs? Sure the AK is a dirty commie trash can gun, but cheap is cheap. The $50 Mosins? The low priced imported surplus ammo? The list goes on and on. Those of us who procrastinate wish we hadn't sooner or later.

seb5
07-28-20, 19:23
Comply?

I really believe we are in a different time than the other bans and scares. If the left wins it will not matter for long. I believe there are many who absolutely will not register ANYTHING or turn in ANYTHING. I'm in the rural South and I believe the level of non compliance would be the largest ever seen, anywhere.

JediGuy
07-28-20, 19:31
What good is noncompliance but to delay the inevitable?

jrcii
07-28-20, 19:57
For any who care, I ended up buying the 2 that were available for $134 then found 3 others that were selling for $100. I'm good with the average price.
Thanks again for the advice,

JRC

seb5
07-28-20, 20:31

I suppose it would mean you were armed for the inevitable.

sjoliat
07-28-20, 20:38
I don't know what your looking for considering what you already have,but here ya go,,buy em up ! I would still be MORE concerned with LPKs and other parts for what you have,just my 2 cents worth !
https://www.fulton-armory.com/lowerreceiverstrippedfultonarmoryfar-15fflreqd.aspx

Thanks for posting that link. Needed a few LPKs and got what I was after.

MontanaMarine
07-28-20, 22:19
For any who care, I ended up buying the 2 that were available for $134 then found 3 others that were selling for $100. I'm good with the average price.
Thanks again for the advice,

JRC

Good move.

JediGuy
07-28-20, 22:35
I suppose it would mean you were armed for the inevitable.

lolll

m1a_scoutguy
07-29-20, 00:06
Thanks for posting that link. Needed a few LPKs and got what I was after.

Dam, I didn't mean to give out one of my "secret" sources, LOL ! As tough as things are I am still finding decent quality items out there ! I don't need much myself but I am always on the hunt ! Glad I could help out !

AndyLate
07-29-20, 07:16
If they get elected it will be illegal to own one any fkn way. If they get their way.

PB

Well, at least then we can all run SBRs without waiting for a tax stamp. Gotta find the silver lining.

Andy

Bret
07-29-20, 10:23
Those in favor of gun control are donating like crazy to their candidates. On the other hand, most gun owners don't support pro-2nd Amendment candidates financially. Instead they spend their money competing with other gun owners to buy guns at inflated prices.

robbins290
07-29-20, 10:44
FIVE POINT FIVE SIX, I know way too many people like that. and wont spend ammo on training because he can only afford 20 bucks a week on ammo. But smokes 2 packs and drinks like 5 tall red bulls daily. Add that up, and he could have alot for ammo and training. Refuses to buy good rifles and optics because his works just as good. (sub par home built carbines and a worn out wasr10/63).

jpmuscle
07-29-20, 12:09
Comply?

It’s people and attitudes like this as to why American cities are burning and cultural degeneracy will be the ruin of America and potentially western civilization as whole sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediGuy
07-29-20, 14:28
Whatever. This isn’t GD.

Voodoochild
07-29-20, 16:15
Stay on topic and cut the bickering and BS. Only warning.

RHINOWSO
07-29-20, 16:30
A number of years ago (maybe 10 or 12), I bought a few Aero lowers for $200 each. I couldn't find any other parts except for these lowers. And then few years ago I was buying their lowers for $55 each. I guess I paid what I had to at the time.

The firearm version of "dollar cost averaging..." ;)

scooter22
07-29-20, 20:53

Which is?

10MMGary
07-29-20, 21:22
When I read a post like that of the OP, I think back to all the guys in AWB states, and the people who stalled for the 86 ban.

Does anyone else remember when the Mauser C96 (Broom handle) swarmed the market and they were dirt cheap? I kick myself hard and often for not jumping on a small pile of them. The dirt cheap SKS and AKs? Sure the AK is a dirty commie trash can gun, but cheap is cheap. The $50 Mosins? The low priced imported surplus ammo? The list goes on and on. Those of us who procrastinate wish we hadn't sooner or later.

I could have wrote these very words, I learned though.

