PDA

View Full Version : ALG Defense?

Slater
07-30-20, 14:19
Anyone have any feedback positive or negative on this particular company? They came up on an Internet search:

https://algdefense.com/bolt-carrier-group-bcg-mil-spec-phosphate.html

TexasAggie2005
07-30-20, 14:21
Good to go. It is a sister company to Geissele Automatics. Think of it as a budget line.

ALG = Amy Lynn Geissele

edited to add: I've used their LPK's, ACT trigger, and handguards. All good to go.

monty_d_33
07-30-20, 14:37
I’ve used hand-guards, nothing wrong with them. Good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circle_10
07-30-20, 15:13
I have their ACTs in two guns and their QMS in a third. No complaints.

ST911
07-30-20, 15:18
Anyone have any feedback positive or negative on this particular company? They came up on an Internet search:

GTG products, recommended.

ALG Defense is a woman owned company that was founded by Amy Lynn Geissele in 2012. As a sister company to Geissele Automatics, the same manufacturing and engineering teams are utilized to deliver the most cost effective and highest quality products available. ALG's experience is resourced from all over the industry; everything from the everyday target shooter to providing equipment to various branches of the special forces as a registered defense contractor. ALG Defense is focused on providing a superior customer service experience and product in one affordable package. All backed by an industry leading lifetime warranty.

Bill talks about the companies in the video, here: https://youtu.be/z86hO6rF8KQ

ACE31
07-30-20, 15:18
I use their springs. They are GTG in my book.

squid8286
07-30-20, 15:35
I have used several of the ACT triggers in my ARs, and I think they are very inconsistent. I actually have ONE that feels good enough to keep. The rest have varying grades of grittiness, and one was the absolute worst trigger of ANY single stage I have ever used. I really like BCMs PNT trigger a lot better, as I have yet to find a gritty one. They have replaced all but one of the ACTs.

Mercs
07-30-20, 15:46
Yes great now can I get a QMS in stock anywhere???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
07-30-20, 15:47
I really like BCMs PNT trigger a lot better, as I have yet to find a gritty one.
I'm a big fan of the PNT as well for an inexpensive but very nice single stage trigger.

boss_hawg
07-30-20, 17:09
I purchased one of their hand guards and it was very nice for the price. It was very lightweight and inexpensive. I have used it on a 6.8 upper for hunting over four years and had no issues.

I had one of their QMS triggers. It was much better than milspec but I can’t tell you about consistency since I only had one sample.

titsonritz
07-31-20, 04:42
I use and recommend their ACT trigger and EMR rails on my budget builds. They're GTG.

26 Inf
07-31-20, 13:32
I've used a lot of ALG EMR's on builds. They are quality for the dollar, a great value.

Since the OP linked to a BCG, I have to mention that I think it, and many others, is over-priced. The 9310 bolt is not the mil-spec, and that is a concern for many. I'm sure it is a good product, I just don't think it is a great value.

Grand58742
07-31-20, 13:45
QMS or ACT is the first thing I put on any AR I own or put together.

Buy with confidence

For the person asking for one in stock:

https://www.riflegear.com/p-1591-alg-defense-quality-mil-spec-trigger.aspx

I'd call first though.

gunnerblue
07-31-20, 13:52
Their sling swivels are excellent and often overlooked it seems.

AndyLate
07-31-20, 14:19
I assume the quality of the BCG is as good as their other parts. For what it is worth, the bolt is 9130 not Carpenter 158.

Andy

Hank6046
07-31-20, 14:36

I have this BCG in Nitride, It works well. Maybe 500rds on it. I replaced a toolcraft with it, boringly reliable so far, which is how it should be.

Edit: I think I picked up the BCG at Rainier or Primary Arms on sale for $109.99. That price seems high, I would go with a centurion for $125 if you want a great brand with a great price.
https://www.centurionarms.com/bolt-carrier-group-s/1836.htm

OrbitalE
08-02-20, 12:28
QMS or ACT is the first thing I put on any AR I own or put together.

Buy with confidence

For the person asking for one in stock:

https://www.riflegear.com/p-1591-alg-defense-quality-mil-spec-trigger.aspx

I'd call first though.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve seen some garbage ALG triggers recently. More specifically the QMS, so watch out.