IKnowNotEverything
07-30-20, 00:23
How many stripped lowers do you consider enough? 2? 6? 10?

OrbitalE
07-30-20, 01:25
Aero M4E1 in stock $114: https://www.primaryarms.com/aero-precision-stripped-m4e1-lower-receiver-special-edition-freedom-fde

seb5
07-30-20, 07:18

That's a question I'll bet everyone on this board has asked themselves, and there's no real answer. How many for what. To have one for self defense, to sale at profit, to leave each of yourkids that doesn't care anyway? And why lowers? If the marxists do indeed take over and cram thier wants down the collective nations throat, what makes anyone think for a second that parts and uppers won't be regulated or even banned?

It also depends on what you do. For me if I had to break it down that's an SBR, SPR, GP carbine. Anything else is extra, but that's not saying extra's are a bad thing. Currently I'd buy more ammo if I had my needs covered. Earlier this week I looked at a dozen places and couldn't even find something as simple as a Magpul sling.

Pappabear
07-30-20, 10:41

Depends on how many full guns you own. Most of us have more than we need, I sure do. But I have one KAC stripped and one Spikes Crusader, and one KAC is not the true ambi KAC, its the Bullshit version. I guess thats enough.

PB

scooter22
07-30-20, 19:17

Do you have at least one complete rifle outfitted with an optic, back-up sighting system, light, sling, at least 10 magazines, training ammo, defense ammo, and spare parts?

If your answer is "no" to any of those listed above, you shouldn't be buying spare lowers in my opinion.

grizzlyblake
07-30-20, 20:31
I’d echo the above but I’d do one full kitted rifle, then a second full kitted rifle. Optic and everything, before buying spare parts and lowers.

Why?

Look at the shootings that have happened with the riots. The guns used are immediately taken into evidence. So if you think there’s a reasonable chance you’ll use your rifle for real you need an immediate ready to go backup fo when you’re released from interrogation.

That pile of bolts and stripped lowers won’t do you much good that first night home.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-31-20, 13:19
I’d echo the above but I’d do one full kitted rifle, then a second full kitted rifle. Optic and everything, before buying spare parts and lowers.

Why?

Look at the shootings that have happened with the riots. The guns used are immediately taken into evidence. So if you think there’s a reasonable chance you’ll use your rifle for real you need an immediate ready to go backup fo when you’re released from interrogation.

That pile of bolts and stripped lowers won’t do you much good that first night home.

Which is one of the reasons I've never believed in the one gun concept. I take it a step further though. I think ideally you should have three fully kitted up carbines. One for serious use like home defense, one for training, and one backup that can be pushed into either role if one of the others is taken out of commission or held for evidence. A fourth option would be something compact with a Law Tactical folder that could be discreetly carried in a backpack....but a folding shorty could certainly pull double duty as a house gun and a travel backpack gun.

Pappabear
07-31-20, 14:37
Well I lost my mind and bought a couple of Ti-rant suppressors today. $399 out the door each. But while I was there they had Areo complete lowers with a very nice brace for $350. I might keep it in case I want to go out of state with a shorty upper. I have no pistol brace AR15 lowers.

So there are some good deals out there popping up here and there.

PB

Corse
07-31-20, 18:51
Well I lost my mind and bought a couple of Ti-rant suppressors today. $399 out the door each. But while I was there they had Areo complete lowers with a very nice brace for $350. I might keep it in case I want to go out of state with a shorty upper. I have no pistol brace AR15 lowers.

So there are some good deals out there popping up here and there.

PB

Any suppressors left?

Pappabear
07-31-20, 19:02
One left, go get it. That is cost.

PB

Corse
07-31-20, 19:12
One left, go get it. That is cost.

PB

Can you send me the dealer? I just got an sr30 lower, have to convince the wife a suppressor is a good idea too.

Pappabear
08-01-20, 12:08
Can you send me the dealer? I just got an sr30 lower, have to convince the wife a suppressor is a good idea too.

PM sent

judgecrater
08-04-20, 16:22
Hello all,

Thanks,

JRC

You can buy stripped lowers at PSA right now for $79 each, all you want.

DG23
08-04-20, 19:05
You can buy stripped lowers at PSA right now for $79 each, all you want.

Gave about 50 for the last one I bought from them. $80.00 is high in my opinion

Corse
08-04-20, 22:13
Gave about 50 for the last one I bought from them. $80.00 is high in my opinion

You could revisit it in 3 months and see what they cost.

M1ashooter
08-04-20, 23:08
Buy it now you never know whats is going to happen tomorrow. Its good to have spares around and if you die then your kids or friends will say what was he doing with all this stuff. Its better to have it and not need it then to need it and can't get it. I had a complete rifle lower in the vault that I decided to use and then went out and bought anoter lower and parts to replace the one I used.

mncarbine
08-05-20, 15:55

Still waiting for someone to show me that a PSA or Anderson lower isn't the same as any other forged lower? Milspec is milspec. Did you have the same thoughts about PSA when they were selling Aero lowers?

I have sold many, many PSA (and to a lesser degree Anderson) and haven't had a single problem with them.

PSA has lowers for $70 right now. Don't know why you would pay double that for a name. Just saying...

JediGuy
08-05-20, 17:35
Still waiting for someone to show me that a PSA or Anderson lower isn't the same as any other forged lower? Milspec is milspec. Did you have the same thoughts about PSA when they were selling Aero lowers?

I have sold many, many PSA (and to a lesser degree Anderson) and haven't had a single problem with them.

PSA has lowers for $70 right now. Don't know why you would pay double that for a name. Just saying...

Here we go again...

You could go watch someone actually checking this on YouTube on the School of the American Rifle channel.

Cheaper does not have to mean “bad.”
Functional is not the same as “the same.”

Five_Point_Five_Six
08-05-20, 20:40

Well, for starters, PSA and Anderson aren't milspec, so there's that. I don't pay for names though, I pay for quality. You may or may not be in a place financially where you can afford an extra $100. That's okay. Enjoy your PSA and Anderson.

RHINOWSO
08-05-20, 21:15
Just saying...
And nobody here cares...

:sarcastic:

machinegunman
08-05-20, 21:41

Amen brother !!

do you also violate the NFA and have illegal SBRs and MGs?

Its only illegal if you get caught!

Bret
08-05-20, 22:04
Well, for starters, PSA and Anderson aren't milspec, so there's that. I don't pay for names though, I pay for quality. You may or may not be in a place financially where you can afford an extra $100. That's okay. Enjoy your PSA and Anderson.
I can afford any and all, but I don't see a reason to pay out more for something if I can't tell a difference. I bought a PA-10 lower and the fit to their upper was crap. However, I have Anderson lowers among many others and I honestly can't tell a bit of difference between any of them other than perhaps the finish. Please educate me since the difference isn't obvious. How are the Anderson lowers out of spec?

machinegunman
08-06-20, 00:55
Please educate me since the difference isn't obvious.

Anderson, Aero, Spikes, PSA are budget friendly-quality- economical lowers. They are a great starting point if you chose to build the entire gun from an economical platform. I wouldn't suggest starting with an Anderson lower if your intent is to use a Noveske barrel or higher end components like KAC, LMT etc. The fit and finish are consistent with each other in regards to machining, deburring and anodizing. The question at hand is, is it worth spending the extra coin considering there is a nation wide shortage of AR components and accessories or wait this season out and hopes that the shelves will be restocked and prices will adjust accordingly. In short, No! Not during an election year.

Five_Point_Five_Six
08-06-20, 09:52
I can afford any and all, but I don't see a reason to pay out more for something if I can't tell a difference. I bought a PA-10 lower and the fit to their upper was crap. However, I have Anderson lowers among many others and I honestly can't tell a bit of difference between any of them other than perhaps the finish. Please educate me since the difference isn't obvious. How are the Anderson lowers out of spec?

They have a long history of shipping out of spec lowers and improperly assembled uppers. I'm no longer on Facebook, but this question came up everyday in gun groups and one guy that owned a gun shop had piles of pictures of bad Anderson product. Things like un-broached magwells, grip screw holes not being threaded, offset buffer retainer being required due to the hole for the spring and retainer being too far back which causes the buffer to strike the retainer, trigger pin holes in the wrong location, and just overall poor quality.