08-02-20, 12:52
I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve seen some garbage ALG triggers recently. More specifically the QMS, so watch out.

I had a couple of QMS’s when they first came out. Were great.

Ordered 5 about a year and a half ago and they were garbage. Just like any other low price stock trigger.

FWIW, I have felt MANY Colt stock triggers and they’re consistently as good as a stock trigger can be.

ST911
08-02-20, 15:03
@orbitale and @17k, and anyone else applicable...

I've had half a dozen QMS triggers come on assembled Geisseles in the last ~60 days. They are cleaner and crisper than mil, but I think the ACT has an edge on them. Can you detail your perceptions that they are "garbage", by metric or as compared to what, in a way we can all understand?

OrbitalE
08-02-20, 17:24

I've had half a dozen QMS triggers come on assembled Geisseles in the last ~60 days. They are cleaner and crisper than mil, but I think the ACT has an edge on them. Can you detail your perceptions that they are "garbage", by metric or as compared to what, in a way we can all understand?

Inconsistent reset, personally, is what I have witnessed on multiple triggers within the same time period. To the point of failure - click instead of bang.

L-2
08-02-20, 18:38
This was good info being ALG a related company to Geissele. I have an ALG spring for my AK47 and had never heard of the company before and just figured, it being an AK47, all the brands and sources were going to be different from the AR15.

ST911
08-02-20, 21:36
Inconsistent reset, personally, is what I have witnessed on multiple triggers within the same time period. To the point of failure - click instead of bang.

Confirming...
QMS trigger, correct?
And what was ALGs response to your feedback or service request?

Sry0fcr
08-03-20, 09:27
This was good info being ALG a related company to Geissele. I have an ALG spring for my AK47 and had never heard of the company before and just figured, it being an AK47, all the brands and sources were going to be different from the AR15.

I'm 90% sure that ALG primarily exists as a "Woman Owned" Geissele Automatics for government contracting purposes.

Anyone ever see Amy Lynn Geissele introduce an ALG product?

OrbitalE
08-03-20, 23:26
Confirming...
QMS trigger, correct?
And what was ALGs response to your feedback or service request?
Yes, QMS. Service request...? Are you joking? These were commercial products, I don’t know what was done to remediate the issue, but it certainly wasn’t a phone call. They were swapped with QMS triggers from the pile that worked given the immediacy of the resolution.

Listen, I’ve owned plenty of ALG and have plenty of Geissele, I don’t know what you’re going after.

AndyLate
08-04-20, 06:18
I'm 90% sure that ALG primarily exists as a "Woman Owned" Geissele Automatics for government contracting purposes.

Anyone ever see Amy Lynn Geissele introduce an ALG product?

It's possible, but more likely it allowed production of less costly items while Geissele remained a "premium" brand.

Andy

JediGuy
08-04-20, 07:05
It's possible, but more likely it allowed production of less costly items while Geissele remained a "premium" brand.

Andy

I’m going to bet a combination. They offer entirely different products (more so previously than the last year), including a super duper secret-group-requested 6 Second Mount.

26 Inf
08-04-20, 22:18
including a super duper secret-group-requested 6 Second Mount.

Which might fit the narrative of the minority/woman owned business.

Years ago one of the largest paving contractors in the area set up one of his minority foremen in business as a competing company, apparently just to be a nice guy :jester:

JediGuy
08-06-20, 09:47
triggers are great

Never mind. Not my lane.

AndyLate
08-06-20, 13:18
triggers are great

Good luck selling on the EE after you make enough random posts.

Andy

08-07-20, 20:14

The ones I installed were reliable, just had horrible pull characteristics. Very heavy, gritty, creepy.

fedupflyer
08-08-20, 15:00
I am disappointed ALG stopped making the MLok handguard that had no rail on top. Completely slick and perfect for 3 Gun.

OrbitalE
08-08-20, 19:08
I am disappointed ALG stopped making the MLok handguard that had no rail on top. Completely slick and perfect for 3 Gun.

I have a 14.5 BCM ELW and billet upper with this rail, you want to buy it lmao