They literally have no QC dept, so you run a bigger risk of getting a bad product from them than many others. Sure their lowers are $40, but my time is valuable and dicking around with companies with bad track records is something I'm absolutely not going to do at this point in my life.

Pappabear
08-06-20, 12:37
I have always said buying high quality products increases your chance of having a good experince exponentially. The chances of having a bad product are much higher when you buy cheaper. You can buy a PSA lower, even if the lower is "in spec", the LPK could be trash. I have one friend that buys cheapest gun and gun parts and every time he is always coming to me saying why is this not working. And I tell him and tell him and he just keeps doing it.

You can lead a horse to water...

PB

AndyLate
08-06-20, 15:07
I have always said buying high quality products increases your chance of having a good experince exponentially. The chances of having a bad product are much higher when you buy cheaper. You can buy a PSA lower, even if the lower is "in spec", the LPK could be trash. I have one friend that buys cheapest gun and gun parts and every time he is always coming to me saying why is this not working. And I tell him and tell him and he just keeps doing it.

You can lead a horse to water...

PB

Absolutely true. I got lucky with a serviceable Anderson lower, but I am not foolish enough to think they are as good as my Sionics, Nodak Spud, LMT, or Sabre Defense lowers. Anderson will (used to at least) take care of you under warranty, but will you have to pay to transfer the replacement lower? You certainly will be out your time and frustration.

I will (and have) purchased a stripped PSA lower before another Anderson. I believe PSA is "better". But I purchased my PSA lower at a LGS (at a good price) where I could inspect it. I rejected 2 PSA lowers before I bought one for a dedicated 22 build.

There is a place for cheap parts IMHO, but I would struggle with buying an Aero part for close to the same price as better suppliers (Sionics, SOLGW, etc).

Andy

t1tan
08-06-20, 15:54
Absolutely true. I got lucky with a serviceable Anderson lower, but I am not foolish enough to think they are as good as my Sionics, Nodak Spud, LMT, or Sabre Defense lowers. Anderson will (used to at least) take care of you under warranty, but will you have to pay to transfer the replacement lower? You certainly will be out your time and frustration.

I will (and have) purchased a stripped PSA lower before another Anderson. I believe PSA is "better". But I purchased my PSA lower at a LGS (at a good price) where I could inspect it. I rejected 2 PSA lowers before I bought one for a dedicated 22 build.

There is a place for cheap parts IMHO, but I would struggle with buying an Aero part for close to the same price as better suppliers (Sionics, SOLGW, etc).

Andy

Unless anything has changed, if you send in a lower/firearm in to a company for service and they replace it, they just mail it to you without FFL nonsense. Had an out of spec Noveske lower, sent it in, replacement at my door within a few days, but that was back in 2012/13.

el_chupo_
08-06-20, 19:57
2 (sequential) out of spec andersons back in 2016 pre-election run, replaced under warranty and sent back to me. Out of spec for the bolt catch machining, I dont recall exactly the issue, other than it would absolutely not allow enough movement with a empty mag to catch the bolt to hold open, and would not drop any mags. 20 or 30 rd pmag or standard mags.

cosmo223
08-07-20, 19:05
Haven't bought a stripped lower for almost a year. Started googling yesterday and was surprised that it was tough to find any deals. A lot of companies seem to be out of stock. However, Aeroprecision has blemished lowers on sale for $71. Also has cheap parts kit in stock. I've built up a number of lowers using blemished Aeroprecision or Spike's Tactical lowers and have never had any problems. And honestly, the "blemished" lowers have always been in very good shape, maybe a slight discoloration. So, if you're trying to save money I think this is the way to go, rather than buying a receiver from a lower tier company and risking that it's out of spec. Plus, if you ever do to sell your gun, I suspect a knowledgeable buyer would rather have an Aeroprecision or Spike's Tactical receiver as opposed to an Anderson lower.

GHMann
08-10-20, 05:45
Buy what you can now. They are expensive and hard to find now, but they might be impossible to find next year. Two years from now, it won't matter what you paid for them today anyway, but you will have them.

Esq.
08-10-20, 09:52
2 (sequential) out of spec andersons back in 2016 pre-election run, replaced under warranty and sent back to me. Out of spec for the bolt catch machining, I dont recall exactly the issue, other than it would absolutely not allow enough movement with a empty mag to catch the bolt to hold open, and would not drop any mags. 20 or 30 rd pmag or standard mags.

I had this exact same problem with an Anderson from the same era. It was irritating as hell trying to figure out what the problem was initially.....Once I figured it out I took the bolt catch to my belt grinder and slimmed it down, hit it with cold blue and it worked fine. Traded that POS off and have never bought another.

m1a_scoutguy
08-10-20, 11:19
Hard to believe but a buddy from work called me last week and he bought 2 Anderson stripped lowers last week @ a Gander Outdoors & they were $39 bucks each ! I guess that shows stuff is still flowing through the pipeline but ya better be in the right place @ the right time. I had no use for one and the place is 25 miles from me so I wasn't gonna go run up there like a mad man, LOL I keep toying with the ideal of the BCM stripped but just haven't done it ! With all this talk and with this tread going on for a couple weeks has "ANYONE" in here bought a BCM lower & not told anyone, LOL I don't typically do that kind of stuff but ya mite be able to double your $$$$ around mid October, people are getting silly that's for sure ! Come on guys, fess up, anyone. ;);)

Pappabear
08-10-20, 11:50
Hard to believe but a buddy from work called me last week and he bought 2 Anderson stripped lowers last week @ a Gander Outdoors & they were $39 bucks each ! I guess that shows stuff is still flowing through the pipeline but ya better be in the right place @ the right time. I had no use for one and the place is 25 miles from me so I wasn't gonna go run up there like a mad man, LOL I keep toying with the ideal of the BCM stripped but just haven't done it ! With all this talk and with this tread going on for a couple weeks has "ANYONE" in here bought a BCM lower & not told anyone, LOL I don't typically do that kind of stuff but ya mite be able to double your $$$$ around mid October, people are getting silly that's for sure ! Come on guys, fess up, anyone. ;);)

Ive bought two stripped lowers from BC, and both are on wicked good SBR's. Buy with confidence. Oh, and mine were "blems"

PB

OutofBatt3ry
08-10-20, 22:09
I'd get em. Prices are not coming down for the foreseeable future. What's a $100 over the grand scheme of things? Just don't eat out once a week for a few weeks and you're back in the black.

m1a_scoutguy
08-11-20, 01:01
Ive bought two stripped lowers from BC, and both are on wicked good SBR's. Buy with confidence. Oh, and mine were "blems"

PB

I'd get em. Prices are not coming down for the foreseeable future. What's a $100 over the grand scheme of things? Just don't eat out once a week for a few weeks and you're back in the black.

LOL, yea the longer it goes the more I think about it and the more I say oh what the hell,,just get one ! Hey with the new EO from Trump I can buy 2 a month with the extra $$$ till there out of stock,,,,LOL !! I think about it but I just got 2 SOLGW lowers last month, I have all the LPKs and other items to go with them I just haven't got around to putting them together! A nice BCM stripped Lower would bring my count up to 4 quality lowers so there is something to be said about "even" numbers. Oh boy life is hard isn't it guys ! :rolleyes:
Now Pappabear the 2 Blems you bought were they less than the asking price of the current Stripped lowers or about on par with this new batch. Guess that really doesn't make that much difference but just wondering. Anyways I'll keep thinking about it that's for sure !

davidjinks
08-14-20, 19:04
If you want them, get them. If you need them, definitely get them.

Hello all,

Thanks,

JRC

m1a_scoutguy
08-14-20, 19:42
If you want them, get them. If you need them, definitely get them.

LOL,,yes true ! I don't NEED but my gun guy side says why not,I don't have any BCM lowers,,would be nice to have ! My greedy capitalist side says buy a couple and hold out till October and let some dope pay me $400 bucks plus shipping for one !! I don't do that kinda stuff,but it is tempting at times,& it sure looks like the timing couldn't be better,LOL ! :p But even with that opportunity,I more than likely will just get one and throw it in the safe for the time being !